PDA

View Full Version : Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working

DreamensioN
23-01-2018, 09:10 PM
I've got to get myself a VCDS/Ross Tech cable...if it wasn't for having to get new rotors & pads on the Golf R before I sell it, I would have bought one this week.

Does anybody know if there's a way to change the automatic stop/start so it defaults to "Off" when you turn on the ignition?

Jap
23-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Nobody’s found it if there is, you can turn it off by tricking the car but the a with the line still comes up on the dash

Blackpaladin67
24-01-2018, 02:10 AM
I've got to get myself a VCDS/Ross Tech cable...if it wasn't for having to get new rotors & pads on the Golf R before I sell it, I would have bought one this week.

Does anybody know if there's a way to change the automatic stop/start so it defaults to "Off" when you turn on the ignition?You can do all this with an obd2 quite a bit cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DreamensioN
24-01-2018, 09:50 AM
You can do all this with an obd2 quite a bit cheaper.

I figured I'd get the Ross Tech one, mostly because then I won't have any restrictions (apart from the number of cars I can do). Our last 2 cars were VW's. Our current cars are a VW and a Skoda, and our next cars will likely be from the VAG group aswell. Mostly because of the corporate discount we get through my work.

I also remember when I had to change the brake pads on my wife's Tiguan, and I needed the cable to release the rear calipers and had to borrow one from a guy at work. I figured it's about time I got my own.

DreamensioN
20-03-2018, 09:57 PM
It arrived today. Let the tweaking begin!

Rocket36
21-03-2018, 08:55 AM
It arrived today. Let the tweaking begin!

What is it?

DreamensioN
21-03-2018, 09:35 AM
What is it?

Ross Tech Hex-Net - so I can do VCDS tweaks on the car. I've just enabled the Traffic Reporting capability (which is disabled for the Australian market)

Next I want to figure out how to enable all the different colours for the ambient lighting instead of just the standard 3, and also have the exhaust valves open all the time. :D

I'll eventually try to figure out how to enable it so I can close the boot lid using the same button inside the drivers door.

DreamensioN
22-03-2018, 10:54 PM
Ok so I've been hot on the heals of Blackpaladin67 following his posts in the VCDS tweaks thread, and I've now done the same mods.

Here is the standard cockpit display in the Arteon

And this is after enabling a different version of it. You can see the matrix dots in the center (these are animated as you move between different views), also you'll notice the speedo goes to 320kph, the redline around the 7000/8000rpm mark is different, and the 1/min x1000 is also in the same colour as whatever your ambient lighting is set to.

Also got around to enabling the different colours that are available. As you know here are the 3 standard colours you get (Yellow, White, Blue)

And here are 10 colours enabled. What surprised me is that these can be ANY 10 colours you want. You're not limited to anything. Though I think there are limits to what the LED diodes can display. I found with some colours the virtual dash would get it spot on, but the strip lighting would be way off. I'll probably still play around with these a little more and change the order of them so they make some kind of sequential sense. But I essentially left the first 3 colours as the factory defaults, and then the rest I just made up as I went along.

=

DreamensioN
24-03-2018, 10:05 AM
For anybody that cares - I can confirm the removal of the "nag" screen on the entertainment unit from the Tiguan thread works. This is the pop up message that happens every second time about "For your safety, please follow traffic regulations at all times" that you have to keep pressing "OK" on.

Blackpaladin67
24-03-2018, 10:06 AM
For anybody that cares - I can confirm the removal of the "nag" screen on the entertainment unit from the Tiguan thread works. This is the pop up message that happens every second time about "For your safety, please follow traffic regulations at all times" that you have to keep pressing "OK" on.

Confirm but with the prefix that i did mine via obd2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackpaladin67
24-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Same with drl front light intensity along with Scandinavian rear drl

DreamensioN
24-03-2018, 06:10 PM
Would love to see your work up coding on this one . When i attempted it mine spat the dummy and got two warnings come up on the dash.

Hmm ok - mine did it no problem. So with VCDS - for the steps I went to:
1. 01-Engine
2. 07-Coding
3. Long Coding
4. Change the drop down option in Bit 0-2 from "01 Manufacturer: Seat/Skoda/Volkswagen" to "02 Manufacturer: Audi"

That was it.

Have you got a link to where you got the info for the DRL brightness tweak?

Blackpaladin67
24-03-2018, 06:13 PM
1. 01-Engine
2. 07-Coding
3. Long Coding
4. Change the drop down option in Bit 0-2 from "01 Manufacturer: Seat/Skoda/Volkswagen" to "02 Manufacturer: Audi"

That was it.

Have you got a link to where you got the info for the DRL brightness tweak?

Sweet will give it a go. From recall mine try did not look like that. Much appreciated

Blackpaladin67
24-03-2018, 06:21 PM
Sweet will give it a go. From recall mine try did not look like that. Much appreciated

I find the drl thread it was from the golf forum with a link to a external site with needle sweep and several other mods.

Blackpaladin67
24-03-2018, 10:01 PM
I find the drl thread it was from the golf forum with a link to a external site with needle sweep and several other mods.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHi this should point you in the right direction, with luckhttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/03/87239e11848b8a98aef59be42368fadf-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Blackpaladin67
24-03-2018, 10:04 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOk i had look unfortunately obd2 only drill down to this level and don't have any lables so any help would be greatly appreciated.http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/03/7e982435ef62b2a6731695cc51179b0b-1.jpg

DreamensioN
25-03-2018, 08:04 AM
Ok I think this is what you need....

Here is my original Long Code - note the first bit 09

On the VCDS, I just use the pull down option to change the manufacturer to Audi. This changes the first bit from 09 -> 0A like so.

So if you can make that change - that's your setting.

DreamensioN
25-03-2018, 08:05 AM
Hi this should point you in the right direction, with luck

Awesome! Thanks a lot I'll give this a go today!

Blackpaladin67
25-03-2018, 09:17 AM

On the VCDS, I just use the pull down option to change the manufacturer to Audi. This changes the first bit from 09 -> 0A like so.

Superb just did it csnt wait to take it for a drive a bit later. Thanks heaps mate.

Blackpaladin67
25-03-2018, 03:02 PM

This is frackin super excellent mod ta

DreamensioN
25-03-2018, 08:01 PM
This is frackin super excellent mod ta

Hahah! I know right! Totally changes the feel of the car. It's like...this is the way it should have been from the start!

Blackpaladin67
26-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Hahah! I know right! Totally changes the feel of the car. It's like...this is the way it should have been from the start!

Having driven into brisbane this morning on ACC & TJA all the way, it is almost like driving a different and superior car. Clearly this mod is effecting more than foot actuated throttle control. This mod is totally amazing !! The way it behaves in Sport mode is super wow

DreamensioN
28-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Ok, I've done a freaking sweet rear DRL tweak - which I prefer over the "Scandinavian DRL" tweak.

The "Scandinavian rear DRL" tweak basically puts the parker lights on full time. So this means the rear parker lights (the "DRL's") are at 100% brightness, and also the number plate light is on. At full brightness the rear lights are pretty damn bright, even in full sunlight, and it looks like you're just driving around with your parkers on (which you are!).

I wanted to make the rear DRL's more subtle, like how you see on the latest Audi Q7's. I've seen it in real life, and they look almost as though you're not quite sure if they're glowing or not. They're not stupid in-your-face bright.

Here's a Youtube of what I'm talking about - you'll see when he enables the lights - it's not stand-out bright, but really subtle.
YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7wCDXXH7E4&vl=en)

However - when my headlights come on (whether it's auto mode, or I put my headlights on manually - or even if I put my parker lights on manually) - I want the rear lights to come on 100% brightness. So essentially, I just don't want 100% brightness during the day, but at night - I want everything how it was from the factory. Also - in DRL mode, your number plate light doesn't come on. But it does when your headlights come on...just like factory spec.

So here is how I did it on the Arteon. This is using VCDS and everything is done in the 09-Cent. Elect. part. You will need a security code to set these changes which is 31347.

Firstly - if you have enabled the original Scandinavian rear DRL mode - turn it off.

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG141647-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht
Value = Inactive

This should just leave your front DRL's on only. No lights on the rear.

Next - you want to configure your rear lights as DRL's, but you also want to keep the normal function of your auto lights, parkers, and proper headlights. I can't explain the exactness of these tweaks and why the order is important, but this works, and I've tested it.

As always - make a backup of everything first and take note of the settings you change. This way if you don't like it or you stuff it up, you can change them back to how they were.

Please note in the following sections:
Leuchte23SL = passenger rear
Leuchte24SL = drivers rear

First setting - this should already be set by the factory, but just check it is.

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116959-ENG116312-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion A 23
Value = Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht: Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)

Second setting - this will be set to "Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)" - we want to change this to the following. There are 2 "Daytime Running Lights" options - in VCDS, the one that worked was the one higher in the list of options. But basically - if you pick one and the light doesn't come up, pick the other one.

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116959-ENG116313-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion B 23
New Value = Daytime Running Lights

Third setting - this is a brand new setting. Current value for this will be "not active". And yes, this is the same as the first setting.

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116959-ENG116316-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion C 23
New Value = Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht: Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)

Fourth setting - this is a brand new setting. Current value for this will be "not active".

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116959-ENG116317-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion D 23
New Value = Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)

As you can see - we've changed Light Function B to be "Daytime Running Lights" and we've moved the parker light function down to slot D. Don't ask me what slot A and C do, but I think it has something to do with the light functions needing to be configured in "pairs". I think...I have no idea. I hope someone else with more VCDS knowledge can shed light on why.

Setting the brightness...

This sets the rear DRL's to be 20% brightness during the day. I think this is good. You can go lower/higher if you want. I found the light didn't work properly at 10% (only half of it was actually lit up). Full brightness (the original value of this setting) is 127.

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116959-ENG116314-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert AB 23
New Value = 20

Set the brightness of the light when in parker and headlight mode. The original value of this will be 0.

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116959-ENG116318-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert CD 23
New Value = 127

That's the passenger side done. Now you just need to do the drivers side. Again you're inserting "Daytime Running Lights" into slot B, and moving "Park Light Right" to slot D. So those settings are as follows...

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116960-ENG116331-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion A 24

ENG116960-ENG116332-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion B 24
Value = Daytime Running Lights

ENG116960-ENG116335-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion C 24

ENG116960-ENG116336-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion D 24
Value = Park Light Right

And to configure the brightness to be the same it is...

ENG116960-ENG116333-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert AB 24
Value = 20

ENG116960-ENG116337-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert CD 24
Value = 127

Now if you go to the back of your car - you'll see it in all its glory. With no headlights and just DRL mode - you'll have a nice subtle glow to your rear lights. When your parkers or headlights come on - you'll get 100% brightness as you did before.

Blackpaladin67
29-03-2018, 06:28 AM
Ok, I've done a freaking sweet rear DRL tweak - which I prefer over the "Scandinavian DRL" tweak.

