PDA

View Full Version : Obdeleven on a passat b8

momall
17-12-2017, 12:49 PM
Hi Folks,
Am keen to understand exactly how you guys are getting the obd dongle connected to the Passat b8. Mine works on my jetta, but I cannot get it connected on the Passat. Have cleared the app cache. Pairs with Bluetooth on the phone. Tried it with doors unlocked etc. The app will not pickup the car...☹️

DonDubber
18-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Are you using the dongle with a 'port extender' needed for connection to a B8 Passat?
More details here: OBDeleven PRO Diagnostic System – Audi, Skoda & Volkswagen – AutoInstruct (https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/obdeleven-audi-volkswagen-skoda-diagnostic-system/)

momall
19-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Yes I am.

DV52
19-12-2017, 05:47 PM
^^^ what are the LEDs on the dongle doing? Is the yellow LED blinking?

Don

momall
20-12-2017, 09:54 AM
LED's are red. When I attempt to connect, the green ones blink and then they go back to reduce. Get the message make sure ignition is on

Wynnston
29-12-2017, 04:44 PM
LED's are red. When I attempt to connect, the green ones blink and then they go back to reduce. Get the message make sure ignition is on

You also need to make sure you have an active internet connection on your device. I got stumped with that one for a while.

momall
30-03-2018, 07:05 AM
Don was right... I was using a cheaper extender. Bought the correct one from autoinstruct and all is good...
Newbie blues...
Got traffic and convenient centre entry coded...
Thanks All