PDA

View Full Version : High pressure cleaning

OvaltoJetta
27-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Phew ... hubby took the Jetta to work last night and there was a disaster. The basement carpark was flooded and he couldn't bring the car home this morning. He said the water was lapping at the VW emblem on the mags. He was also concerned that the water had got into the car. But back at work tonight confirmed that the seals had done their job - as they should. We also had concerns about water getting into the exhaust and any other nasties. But the car started OK. Now we want to give it a good spray underneath because of all the potential contaminants in the water.
But what of these high pressure car washes. For the normal car I wouldn't want to use those brushes, as they have most likely been used by 4WD's and the recycleable water also concerns me as those same 4WD's that have been on the beach and in salt water, hence the water may have salt in it. But I suppose any spray is a good spray, so we'll probably take it to a car wash tomorrow.
Should I be concerned taking it to one of the high pressure car washes?

neil
28-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi Jan.
Hubby get any pic's of water lapping.
Good to know the seals work fine.

OvaltoJetta
04-02-2008, 01:17 AM
No one could get a cam until the water subsided a bit and then couldn't get close enough due to the "live" power being under water, but the high water mark was at 30cm. By the way, we rang the dealer and they did the under body clean for FREE that day while we waited.

DubSteve
04-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Doesn't look like it was in any trouble if VW say its cool then you got nothing to worry about :)

balkanac
04-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Which building did this happen in?

OvaltoJetta
05-02-2008, 12:43 AM
HBF Murray St in the City ......and no we're not with them