The "Scandinavian rear DRL" tweak basically puts the parker lights on full time. So this means the rear parker lights (the "DRL's") are at 100% brightness, and also the number plate light is on. At full brightness the rear lights are pretty damn bright, even in full sunlight, and it looks like you're just driving around with your parkers on (which you are!).

I wanted to make the rear DRL's more subtle, like how you see on the latest Audi Q7's. I've seen it in real life, and they look almost as though you're not quite sure if they're glowing or not. They're not stupid in-your-face bright.

Here's a Youtube of what I'm talking about - you'll see when he enables the lights - it's not stand-out bright, but really subtle.
YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7wCDXXH7E4&vl=en)

However - when my headlights come on (whether it's auto mode, or I put my headlights on manually - or even if I put my parker lights on manually) - I want the rear lights to come on 100% brightness. So essentially, I just don't want 100% brightness during the day, but at night - I want everything how it was from the factory. Also - in DRL mode, your number plate light doesn't come on. But it does when your headlights come on...just like factory spec.

So here is how I did it on the Arteon. This is using VCDS and everything is done in the 09-Cent. Elect. part. You will need a security code to set these changes which is 31347.

Firstly - if you have enabled the original Scandinavian rear DRL mode - turn it off.

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG141647-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht
Value = Inactive

This should just leave your front DRL's on only. No lights on the rear.

Next - you want to configure your rear lights as DRL's, but you also want to keep the normal function of your auto lights, parkers, and proper headlights. I can't explain the exactness of these tweaks and why the order is important, but this works, and I've tested it.

As always - make a backup of everything first and take note of the settings you change. This way if you don't like it or you stuff it up, you can change them back to how they were.

Please note in the following sections:
Leuchte23SL = passenger rear
Leuchte24SL = drivers rear

First setting - this should already be set by the factory, but just check it is.

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116959-ENG116312-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion A 23

Second setting - this will be set to "Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)" - we want to change this to the following. There are 2 "Daytime Running Lights" options - in VCDS, the one that worked was the one higher in the list of options. But basically - if you pick one and the light doesn't come up, pick the other one.

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116959-ENG116313-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion B 23
New Value = Daytime Running Lights

Third setting - this is a brand new setting. Current value for this will be "not active". And yes, this is the same as the first setting.

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116959-ENG116316-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion C 23
New Value = Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht: Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)

Fourth setting - this is a brand new setting. Current value for this will be "not active".

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116959-ENG116317-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion D 23
New Value = Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)

As you can see - we've changed Light Function B to be "Daytime Running Lights" and we've moved the parker light function down to slot D. Don't ask me what slot A and C do, but I think it has something to do with the light functions needing to be configured in "pairs". I think...I have no idea. I hope someone else with more VCDS knowledge can shed light on why.

Setting the brightness...

This sets the rear DRL's to be 30% brightness during the day. I think this is good. You can go down to 20% if you want. I found the light didn't work properly at 10% (only half of it was actually lit up). Full brightness (the original value of this setting) is 127.

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116959-ENG116314-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert AB 23
New Value = 30

Set the brightness of the light when in parker and headlight mode. The original value of this will be 0.

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116959-ENG116318-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert CD 23
New Value = 127

That's the passenger side done. Now you just need to do the drivers side. Again you're inserting "Daytime Running Lights" into slot B, and moving "Park Light Right" to slot D. So those settings are as follows...

09-Cent. Elect.
10-Adaptations
ENG116960-ENG116331-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion A 24

ENG116960-ENG116332-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion B 24
Value = Daytime Running Lights

ENG116960-ENG116335-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion C 24

ENG116960-ENG116336-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion D 24
Value = Park Light Right

And to configure the brightness to be the same it is...

ENG116960-ENG116333-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert AB 24
Value = 30

ENG116960-ENG116337-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert CD 24
Value = 127

Now if you go to the back of your car - you'll see it in all its glory. With no headlights and just DRL mode - you'll have a nice subtle glow to your rear lights. When your parkers or headlights come on - you'll get 100% brightness as you did before.

Superb writeup and inventive adaption mate !

DreamensioN
29-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Superb writeup and inventive adaption mate !

Cheers!

I've actually just gone back and edited the post. Just looking at it again in the daylight, even 30% was probably just a fraction brighter than I think I wanted. So I've dropped it down to 20%. It almost has a "day glow" look to it where in daylight, you can't tell if it's on or not - like...if what you're seeing is light being emitted, or just a reflection of the natural light. It's only when a shadow goes over it you can see it's emitting light.

Giskard
01-04-2018, 11:28 AM
1. 01-Engine
2. 07-Coding
3. Long Coding

This is interesting. Does anyone know if there is a similar setting for the GTI Golf 7.5?

Vexed
04-04-2018, 12:02 AM

Surprisingly, in my Skoda Superb 206, Bit 0-2 was empty... I had to try a couple of times (with engine on and off) before the controller accepted 02 Audi.

Blackpaladin67
04-04-2018, 05:22 AM
Surprisingly, in my Skoda Superb 206, Bit 0-2 was empty... I had to try a couple of times (with engine on and off) before the controller accepted 02 Audi.

Will be interested to see if the feel of your Superb's drive changes like it has done on our Arteon's ? Do tell

Vexed
04-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Will be interested to see if the feel of your Superb's drive changes like it has done on our Arteon's ? Do tell

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah the throttle response has improved for sure.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

DreamensioN
04-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Yeah the throttle response has improved for sure.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Giddy up!! I personally reckon it's done more than just throttle response. Well it feels that way in the Arteon anyway.

HiddenTaco
21-04-2018, 07:49 AM
Below are a list of confirmed VCDS / OBDEleven tweaks that work on the current Arteon.

Dynamic Road Sign Display (https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f248/dynamic-road-sign-display-vcds-odb11-123078.html#post1264417)

Ambient Light - add more colours (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f248/arteon-ambient-light-led-colour-change-121532.html)

If you have a tweak that is working please post in this thread and PM me and I will update the list above.

HiddenTaco
23-04-2018, 07:44 PM
I noticed they are selling the OBDEleven with an adaptor ($20 extra!) to fit the Arteon better. Does anyone have one and is it really required?

Would the Vag Com Hex v2 be better? I don't really care that I have to use a laptop.

DreamensioN
23-04-2018, 10:14 PM
I got the HEX-NET. The first half dozen or so times I used it, it was really hard to get into the port. But now it seems to go in just fine. When I used it on my wife's Superb, it clicked in really easy the first time from the get-go. So I don't know what the story was with the Arteon.

Blackpaladin67
24-04-2018, 10:03 AM
I noticed they are selling the OBDEleven with an adaptor ($20 extra!) to fit the Arteon better. Does anyone have one and is it really required?

Would the Vag Com Hex v2 be better? I don't really care that I have to use a laptop.

Yes you need the adaptor if you choose to go obd11 route

DAS AUTO
14-05-2018, 10:08 PM
Audi Mod
Love the difference it makes...I thought initially it was not such a dramatic improvement until reverted back to standard values for a few days. So worth the small outlay for the ODBEleven (https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/obdeleven-audi-volkswagen-skoda-diagnostic-system/)

Get on board!

HiddenTaco
19-05-2018, 10:29 PM
Updated - Added Ambient Light mod

LRDV8R
06-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Has anyone got this one? ($159.90) ..trying to decide which one to get- looking for relative ease of use and cost effectiveness.. 34103

HiddenTaco
06-06-2018, 12:51 PM
Has anyone got this one? ($159.90) ..trying to decide which one to get- looking for relative ease of use and cost effectiveness.. 34103

Spend double this and get the proven to work VCDS cable.

You also have obdeleven as an option.

I got the VCDS cable and I'm happy with it.

DreamensioN
06-06-2018, 02:03 PM
Spend double this and get the proven to work VCDS cable.

You also have obdeleven as an option.

I got the VCDS cable and I'm happy with it.

Like wise here. You know that saying "tight arses pay twice"? LOL.

I spent the money and got a legit HEX-NET. Our last 2 cars were VW's, our current cars are VW and Skoda, and it's highly likely our next cars will be from the VW Audi Group. For me it was a worthwhile investment, plus I like having no limitations with tweaking. Also the VCDS software is updated regularly, and their forums have great support (for legit owners).

HiddenTaco
07-06-2018, 09:14 AM
Just an update for what I have managed to get working and some notes:

The Soundakator defaults at 100%
You can change it here: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/vcds-vag-com-codes-programmable-options-golf-mk7-84619-post1056554.html#post1056554"

Fan Speed Indicator - display on "auto" mode
VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7 (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/vcds-vag-com-codes-programmable-options-golf-mk7-84619-post1067400.html#post1067400)
Refuel Quantity - activate
VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7 (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/vcds-vag-com-codes-programmable-options-golf-mk7-84619-post1052178.html#post1052178)

Gauge/Needle sweep on AID
Module 17 -> Coding -> Byte 01 -> Bit 00 activated

TMC Traffic

Go into Module 5F - Information Control Unit
Select Adaptations, select "Fee-based traffic information (TMC)
Set value from 65535 to 1024
Make sure you enable traffic information in the radio, and set RDS region to automatic.
Wait for about half an hour and it will receive all the traffic messages. You can confirm that TMC is working looking at the information display where it will display the TMC logo.

LRDV8R
07-06-2018, 10:46 AM
[QUOTE= "tight arses pay twice"? LOL.[/QUOTE] This can be very,very true but I find with advice and tenacity, my distant scottish heritage wins out and I find a bargain! :-)

jayel86
08-06-2018, 03:25 PM
Do you need to remove panel to fit obdeleven?? I purchase with extender adaptor and it doesnt fit.. not sure if im pushing hard enough.

HiddenTaco
08-06-2018, 03:47 PM
Do you need to remove panel to fit obdeleven?? I purchase with extender adaptor and it doesnt fit.. not sure if im not sure pushing hard enough.

I have the VCDS cable and it really have to push it.

It is definitely harder than other cars I have owned.

Blackpaladin67
08-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Do you need to remove panel to fit obdeleven?? I purchase with extender adaptor and it doesnt fit.. not sure if im not sure pushing hard enough.

No just make sure you have facing the correct way

jayel86
08-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Yep got it in.. had to use bit more force than any other obd i used as mentioned by HiddenTaco.. thank you guys for input.

capuman
28-06-2018, 06:34 AM
Hi guys, just got my Arteon and bought the obdeleven. Can someone tell me where i need to plug it in? And where can i get the adaptor i hear i need? Thanks!!

HiddenTaco
28-06-2018, 08:40 AM
OBD2 Port Extender – For OBDeleven – AutoInstruct (https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/obd2-port-extender-for-obdeleven/)

Welcome. I really do mean no offense, but....

If you don't know where the OBD port is then you need to do a lot more research before you break something.

