PDA

View Full Version : Tiguan MY18 Speaker Upgrade

tomskiboy
30-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Hi Guys,
I just ordered our MY18 140TDI Rline with Driver Assist (White). Can't wait.

The wife and I took another test drive the other day and whilst we absolutely love the car and can't wait for it to arrive, I couldn't help but feel underwhelmed by the quality sound coming from the speakers. I played with the 3 band equaliser and fader/balance to get it sounding better but no joy.

We're upgrading from a MY12 Passat Highline and that had a better sound.

I heard that in the USA, VW will be rolling out Fender Speakers (Basically Panasonic , branded as Fender 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV to Feature Fender(R) Premium Audio System Powered by Panasonic (http://shop.panasonic.com/about-us-latest-news-press-releases/06192017-vwtiguan.html))

I'm not after heavy bass (so not interested in adding a subwoofer), just more warmth and clarity.

Looking to see if anyone else here has a similar view and if they've done any mods to the speakers.

Cheers

Kachingg
30-10-2017, 06:02 PM
Hi Guys,

The wife and I took another test drive the other day and whilst we absolutely love the car and can't wait for it to arrive, I couldn't help but feel underwhelmed by the quality sound coming from the speakers. I played with the 3 band equaliser and fader/balance to get it sounding better but no joy.

I heard that in the USA, VW will be rolling out Fender Speakers (Basically Panasonic , branded as Fender 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV to Feature Fender(R) Premium Audio System Powered by Panasonic (http://shop.panasonic.com/about-us-latest-news-press-releases/06192017-vwtiguan.html))

I'm not after heavy bass (so not interested in adding a subwoofer), just more warmth and clarity.

Looking to see if anyone else here has a similar view and if they've done any mods to the speakers.

Cheers

Is there no dynaudio option you can spec in the car? it will be bundled with other stuff but is still a good option to tick better than stuffing around after pickup

The dynaudio is a good system will keep most people very happy

tomskiboy
30-10-2017, 06:53 PM
unfortunately in Australia we don't have that option

popeye
30-10-2017, 07:28 PM
I originally thought the same but after a few days of playing the sound became much better .It's almost as if the speakers are bedding in!!!
As i said in my review of my R Line i think the sound is decent but nowhere near audiophile quality .

I would suggest to give it a bit of playing time and then go for some higher quality speakers if you still not happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

kamold
30-10-2017, 07:43 PM
I originally thought the same but after a few days of playing the sound became much better .It's almost as if the speakers are bedding in!!!
As i said in my review of my R Line i think the sound is decent but nowhere near audiophile quality .

I would suggest to give it a bit of playing time and then go for some higher quality speakers if you still not happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkI can't comment specifically on the current Tiguan speakers as I know nothing about them.
I can only offer some reflections of my experience over the past few years.
In general I feel the weakest link is the internal amp in the oem head units. They are 4x25w which is somewhat under powered.
My experience has been:
Mk6 Golf stock speakers upgraded head unit to rns510, added a Blaupunkt 4x55w amp huge improvement no need to upgrade speakers unless you wanted to push them really hard with volume levels but could do with a sub.

Octavia MK2 stock speakers factory fitted rns510 added the same Blaupunkt 4x55w amp and a pioneer active sub stock speakers still up to task.

B6 Passat had a factory 250w amp and 10 speakers made by Blaupunkt. Was a perfectly acceptable system connected to the rns510 but I like upgrading :) so I fitted the 600w dynaudio system.
Fitted the amp first and the difference was night and day to the 250w 'VW sound system' amp but was too much for the speakers. They would complain with loud 'blarp!' noises over about 60% volume but still the sound staging and clarity was hugely improved.
Once I had replaced all 10 speakers with their dynaudio counterparts I was able to push the volume levels without complaint but the sound difference was very incremental.

So in conclusion my feeling is you are best served by first installing an amp to drive the stock speakers. Stop there and see if that meets your requirements. If it doesn't then upgrade the speakers. But installing new speakers with the internal amp will leave you underwhelmed.

Just my 2c

DoggiesUtd
30-10-2017, 08:06 PM
The speakers in the tig are much better than what i have in my jetta
And much better than the 2014 touareg i had
Ive never had dynaudio so i cant compare
But its definately not the worst sound system ive seen

tomskiboy
31-10-2017, 01:05 PM
Thanks, Guys,
I was just expecting something a little better considering how much extra premium technology the Tig has.

