PDA

View Full Version : New tsi b8...confused about basic.

saint70
08-03-2018, 07:20 PM
I am looking for new passat and went to dealer to look for possible options.
I was offered nice passat r which I liked but problem arise when I need more info.

I asked seller basic questions and he was unable to answer any of my questions [emoji848] without calling help.

1) is tsi has timing belt or chain?

Seller will get that information from service department - belt. Then got information from papers - not replaceable timing belt (for life). Who is right? I still do not know.

2) is dsg required oil change? Even for it, seller was asking service department [emoji848]
I know, no need because is dry 7 speed. But seller comes with story that they need to change something inside ( I wonder how since transmission box sealed for life)

Considering answer for previous question I come to conclusions - new passat do not have major service?!

Am I wrong? Or i just dealt with stupid seller?

Anyone who can point to right direction. I will check with another dealer anyway.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Pete the Pomme
08-03-2018, 07:29 PM
Sounds like you went to Sydney City Volkswagen in Botany, they didn't tell me about half the features in my RLine, nevermind anything mechanical. Maybe it's a VW sales technique! Haha

Sorry, can't help with answers to your questions

saint70
08-03-2018, 07:31 PM
No, I am located in Victoria [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

zzc2010
08-03-2018, 07:59 PM
1 chain

2 no oil needed for dry DSG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pass2093
11-03-2018, 08:22 PM
I also find dealer staff uninformed. I’ve been looking to secure a 132 wagon for a couple of weeks now. I was told today that they have build one an may take up to 6 months????

Umai Naa!!
11-03-2018, 08:25 PM
Depends what you want with regards to specifc options.

Best case, they already have one in the country, worst case it'll be built to order - hence the 6 month wait. The compromise would be finding one that's close to what you want.

Pass2093
16-03-2018, 07:12 PM
Finally I found a dealer with helpful staff that know what they are talking about. They found two cars for me coming in on the boat due in late April for May delivery. Another dealer I went to wanted a deposit from me before they’d offer to look into what’s coming in.

zzc2010
16-03-2018, 10:18 PM
Finally I found a dealer with helpful staff that know what they are talking about. They found two cars for me coming in on the boat due in late April for May delivery. Another dealer I went to wanted a deposit from me before they’d offer to look into what’s coming in.

It's sales strategies man.

"No Bull****"

ope126
30-03-2018, 05:10 PM
saint70, did you end up purchasing a B8 Passat?

saint70
30-03-2018, 05:52 PM
saint70, did you end up purchasing a B8 Passat?Not yet, tossing between tdi and tsi. Tsi do not have major service (save lot money on timing belt and dsg oil) on other side tdi highline looks much better (full). Again, tsi r edition will be out of my budget. So hard to decide...

Umai Naa!!
30-03-2018, 06:27 PM
TSI will still need a set of spark plugs at 60K, which will make you you wince when you hear the price of them.