It's under the little glove compartment on the drivers side.

capuman
29-06-2018, 06:16 AM
Thanks! Yeah i dont intend of doing much other than using the apps (no long coding) to activate the video player whilst drivig, change the AID style and if possible, at some point in the future..once i learn as much as possible, add more ambient colours (based on a youtube step by step video ive seen). Nothing else :)

capuman
01-07-2018, 01:41 AM
I did it! No dramas. Have been able to add the 10 colours i wanted, changed the dials and added the bouncy balls in the main display, all with the obdeleven, no need for adaptor either by the way.
I have noticed though that not all colours work, especially if they are similar (ime. Pink and purple..). Other than that,, awesome.Happy :)

DreamensioN
01-07-2018, 10:51 AM
With the colours - I find full green (255 green, 0 everything else) and full red (255 red, 0 everything else) also looks really good.

I copied the colour codes out of my wife's Skoda, but found they didn't work the same in the Arteon, so ended up making some minor adjustments. I can get "Aqua" just fine on the dash, but it doesn't translate to the LED lighting strips. It looks the same as the default factory blue. I think it's just the limitation of the lighting strips.

capuman
02-07-2018, 06:56 AM
Try Turquoise, its basically like aqua and looks great. My favourite though is purple and blue.
0, 255, 204

capuman
07-07-2018, 03:45 AM
Weird, when i click on the soundaktor in the apps it keeps telling me to make sure the engine is running, which it is... So i cant get it to work on obdeleven. What about you guys?

HiddenTaco
07-07-2018, 08:07 AM
What did you want to do with the soundaktor?

It's set to 100% but only comes on when in Sport mode. If you want Sport mode without the Soundaktor then make a Custom profile.

capuman
08-07-2018, 09:07 AM
Oh right, i see. I wanted to adjust the volume basically. Thanks

HiddenTaco
08-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Oh right, i see. I wanted to adjust the volume basically. Thanks

Up or down?

I was curious if it could be increased because I find it hard to hear where the revs are at. Being already at 100% I didn't mess with it but I assume the % can be decreased if that is what you want.

LRDV8R
08-07-2018, 01:07 PM
Anyone got the original values for the factory white LED’s (background lighting) - I changed to 10 colour values but mucked around with a few ‘custom colours’ but now can’t get white back (always has a green tinge). I didn’t bother recording it believing that RGB at full value each normally delivers white..but not here!

heavyj251
08-07-2018, 06:09 PM
I'm in the same boat! Except 255,255,255 for me is purple-ish... I've played with a few values but can't get it quite right

If anybody could post the original value for 'white', I'd also be most appreciative!

DreamensioN
08-07-2018, 07:30 PM
Anyone got the original values for the factory white LED’s (background lighting)

I'm in the same boat!

IDE11714-ENG126830-Ambient light color list-Blauwert Farbe = 64
IDE11714-ENG126829-Ambient light color list-Gruenwert Farbe = 255
IDE11714-ENG126828-Ambient light color list-Rotwert Farbe = 175

Ignore the exact ENG codes - just put the numbers in the slot you want the factory white to be in.

heavyj251
08-07-2018, 07:43 PM
On that note, I'm not sure if anybody else has covered this, but theres an additional adaptation for more colours than 10!

20+ colours, anyone? :cool:

DreamensioN
08-07-2018, 07:44 PM
On that note, I'm not sure if anybody else has covered this, but theres an additional adaptation for more colours than 10!

20+ colours, anyone? :cool:

LOL! Even with 10 colours, I only really use about 5.

How do I get 20? LOL

capuman
10-07-2018, 05:01 PM
LOL! Even with 10 colours, I only really use about 5.

How do I get 20? LOL

even at 10, it does not show all the colours properly anyway so i cant imagine that much of an improvement with 20 :)

LRDV8R
12-07-2018, 08:48 AM

Ignore the exact ENG codes - just put the numbers in the slot you want the factory white to be in.

Thanks for this DreamensioN- got white back on the board!

Mrkglstn
06-09-2018, 06:16 AM
Hey guys....OBD came today and picked up my Arteon Monday....I can’t get the app to connect to the device. I have pushed it as hard as I can into the slot as someone earlier advised but still no joy.....am I missing something / I got a faulty OBDEleven?

capuman
06-09-2018, 06:28 AM
Do you see a red light on the device when you plug it in? As soon as you do, you should see a blinking red light. If you dont thwn its either faulty or not plugged in properly. I dont have to force it at all so dont do it too hard or you might damage the pins.

Mrkglstn
06-09-2018, 06:31 AM
Na no red lights when I plug it in....tried switching ignition on and having the car started ��

capuman
06-09-2018, 07:11 AM
Sounds like its faulty then (assuming its correctly plugged in.. i hear some people here say they needed some sort of an extension to plug it in, i didnt need it though).

HiddenTaco
06-09-2018, 10:03 AM
You might need this:

OBD2 Port Extender – For OBDeleven – AutoInstruct (https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/obd2-port-extender-for-obdeleven/)

doc_777
06-09-2018, 12:55 PM
I know that passats require the extension. And arteon dash is a straight lift from Passat, so...

Mrkglstn
07-09-2018, 04:00 AM
Cheers guys......tried it in a friends golf and lit up like a Christmas tree.....extender it is....just ordere this from amazon. Only because it’s in the uk and will be here tomorrow [1.5m] Eximtrade OBD2 OBDII Extra Long Extension Diagnostic Cable 16-Pin Male to Female: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072MJN6MJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A1XDFSSFH0I40Z&psc=1)

Thanks for the support....

aside from the the ambient lights colour change, digital display dots (that’s what someone called it) and video in motion anything you would recommend to do?

HiddenTaco
07-09-2018, 11:14 AM
These are the items I've done:

Speed sign detection and display on HUD
Dynamic Road Sign Display - VCDS/ODB11 (https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f248/dynamic-road-sign-display-vcds-odb11-123078.html#post1264417)

Refuel amount in cluster
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/vcds-vag-com-codes-programmable-options-golf-mk7-84619-5.html#post1052178

Oil temp in cluster - This is my favourite of all the changes
Volkswagen MK7 Golf OBDeleven / VCDS Tweaks List – AutoInstruct (https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-obdeleven-vcds-tweaks/)

Fan speed on auto
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/vcds-vag-com-codes-programmable-options-golf-mk7-84619-19.html#post1067400

TMC
A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/guide-enable-eu-specific-features-au-spec-tiguans-117741-13.html)

Needle sweep
Volkswagen MK7 Golf OBDeleven / VCDS Tweaks List – AutoInstruct (https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-obdeleven-vcds-tweaks/)

Bouncy dots
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/mk2-tiguan-vcds-tweaks-116815-10.html#post1222451

R style dash
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/mk2-tiguan-vcds-tweaks-116815-17.html#post1239577

This is on my list to do:

Increase number of blinks on quick signal

DRL control from infotainment

Disable nags
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/vcds-vag-com-codes-programmable-options-golf-mk7-84619-38.html#post1120726

Fold only on ignition (not on doors)

Dash colours

Beep on lock

Rear DRL
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/mk2-tiguan-vcds-tweaks-116815-13.html#post1238415

Auto windows close in rain
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/mk2-tiguan-vcds-tweaks-116815-31.html#post1243852

remokicker
07-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm extremely new to the whole VCDS world and very keen on making some changes to my Arteon. I'm curious to understand why this interface is so cheap? Can anyone shed any light? Is there anything wrong with it?

VAGCOM HEX-V2 CAN+USB VCDS 18.2 Car Diagnostic Scanner For VW/Audi/Seat/Skda OG | eBay (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VAGCOM-HEX-V2-CAN-USB-VCDS-18-2-Car-Diagnostic-Scanner-For-VW-Audi-Seat-Skda-OG/253854176601?hash=item3b1ae35559:g:62QAAOSwx3dbkPk 3)

Cheers.

HiddenTaco
07-09-2018, 04:36 PM
This is a rip off of the old version of the Hex tool. It'll either come with cracked or old software. If it seems too good to be true then it is. tell tale sign is the BWM/Merc/Mazda/Toyota logo that isn't even supported.

You spent over $60k on your car. Nothing cheap will be worth putting in or on your car.

I got mine from here: Mount Auto Equip Services Pty Ltd (https://www.autoequipment.com.au/)

DreamensioN
08-09-2018, 11:10 AM
I ordered my HEX-NET from Ross Tech and it was delivered within a week.

There are several issues with the hacked/black market cables.
1. They may not work with the current or newer releases of the VCDS software. The VCDS software is updated to add new functions/capability. So you limit yourself there.

2. The support on the Ross Tech forums is incredibly good. If you run into an issue or want to know how to do something, the community on there is very supportive and can assist. To use the support (or the forums for that matter), you need to have a valid cable. If you go on there with a cracked cable, you get banned and you're on your own. That's an issue if you've done something and you don't know how to fix/reverse it.

If you want to go "cheap" on being able to do mods - then the OBD-II is the way to go. If you want to possibly tinker deeper, then spend the money and get a legit VCDS cable.

Mrkglstn
08-09-2018, 05:08 PM
Cheers for the advice HiddenTaco - Extension cable came yesterday and done my firtst mod of adding in the extra colours to the Ambient lighting.......Getting my tablet to connect to the device was a bit of a chew on it - 1 minute it wouldnt connect, then the next it would. Then when it eventually conected it took ages to scan & go into the differnt modules...

The bit i cant figure out (mainly as i got fed up of it taking ages) is where the instructions say to go into Module XX - Have i just not scrolled far enough in the adaptions?

remokicker
10-09-2018, 07:50 AM
Thanks heaps for the advice HiddenTaco/DreamensioN! Would you say OBDeleven is the middle road then between HEX-NET and OBD-II?

HiddenTaco
10-09-2018, 08:01 AM
No worries.

Obdeleven seems easier to use but I have not used it. I have the Ross Tech cable because I'm a nerd and liked that it works offline not limited by a credit system .

Obdeleven seems less daunting but has a credit/microtransaction system that requires being online.

Obd2 is the name of the port. Both use the same port.

remokicker
10-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Cool, got it.

That credit system does look a little strange doesn't it. I couldn't really find a clear answer via searching if buying the 'Pro' version means you don't need to use credits for everything?

Also, thanks for the correction on OBD-II. For some reason I thought it was the name for the little handheld systems like this, haha. Auto Scanner OBD2 & Can | Supercheap Auto (https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/bosch-auto-scanner-obd2-and-can/411137.html)

Also, is the only diff between HEX-NET & HEX-V2 the wifi capability?

DreamensioN
18-09-2018, 02:52 PM
Also, is the only diff between HEX-NET & HEX-V2 the wifi capability?

Yep - pretty much.

HEX-V2 can be used on 3 or 10 cars (depending on which licence bundle you package). It's USB only, so you need a laptop that you can take out to the car.

