PDA

View Full Version : Can the Arteon fit 3 child seats?

HiddenTaco
23-04-2018, 07:36 PM
Are you wondering if your 3 kids can turn every aspect of your life up side down?

Yes, they can.

Notes:

Make sure the base of the outer 2 are no bigger than 42-44cm and take care to note the upper "wings" width.
The middle is a booster. Buy a seat belt extension to make your life easier.
Goto a shop that will let you try all 3.
I doubt 2x ISO fit seats will fit with a middle.. Unless they are the type with straps.
These are the shop demo stock. I bought them in the same matching colours, I'm not a heathen.

Went to VW to buy a Tigaun and walked out with an Arteon because it is wider.

Eaglehawk
24-04-2018, 12:41 PM
I tried this too at the dealer when shopping last month. The wife's chosen seat of choice didn't fit with the "wings" extended to the full height :(

Do you have the models of seats you used to test? I might have hope yet...

HiddenTaco
24-04-2018, 02:10 PM
I tried this too at the dealer when shopping last month. The wife's chosen seat of choice didn't fit with the "wings" extended to the full height :(

Do you have the models of seats you used to test? I might have hope yet...

Outside are the Babylove Ezy Switch
Booster is Infa Secure Vario II

They are cheaper than I would normally spend on a car seat but the "better" ones are way bigger.

Good luck with the purchase

DR074
24-04-2018, 04:54 PM
Just a suggestion, sell your least favourite child. The money you get from the sale, can go towards the car. Problem solved!

DreamensioN
25-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Just a suggestion, sell your least favourite child. The money you get from the sale, can go towards the car. Problem solved!

Angelina Jolie isn't buying anymore though :(

I got the Recaro baby racing seats in the back of mine - there's no way I'd get a 3rd seat in the middle.

Blackpaladin67
26-04-2018, 12:38 PM
How the access space behind the driver and passenger seat to access the kids on entry and exit dare say it would be excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiddenTaco
11-05-2018, 07:57 AM
How the access space behind the driver and passenger seat to access the kids on entry and exit dare say it would be excellent

That is with the outer seats in recline position.

One important note: The Autobarn seatbelt extender didn't work. I have ordered one online from a reputable supplier (not ebay) and will report back.

HiddenTaco
06-11-2018, 12:47 PM
Just an update after months of using this car and having 3 kids.

It is fitting in with the (lack of) life-style perfectly.

The seat belt extender is this one: DMAX200 - Seatbelt King Seatbelt King (http://www.seatbeltking.com.au/product/dmax200/)

Jimi
06-11-2018, 02:35 PM
How much wider was the Arteon compared to the Tiguan?

HiddenTaco
06-11-2018, 03:10 PM
I didn't measure but it was considerable enough not to fit 3 seats.