PDA

View Full Version : 162 Rline clicking noise?

Rarak
04-12-2017, 11:02 PM
Hi all,

Just got my car today and loving it!

On the drive noticed quite a few times a kind of clicking noise like the car was locking and unlocking. I thought this might have something to do with the side assist, but on reflection probably not.

Anyone know what is causing it and how to stop this?

Ozsko
04-12-2017, 11:09 PM
Perhaps take it back to the dealer might be best.

Rarak
05-12-2017, 06:52 AM
Dealer is 1.5 hrs away so thought i'd try here first.

Might give them a call.

Rarak
05-12-2017, 01:08 PM
think it was autolock. Turned that off and no issues yet.

cameleon72
05-12-2017, 03:23 PM
I hope is just that problem, but i doubt that you maybe have just discovered annoying vw tiguan 2 noise imperfection which i reported long time ago and is problem with klicking klacking noise coming from automatic transmissions clutch or deferential clutch ,which by my long testing driving all tiguan 2 models proven that all 4wd new Tiguan 2 are affected regardless 132tsi or 162tsi (higline and rline) some have more and some less but noise is there and this is issue and not acceptable for new car costing 50k - 60k , only 1.4 tsi 2wd are not 100% affected with this problem noise less and smoothness perfect! So all pointing problem is somewhere from Automatic transmission to rear deferential . Put car in eco mode (best way to test as engine has less rpm ) dont use Eco in indvidual menu but directly as Eco directly use costing function ( but Eco in individual menu not using it )which more activate and deactivate clutches ,close the windows sunroof,switch off radio fan, drive alone in quiet street nigh time after 12 when no traffic so you can isolate all external noise and concentrate to inside car noise, find street with lots of humps and roundabout where you need to constantly slow down and drive slowly up to 40km ,once you notice this noise you will always after hear it even during day time and in louder environment , if you dont notice rattle clicking noise than sorry but problem is with hearing( no offence to anyone) or you have 100 % perfect tiguan which i doubt after i tested at least 10 4wd new tiguans and all have issue noted above, some less and some more
Kind Regards

DoggiesUtd
05-12-2017, 03:52 PM
^^^ what a load of rubbish, no clicking in my tig

Justice
07-12-2017, 06:32 AM
I hope is just that problem, but i doubt that you maybe have just discovered annoying vw tiguan 2 noise imperfection which i reported long time ago and is problem with klicking klacking noise coming from automatic transmissions clutch or deferential clutch ,which by my long testing driving all tiguan 2 models proven that all 4wd new Tiguan 2 are affected regardless 132tsi or 162tsi (higline and rline) some have more and some less but noise is there and this is issue and not acceptable for new car costing 50k - 60k , only 1.4 tsi 2wd are not 100% affected with this problem noise less and smoothness perfect! So all pointing problem is somewhere from Automatic transmision to rear deferential . Put car in eco mode (best way to test as engine has less rpm ) dont use Eco in indvidual menu but directly as Eco directly use costing function ( but Eco in individual menu not using it )which more activate and deactivate clutches ,close the windows sunroof,switch off radio fan, drive alone in quiet street nigh time after 12 when no traffic so you can insulate all external noise and concentrete to inside car noise, find street with lots of bumbs and roundabout where you need to constantly slow down and drive slowly ,once you notice this noise you will always after hear it even during time and in louder environment , if you dont notice rattle clicking noise than sorry but problem is with hearing( no offence to anyone) or you have 100 % perfect tiguan which i doubt after i tested at least 10 4wd new tiguans and all have issue noted above, some less and some more
Kind Regards

cameleon72 I replied to your thread several times regarding my wife's Tiguan R-Line DSG in the UK but it appears you have abandoned your thread as you have not contributed to the thread even though there has been many replies.

My Wife's Tiguan is experiencing issues with metallic grating noises from the DSG on her car. There is also a large thread on the Tiguan Mk2 forum in the UK (link attached)

Your thread - Link - Have I received Lemon Tiguan 132T or again DSG old problems continue with Volkswagen? (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/have-i-received-lemon-tiguan-132t-again-dsg-old-problems-continue-volkswagen-119346.html)

Tiguan Mk2 Forum UK - 4 Motion DSG Noise upon Deceleration at low speed! - VW Tiguan MK2 Forums (https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1583)

I would be interested to know when your Tiguan was built as my investigations have discovered cars built between 10/16 - 05/17 appear most affected yet Volkswagen still insist the noise is normal operation and a characteristic!!:mad:

cameleon72
07-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Hi justice
you are right sorry about that but I was overseas had some family health issue since August and recently come back to AU, from there I try 2x times to write you reply but mobile data was funny and disconnect me loosing my long writing reply so i was upset and give up, I will copy this noted above and transfer and continue old thread regarding noise issue, we have to warn more people about this as this is big issue and not acceptable for new car and VW will need to resolve this or replace with new car .