HEX-NET comes with 10 licenses only, and has USB & WiFi capability. This means it can be used with a laptop via usb (like the V2), or you can also go wireless on an iOS or Android device. It can also be used wirelessly with a laptop or desktop PC. So the use case here is... you don't have a laptop, but you have a desktop that has access to a wireless access point.

Also one thing to note is that the HEX-NET only has "full" functionality via USB (like the HEX-V2). They haven't ported all the features to VCDS mobile yet.

Now all that said... if you buy the HEX-V2 and you decide you want to use it on more than 3 cars, you can upgrade your licence bundle for $169 to unlimited. Same goes for the HEX-NET if you decide you want to use it on more than 10 cars.

So long story short.. they are the same, except the HEX-NET gives more connection options due to the WiFi, and comes bundled with more cars you can use it on.

WetFishDB
11-03-2019, 10:19 PM

Did anyone actually manage to get a white to work that wasn’t the stock one? The stock one has blue in the AID, and I kinda want to find a white everywhere setting. But 255,255,255 just results in a purple tinge to the ambient lighting.

ANDREWF
13-03-2019, 08:47 PM
i just picked up a OBDELEVEN and enough credits to apply some of the simple mods, I am assuming those displayed in the Apps mode are fool-proof and safe to apply.

I'll do more research on the additional methods of coding as I don;t want to stuff anything up , though the code that alters the manufacturer to AUDI for smoother acceleration sounds easy enough to get into, so may start there.

Also, any suggestions as to what the XDS Interaction is about ? probably one i wont use as the info I found wasnt clear about a useful outcome.

If any other Arteon owners are around Sydney & want to meet up somewhere & get some of these mods done that might be an interesting option to find out what else is going around.

david86
15-03-2019, 09:31 AM
Yep got it in.. had to use bit more force than any other obd i used as mentioned by HiddenTaco.. thank you guys for input.

Seems like I'm also struggling with getting the vcds cable plugged in. Seem to get a connection with the green light, but it's so loose any nudge to the cable will see the head drop off...

Mine is a MY18 model one without the ESC off button, although I won't suspect it, but could the plastic trim be different from the MY17 cars? Any photos of their OBD port would be much appreciated! :)

**Edit** Got it!

Jap
19-03-2019, 08:36 AM
i just picked up a OBDELEVEN and enough credits to apply some of the simple mods, I am assuming those displayed in the Apps mode are fool-proof and safe to apply.
all the apps are are scripts of the mods that you can do in the pro version, and yes if that mod was not designed for your car then it may throw up a problem (although very rare) or may not work at all, the only apps that you need to do are VIM and MIM because they cannot be done in long coding

I'll do more research on the additional methods of coding as I don;t want to stuff anything up , though the code that alters the manufacturer to AUDI for smoother acceleration sounds easy enough to get into, so may start there.
. I haven’t got a aerton but on the golf some people are saying they get problems with the ACC

ANDREWF
27-03-2019, 09:14 PM
I have run through the main apps page now & applied the various ones of interest.
I had to reset the lights module inside the media box in order to get the 4-flash blinkers enabled. I could not find the setting for the 10 colour background lighting while I was in there too, probably just confused.

I am not sure I have noted any feedback from the wheel for the lane keep assist/warning so far. I reset those modules as well & now see a user setting for the warning level in the menus, but not detecting a warning shake.
I have driven a kia + hyundai with that feature & they chirp pretty distinctly if you are clipping the lines, not seeing any feedback from this despite taking a few dodgy corners. I expect to tackle the traffic warning over weekend & then see how the manufacturer one looks.

ANDREWF
01-04-2019, 08:30 PM
Over the weekend I noted that the OBD11 apps listed a new item for Arteon - Throttle Pedal Response.

I had already noted that change as one I wanted to try programming anyway, but as the app makes it simple I applied it ,switching from Standard to Responsive. It's certainly a change in feel on the throttle, but I am not sure I prefer this way to the old style. Seems I need to do a few more kms & see how it feels over time.

Now that setting is applied I will check my notes on how it was going to be implemented to see if the same coding values are showing up. After that it should be time to try some more simple codings. I really want the traffic map working so probably start there.

Jap
02-04-2019, 02:54 AM
I could not find the setting for the 10 colour background lighting while I was in there too, probably just confused.

YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoMaurbOqk)

REK
05-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Amazon currently have the OBDeleven Pro for $142 - Audi/VW VAG OBD2 OBDeleven Pro Bluetooth Scan Tool for Android: Full System Diagnostics, Programming and Monitoring: Amazon.com.au: Automotive (https://www.amazon.com.au/Audi-OBD2-OBDeleven-Bluetooth-Android/dp/B00OTG9K9I/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?crid=7QMZ4QHGXROS&keywords=obdeleven+pro&qid=1554414717&s=gateway&sprefix=ODBeleven%2Caps%2C317&sr=8-1-fkmrnull)

That's a good price yeah?

norasian
27-04-2019, 02:33 AM
Great thread, have gotten a lot of useful information from here. One question though, have anyone managed to turn of the beeping/warning sound from opening the trunk remotely?

Have tried the skoda youtube video (YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHDH-JXR07k)) to no avail.

norasian
27-04-2019, 02:34 AM
Amazon currently have the OBDeleven Pro for $142 - Audi/VW VAG OBD2 OBDeleven Pro Bluetooth Scan Tool for Android: Full System Diagnostics, Programming and Monitoring: Amazon.com.au: Automotive (https://www.amazon.com.au/Audi-OBD2-OBDeleven-Bluetooth-Android/dp/B00OTG9K9I/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?crid=7QMZ4QHGXROS&keywords=obdeleven+pro&qid=1554414717&s=gateway&sprefix=ODBeleven%2Caps%2C317&sr=8-1-fkmrnull)

That's a good price yeah?

That is a fair price

dArK5HaD0w
30-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Great thread, have gotten a lot of useful information from here. One question though, have anyone managed to turn of the beeping/warning sound from opening the trunk remotely?

Have tried the skoda youtube video (YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHDH-JXR07k)) to no avail.

I haven't seen the YouTube video u posted, but I used the coding below to successfully disable the beeping while opening/closing remotely.....

Disable tailgate beep:-
6D (tailgate)
Security Access: 12345
10 - Adaptation
(6)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Tone sensor
Set to "not active"

norasian
01-05-2019, 11:48 PM
I haven't seen the YouTube video u posted, but I used the coding below to successfully disable the beeping while opening/closing remotely.....

Disable tailgate beep:-
6D (tailgate)
Security Access: 12345
10 - Adaptation
(6)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Tone sensor
Set to "not active"

It worked perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing, @dArK5HaD0w

MrAskani
08-05-2019, 02:18 PM
Greets all,

Thanks heaps for these tweaks! Got my MY19 Arteon last Wed and my Hex-NET on Friday arvo. Done a few mods already and a few more this weekend coming, so keep em coming!

Cheers

david86
12-05-2019, 11:23 PM
Had just activated traffic sign recognition... doesn't work as well as expected in Melbourne metro I.e. road sign detection only mode ignores map data so it holds the 80kmph when turning to a 50kmph side street. Is there any way around to get the system to fall back on map data?

nickbeh
03-06-2019, 01:17 PM
Just putting it out there.. Would anyone of you with the knowledge of VCDS coding be up to meet at a mutual location to carry out some of the tweaks (slab or cash)?

Possibly create a register of what can be done to our cars and select them and then Sticky it?

Not sure what everyone's opinion is...would like to hear what you guys think.

REK
03-06-2019, 02:19 PM
Hi Nick,

I'd be interested in this too. I'd like some basic tweaks and would be willing to pay for someones generosity and time.

MrAskani
04-06-2019, 08:48 AM
It's actually super easy if you're doing it whilst talking to someone online who's done it before...

If you've got the kit, I'll walk through it with you at the same time. I'm in Brisbane tho. Actually I've got a Hex-NET II so as long as it's the same kit, I can walk through it with you. I'm no genius but it's actually quite easy. DreamensioN walked me through it and put up with my stupid questions. Now it's easy as heck.

05pirate
05-06-2019, 08:36 PM
Quick question, and hopefully a simple answer.

I'm using the OBDEleven and have managed to get most of the tweaks I wanted in (Audi mod, R line cluster with bouncy bots, fan speed in auto, high beam memory). Saving the colour mod as a demo.

The last two I'm trying to do are giving me issues - sign recognition and tmc. For sign recognition, trying to set Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2 traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 to active gives me "Function not available". Google tells me that should only happen if the function is not supported by the car, which I think isn't the case - anyone else had this issue before? tmc is in a similar boat, setting the value to 1024 isn't being accepted.

Thanks.

Also, just a general thanks for this thread - it's been very valuable!

Jap
05-06-2019, 10:05 PM
Try resetting the app data on the tablet

which is settings (android NOT obdeleven)
apps
manage apps
scroll down to obdeleven
clear data

youll have to log back in to obdeleven

05pirate
08-06-2019, 11:18 AM
Try resetting the app data on the tablet

which is settings (android NOT obdeleven)
apps
manage apps
scroll down to obdeleven
clear data

youll have to log back in to obdeleven

I never would have thought this was an app issue. I was sure I was doing something wrong. Cleared the data and tried it again and it worked like a charm. Quick drive around and it works pretty well.

Thank you very much!

Roco
23-06-2019, 09:13 AM

Hey mate, do you mind sharing how you did this one.

DreamensioN
23-06-2019, 10:34 AM
Hey mate, do you mind sharing how you did this one.

Yeah I just noticed it's not in the Tiguan thread anymore - but I found it again in the Golf forums.

5F - Information Elec
Long Coding
Byte 23 - set it to 00

Save and might be good to power cycle/reboot the head unit (press and hold down the on/off button until it reboots).

SdvolksArteon
08-11-2019, 08:45 PM
Hey guys, do the your Arteons have the dynamic sweeping rear turn indicators?

DreamensioN
08-11-2019, 10:16 PM
Hey guys, do the your Arteons have the dynamic sweeping rear turn indicators?

Yes. It's like that from the factory for us here in Australia. But we only get the "R Line" version of the Arteon aswell.

SdvolksArteon
08-11-2019, 10:24 PM
Yes. It's like that from the factory for us here in Australia. But we only get the "R Line" version of the Arteon aswell.

I saw the reviews on YouTube, I think Canada is the same way. Anyway I have a set of the Euro Tails with the amber indicators and I need the adaptations to get the signals to be dynamic. Right now they just flash like normal with no fanciness.

This is how they work at the moment.

https://youtu.be/3zFZrrKFxSU

DreamensioN
16-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Ahh I see. Yeah ours do that cascading thing. Let me check my coding and see what I can dig up.

