PDA

View Full Version : Passat B8 darkened LED-tail lights

nakenfis
26-11-2017, 08:43 PM
Long time reader, first time poster... Want to start off with thanking for many helpful threads.

I've been looking into retrofitting these LED taillights in my B8 2015.
Tonade full-LED baklyktor VW Passat B8 (R-line) (https://www.eftermontering.se/passat-b8/538-tonade-led-bakljus.html)

I've got a Passat 2015 B8 model with led-tail lights (8SK) so they should be compatible with my car but im not sure if i would pull off the installation. I've got a VCDS cable but no idea where to look for this coding.

I did the LED-tail light upgrade on my previous car (Golf MK7) and it was a 1h plug n' play install, would be really great if it was the same on the Passat too but since there is almost no info about this installation online it makes me unsure.

Anybody retrofitted these lights and have any insight of the harness/coding required?

zzc2010
29-05-2019, 02:20 AM
I am interested in these tail lights as well. Any ideas?

Diegothecat
09-06-2019, 10:29 AM
I don't know about these lights exactly, but I can't see why they wouldn't work.

But if you have access to do VCDS tweaking then you will be able to adjust all of the lights within either your standard or these new items.

I've had glass tint wrap on my shelf for over a year for when I get around to wrapping the rear lights on my R line. As I find the aftermarket lights are very expensive and just not made to the same quality.