PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Polo

tasguy81
25-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Hi all, can anyone tell me if the new Polo has DAB+ digital radio?

Also the coloured trim dash seen in the UK models is it correct that so far that isn’t an option here in oz in either of the 3 models available today? Am I better waiting for the beats if I’m keen on that? Anyone know what other extras the beats might have?

Thanks all!

DuaneDibbley
25-03-2018, 09:31 AM
No dab on the Aus cars. As an option or as standard unfortunately.

DrWHO
25-03-2018, 11:23 AM
Hi all, can anyone tell me if the new Polo has DAB+ digital radio?

Also the coloured trim dash seen in the UK models is it correct that so far that isn’t an option here in oz in either of the 3 models available today? Am I better waiting for the beats if I’m keen on that? Anyone know what other extras the beats might have?

Thanks all!

No DAB+ for Oz.
Coloured trim for the dash and the trim on the doors will be a "Beats" configuration. Don't know if it will be available from August 2018 or it will come later.

vw_alex
25-03-2018, 02:30 PM
no DAB in 2018, even as an option? wow. that is a joke.

Sydneykid
26-03-2018, 09:22 AM
no DAB in 2018, even as an option? wow. that is a joke.
Not missing much, from poor reception (no signal in pretty much every tunnel in Sydney) to excessive compression by the radio stations which means it often sounds noticeably worse than FM. Add that to the greatly shorter range and lack of DAB stations outside the inner metropolitan area and it's next to useless. For example I used to get signal loss around Campbelltown on the M4, Blacktown on the M5 and Hornsby on the M1.

Cheers
Gary