PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Locked On

Ozsko
18-12-2017, 10:28 PM
I haven't had any braking problems when moving as some have reported but I had a new twist on a braking issue yesterday when parked. I returned to the car and put some stuff in the luggage area, closed the rear door via the button and then started the car, engaged reverse and the brakes were locked on and the car would not move. I then released the auto hand brake and it still would not move, restarted it several times and still no go. I thought about it for a bit and decided maybe the rear hatch was not locked fully but that did not appear to be the case because it looked OK visually and there was no warning on the dash but I opened and closed it for giggles and then the brake released. Today I deliberately left it open and the car can be moved so I am damned if I know.

Hillbilly
19-12-2017, 09:14 AM
If it does it again try moving forward instead of reverse and see what happens. Has it got auto hold May not want to do reverse straight off

Ozsko
19-12-2017, 10:01 AM
I tried both forward and reverse several times with no result.

mythik
19-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Make sure your seat belt is engaged for the auto-handbrake to release.

Ozsko
19-12-2017, 10:26 AM
That is not necessary in my car, I often drive it to the end of my long driveway with no belt on.

spacemannz
19-12-2017, 05:16 PM
If it is by design or a safety feature, I would expect to see some sort of message on the dash to let you know why it won’t move.
I suspect a fault that the dealer needs to know about.

I had the brakes bind to the disc once. I washed it and put it away, next day there was a slight pause then a bang from the rear as I started moving. The pads had bound to the disc slightly - apparently not uncommon.