PDA

View Full Version : Custom POI new 9.2" Discover Pro

kaiserky
03-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Hi all

Has anyone had any luck loading custom POIs on the 9.2" Discover Pro? I followed the instructions here:

MIB II - Custom POI's / Speed Cameras etc (http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?27941-MIB-II-Custom-POI-s-Speed-Cameras-etc)

but no luck unfortunately. Works fine on my wife's Golf which has the 6.5" display.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ky

mickofoz
04-03-2018, 01:59 PM
Inside your ZIP file is a folder called "PersonalPOI"
Inside this folder is another folder called "MIB2HIGH"
Extract the contents of this folder onto your SD card and it should work.

kaiserky
04-03-2018, 04:13 PM

Brilliant that worked perfectly thanks for that.

Ky

ArdiL
07-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Just wondering if it will work on the Discover media unit ?

mickofoz
07-03-2018, 10:24 PM
Not sure but there are other folders in the zip file presumably for non pro models.

hip2b2
05-12-2018, 02:12 AM

I realize it has been years since you posted this, AND I am in Canada not Australia, AND I am not even sure what VW Infotainment system I have (my manual is unclear and I am even left uncertain as to which map system is supplied).

But what zip file are you writing of? Is this perhaps a file on the SD card that the map are on? I am really at a loss. There is a option to update maps and personal POI's but no information on formatting the data file. As an aside it took several days before I could generate the proper structure for vcf files for destination imports.

Appreciate any guidance you can offer.

hip

Delft Maloo
06-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Have a look here, click on the link for map updates and select you car and stereo version.

Arteon Map Updates (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f248/arteon-map-updates-123847.html)

I realize it has been years since you posted this, AND I am in Canada not Australia, AND I am not even sure what VW Infotainment system I have (my manual is unclear and I am even left uncertain as to which map system is supplied).

But what zip file are you writing of? Is this perhaps a file on the SD card that the map are on? I am really at a loss. There is a option to update maps and personal POI's but no information on formatting the data file. As an aside it took several days before I could generate the proper structure for vcf files for destination imports.

Appreciate any guidance you can offer.

hip

hip2b2
06-12-2018, 12:48 PM
Have a look here, click on the link for map updates and select you car and stereo version.

Arteon Map Updates (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f248/arteon-map-updates-123847.html)

Thanks for the info, but not quite what I'm looking for. One of the menu options is to add home rolled personal POI's. I have no idea of how to format the POI file, so I can't get any further. Just as an aside there seem to be some differences in the menu structure of the infotainment systems, (yours are better) so I'm not even sure that if you had specific information for me it would apply to the Canadian system, but neither am I sure it would not.

I continue to hunt for the Snark

Thanks again.

rave75
07-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Is there any updated POI database recently? Mine is still from 2016