PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered 2018 Passat TSi Customline Wagon

bilgola
20-11-2017, 04:20 PM
To be delivered in January. Have read all the reviews good and bad and, as far as I can see mostly good. The new Passat has so much cargo room and lots of toys and, from the test drive its very quiet...in my view an ideal touring machine. I am one of those who are bucking the SUV craze, partly because the open bitumen is my favoured path, no off road stuff for me, but also because I find the high seating position a difficult climb and decent. The Tiguan (which I have driven over distance) just doesn't do it for me and and has a pittance of luggage room.

But I'm trying hard not looking through rose coloured glasses, nothing is perfect and I would love to hear what others with more experience of the model have to say. What are your thoughts? Mike

ope126
20-11-2017, 07:32 PM
Hi Mate, welcome to the site.
Nice choice of ride there.

I'm guessing your getting a 2017 Built, 2018 Complied, VW Passat MY18 132TSI Comfortline...

What colour did you get?

Did you order the optional Luxury or R-Line Pack?

bilgola
20-11-2017, 08:50 PM
Thanks for your interest...yes I think it would be a 17 build, it is still on the boat I was told so it will be 2018 registered. I didn't order any options I was stretched anyway, very tempting though. Looking forward to a late Christmas present.

ope126
20-11-2017, 09:00 PM
Have you been given any of the tracking details for your Passat's journey to OZ?

It will be a 2017 Build, sounds like it will be a 2017 Complied also...

The first registration date will be the 3yr Warranty start date.

Passerati
24-11-2017, 12:04 AM
Hi mate.
Excellent choice of car and for very similar reasons to mine.

You will not be disappointed, the B8 is an absolute pleasure to drive. Quiet, fast when needed and for fun.

To bad you couldn’t get the R-line package and Highline. They’re pretty sweet add ons.

Remember- if you don’t turn your head around to look at your car after you have parked it... you picked the wrong car :)

bilgola
02-12-2017, 02:05 PM
Colour white and no options except window tinting. I was torn on the R-line pack but decided against it. Its a pretty well specked car standard so I am quite happy