PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Sign Camera?

bunglebp
19-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Hi all,

Sorry i have another question - I have a 2017 Passat 206 TSI with adaptive cruise & Lane assist & Park assist but i want to know whether I have the camera to enable traffic sign recognition and traffic jam assist, how can i tell if can do that?

:)

mythik
19-02-2018, 02:41 PM
There's a thread about it here: Traffic Jam Assist activation service - Sydney (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f24/traffic-jam-assist-activation-service-sydney-120895.html)

Wynnston
23-02-2018, 09:23 PM
You can get it but
- Australian road signage is crap, don't expect it to work that well
- Australian Nav data does not have enough data to feed the "Road Sign Fusion" so you'll get a bing and a warning about 1 minute after you start the car, telling you that road sign recognition has bombed out (it hasn't, it just isn't happy that the fusion data isnt there).

Skoda729
07-05-2018, 10:04 AM
I was able to get this working, but I agree it is no good, as the speed limits included in the maps in Melbourne are okay. They even change to 40 in school zones for the correct times in some places, but using road sign detection you loose these.
I really just want the speed on the dash, the road sign detection does this, but ignores the ones from the maps.
Is there anyway to get the speed limit from maps onto the dash?

Just_Westy
07-05-2018, 05:13 PM
I was able to get this working, but I agree it is no good, as the speed limits included in the maps in Melbourne are okay. They even change to 40 in school zones for the correct times in some places, but using road sign detection you loose these.
I really just want the speed on the dash, the road sign detection does this, but ignores the ones from the maps.
Is there anyway to get the speed limit from maps onto the dash?

I've been trying all day to get road sign detection sorted but still have an error, could you please post the steps or a link to instructions. I'm using OBDeleven and instructions for the Tig's. cheers

Skoda729
07-05-2018, 05:26 PM
I do get the error message on startup.
I used this post Link
(http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f235/traffic-sign-assist-activation-121497-post1251757.html#post1251757)

Just_Westy
07-05-2018, 05:51 PM
I do get the error message on startup.
I used this post Link
(http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f235/traffic-sign-assist-activation-121497-post1251757.html#post1251757)
Thanks thats the way I did it except for this ... 6.Select Coding, and then select Byte 24, activate Bit 6 I don't get the select Byte from the long coding menu.

Just_Westy
07-05-2018, 10:22 PM
Copied from Hoola - http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/guide-enable-eu-specific-features-au-spec-tiguans-117741-post1226308.html#post1226308

Summary of OBDEleven steps as follows. I compiled it from changes made by peanut, NZ_GolfR, and others on this forum so none of this is original. I tested most of these functions while out driving yesterday and today. Note I have a 132TSi with DAP and Luxury Pack, not a fully spec 162TSi with R-Line so I am missing Discovery Pro, LED lights, progressive steering and the fancy suspension settings. Your mileage may vary depending on what is fitted.

TMC Traffic

Go into Module 5F - Information Control Unit
Select Adaptations, select "Fee-based traffic information (TMC)
Set value from 65535 to 1024
Make sure you enable traffic information in the radio, and set RDS region to automatic.
Wait for about half an hour and it will receive all the traffic messages. You can confirm that TMC is working looking at the information display where it will display the TMC logo.

Enable/Disable Daytime Running Lights in Discovery Head Unit

Go ​into Module 09 Central Electronics
Select Adaptations, then Aussenlicht Front
SelectTagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich
Set value to Active. The default is "not active"
Click on accept, and enter 31347 as the security code.
From the Discovery head unit, select Car, then Setup
Select Light, and you should see Daytime Running Light as an option

Note, with this change, you turn on the DRL from the Discovery Media, not from the light switch. The light switch can be set to 0 and the DRL will still be controlled from the head unit.

Adaptive Lane Guidance

Go into Module A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
Select Coding, and change Point of Intervention to Early (Setting Via Menu)
Click on "Accept", and use 20103 as the security access code.
This enables Adaptive Lane Guidance as a menu option under Driver Assistance - Lane Assist.

I have tested the difference between lane assist and ALG. LA bounces between the lane markings whereas ALG will more or less keep it in the centre. If you start drifting it will nudge it back. This works only above 65 kph. The AID will show when it is working. It works quite well with ACC.

Automatic Window Closing in Rain

Go into Module 09 Central Electronics
Go into Security, use 3134 as the security code.
Select Adaptations, and then ZV Komfort
Select Regenschliessen_ain_aus, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
Then select Regenschliessen_art, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
Finally select Menusteuerung Regenschliessen, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
This enables Automatic closing in rain as a menu option under Window Operation

I have yet to really try if this works or if it is just the menu as I have not been driving in the rain with the windows opened.

Enable Refuel Quantity as Driving Data Option in AID

Go into Module 17 Instruments
Coding, select Byte 10 and activate Bit 4.
The default is 5 litres. Pretty sure this can be changed via coding but I did not bother.

