PDA

View Full Version : Dealers earn their rep

Jackson22
03-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Is there a rule book that teaches car dealers to be ****s after the sale has been secured? Despite polite questions on my part as to why the car i've ordered and paid a deposit for is still on the docks, he tells me

'its on a different boat and will be here in two weeks' (er no.. the VIN you gave me is for a car which was on a boat which has landed),
so...
'it will be here in 1-2 weeks (conveniently forgetting previous statement apparently)

(erm ok, so can you tell me why it's been on the docks since 10/12, is this normal, because it doesn't appear normal?)

'there is NO hold up, you will have it ...."

(forgetting i have yet to pay him 46000 and perhaps he should not be a **** and actually listen...)

SO I ring AAT.. and 5mins and one call later, I confirm that all the cars have indeed been parked in the weather since 10/12 and will be for at least another week due to a quarantine issue, that she cannot share.

The dealer could have made that call and told me, but no.. I will get the car eventually, but at this point I feel like a pest to call the dealer... and yet, they want my money....

blower
03-01-2018, 10:47 AM
Interesting Survey:

What 4 letter word are people substituting for **** ?

Me personally i've gone straight for the C!

Jackson22
03-01-2018, 11:15 AM
Interesting Survey:

What 4 letter word are people substituting for **** ?

Me personally i've gone straight for the C!

it was relatively mild, starting with D---