Hillbilly
16-11-2019, 10:55 AM
Maybe the "Pacecar" setting you can do with an OBDELEVEN is what you want. That flashes half of each one alternately when its turrned on and works on highline Golfs as they have two piece turn indicators. Doesnt work on TIgs ans they only have single indicators

Look in the Golf Mk7 on Autoinstructs site

DreamensioN
16-11-2019, 01:49 PM
Ahh I see. Yeah ours do that cascading thing. Let me check my coding and see what I can dig up.

So...I don't know where this is in OBDII, but in VCDS - I think this is what you might want. It's on 09-Cent. Elect.

ENG141649-ENG122212-Außenlicht_Blinker-ABBA_Blinken not active
ENG141649-ENG133379-Außenlicht_Blinker-Abbruch Komfortblinken active
ENG141649-ENG116590-Außenlicht_Blinker-Blinkkontrolleuchte fuer Anhaenger separte
ENG141649-ENG121966-Außenlicht_Blinker-Crash flashing not active
ENG141649-ENG122207-Außenlicht_Blinker-DWA_Alarm_Blinken active
ENG141649-ENG122206-Außenlicht_Blinker-DWA_Schaerfungsquittung active
ENG141649-ENG142194-Außenlicht_Blinker-dynamisch_blinken_10 active
ENG141649-ENG142195-Außenlicht_Blinker-Dynamische_Blink_Delay 50 ms
ENG141649-ENG126819-Außenlicht_Blinker-Emergency_alert_blinken not active
ENG141649-ENG154601-Außenlicht_Blinker-Fahrerassistenz_Blinkenfunktionen Warnblinke_zulaessig
ENG141649-ENG115774-Außenlicht_Blinker-Komfortblinken active
ENG141649-ENG116587-Außenlicht_Blinker-Komfortblinken Blinkzyklen 3
ENG141649-ENG122208-Außenlicht_Blinker-Multi_kollisions_Blinken not active
ENG141649-ENG122209-Außenlicht_Blinker-Notwarn_blinken_NBA_Phase_2 not active
ENG141649-ENG121967-Außenlicht_Blinker-Panic flashing active
ENG141649-ENG154711-Außenlicht_Blinker-PreCrash_RECAS PreCrash_aktiv
ENG141649-ENG122211-Außenlicht_Blinker-Richtungs_blinken_links active
ENG141649-ENG122210-Außenlicht_Blinker-Richtungs_blinken_rechts active
ENG141649-ENG122201-Außenlicht_Blinker-Schluessel_Anlern_Blinken active
ENG141649-ENG121968-Außenlicht_Blinker-Taxi alarm flashing active
ENG141649-ENG126629-Außenlicht_Blinker-Telematikblinken1_STS_Blinken Telematikblinken2_OCU_Blinken active
ENG141649-ENG122202-Außenlicht_Blinker-UGDO_ Anlern_Blinken active
ENG141649-ENG142029-Außenlicht_Blinker-Warnblinken_durch_Fahrerassistenz not active
ENG141649-ENG122214-Außenlicht_Blinker-Warnblinken_Zuendung_AUS active
ENG141649-ENG122213-Außenlicht_Blinker-Warnblinken_Zuendung_EIN active
ENG141649-ENG122204-Außenlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_auf active
ENG141649-ENG122203-Außenlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_zu active

Hillbilly
16-11-2019, 04:43 PM
OBDELEVEN for GOlf 7.5

Alternating Indicator Lights (Pace Car Lights)
For vehicles with LED tail lights, the inner an outer rear indicators will alternate when indicating, or with hazard lights.

Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
(16)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2
Select: Blinken Links Dunkelphase
(18)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert GH 2
Select: yeni değer 0
(19)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2
Select: yeni değer minimize
(16)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3
Select: Blinken Links Dunkelphase
(18)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert GH 3
Select: yeni değer 0
(19)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction GH 3
Select: yeni değer minimize

Sorry dont know how the smilies got there but they should be 8's

SdvolksArteon
24-11-2019, 09:44 AM
So...I don't know where this is in OBDII, but in VCDS - I think this is what you might want. It's on 09-Cent. Elect.

ENG141649-ENG122212-Außenlicht_Blinker-ABBA_Blinken not active
ENG141649-ENG133379-Außenlicht_Blinker-Abbruch Komfortblinken active
ENG141649-ENG116590-Außenlicht_Blinker-Blinkkontrolleuchte fuer Anhaenger separte
ENG141649-ENG121966-Außenlicht_Blinker-Crash flashing not active
ENG141649-ENG122207-Außenlicht_Blinker-DWA_Alarm_Blinken active
ENG141649-ENG122206-Außenlicht_Blinker-DWA_Schaerfungsquittung active
ENG141649-ENG142194-Außenlicht_Blinker-dynamisch_blinken_10 active
ENG141649-ENG142195-Außenlicht_Blinker-Dynamische_Blink_Delay 50 ms
ENG141649-ENG126819-Außenlicht_Blinker-Emergency_alert_blinken not active
ENG141649-ENG154601-Außenlicht_Blinker-Fahrerassistenz_Blinkenfunktionen Warnblinke_zulaessig
ENG141649-ENG115774-Außenlicht_Blinker-Komfortblinken active
ENG141649-ENG116587-Außenlicht_Blinker-Komfortblinken Blinkzyklen 3
ENG141649-ENG122208-Außenlicht_Blinker-Multi_kollisions_Blinken not active
ENG141649-ENG122209-Außenlicht_Blinker-Notwarn_blinken_NBA_Phase_2 not active
ENG141649-ENG121967-Außenlicht_Blinker-Panic flashing active
ENG141649-ENG154711-Außenlicht_Blinker-PreCrash_RECAS PreCrash_aktiv
ENG141649-ENG122211-Außenlicht_Blinker-Richtungs_blinken_links active
ENG141649-ENG122210-Außenlicht_Blinker-Richtungs_blinken_rechts active
ENG141649-ENG122201-Außenlicht_Blinker-Schluessel_Anlern_Blinken active
ENG141649-ENG121968-Außenlicht_Blinker-Taxi alarm flashing active
ENG141649-ENG126629-Außenlicht_Blinker-Telematikblinken1_STS_Blinken Telematikblinken2_OCU_Blinken active
ENG141649-ENG122202-Außenlicht_Blinker-UGDO_ Anlern_Blinken active
ENG141649-ENG142029-Außenlicht_Blinker-Warnblinken_durch_Fahrerassistenz not active
ENG141649-ENG122214-Außenlicht_Blinker-Warnblinken_Zuendung_AUS active
ENG141649-ENG122213-Außenlicht_Blinker-Warnblinken_Zuendung_EIN active
ENG141649-ENG122204-Außenlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_auf active
ENG141649-ENG122203-Außenlicht_Blinker-ZV_Blinken_zu active

These were set to what you have here. I'm thinking its part of the individual tail light lamps.

OUTER TAIL LAMPS (EU) (4 PINS PER UNIT)

MX3 Left Tail Lamp

M4 Left Tail Lamp Bulb (Pin 2)
M6 Left Rear Turn Signal Bulb (Pin 8)
M9 Left Brake Lamp Bulb (Pin 5)
Ground (Pin 3)

MX4 Right Tail Lamp

M2 Right Tail Lamp Bulb (Pin 4)
M8 Right Rear Turn Signal Bulb (Pin 8)
M10 Right Brake Lamp Bulb (Pin 5)
Ground (Pin 3)

INNER TAIL LAMPS (EU) (5 PINS PER UNIT)

MX5 Left Tail Lamp

M16 Left Back-Up Lamp Bulb (Pin 7)
M49 Left Tail Lamp Bulb (Pin 4)
M80 Left Rear Turn Signal Bulb (Pin 8)
L46 Left Rear Fog Lamp Bulb (Pin 6)
Ground (Pin 3)

MX6 Right Tail Lamp

M17 Right Back-Up Lamp Bulb (Pin 8)
M50 Right Tail Lamp Bulb 2 (Pin 6)
M81 Right Rear Turn Signal Bulb 2 (Pin 8)
L47 Right Rear Fog Lamp Bulb (Pin 7)
Ground (Pin 3)

OUTER TAIL LAMPS (NA) (4 PINS PER UNIT)

MX3 Left Tail Lamp

M6 Left Rear Turn Signal Bulb (Pin 8) (Adaptation 28BR 32)
M9 Left Break Lamp Bulb (Pin 5) (Adaptation 20BR 35)
M21 Left Brake/Tail Lamp Bulb (Pin 4) (Adaptation 28BR 32)
Ground (Pin 3)

MX4 Right Tail Lamp

M8 Right Rear Turn Signal Bulb (Pin 8) (Adaptation 27NSL 32)
M10 Right Break Lamp Bulb (Pin 5) (Adaptation 21BR 35)
M22 Right Brake/Tail Lamp Bulb 9 (Pin 4) (Adaptation 27NSL 32)
Ground (Pin 3)

INNER TAIL LAMPS (NA) (3 PINS PER UNIT)

MX5 Left Tail Lamp

M16 Left Back-Up Lamp Bulb (Pin 7) (Adaptation# 29RFL 32)
M4 Left Tail Lamp Bulb (Pin 4) (Adaptation# 16BLK 37)
Ground (Pin 3)

MX6 Right Tail Lamp

M17 Right Back-Up Lamp Bulb (Pin 7) (Adaptation# 29RFL 32)
M2 Right Tail Lamp Bulb 2 (Pin 6) (Adaptation# 17BLK 37)
Ground (Pin 3)

M Diddy
09-01-2020, 06:39 AM
Howdy gents. Another yankee Arteon owner here. Hope you're all doing well in regards to the fires. Truly sad what's happening and wishing you guys the best!

Quick question for you. Do your cars come equipped with DLA from the factory is it something you need to enable? I ask, because here in the states, the Arteon only comes with High Beam Assist. We've tinkered around with VCDS settings we've found mostly on here in the Passat forum, and have a half-assed form of DLA enabled.

I believe that, in order to get a fully working DLA requite a flash to the 4B module with VCP, but, not 100% sure on that. I'd be curious if you do have DLA, what settings you guys have in the following modules: A5 and 4B, and some of your adaptations in 09. We're going buy this post here, in the MQB Tiguan forum. It enables DLA for sure, however, it's not a proper setup as there seems to be some other parameters that are need via the flash. Here's the post I'm referencing:

my journey to activating DLA on a MY17 Tiguan (https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/my-journey-activating-dla-my17-tiguan-128250-post1302599.html#post1302599)

If you guys could shed any light on this, would be a great help! Thanks again for any help!

HiddenTaco
10-01-2020, 11:15 AM
This is a great video specific to the Arteon.

YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCuxraR-72Y)

I don't think there is an option for always on and you have to flick the left stalk forward.

Hillbilly
10-01-2020, 12:30 PM
This is a great video specific to the Arteon.

YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCuxraR-72Y)

I don't think there is an option for always on and you have to flick the left stalk forward.

