PDA

View Full Version : And another and another thing!!!!

vinderliker
23-01-2008, 06:58 PM
This time the water choke on the carbie fell off!!! Just after I decided not to put my new 32/36 Holley on, on Monday!!!! ARRRRGGGHHH I have had enough AGAIN!!!!!!. When will it all end. Around $300 to get the new carbie fitted and jetted. A bullet costs less.

Golf Houso
23-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I respect you for the amount of patience you have for that car...

good luck m8 :)

Lukev85
24-01-2008, 01:21 PM
hey mate,

i know your pain buddy, old passats are cursed i tells ya, as i have mentioned before, hang in there, remember its a love of the car thing with b1 passats, not many ppl around like us.

Dont give up!

vinderliker
25-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks again for your support guys. I am still fairly down, had to go the the Dr, and she prescribed an add on to my anti-depressant, so it calms me down and let me sleep without as soon as my head hits the pillow the brain starts going off in all different tangents. The carbie falling apart was 'another brick in the wall' that set me up for my current depressive episode. I gets to me that I have to struggle on, on the disability pension and try to provide the best I can for both myself and Seb, especially Seb. With my Bipolar I have to manage my stress levels, and manage the illness like any other illness like asthma and diabetes. Little things, can turn into big things, that then play on my mind, pushing me into depression or mania. Mania can be set off by something good happening, it really is a rollercoaster of an illness, but there are trade offs, or benefits that do come with Bipolar and with other mental illness.
James

ontarv
26-01-2008, 04:13 PM
don't give up , just think one more thing fixed
one less problem that the car has
hope your doc's good , there hard to find .
I watch tv until brain has turned to goo then i sleep fine
keep on going there is always a break in the waves

Nick_80
31-01-2008, 01:12 AM
ha i also feel your pain, starters, shocks, carbies, radiators, waterpumps, drive shafts, engines, gear linkage bushes, rust, not been able to find window rubbers, the list just keeps going on, dodgy after market sunroofs, my big valve head throwing a seat that was barrel of laughs :(

me and my brother are sitting here discussing all the problems we have had with the audi fox and his passat wagon,

wiper motor that ticks across slower than the rain falls, front engine mounts breaking and causing bottom engine mount to break, main bearing in gearbox, water pumps oh i have mentioned that :P

oh the hack wiring job the previous owner did to put a kill switch in :(

btw i have over come many of these problem, and sorry to have a total bitch but i spose after 30 years your buying yourself a massive hole, it takes one hell of a person not to give in and keep these babies on the road, and for that i congratulate you and wish you the best. by the sounds of things u have got most of these common b1 problems sorted.

i have b1 front engine mounts for sale , pm me if your interested, they are brand new poly urethane

have an enjoyable night

zjm
03-02-2008, 11:50 PM
yeah Ive got a major problem with my 74 ts no matter what I do about everey 600 km I have to stop and put petrol in it

Nick_80
04-02-2008, 12:43 AM
there must be bigger problems with my car it only does 400 km to the tank :(

funny!