PDA

View Full Version : No moblile tracking to find my car

Blackpaladin67
12-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Why is it that cars costing half as much can lead you to you car and tell you were you parked it and my VW cannot. Am i missing something?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

zzc2010
12-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Why is it that cars costing half as much can lead you to you car and tell you were you parked it and my VW cannot. Am i missing something?

Buy an Audi then.

No VW connected to the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackpaladin67
12-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Buy an Audi then.

No VW connected to the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMy wifees mazda 3 does it. Lol

zzc2010
12-01-2018, 07:25 PM
My wifees mazda 3 does it. Lol

Mazda is a better manufacturer then.

You phone could recall where you parked when the Bluetooth was disconnected.

Blackpaladin67
12-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Mazda is a better manufacturer then.

You phone could recall where you parked when the Bluetooth was disconnected.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThere must be an app 4 that. A possible soloution thanks zxc2010. I shall investigate.

zzc2010
12-01-2018, 10:21 PM
There must be an app 4 that. A possible soloution thanks zxc2010. I shall investigate.

My iPhone does it without any apps.

Cheers

Wynnston
13-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Every part of the VW CarNET system is installed in your car, bar the sim card. Even then, it can use a wireless access point.

I have a feeling that VW disabled it in Australia because at the time, it was a very premium feature and it was one of a few features that set the new A4 apart (all be it that they charged extra for the feature).

VW are very slow to react to technological changes in AU, I doubt we will see it as an update in any of our cars, despite having everything for it to work.

Blackpaladin67
13-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Every part of the VW CarNET system is installed in your car, bar the sim card. Even then, it can use a wireless access point.

I have a feeling that VW disabled it in Australia because at the time, it was a very premium feature and it was one of a few features that set the new A4 apart (all be it that they charged extra for the feature).

VW are very slow to react to technological changes in AU, I doubt we will see it as an update in any of our cars, despite having everything for it to work.Sad

Ozsko
13-01-2018, 07:10 PM
There is no facility to plug a SIM card into the car unlike other countries which get that as a standard feature.

Wynnston
19-01-2018, 10:09 PM
There is no facility to plug a SIM card into the car unlike other countries which get that as a standard feature.

Yes, this is true, but MIB2 also has WLAN capabilities and can technically connect to the internet via a hotspot. I enabled all the various settings in VCDS to see if I could hack my way around it. It gets an IP and sends/receives data, I can even see it trying to talk to the vw car net service, but because our VIN's aren't in the database, the auth attempts get rejected.

Ozsko
19-01-2018, 10:24 PM
I don't understand all this stuff but when I first got my car it would sometimes "see" our home network when I drove in but it hasn't done it for a long time and I can't remember what the screen was set to. At that time I wondered if I could hook it up to the home network and load the Jukebox with music and audio books but I doubt it as it would have to appear as a drive on the network.

zzc2010
19-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Yes, this is true, but MIB2 also has WLAN capabilities and can technically connect to the internet via a hotspot. I enabled all the various settings in VCDS to see if I could hack my way around it. It gets an IP and sends/receives data, I can even see it trying to talk to the vw car net service, but because our VIN's aren't in the database, the auth attempts get rejected.

It’s like the online games. No genuine key on the server no activation. No VIN no communications.

el1x
21-01-2018, 11:25 PM

This is disheartening. We seem to get screwed over quite a bit with these sorts of things in Aus.
I was also sad to learn that the HUD was removed and we didn't get the option for the Dynaudio sound system.

Rocket36
22-01-2018, 10:06 PM
My MY18 has access to the internet fire wireless access point either at home or via my mobile.

Google tells me the location I parked.

What am I missing out on?

zzc2010
22-01-2018, 11:33 PM
My MY18 has access to the internet fire wireless access point either at home or via my mobile.

Google tells me the location I parked.

What am I missing out on?

An app on your phone connected to your car through the Internet.

Tells you everything about your car.

Remotes your car.

Rocket36
23-01-2018, 07:44 AM
An app on your phone connected to your car through the Internet.

Tells you everything about your car.

Remotes your car.

What’s the benefits? What does it tell me that I don’t already know?

Maybe I’m just old school (gen X) but I like my cars/bikes and driving/riding to be a separate experience from my mobile phone! Other than BT for hands free calls, I don’t use my phone in the car. And when I’m sitting on my couch, or out for dinner I really don’t want to be reading an app on my phone! Lol

zzc2010
23-01-2018, 07:46 AM
What’s the benefits? What does it tell me that I don’t already know?

Maybe I’m just old school (gen X) but I like my cars/bikes and driving/riding to be a separate experience from my mobile phone! Other than BT for hands free calls, I don’t use my phone in the car. And when I’m sitting on my couch, or out for dinner I really don’t want to be reading an app on my phone! Lol

It’s where technology heading man. Everything is connected to the Internet.

Rocket36
23-01-2018, 07:50 AM
It’s where technology heading man. Everything is connected to the Internet.

Lol. So “just cause” then? 😛

I think a lot of this sort of thing is mostly gimmick for marketing. The younger gens all go “ah cool” when someone says “you’re always connected”.

I wonder how they’d handle no internet, phones and apps sometimes.

Man I sound like an old fart! Hahahaha

zzc2010
23-01-2018, 07:52 AM
Lol. So “just cause” then? [emoji14]

I think a lot of this sort of thing is mostly gimmick for marketing. The younger gens all go “ah cool” when someone says “you’re always connected”.

I wonder how they’d handle no internet, phones and apps sometimes.

Man I sound like an old fart! Hahahaha

Generations man.

VW is trying to pick up the youngers every way they can.

Rocket36
23-01-2018, 07:52 AM
Generations man.

VW is trying to pick up the youngers every way they can.

Fo shiz! Lol 😂 (now I feel younger again)

zzc2010
23-01-2018, 07:54 AM
Fo shiz! Lol [emoji23] (now I feel younger again)

[emoji38][emoji38]

Ozsko
23-01-2018, 09:52 AM
[emoji38][emoji38]

Oh dear! My mobile phone sits in the car permanently and never gets looked at for months at a time. Am I missing out on something? I can't remember the last time I lost a car and couldn't find it, mind you for some of them it might have been a good idea.:smile:

Rocket36
23-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Oh dear! My mobile phone sits in the car permanently and never gets looked at for months at a time. Am I missing out on something? I can't remember the last time I lost a car and couldn't find it, mind you for some of them it might have been a good idea.:smile:

Hahahahahahaha! Ironically because they were on their phone and distracted from where they're parked? :P

Blackpaladin67
23-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Which app?☺

Ozsko
23-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Hahahahahahaha! Ironically because they were on their phone and distracted from where they're parked? :P

Awesome!! I have pre paid phone and last year it started with $15 credit and it had the same $15 without additional credit being added 12 months later. I am really into mobiles, I had to carry three of them in my last job and that cured me of ever using one again unless I absolutely have too.

Rocket36
23-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Awesome!! I have pre paid phone and last year it started with $15 credit and it had the same $15 without additional credit being added 12 months later. I am really into mobiles, I had to carry three of them in my last job and that cured me of ever using one again unless I absolutely have too.

The only thing stopping me from not going back to a small flip phone, is that I rely on the amazing cameras in the modern smart phones too much. My DSLR and my other digital point and shoot cameras gather dust. I have no need for them any more.

timdavid312
19-01-2022, 05:08 PM
You can install our
high focused cameras to secure you vehicles. We provide asap remote video surveillance (https://serenasecurity.com/live-video-surveillance-and-monitoring/) all over the US.