PDA

View Full Version : RETROFIT LED DRLS // BI XENON HEADLIGHTS // mk6 147tsi Jetta

DoggiesUtd
08-12-2017, 08:38 AM
Hi All,

I have a 2013 VW 147tsi Jetta, have had it since new and absolutely love the car, great value for 36k.
Im in my last yr of warranty now, and never had any mechanical issues with the car, couple of doors lock have gone over the last couple of years, but always covered under warranty.

Now my only real gripe with this car, is that I have the crappy halogen headlights.

My plan was always to trade / sell after warranty was up (or close to the end) and then buy a golf r or s3, but really considering keeping now as they aren't worth much, and pretty much running with it til it gives me too many issues.

I've recently also bought an rline tiguan (for the wife) so don't really want to get another car loan, but those LED DRLS / HEADLIGHTS are so hot!
and it got me thinking id b pretty content to keep the Jetta if i can somehow find someone in Sydney who can do a retrofit of the lights for me.

I know when they brought out the facelift for the jetta and the highlines came with the LED DRLS / Bi XENONS as standard, does anyone know somewhere that i can go to get this fitted to my jetta?

Also, these look pretty nice?

Fit 11-14 VW Jetta MK6 Euro Black Projector Headlights+LED DRL Light Bar | eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-11-14-VW-Jetta-MK6-Euro-Black-Projector-Headlights-LED-DRL-Light-Bar-/381246539141?fits=Model%3AJetta)

wouldnt mind these either -

Volkswagen Jetta Exact OEM Fit LED Daytime Running Lights (https://store.ijdmtoy.com/VW-Jetta-OEM-Fit-LED-Daytime-Running-Lights-p/70-737.htm)

Nafe75
08-12-2017, 08:53 AM
I fitted LED bulbs into the DRL in the existing headlights, which were much brighter and whiter as a stop gap.
The headlights I find are OK, I'm a bit wary of fitting non-OEM headlight kits personally.

ope126
08-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Just make sure you get RHD (Right Hand Drive) Headlights.
There are some that are exact replicas of the Factory Xenon headlights, that would be my preference...

Let us know how you go!

DoggiesUtd
08-12-2017, 11:21 AM
is it possible to get OEM LED DRLS / BIXENON headlights fitted with the auto levelling?

i dont want any illegal stuff

adey88
08-12-2017, 07:26 PM
I stumbled across these today, after market units that are made by osram!

OSRAM LEDriving XENARC GOLF VI Black Edition Headlights - Upgrade from Halogen to Xenon Now! (https://driven2automotive.com/driven2automotive-headlights/4877-osram-ledriving-xenarc-black-edition-golf-vi-mk6-xenon-led-headlights.html)

Not cheap at £600+ but might be worth looking into?

Too bad they don't have anything for my mk5!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DoggiesUtd
11-12-2017, 10:50 AM
yeh im thinking it might be easier just to buy a new car

any ideas when a new jetta will be released?

DoggiesUtd
11-12-2017, 10:51 AM
not sure if i like the look of it

2018 Volkswagen Jetta leaked (https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-news/2018-volkswagen-jetta-leaked)

amascaro08
24-01-2018, 07:16 AM
Hi All,

I have a 2013 VW 147tsi Jetta, have had it since new and absolutely love the car, great value for 36k.
Im in my last yr of warranty now, and never had any mechanical issues with the car, couple of doors lock have gone over the last couple of years, but always covered under warranty.

Now my only real gripe with this car, is that I have the crappy halogen headlights.

My plan was always to trade / sell after warranty was up (or close to the end) and then buy a golf r or s3, but really considering keeping now as they aren't worth much, and pretty much running with it til it gives me too many issues.

I've recently also bought an rline tiguan (for the wife) so don't really want to get another car loan, but those LED DRLS / HEADLIGHTS are so hot!
and it got me thinking id b pretty content to keep the Jetta if i can somehow find someone in Sydney who can do a retrofit of the lights for me.

I know when they brought out the facelift for the jetta and the highlines came with the LED DRLS / Bi XENONS as standard, does anyone know somewhere that i can go to get this fitted to my jetta?

Also, these look pretty nice?

Fit 11-14 VW Jetta MK6 Euro Black Projector Headlights+LED DRL Light Bar | eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-11-14-VW-Jetta-MK6-Euro-Black-Projector-Headlights-LED-DRL-Light-Bar-/381246539141?fits=Model%3AJetta)

wouldnt mind these either -

Volkswagen Jetta Exact OEM Fit LED Daytime Running Lights (https://store.ijdmtoy.com/VW-Jetta-OEM-Fit-LED-Daytime-Running-Lights-p/70-737.htm)

Hey mate where are you located ? I have a set of the first Headlights you posted I’m looking st selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoggiesUtd
11-11-2019, 10:30 AM
Hey mate where are you located ? I have a set of the first Headlights you posted I’m looking st selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey mate, i actually got some aftermarket ones and fit them a few weeks back, havent been on this forum in so long, look pretty good if u ask me! dynamic blinkers and all

none of these headlights/tailights throw up codes (bit of re-wiring on tail lights as it through up a code for fog light being out, as they are meant to be on the right but easy fix)

working on finding some LED license plate globes with built in resistor as the ones i have now are throwing up the code

Hillbilly
11-11-2019, 05:52 PM
hey mate, i actually got some aftermarket ones and fit them a few weeks back, havent been on this forum in so long, look pretty good if u ask me! dynamic blinkers and all

none of these headlights/tailights throw up codes (bit of re-wiring on tail lights as it through up a code for fog light being out, as they are meant to be on the right but easy fix)

working on finding some LED license plate globes with built in resistor as the ones i have now are throwing up the code

So are the headlights for left hand or right hand drive as they have different cutoffs

DoggiesUtd
11-11-2019, 10:51 PM
Headlights are RHD
No issues with those at all
Easy plug and play

t0n13
20-11-2019, 05:07 PM

Hi,

Those headlights and tail lights look great!!

Can I get the links where you got them from?

Cheers