PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control doesnt turn ON

arayasam
04-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Hi,
I had cruise control working till last nite and this morning when i tried to turn ON the cruise control using the buttons on steering, it just wont turn ON.
Can someone help where i need to look. I have ODBeleven so can troubleshoot if required.

Ozsko
04-01-2018, 01:54 PM
I never turn mine off but I think you have to press the activation button twice?? Once to turn it on and the second takes it from not activated to active. Ignore me if this is all BS but as I said I simply never turn it off.

The One
04-01-2018, 06:45 PM
On just turns it on or off, you need to set the speed with the set or +/- buttons and it will activate. RTM.

arayasam
05-01-2018, 09:42 AM
Found the problem and solution, while playing with ODBeleven, i modified a parameter (Automatic Distance Regulation under Dash Board), it was NO by default and i changed it to YES. this disable the cruise control completely on my car and by reversing this step, it back in action. i need to find out what this parameter relates to though....

Ozsko
05-01-2018, 10:04 AM
If you had said that you were playing with settings then the answers would have been different. Before going any further why do you need to know what that parameter does? What are trying to achieve?

arayasam
05-01-2018, 10:27 AM
why do you need to know what that parameter does?
well just curiosity and being a control system engineer, couldn't help myself...

What are trying to achieve?
i was trying to see if there is a way to turn ON the Adaptive CC, i have a 132TSI Comfortline.