You just poke the stalk forwards and leave it there Its always on then

M Diddy
10-01-2020, 01:41 PM
You just poke the stalk forwards and leave it there Its always on then

Correct. We in the states have that already. Our cars came equipped with HBA (High beam assist) from the factory. It's similar, but, all that does it turn on the high beams when the road in front is clear, and then turn back to low beams when a light source is detected.

DLA is different in that it keeps the high beams on at all times, and adjusts the beam pattern depending on the light sources in the front of the car. A few of us were able to to configure it on our cars here, however, I believe it's a hacked version and not 100% proper. I'm curious what settings a car that has DLA equipped from the factory has set on a few modules too what's different.

BO11OS
22-01-2020, 11:44 AM
Hi guys ,can anyone help me out with more info re the Audi mod to the Arteon please.

I have seen a few people mention they have done it through the OBDeleven , i have a 2018 R line Arteon , what is the mod what does it do & how is it done through OBDeleven pro please?

cheers Allan

BO11OS
22-01-2020, 01:35 PM
Another question on the OBDeleven pro are you able to use android auto maps on the dash ? i was looking & i have only done basic app changes for now as i am not really confident to long code.

cheers Allan

MrAskani
22-01-2020, 02:13 PM
I do believe Android Auto can only be displayed on the Infotainment unit. It's probably so the phone can't interfere or interact with the actual car systems in any way.

BO11OS
22-01-2020, 03:51 PM
I do believe Android Auto can only be displayed on the Infotainment unit. It's probably so the phone can't interfere or interact with the actual car systems in any way.

Ok thanks mate , spewing would be great if you could.

BaronZuZu
29-01-2020, 12:11 PM
Wow, didn't realise you could mod the car. Anyone in Adelaide done it?

Hillbilly
29-01-2020, 12:27 PM
Wow, didn't realise you could mod the car. Anyone in Adelaide done it?

Done what

SdvolksArteon
23-03-2020, 12:02 AM
Any body here with the Discover Pro with Gesture control share the 5F admaps and long coding? I swapped out the NAR Discover Media with Nav for the Discover Pro. I just to compare what I have with someone who already has this from factory. Thank you

https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/03/fe310c3960163e67fff8cc57a74b985dplist-1.jpg
https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/03/a805bfa67a91539cbb575ca81fc1b177-1.jpg

Sent from my car phone.

DreamensioN
23-03-2020, 11:06 AM
Any body here with the Discover Pro with Gesture control share the 5F admaps and long coding? I swapped out the NAR Discover Media with Nav for the Discover Pro. I just to compare what I have with someone who already has this from factory. Thank you

Sent from my car phone.

Here is a link to my 5F dump:
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. (https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avpl_oeuadlDlvATgxj3kPrNhrMsDg?e=ROogjH)

SdvolksArteon
23-03-2020, 11:29 AM
Here is a link to my 5F dump:
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. (https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avpl_oeuadlDlvATgxj3kPrNhrMsDg?e=ROogjH)

Thank You sir, much appreciated!

SdvolksArteon
24-06-2020, 02:56 AM
Thank You sir, much appreciated!

Retrofit complete with 2020 maps and WiFi on NAR spec Arteon
https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/06/f6c972895e4cf14bd7000e3e366945e5plist-1.jpg
https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/06/16322b37fcd7a8d38e7363500aed4f45plist-1.jpg

Sent from my car phone.

DreamensioN
24-06-2020, 10:22 PM
Retrofit complete with 2020 maps and WiFi on NAR spec Arteon
Sent from my car phone.

Nice!!!!!

SHANEO79
25-06-2020, 01:02 PM
That's made a big difference, well done, looks great!

nermal
23-04-2022, 04:58 PM
Hi guys ,can anyone help me out with more info re the Audi mod to the Arteon please.

I have seen a few people mention they have done it through the OBDeleven , i have a 2018 R line Arteon , what is the mod what does it do & how is it done through OBDeleven pro please?

cheers Allan

Did you end up getting this sorted? Here's a screenshot of my OBDEleven long coding with Audi mod enabled (in case it helps someone out in the future):

Hillbilly
23-04-2022, 06:48 PM
Did you end up getting this sorted? Here's a screenshot of my OBDEleven long coding with Audi mod enabled (in case it helps someone out in the future):

Well that might be the page but which module etc is it in

nermal
23-04-2022, 06:58 PM
Well that might be the page but which module etc is it in

Sorry, it's just under Control Units -> Engine (01) -> Long Coding

nermal
09-05-2022, 05:55 PM
I enabled the Throttle Pedal Response app in OBDEleven (under: Car -> Apps).

There seems to be a decent reduction in accelerator pedal lag/sogginess. I think it may have firmed up the pedal a little too.

Not sure what coding changes it makes - should probably do another full backup and then I can diff the files.

Here's what the app looks like in OBDEleven, with Responsive setting selected:

nermal
09-05-2022, 07:34 PM
I also tried the Folding Mirrors with Ignition app a while ago, but it still seems to be linked to the remote unlock or door open (auto-unlock)

nermal
15-05-2022, 10:00 AM
Enabled "Lighting of Area View" app, which works in reverse when dark (side mirror lights come on to illuminate the area view).

Also changed the Soundaktor volume to 50% - used the app because laziness. I'll probably disable it altogether after getting the stage 1 tune.. seems a bit lame to have a fake engine sound speaker.

So far, I think the throttle pedal response change is my favorite - makes a difference to drivability. Also like the Audi mod and 30 interior light colors (using blue atm).

I did a another full backup before the latest 2 mods and did a diff against my "stock" backup.. some interesting changes - may try to fix the b0rk3d "Folding Mirrors with IGN" mod when I have the time (can see the settings it changed)

Manaz
15-05-2022, 08:00 PM
Also like the Audi mod and 30 interior light colors (using blue atm).

Just be aware that blue lighting inside the car is bad for your night vision. I get it though, blue's the colour I'd naturally go for in a VW. I've gone with red in my Stinger (current car), what would be really cool would be to tie the interior lighting colour to the driving mode of the vehicle (the Stinger uses a light blue for "Smart", green for "Eco", white for "Comfort", Red for "Sport" and Purple for "Custom" - I see the dash change briefly for those, but I'd love the entire interior lighting to echo it. I'd love to see that on the Arteon when I get it - I can dream, right? :) )

nermal
16-05-2022, 04:20 PM
what would be really cool would be to tie the interior lighting colour to the driving mode of the vehicle (the Stinger uses a light blue for "Smart", green for "Eco", white for "Comfort", Red for "Sport" and Purple for "Custom" - I see the dash change briefly for those, but I'd love the entire interior lighting to echo it. I'd love to see that on the Arteon when I get it - I can dream, right? :) )

Yeah, that would be cool. If only we could write/load logical code at that level.

The current theme (R-Line AFAIK) uses blue highlights, so it compliments that nicely. And blue is also a traditional VW branding color. If I wanted to go full OCD, I'd try match the actual color RGB/hex code and brightness to the screen =D

Edit - here's a night photo:

Edit 2: so... my wife just pointed out that I'm a dumbass (in a nicer way). Turns out that the car theme is set to the ambient light color. Here's a photo using her personalized key:

shamooni
27-06-2022, 09:37 PM
HI to all. I am finally a VW owner again and just picked up my 2022 Arteon in Pearl White from the Northern Beach are of Sydney. I remember when i had my Golf R I changed in the VCDS the Auto Stop Start feature, the air recirculating to remain on and the beeping warning sounds just because the car is on and the door open. But I would like to adjust all these settings and I am having no luck. Can someone please help me (if you know 100% certain) that this is possible to acheive for the Arteon? I received an email from Uwe Ross from Rosstech himself saying,
Since roughly MY2019 VW have made it effectively impossible to disable start/stop via diagnostics, because the cars were certified for emmissions and fuel consumptions. As the car is new, I cant promise any of these things can be done, nor is it practical for me to reaseach it without seeing a detailed scan of the car. I cannot help much more than this".

I truly would apprecaite anyone that can help me out. THanks for your time reading my post everyone

petemac110
27-06-2022, 10:05 PM
HI to all. I am finally a VW owner again and just picked up my 2022 Arteon in Pearl White from the Northern Beach are of Sydney. I remember when i had my Golf R I changed in the VCDS the Auto Stop Start feature, the air recirculating to remain on and the beeping warning sounds just because the car is on and the door open. But I would like to adjust all these settings and I am having no luck. Can someone please help me (if you know 100% certain) that this is possible to acheive for the Arteon? I received an email from Uwe Ross from Rosstech himself saying,
Since roughly MY2019 VW have made it effectively impossible to disable start/stop via diagnostics, because the cars were certified for emmissions and fuel consumptions. As the car is new, I cant promise any of these things can be done, nor is it practical for me to reaseach it without seeing a detailed scan of the car. I cannot help much more than this".

I truly would apprecaite anyone that can help me out. THanks for your time reading my post everyone

Uwe's comments ring true with me. I tried coding the start-stop on my brother-in-law's MY19 Golf with no luck, whereas it works perfectly in my MY18 Passat. Disappointingly, my subsequent research suggests that you will be out of luck for the exact reason that Uwe explained :(

Vedi
27-06-2022, 10:14 PM
Can someone please help me (if you know 100% certain) that this is possible to acheive for the Arteon?[/I]

Congrats, welcome back to the pack.

Checking OBDeleven for the new MY22 Arteon range it does not appear disabling this feature is available either.

BO11OS
28-06-2022, 07:28 AM
Anybody do the screen mirror? If yes do the apps work on the screen like on your phone? When I use android auto only some apps are there to see & use, I want to be able to use other apps through the screen.

Lucas_R
28-06-2022, 03:20 PM
Auto Stop Start feature

But I would like to adjust all these settings and I am having no luck. ]

If you have the little plug on the side of the negative terminal on your battery, you should be able to disable the start/stop by unplugging this. Bear in mind, this is considered the crude way of doing it.

Otherwise you could try one of these: Search results: 4 results for "start/stop"
– B2BFAB (https://www.b2bfab.com/search?q=start%2Fstop)
(not sure which one might be suitable for the Arteon though)

shamooni
28-06-2022, 11:22 PM
Thank you very much everyone for trying to help me out. Really appreciate it. My wife has a new Kona NLine Premium and it has no option to have the on or off. It just doesn't turn off at all. Also the air re circulation remains on. We are the owners and drivers of the car and we should decide.
I'm gonna check the battery out and have a friend who is a Wizz at programming. If we succeed this Saturday, I will report back to you all.
Thank you

Manaz
29-06-2022, 07:37 AM
We are the owners and drivers of the car and we should decide.

Unfortunately, legislators decide this. They are constantly pushing car manufacturers to lower emissions and improve fuel economy in tests that don't really emulate real world usage (as much as anything because all they record is the emissions, nothing else about the drive). In order to meet requirements, manufacturers have to implement things like stop-start technology in a way that it must be automatically enabled by default (otherwise they can't count it towards their emissions reduction targets).

