PDA

View Full Version : 09 3CC 3.6 DSG fart

Miff
11-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Hey. Lol, so as the title reads, i'm interested to see if it's possible to get the DSG shift pops for my 3.6. I've done a bit of googling and it seems people recommend removing the mid muffler (the cradle shaped one). I'm not looking at changing the cruising noise, just want to add a bit of depth to the note under WOT, and if possible, the DSG fart.
Thanks

tigger73
11-12-2017, 10:36 PM
2 things that create the DSG fart is the exhaust system and shift speed of the DSG gearbox.

Ideally you need to do both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miff
12-12-2017, 11:21 AM
2 things that create the DSG fart is the exhaust system and shift speed of the DSG gearbox.

Ideally you need to do both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you.

I do plan on getting an APR tune. Would that provide the shift speed?
Regarding the exhaust, i'm not interested in replacing the system with a full catback/etc. Are there recommended mods, other than the removal of the mid muffler?

tigger73
12-12-2017, 10:19 PM
You're best off talking to someone with a 3.6/R36 about exhaust options as I know people have experienced issues with drone in just removing the centre resonator. I believe you really need to change the centre resonator to a hotdog muffler and the rear mufflers to some sports mufflers to get a better sound without drone at cruising speed.

I'd be aiming for something like the Supersprint: .:R36 Supersprint Exhaust (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f27/r36-supersprint-exhaust-86117.html)

To get better DSG farts you need to tune the DSG by adjusting the shift speed. There's other benefits in terms of adjusting shift points and letting loose the full torque of the 3.6.

You won't get massive power gains from tuning the 3.6 but if you're looking for decent deals there's a few specials being run around Xmas. I'd be talking to RD Technik who do package deals on DSG and ECU tuning current special is $1,275 (normally $1,499) for stage 1 ECU and stage 3 DSG tune.