PDA

View Full Version : T4 oil cooler(heat exhanger)

H2Hoo
19-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Turned my T4 into a sludge pumper today on the way to work. Man diesel oil in the coolant does wonders, no overheating just a heap of mess, this is going to suck getting all that black oil out of my cooling system. Havent experianced this before, got to break out the old T2 ute! It was still running nicely but decided on a tow job before in turned into a complete head job!! What a Bitch!!!

gtimk5
20-06-2006, 08:02 PM
I reckon I shocked the old one into submission when I washed the old girl for you on Sunday mate! Notice the tyre black on it today when you picked it up? Was tyre black, not deisel oil/coolant!!!
Nice, clean job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad it wasn't a syncro!

H2Hoo
21-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Mate i noticed the tyre black, i no the difference between tyre black and brake dust!!
Not sure what was in that soap bucket mate but it gave the old uterus a bad taste in its mouth. It looked nie and spottless on the back of the tilt tray. Im surprised the tilt tray could pick the heavy bitch up.

Ianm
23-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Turned my T4 into a sludge pumper today on the way to work. Man diesel oil in the coolant does wonders, no overheating just a heap of mess, this is going to suck getting all that black oil out of my cooling system. Havent experianced this before, got to break out the old T2 ute! It was still running nicely but decided on a tow job before in turned into a complete head job!! What a Bitch!!!

Mate, have you got the goods on replacing water powered heat exchanger for clamp on external oil cooler (with no water involved). I've heard it has been done from several people, and looking for details now myself.

Ian
2000 Tdi T4