I noticed that there are only a few places that offer Dynaudio speaker upgrades for the Tig around Sydney. Still annoyed at VAG for not offering use Aussies this option.

sVWatt
31-10-2017, 02:46 PM
I noticed that there are only a few places that offer Dynaudio speaker upgrades for the Tig around Sydney. Still annoyed at VAG for not offering use Aussies this option.

Keen on the retro upgrade path, as I’ve enjoyed the B&O setup in the S3, and didn’t try cranking the Tig music box when I was in it. Do you have any names, or prices for possible upgrade options?

Regdop
04-11-2017, 10:31 AM
Hi Guys,

Cheers

Se my post here.....Sound System Upgrade (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/sound-system-upgrade-117659.html)

YeahYeahNahh
21-11-2017, 09:36 AM
I can't comment specifically on the current Tiguan speakers as I know nothing about them.
I can only offer some reflections of my experience over the past few years.
In general I feel the weakest link is the internal amp in the oem head units. They are 4x25w which is somewhat under powered.
My experience has been:
Mk6 Golf stock speakers upgraded head unit to rns510, added a Blaupunkt 4x55w amp huge improvement no need to upgrade speakers unless you wanted to push them really hard with volume levels but could do with a sub.

Octavia MK2 stock speakers factory fitted rns510 added the same Blaupunkt 4x55w amp and a pioneer active sub stock speakers still up to task.

B6 Passat had a factory 250w amp and 10 speakers made by Blaupunkt. Was a perfectly acceptable system connected to the rns510 but I like upgrading :) so I fitted the 600w dynaudio system.
Fitted the amp first and the difference was night and day to the 250w 'VW sound system' amp but was too much for the speakers. They would complain with loud 'blarp!' noises over about 60% volume but still the sound staging and clarity was hugely improved.
Once I had replaced all 10 speakers with their dynaudio counterparts I was able to push the volume levels without complaint but the sound difference was very incremental.

So in conclusion my feeling is you are best served by first installing an amp to drive the stock speakers. Stop there and see if that meets your requirements. If it doesn't then upgrade the speakers. But installing new speakers with the internal amp will leave you underwhelmed.

Just my 2c

Hi Kamold, where do they install the amp? Have you got any pictures? I prefer this option over changing the speakers. In my past experiences, the door trims have never seemed to gone back on properly after install.

kamold
21-11-2017, 09:44 AM
I install the amps under the passenger seat, because that's where the factory installed ones go.
The cables go under the carpet up to behind the head unit.
I can take a photo of the one in my wife's Octavia tonight.

tomskiboy
21-11-2017, 09:53 AM
Hi Guys,
I just picked the car up yesterday and spent half the day doing happy (literally) laps around the suburb getting familiar with the car and features.

Regarding sound. I played quite a few songs from SD card (using high bitrate) and the Mids and Highs are very clear (although speaker positioning is quite low compared to Passat). Now the Low's were a bit of a letdown. Anything above half way on the graphic equaliser results in a fluter (fart) noise coming from the speaker. This is a non-issue for 80% of the music I listen to.

I love my music and would consider myself a wanna-be audiophile. From my experience this fluter\fart type noise in the bass is typical of "cheap" paper cone speakers.

I'm going to leave the car as is for a couple of months to see how the speakers bed in. BUT if it's not improving I'll try to order the Dynaudio spare parts or equivalent.

Lifestyle Store in Parramatta (Western Sydney) does Dynaudio so I'll probably get them to do the install for me.

Still, Very Disappointed with VW Australia for not giving us Aussies Dynaudio.. Actually I'm pretty pissed.

Apart from that, I love the new Tig. Somethings I find better in the Passat like the separate leaver for CC and positioning of Volum +/- buttons. But Apart from that, It's awesome.

zzc2010
21-11-2017, 11:28 AM
Hi Guys,
I just picked the car up yesterday and spent half the day doing happy (literally) laps around the suburb getting familiar with the car and features.

Regarding sound. I played quite a few songs from SD card (using high bitrate) and the Mids and Highs are very clear (although speaker positioning is quite low compared to Passat). Now the Low's were a bit of a letdown. Anything above half way on the graphic equaliser results in a fluter (fart) noise coming from the speaker. This is a non-issue for 80% of the music I listen to.

I love my music and would consider myself a wanna-be audiophile. From my experience this fluter\fart type noise in the bass is typical of "cheap" paper cone speakers.

