PDA

View Full Version : Injectors??

Sleepy
22-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Just a general question that i hope someone can help out with....

If i have tuning thats setup for 630cc injectors will the software run smoothly with 660cc??? I dont have much of a clue when it comes to this sort of thing so thought i would ask??:?

Cheers guys!

Golf Houso
22-01-2008, 06:41 PM
If they provide the same pressure and force, I'm guessing they should run ok... :?

h100vw
22-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Probably won't run perfectly. The ECU may be able to trim out the excess fuel or you could maybe use an adjustable FPR to offset the larger injectors by reducing the pressure a bit.

I'd get the right ones for the job and make life easy.

Gavin

Jmac
22-01-2008, 09:49 PM
I think the software would still pulse the correct width but like h100vw says you might want to fit an adjustable FPR. Not sure if 630-660 would b a significant difference but hey i think he is right match them with the right ones then you have no worries.
Sounds like fun mate.
Still keen to hear about that ecu by the way!!!!

Sleepy
23-01-2008, 08:10 AM
=Still keen to hear about that ecu by the way!!!!

Did Send you a PM a while ago mate?

Was trying to get away with the 660cc just to save $$$....

Your injectors in yet Gav??

Valver.
23-01-2008, 08:33 AM
That isn't enough difference to cause any problems, even with stock rechipped management.

static1800
23-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Is there enough of a difference to make a performance increase?? just curious.

Guy_H
23-01-2008, 01:07 PM
It is possible to have to large an injector - its low frequency pulse (The ECU energises it) for idle - it may not be physically possible to open it for a small enough time at low revs which can cause missfire etc.

Generally it would run fine in midrange & top end, but the ECU has to be calibrated for them otherwise its constantly compensating (which with a factory ECU will send you into limp mode after a short period of time :()

You can data log how it responds by looking at the fuel trim tables & see what its doing :)

Jmac
23-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Nice one guy!!! Just a wee question the injection pulse width on standard would have a spack attack. This fellas ecu is remapped , so do you you reckon with all that in mind the CC difference would be negligible???? Like you say though you can watch the trim. Just making sure for myself mate
Cheers and Happy New Year by the way did you catch many fish at Xmas????

Sleepy
23-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I have spent the last 6 months looking at that bloody block 032!!!! but to a non related issue :) Thanks for all the responses....

Guy_H
23-01-2008, 06:39 PM
hey jimmy - had a great holiday thanks - cheers mate - enough fishing to keep me happy!

Depends on the style of injector too -

the "Rochester" style with the big steel bodies flow really well up top (and are used by a lot of tuners), but their big solenoids make them less tolerant of the lower pulses - I think they use the term "saturated rochester" style in some GM applications.

The "Bosch / Siemens" style (plastic body) are much more adapdable, but they can be 3 - 4 times the price (Bosch motorsport vs Rochester style).

The old rule: you get what you pay for!

Jmac
23-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah you are not wrong mate .
Cheers for the reply.

Sleepy
23-01-2008, 09:05 PM
The "Bosch / Siemens" style (plastic body) are much more adapdable, but they can be 3 - 4 times the price (Bosch motorsport vs Rochester style).

The old rule: you get what you pay for!

cool i may keep hold of these Siemens 660cc then and give it a go....the 630cc are $89usd ea :(

Guy_H
24-01-2008, 08:36 AM
$89 usd each for the correct injectors is a great price - if 660's don't work, how much money will you lose if you have to bin them & buy the correct ones?

Sleepy
24-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Im getin the 660's as part of the setup....this is what confuses me? the guy im buying it from was using 660's with the same tune but from a 2001.5 passat? i assume they would be the same? but i spoke to the guy who did the tune and he said i would need 630's...Maybe he wa just tryin to get some $$$?

Valver.
28-01-2008, 07:41 AM
How much power do you want and what fuel pressure are you running? You can easily figure out what you need yourself :)

Sleepy
28-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Want to hit around 280-290 whp at around 22 PSI....stock fpr is 4bar..thanks for ya help!

Valver.
28-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Ok, so let's say 380BHP at engine, with 3bar/44psi fuel pressure that is 623cc/m injectors or 59lb/hr. At 4 bar, that is 69lb/hr capability... In other words, you should use a 3bar regulator or with 660cc/m injectors you'll be fuelling quite high.

It comes down to engine management at the end of the day anyway. An Autronic is very good at controlling big injectors, but chipped management may struggle... can't really answer that one myself. Maybe Tim/Golfworx knows?

I know my car is flooding a bit and I have 660cc Siemens aswell. I can adjust this out with standalone, though, which makes life a lot easier!!

At the end of the day, you'll have a quick Passat, so who cares :D

Sleepy
28-01-2008, 10:02 PM
ha ha hope so...im thinkin about going the not so aggressive tune to start with...ive done a lot of lookin around and basically to run the 660's its gonna cost me more for tuning etc....i have decided to go the 550's i think as there is a pretty cheap setup going around from atp.....it doesnt seem to be quick enough for most but basically im thinkin it will do for now until i can get the inners strengthened perhaps....I mean it will still be quick and should still push 280whp....will keep u updated....thanks again for the advice....