PDA

View Full Version : New comfortline wagon questions

Sedgie
16-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Hey all, just picked up our new 132tsi comfortline this afternoon and a nice 300km drive home to run her in a little. Very impressed with the car, a real pleasure to drive. 6.4lph on thr highwya run home. I had a couple of questions

1. Can throw boot floor be lowered in this model? It looks like the tracks are there, but there are 2 plastic clips stopping the bottom track from being used. I removed them, but it still seemed like the floor didn't want to go down. Either through ply too thick, or maybe it requires a space saver spare? I was just interested for more room on the big trips

2. Programming each key to different seat positions for myself and the wife. I can't seem to get this to work quite properly. Throw memory buttons are fine, but I'd really like it to each key. Also, through memory buttons don't seem to put the seat quite all the way back down. It's close, but if u manually go down and back after I hold it, there's a bit more travel to be had. Being 6'4" , I'd prefer it to stay right down.

Thanks

Hillbilly
16-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Hey all, just picked up our new 132tsi comfortline this afternoon and a nice 300km drive home to run her in a little. Very impressed with the car, a real pleasure to drive. 6.4lph on thr highwya run home. I had a couple of questions

1. Can throw boot floor be lowered in this model? It looks like the tracks are there, but there are 2 plastic clips stopping the bottom track from being used. I removed them, but it still seemed like the floor didn't want to go down. Either through ply too thick, or maybe it requires a space saver spare? I was just interested for more room on the big trips

2. Programming each key to different seat positions for myself and the wife. I can't seem to get this to work quite properly. Throw memory buttons are fine, but I'd really like it to each key. Also, through memory buttons don't seem to put the seat quite all the way back down. It's close, but if u manually go down and back after I hold it, there's a bit more travel to be had. Being 6'4" , I'd prefer it to stay right down.

Thanks Should tell you in the manual the exact way to do the seats Is a bit techy but read it a couple of times

WHat do you mean "Throw " memory buttons

Sedgie
17-02-2018, 06:34 AM
*the memory buttons sorry.

Rocket36
19-02-2018, 09:42 AM
The memory seats don't actually remember the setting of all the way down or all the way up. There is always a very small amount of travel left. I have this same issue. I imagine it's a safety/tolerance thing so the memory position doesn't end up burning out the motor.

The floor can't be lowered as VW (thankfully) provide a full sized spare in Australia. It's too big to have the boot floor all the way down.

Sedgie
21-02-2018, 02:09 PM
The memory seats don't actually remember the setting of all the way down or all the way up. There is always a very small amount of travel left. I have this same issue. I imagine it's a safety/tolerance thing so the memory position doesn't end up burning out the motor.

The floor can't be lowered as VW (thankfully) provide a full sized spare in Australia. It's too big to have the boot floor all the way down.

Thanks For your reply, that answers both of my questions. i'd definitely choose the full size spare over that small amount of boot space (the wagon boot is pretty epic the way it is!)

The car now has about 800km on it and it's absolutely beautiful to drive.

i just went for a 'spirited' drive around earlier, playing around in manual mode, short shifting and using that nice torque to push me along effortlessly. it was only at city speeds up to around 80kmhr. When i got home, i noticed a distinct 'burning' smell when i parked in the garage. Pretty sure it was clutch/dsg and not the brakes as i didn't really get on the brakes at all. Is this normal in a brand new one as the clutches bed in? There was no slippage, i wouldn't have taken it over 4500rpm at any stage.

The wife just went for another drive and it all seems fine. Just a little surprised that such a short spin would have the clutch that hot?

also checked the engine oil at 1000km and it doesn't seem to have burned any thankfully, i've heard that can be an issue with the 132tsi.

cheers.

Rocket36
21-02-2018, 03:23 PM
The burning smell will be everything bedding in, carboning up etc. Don't worry about it too much. Surfaces that get hot which have oils on them to protect them will be burning off etc. Should be gone by 1500km.

Hillbilly
21-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Its clutches as it has 2 What does 4500rpm sound like Never had mine over 3000 as no need to and certaily wouldnt in first 3000 anyway

Sedgie
21-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Its clutches as it has 2 What does 4500rpm sound like Never had mine over 3000 as no need to and certaily wouldnt in first 3000 anyway

It sounds fine haha. Agree it doesn't need to as the low down torque is fantastic. It shouldn't be a problem for it though and certainly shouldn't hurt it.

Sedgie
21-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Perfect cheers for that. 4500rpm certainly isn't thrashing it geesh.