Lucas_R
29-06-2022, 09:50 AM
My wife has a new Kona NLine Premium and it has no option to have the on or off. It just doesn't turn off at all.

Give it time - someone will come up with a way to turn it off.

Manaz
29-06-2022, 09:54 AM
It would be interesting to see if it can be functionally disabled by disconnecting a wire on the battery like it can be on some VWs...

shamooni
30-06-2022, 06:09 AM
Once again, truly appreciate comments and support. I'm gonna try and go into adaptions, etc like the R Mk7 I had and will report back to this thread so others may benefit. Thank you

Lucas_R
30-06-2022, 12:18 PM
It would be interesting to see if it can be functionally disabled by disconnecting a wire on the battery like it can be on some VWs...

Non-VW content, but I disabled the start stop feature on my friends 2020 Mazda CX-3 by unplugging the bonnet latch sensor - so there are ways around the technology.

Hillbilly
30-06-2022, 02:20 PM

As has been said on here many times removing that wire does several bad things. The worst one is it stops the car knowing how full the battery is charged and therefore can over charge it.
Part of the reason for that wire is so that the battery doesnt charge above about 80% and so leaves headroom for regenerative braking capacity. Disconnect it if you wish, its your car but you are doing the battery a disservice as well as your wallet cos it will kill the battery sooner

DreamensioN
11-07-2022, 08:47 AM
Not to get offtopic - but just regarding start/stop... I always hated it in the Arteon because when the engine stops, the air-conditioning stops. And having this happen in the middle of a Brisbane summer is the worst thing as the suddenly warm moist humid air starts blowing on your face.

For the past 5 weeks I've had a Volvo V60 loan car with a mild-hybrid "B5" engine (the reason for the loaner is a long story). Anyway the Volvo has a start/stop feature that can't be disabled but I honestly don't even realise it's on. When the car stops, the battery from the mild hybrid system keeps the air-conditioner/heater running. Also when the car restarts it is *instant*. I mean... absolutely instant to get the combustion engine going again. I even took a video of it to show my friends when I was telling them. The Arteon will take what? 0.5-1s to kick over and start going again? That's pretty good and what I would consider normal. The Volvo is like... less than 0.5s It's freaky.

Anyway the point of my post is... start/stop isn't evil or a crap feature. Now that I've been in a car where it has been implemented correctly (where you don't even notice or care that it's on) - I'm all for it.

nermal
11-07-2022, 09:36 AM
Not to get offtopic - but just regarding start/stop... I always hated it in the Arteon because when the engine stops, the air-conditioning stops. And having this happen in the middle of a Brisbane summer is the worst thing as the suddenly warm moist humid air starts blowing on your face.

For the past 5 weeks I've had a Volvo V60 loan car with a mild-hybrid "B5" engine (the reason for the loaner is a long story). Anyway the Volvo has a start/stop feature that can't be disabled but I honestly don't even realise it's on. When the car stops, the battery from the mild hybrid system keeps the air-conditioner/heater running. Also when the car restarts it is *instant*. I mean... absolutely instant to get the combustion engine going again. I even took a video of it to show my friends when I was telling them. The Arteon will take what? 0.5-1s to kick over and start going again? That's pretty good and what I would consider normal. The Volvo is like... less than 0.5s It's freaky.

Anyway the point of my post is... start/stop isn't evil or a crap feature. Now that I've been in a car where it has been implemented correctly (where you don't even notice or care that it's on) - I'm all for it.

Being a mild hybrid, does the electric motor handle the initial take-off before the combustion engine kicks over? That may also make the restart much smoother

Manaz
11-07-2022, 09:56 AM
start/stop isn't evil or a crap feature. Now that I've been in a car where it has been implemented correctly (where you don't even notice or care that it's on) - I'm all for it.

I'm very interested in the long term impacts of start/stop. There's a lot of stress put on a lot of components during starting an engine (it's worse when it's cold, but at least in most circumstances, start/stop avoids repeated cold starts), and I'm not 100% convinced that the long-term reliability concerns have really been resolved.

Before anyone says "manufacturer warranty covers it", does it really? Even if it does fail during the warranty period, as the person who just paid $90k for a vehicle, are you left without any inconvenience during a warranty process. And what of it failing outside of warranty - what's the cost of fixing it, and what does that do to the value/resale of a vehicle? We saw pretty substantial drops in the value of vehicles with early DSG gearboxes when the Mechatronic issues (and others, catastrophic stopping in high-speed traffic causing crashes and death) were prevalent.

DreamensioN
11-07-2022, 11:26 AM
Being a mild hybrid, does the electric motor handle the initial take-off before the combustion engine kicks over? That may also make the restart much smoother

The combustion engine runs 100% of the time (apart from when it turns off when you stop the car). My understanding is that the electric motor assists the combustion engine to "rev up". So the two motors always work together to accelerate the car. Energy is recovered and put back into the battery during braking.

In this regard... light braking only engages the resistance of the electric motor, and more heavy braking engages both the electric motor resistance and the friction brakes. There is a battery icon/animation on the dashboard when energy recovery is happening.

The acceleration of the car is very smooth as I get the initial low-down torque of the electric motor, and as the combustion engine gains RPM's it starts to take more of the load to move the car.

DreamensioN
11-07-2022, 11:31 AM
I even took a video of it to show my friends when I was telling them. The Arteon will take what? 0.5-1s to kick over and start going again? That's pretty good and what I would consider normal. The Volvo is like... less than 0.5s It's freaky.

Here are the videos...

Arteon: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. (https://1drv.ms/v/s!Avpl_oeuadlDmN8g0HA9UlRU_rZjLg)

Volvo: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. (https://1drv.ms/v/s!Avpl_oeuadlDmN8hhYxbrslp4bcoCw)

Hillbilly
11-07-2022, 01:32 PM
I'm very interested in the long term impacts of start/stop. There's a lot of stress put on a lot of components during starting an engine (it's worse when it's cold, but at least in most circumstances, start/stop avoids repeated cold starts), and I'm not 100% convinced that the long-term reliability concerns have really been resolved.

Before anyone says "manufacturer warranty covers it", does it really? Even if it does fail during the warranty period, as the person who just paid $90k for a vehicle, are you left without any inconvenience during a warranty process. And what of it failing outside of warranty - what's the cost of fixing it, and what does that do to the value/resale of a vehicle? We saw pretty substantial drops in the value of vehicles with early DSG gearboxes when the Mechatronic issues (and others, catastrophic stopping in high-speed traffic causing crashes and death) were prevalent.

My Passat TDI survived 10 years of leaving S/S enabled without any problems. The starting system is built to allow for it after all.

SHANEO79
12-07-2022, 04:49 PM
I easily used my OBDEleven to change the wattage amount and the start/stop has been successfully disabled since this so no more manual press of the button required.

I can find what I changed if needed, it's been a couple of years since I did this.

Hillbilly
12-07-2022, 06:13 PM
I easily used my OBDEleven to change the wattage amount and the start/stop has been successfully disabled since this so no more manual press of the button required.

I can find what I changed if needed, it's been a couple of years since I did this.

Hmmm Strange Everyone else changed the VOLTAGE. Since 2020 VW has disabled our ability to disable this function

nermal
13-08-2022, 03:04 PM
I believe I've disabled the nag screen on start up

Go into Control Units -> Multimedia (5F) -> Long Coding -> byte_23_Initial_Disclaimer: off

nermal
13-08-2022, 03:15 PM
Also used Apps to change the "Virtual Cockpit Theme" from GTI (default) to R and the "Virtual Cockpit Style" from Standard (default) to Dotted.

Here's what it looks like:

Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the half steps in the speedo? Seems a bit crowded with all the odd smaller numbers..

petemac110
14-08-2022, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the half steps in the speedo? Seems a bit crowded with all the odd smaller numbers..

It’s definitely doable, but I used Carista to change mine so I’m not sure which theme that equates to on OBDeleven:

https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/08/imagephpdiA78C-1.jpg

nermal
14-08-2022, 02:41 PM
It’s definitely doable, but I used Carista to change mine so I’m not sure which theme that equates to on OBDeleven:

https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/08/imagephpdiA78C-1.jpg

Do you have the "Dotted" style enabled? I think that may have been when it changed...

Maybe I can take a backup and look at the diff 🤔

petemac110
14-08-2022, 03:48 PM
Do you have the "Dotted" style enabled? I think that may have been when it changed...

Maybe I can take a backup and look at the diff 樂

Carista doesn’t appear to have the ‘dotted’ style as an option, but it has eight different themes which include the above layout with and without the half-steps.

nermal
14-08-2022, 04:31 PM
Carista doesn’t appear to have the ‘dotted’ style as an option, but it has eight different themes which include the above layout with and without the half-steps.

Thanks, I'll do some searching around half-steps. Probably in the long coding somewhere that I can flip a bit on.

dairyfloss
15-08-2022, 11:22 AM
Thanks, I'll do some searching around half-steps. Probably in the long coding somewhere that I can flip a bit on.

What you are looking for isn't another view you'll need to add through an OBD11 app or with long coding, it's from playing with the view options for the digital cockpit / instrument cluster within the settings of the car. You are currently on 'Consumption & Range', whereas I think you need to be on 'Speed & Gear'. Access via the view button (the overlapping rectangles!) on the right of the steering wheel.

Cheers,
Matt.

petemac110
15-08-2022, 11:33 AM
What you are looking for isn't another view you'll need to add through an OBD11 app or with long coding, it's from playing with the view options for the digital cockpit / instrument cluster within the settings of the car. You are currently on 'Consumption & Range', whereas I think you need to be on 'Speed & Gear'. Access via the view button (the overlapping rectangles!) on the right of the steering wheel.

Cheers,
Matt.

Matt, I'm pretty sure that you can't remove the "half-steps" from the speedo (i.e. the 10, 30, 50, 70km numbers) via your proposed method - it needs to be done via coding (whether via a one-touch coding arrangement in OBDeleven or Carista) or separate coding.

Nermal's picture shows the "half-steps" and the picture I posted does not.

dairyfloss
15-08-2022, 12:21 PM
Matt, I'm pretty sure that you can't remove the "half-steps" from the speedo (i.e. the 10, 30, 50, 70km numbers) via your proposed method - it needs to be done via coding (whether via a one-touch coding arrangement in OBDeleven or Carista) or separate coding.

Nermal's picture shows the "half-steps" and the picture I posted does not.

You're right - now I'm quite confused, as I was sure I had that there at some point. It's been over a year since I did all my set-ups, but I have the R version of the digital cockpit, with the bouncing dots in the background, without the half-steps, and coded only via apps in OBD11. Here's mine in the two modes mentioned. I thought when I switched to Consumption & Range it would add the half-steps. I guess it's possible I had that from one option and reverted or changed to this view in place:

Might have to find my old 'wish list' that I saved somewhere of the things I was going to apply when I got my OBD11 delivered!

