PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Adaptors

ibeezer
21-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Has anyone used wheel adaptors to convert 4 stud hubs to 5 stud. Do they simply bolt on the existing hub? Or is it just better/cheaper to re-drill the wheel to fit? All the wheels i fancy are 5 studders an its pi##ing me off!

alex g
21-06-2006, 06:37 PM
h&r make some tuv approved stub adapters i run them on my old car to fit porsche wheelsthey bolt onto the hub and the wheels bolt to them. there are several other copanies that make them just keep in mind the final et you are looking for, as most adpter will be 25mm thick

golfie_boy
18-08-2006, 02:22 AM
well depend on the wheel u want to put on wat the offset is and the j size i had 2 of my cars drilled 5/100 if u use an orignal audi or vw wheel the wheel generally clears for the centre bores are the same but depends on the wheel all 5/100 vw audi wheels centre bores and the same i had a 17`/7,5j audi tt wheel on my mk1
another option is if the pcd of the wheel is covered u can get the holes closed and redrilled 4/100
we used to do that in south africa my friend owns a wheel shop i put a ford fiesta st150 wheel on a mk1 i owned

golfvr6
18-08-2006, 08:32 AM
you can get wheel adaptors but they are technically illegal here in NSW

aliasmk2
19-08-2006, 01:51 PM
i think the easiest & cheapest way is to buy new hubs & have them redrilled to suit
you bolt the new 4 hole hub to the 5 stud wheel in 1 hole as one hole will line up,
that shall act as a piolet guid to drill through the existing bolt hole in the wheel & then staight through the hub to make another 4 holes in the wheel

then fit new rear discs that are a 5 stud fit