PDA

View Full Version : Car forgets settings

Blackpaladin67
12-04-2018, 10:19 AM
Hi all, I don't know if this just an issue with Arteon's, however I doubt it. My car seems to forget settings for numerous things e.g ACC distance setting or comfort entry setting, about twice a month ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rooboy
12-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Hi all, I don't know if this just an issue with Arteon's, however I doubt it. My car seems to forget settings for numerous things e.g ACC distance setting or comfort entry setting, about twice a month ???

I've had a similar issue with the comfort entry setting but that usually happens when the car decides there is insufficient power for the setting. You can check via OBD11 in the module errors if that's the case.

Blackpaladin67
12-04-2018, 12:21 PM
I've had a similar issue with the comfort entry setting but that usually happens when the car decides there is insufficient power for the setting. You can check via OBD11 in the module errors if that's the case.

Never thought of that. excellent observation

Wynnston
19-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Never thought of that. excellent observation

Are you alternating between your keys by any chance? Each key will store personalised settings.

There is also an ACC option that you set in the menu to "Remember last setting" or Set to "Close, Medium, Far" for when you set off. If you leave it in the latter setting then it will never remember.

Blackpaladin67
20-04-2018, 06:06 AM
Are you alternating between your keys by any chance? Each key will store personalised settings.

There is also an ACC option that you set in the menu to "Remember last setting" or Set to "Close, Medium, Far" for when you set off. If you leave it in the latter setting then it will never remember.

Only using one key. Acc set to last setting