Cheers,
Matt.

petemac110
15-08-2022, 12:57 PM
You're right - now I'm quite confused, as I was sure I had that there at some point. It's been over a year since I did all my set-ups, but I have the R version of the digital cockpit, with the bouncing dots in the background, without the half-steps, and coded only via apps in OBD11. Here's mine in the two modes mentioned. I thought when I switched to Consumption & Range it would add the half-steps. I guess it's possible I had that from one option and reverted or changed to this view in place:

Might have to find my old 'wish list' that I saved somewhere of the things I was going to apply when I got my OBD11 delivered!

Cheers,
Matt.

Yeah, it's bloody hard to keep track of the intricacies of the different themes and options. I should have taken better notes myself!

nermal
15-08-2022, 01:25 PM
Yeah, it's bloody hard to keep track of the intricacies of the different themes and options. I should have taken better notes myself!

Strange... it may possibly be the order that I applied the apps (if there's overlapping settings).. I set the R theme first and then the bouncy dots.

dairyfloss
15-08-2022, 01:39 PM
Strange... it may possibly be the order that I applied the apps (if there's overlapping settings).. I set the R theme first and then the bouncy dots.

Interesting you say that, as I did it the other way around!... I just found the history from the app, and it was 'Virtual Cockpit Style' from Standard to Dotted first... and then 'Virtual Cockpit Theme' from GTI to R, second. Do you have spare credits to undo and reapply? You could also find the adaptation method for these as well, I suppose.

nermal
15-08-2022, 01:52 PM
Interesting you say that, as I did it the other way around!... I just found the history from the app, and it was 'Virtual Cockpit Style' from Standard to Dotted first... and then 'Virtual Cockpit Theme' from GTI to R, second. Do you have spare credits to undo and reapply? You could also find the adaptation method for these as well, I suppose.

Cool, that's probably it then. I'm sure the half steps appeared after I applied the bouncy dots.

I'll try the adaptation route first... as it'll take a bunch of credits to reverse and re-apply. Also, OBDEleven aren't giving out bonus credits anymore.

petemac110
15-08-2022, 01:53 PM

I guess that could possibly be the case, but I can't comment specifically as Carista doesn't include the option for the 'bouncy dots' at all.

Amongst the different themes it offers two distinct 'R'-style themes, with and without the speed 'half-steps'. Is there only one option within OBDeleven for the R-style theme with the half-steps?

dairyfloss
15-08-2022, 02:08 PM
I guess that could possibly be the case, but I can't comment specifically as Carista doesn't include the option for the 'bouncy dots' at all.

Amongst the different themes it offers two distinct 'R'-style themes, with and without the speed 'half-steps'. Is there only one option within OBDeleven for the R-style theme with the half-steps?

In the app, these were the options I have... but I believe there is more in the adaptations:

petemac110
15-08-2022, 02:23 PM
In the app, these were the options I have... but I believe there is more in the adaptations:

Ah, I see. Carista lists eight 'themes' but doesn't name them properly.

dairyfloss
15-08-2022, 02:24 PM
While I'm in the thread... What's the thoughts on whether the 'Audi mod' and other attempts to improve or tweak vehicle performance via VCDS or OBD11 coding would, or could be negatively impacting on the proper tuning of the ECU and TCU?

I now have both APR Stage 1 ECU & APR TCU tuning, and I love the improvements, but I can't help by think they are not operating exactly as intended, if I have other adaptations enabled. I could try some kind of isolation testing by turning them all off and back on again, one at a time, with some driving in between... but maybe someone has already figured this thing out? (he says, with fingers crossed!).

Cheers
Matt.

nermal
15-08-2022, 02:56 PM
While I'm in the thread... What's the thoughts on whether the 'Audi mod' and other attempts to improve or tweak vehicle performance via VCDS or OBD11 coding would, or could be negatively impacting on the proper tuning of the ECU and TCU?

I now have both APR Stage 1 ECU & APR TCU tuning, and I love the improvements, but I can't help by think they are not operating exactly as intended, if I have other adaptations enabled. I could try some kind of isolation testing by turning them all off and back on again, one at a time, with some driving in between... but maybe someone has already figured this thing out? (he says, with fingers crossed!).

Cheers
Matt.

I mentioned the Audi mod and Accelerator responsiveness mod when mine went in for a tune and it didn't seem to phase them at all. My guess would be that the tune overwrites any tune/parameters that these would reference anyway?

Though, I'd also like to hear from someone with more knowledge of the subject than I have.

dairyfloss
15-08-2022, 03:39 PM
Cool, that's probably it then. I'm sure the half steps appeared after I applied the bouncy dots.

I'll try the adaptation route first... as it'll take a bunch of credits to reverse and re-apply. Also, OBDEleven aren't giving out bonus credits anymore.

One other thing you might like to try first; just in case it works out for you. I didn't realise you can resize the dials between large and small, and in the smaller view, that looks to take out the interval speed markings. In the Navigation view, that also means getting a bit more map 'real estate' on the screen. Depends what's important to you I guess! Found a video showing the effect, here (skip to about 1:30 for this part): The difference between TWO 2019 VW Digital Cockpit versions. - YouTube (https://youtu.be/XXxnMnUQt58)

nermal
15-08-2022, 05:51 PM
One other thing you might like to try first; just in case it works out for you. I didn't realise you can resize the dials between large and small, and in the smaller view, that looks to take out the interval speed markings. In the Navigation view, that also means getting a bit more map 'real estate' on the screen. Depends what's important to you I guess! Found a video showing the effect, here (skip to about 1:30 for this part): The difference between TWO 2019 VW Digital Cockpit versions. - YouTube (https://youtu.be/XXxnMnUQt58)

Yeah, that didn't work unfortunately.

Also tried changing the theme to GTI and then back to R, but still has half steps... burnt 20 credits testing that.

I'll do a full backup next time I have ~30+ mins for it to complete and will then diff my last backup to see what the app changes...

Hillbilly
15-08-2022, 06:09 PM
Try this go to 17 dashboard/Adaptation/ display depiction and it gives you 4 options Mine is on the same as dairyfloss's reply 161 top one with dots and no 30.50.70 etc. is no 3 according to my history.

Is in a Tig but will be similar and you dont need credits to change it with a PRO

nermal
15-08-2022, 07:59 PM
Try this go to 17 dashboard/Adaptation/ display depiction and it gives you 4 options Mine is on the same as candyflos's reply 161 top one with dots and no 30.50.70 etc. is no 3 according to my history.

Is in a Tig but will be similar and you dont need credits to change it with a PRO

That was it, thanks!

It was on "Version 4". Setting it to "Version 3" gave the default GTI theme and "Version 2" was the correct setting - R theme without the half steps.

nermal
16-08-2022, 09:27 AM
So... I spoke too soon. It seems that changing it back to Version 2 removed the bouncy dots.

I did a full backup and it seems that (along with a bunch of other adaptations I've added), the "Tube_version" has also changed... That adaptation has 16 options (variant_0 to variant_E)

I'll play around with this next time I'm in the car to see if it has any affect on the bouncy dots.

dairyfloss
16-08-2022, 09:34 AM
So... I spoke too soon. It seems that changing it back to Version 2 removed the bouncy dots.

I did a full backup and it seems that (along with a bunch of other adaptations I've added), the "Tube_version" has also changed... That adaptation has 16 options (variant_0 to variant_E)

I'll play around with this next time I'm in the car to see if it has any affect on the bouncy dots.

I think the Display depiction is the background option, like the bouncy dots, in different views/colours... mine shows that as Version 1, currently. Tube version on mine is set to Variant 3.

nermal
16-08-2022, 10:38 AM
I think the Display depiction is the background option, like the bouncy dots, in different views/colours... mine shows that as Version 1, currently. Tube version on mine is set to Variant 3.

Yeah, they seem to interact.. I tried a bunch of different combinations and could only get the bouncy dots in R-theme with the half-steps.

It may just be a 2018 Arteon thing. Seems @petemac110 has a B8 Passat and @Hillbilly has a Tiguan.

Someone has put together a cool spreadsheet in another forum that lists all the combinations for a Golf Mk7: Golf 7 - Active Info Display theme coding - Google Sheets (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qSFO6heSD-25u7Vb-qOErBEkKQ4_UDQowUR8QTLNIF8)

dairyfloss
16-08-2022, 11:21 AM
Yeah, they seem to interact.. I tried a bunch of different combinations and could only get the bouncy dots in R-theme with the half-steps.

It may just be a 2018 Arteon thing. Seems @petemac110 has a B8 Passat and @Hillbilly has a Tiguan.

Someone has put together a cool spreadsheet in another forum that lists all the combinations for a Golf Mk7: Golf 7 - Active Info Display theme coding - Google Sheets (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qSFO6heSD-25u7Vb-qOErBEkKQ4_UDQowUR8QTLNIF8)

I've got the Arteon MY18 too... launch model.

Hillbilly
17-08-2022, 08:07 AM
Ive got dots but they dont bounce. Why worry its not a entertainment unit.

nermal
17-08-2022, 10:26 AM
Ive got dots but they dont bounce. Why worry its not a entertainment unit.

Yeah, I've pretty much settled on having the half-steps. Just my engineering brain going into obsessive problem-solving mode.

BTW - it looks like my software is a couple of versions behind, so maybe it'll fix itself with the next update.

nermal
09-11-2022, 08:39 AM
My wife's MY22 Tiguan has a little average fuel consumption arrow on the digital tachometer (see below).. is it possible to enable that in a MY18 Arteon?

neveo71
09-04-2023, 02:18 AM
Audi Mod
Love the difference it makes...I thought initially it was not such a dramatic improvement until reverted back to standard values for a few days. So worth the small outlay for the ODBEleven (https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/obdeleven-audi-volkswagen-skoda-diagnostic-system/)

Get on board!

Was that the change to audi, if so can you share how you did it in obdeleven

Thanks

neveo71
09-04-2023, 02:39 AM
Can you tell me how to do the audi setting I don't really understand how to change long coding as I don't understand the layout. Ie is the top line the byte but then under it it says byte ect

neveo71
09-04-2023, 09:38 PM
Had just activated traffic sign recognition... doesn't work as well as expected in Melbourne metro I.e. road sign detection only mode ignores map data so it holds the 80kmph when turning to a 50kmph side street. Is there any way around to get the system to fall back on map data?

Do you remember the coding trying to do it on my22 with no luck.

david86
28-04-2023, 06:58 PM
Do you remember the coding trying to do it on my22 with no luck.

No sorry, was so long ago and I deactivated it a few days after posting

Hillbilly
28-04-2023, 07:07 PM
Can you tell me how to do the audi setting I don't really understand how to change long coding as I don't understand the layout. Ie is the top line the byte but then under it it says byte ect

Top row is BYTES columns are BITS