Enable Fan Speed Indication for Airconditioning when in AUTO mode

Go into Module 8 Auto HVAC
Coding, select Byte 11 and activate Bit 6.
This turns the lights on to indicate fan speed

Enable Dynamic Road Sign Display

Go into Module 5F Information Electronics
Select Adaptations, then Vehicle_Functions_List_BAP_Gen2
Select menu_display_road_sign_identification_0x21, and set to Enabled
Select Adaptions, Vehicle_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu
Select menu_display_road_sign_identification, set to Enabled
Select Coding, and then select Byte 24, activate Bit 6
Go into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
Select Coding, and then select Byte 16, activate Bit 4
Go into Module 17 Instruments
Select Coding, then Byte 5, active bit 2
Go back into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
Select Adaptations, then Road sign detection fusion mode, and change to Road Sign Detection. The original is Road Sign Fusion
Reboot the infotainment unit

The warning will pop up with an audio ding about one to two minutes after you start driving. This warning cannot be removed nor the alarm silenced, but the road sign function works including detecting temporary speed restrictions from road works. It will remove the speed limit display from the navigation map, and replace it with the speed limits that it detected. The detected road signs show up on the AID as well.

I suspect the warning has something to do with the road sign recognition function being programmed to recognise road signs complying with the EU regulations, and if the car is coded for any other regions it will display the warning stating that the functionality is restricted. In any case apart from the warning it works better than the navigation limits, since the Volkswagen Australian maps are at least 3 years out of date in some places and my estate shows up as offroad driving even though I have been in the current place for 3 yearss.

Mods that Do Not Work

Light Assist. I cannot get it to work on 132TSi with DAP/Luxury. Function most likely requires a separate headlight assembly. The xenon lights show up as BASIC, and there are quite a few other options that can be selected if the car is installed with it. The Highlines may be different.

Still Trying to Figure Out

Sunroof comfort closing. The 132TSi with sunroof does not have sunroof as an available adaptation parent channel in the central electronics. VW might have removed this due to safety reasons.

Skoda729
08-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Thanks thats the way I did it except for this ... 6.Select Coding, and then select Byte 24, activate Bit 6 I don't get the select Byte from the long coding menu.

Long coding
Then little button in top right (think it is second too left), will change screen.
Then in top left hit Byte, type in 24 then select Bit.

Jondalar
08-05-2018, 12:31 PM
I tried to get this working and gave up when the sub menu's in my car didn't match the instructions. Same for Auto window closing in rain. I did get TMC and removal of the nag screen to work.

Just_Westy
08-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Long coding
Then little button in top right (think it is second too left), will change screen.
Then in top left hit Byte, type in 24 then select Bit.

I got that thanks mate, actually I just forgot how to access the coding section at the time then realised later my mistake.

I tried to get this working and gave up when the sub menu's in my car didn't match the instructions. Same for Auto window closing in rain. I did get TMC and removal of the nag screen to work.

I got it to work fine following the instructions one of the sub menus isn't exact from memory is says traffic instead of road but it works with no error on startup anymore. The only thing I got is the restricted message whilst driving twice but given I havnt driven it a lot with it enabled not sure how often that happens. The speed limit is displayed along the top so it correctly recognises our signs.

Just_Westy
10-05-2018, 09:32 AM
After driving for a few days with TSR on the messages have stopped and it works brilliantly.

Jondalar
10-05-2018, 01:32 PM
Good to hear Just_Westy, am I correct in assuming that when this is enabled it over rides the speed limits built into the GPS map?

Just_Westy
10-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Good to hear Just_Westy, am I correct in assuming that when this is enabled it over rides the speed limits built into the GPS map?

Not sure will check that out later I dont use the GPS unless I need it, it just puts a pic of the current speed limit next up above the gauges.

Jap
10-05-2018, 09:47 PM
I think it uses GPS until it sees a sign which is different from the GPS

Jondalar
11-05-2018, 08:05 AM
I made some changes this morning but now the car says ACC disabled. How do you reboot the infotainment?

Wynnston
11-05-2018, 08:17 AM
I made some changes this morning but now the car says ACC disabled. How do you reboot the infotainment?

Press and hold the power button for ~ 20 seconds

But if it says ACC not available then you've possibly coded something wrong on your A5 FRT Sensor.

Jondalar
11-05-2018, 09:48 AM
Press and hold the power button for ~ 20 seconds

But if it says ACC not available then you've possibly coded something wrong on your A5 FRT Sensor.

Thanks, rebooting infotainment didn't fix it. I found that in the latest version OBDEleven under ACC there is a "Traffic sign recognition" active / not active, turning this on was what disabled ACC, probably needs something else activated as well. I did manage to code the not slowing when car in lane to right on ACC, window closing on rain and fan speed on auto showing on the climate control. Will have to try more later.

Cheers,
Karl

Jondalar
14-05-2018, 11:14 AM
Tried to enable the traffic sign recognition over the weekend using the instructions above but after 2 below there is no "Vehicle Functions", there is a Vehicle Settings but it has nothing about road signs. THere is stuff about road signs under ACC but when I turned on it disabled ACC. Similar when I tried to enable HBA, the Adaptation was there but then there is stuff about coding which just doesn't show for me. Using OBDEleven.

Enable Dynamic Road Sign Display

Go into Module 5F Information Electronics
Select Adaptations, then Vehicle_Functions_List_BAP_Gen2

Just_Westy
14-05-2018, 11:50 AM
At the top of the OBDeleven app screen is a small button you touch to access the coding. I'll check the vehicle functions list bap when I get home tonight.

Jondalar
14-05-2018, 11:57 AM
yeah I'd read that but no button there for me... It's there when I go to "long coding" but that's not the instructions

kaiserky
14-05-2018, 04:52 PM
I think it uses GPS until it sees a sign which is different from the GPS

On mine it is blank until I pass a sign. Other than that it works quite well, if you disregard the obvious (on ramps and the like)

Ky