I'm going to leave the car as is for a couple of months to see how the speakers bed in. BUT if it's not improving I'll try to order the Dynaudio spare parts or equivalent.

Lifestyle Store in Parramatta (Western Sydney) does Dynaudio so I'll probably get them to do the install for me.

Still, Very Disappointed with VW Australia for not giving us Aussies Dynaudio.. Actually I'm pretty pissed.

Apart from that, I love the new Tig. Somethings I find better in the Passat like the separate leaver for CC and positioning of Volum +/- buttons. But Apart from that, It's awesome.

Any ideas how much a set of Dynaudio costs?

Neal

tomskiboy
21-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Any ideas how much a set of Dynaudio costs?

Neal

Sorry, I don't know how much, I'll wait till I've made my mind up before getting a quote. But based on other peoples experience with other VW models. I would expect something around $1500 - $2500 depending on how far you go with the upgrade.

Below is a link to their website for Dynaudio
6.5" Speakers | Rockford Fosgate | Pioneer | Kenwood | German Maestro | Hertz | Focal | Clarion (https://www.lifestylestore.com.au/products/for-your-car/speakers/6in-speakers-22.html?dir=desc&manufacturer=3&order=price)

Hope that helps.

Tom

Ozsko
22-11-2017, 02:34 PM
Hi Guys,

Regarding sound. I played quite a few songs from SD card (using high bitrate) and the Mids and Highs are very clear (although speaker positioning is quite low compared to Passat).

Have you tried a FLAC or WAV file to see if there is any difference? I don't bother with MP3's any longer as cards have plenty of space and are pretty cheap to buy now, just stay away from Ebay!

tomskiboy
23-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Hi Oszko,

Good point. I'll grab my SD card and put on some FLAC files on it and let you know.

Dan_3MPS
20-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Did anyone here considering an upgrade go through with it?

After 4 months with the Tiguan, I'm looking at my options for better sound. Trying to track down a Helix Plug and Play setup, but the latest versions are on backorder in Oz at present.

I'm thinking an amp to drive all speakers and a single sub/bass generator if I can't get hold of a Helix setup, as I'm guessing that will more than cover my wishes for a fuller range system.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Dan_3MPS
30-05-2018, 07:18 AM
Decided to go with a powered underset subwoofer and seperate 4 channel amplifier for now. After that will do the door speakers.

Going to attempt the install this weekend. Currently deciding where to place the bits and work out if I take power off the battery or from the fuse box behind the glovebox as there are some spare powered fuse sockets available. I may end up installing it all under the passenger seat.

I think I've found where to get a power cable through the firewall from the engine bay if I go that way, just need to start removing bits around the glovebox to find where it comes into the cabin!

INASNT
30-05-2018, 12:32 PM
I noticed the sound system was not as good as my Golf R with dynaudio, but I now listen to 3AW on the way to and from work... hahahha

Dose Pipe Sutututu
23-07-2018, 03:01 PM
Decided to go with a powered underset subwoofer and seperate 4 channel amplifier for now. After that will do the door speakers.

Going to attempt the install this weekend. Currently deciding where to place the bits and work out if I take power off the battery or from the fuse box behind the glovebox as there are some spare powered fuse sockets available. I may end up installing it all under the passenger seat.

I think I've found where to get a power cable through the firewall from the engine bay if I go that way, just need to start removing bits around the glovebox to find where it comes into the cabin!

Hey Dan!

Saw your post on FB, just wondering where you ran the power cabling from the battery to the cabin? I'm not entirely keen on punching a hole through the firewall OR piercing the OEM grommet and wondering if there's a +VE bus somewhere in the car?

I remember in older Audis there was a +VE bus bar inside the foot well.

Won't be needing massive current, as I'm planning to just run a basic Clarion XC2110 (marine amp, small foot print).

PeteC
24-07-2018, 07:55 PM
Has anyone seen or installed the original VW sub woofer, which goes into the spot of the spare wheel? Or is it comes as part of the Dynaudio system?

Dose Pipe Sutututu
25-07-2018, 05:14 PM
(working from home today)

Decided to measure up the spare wheel and worked out a Pioneer TS-WX610A (TS-WX610A - Car Subwoofers | Pioneer (https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/TS-WX610A)) would fit nicely into the boot if you have the floor board set to be flush (not a step down, also found out could do that - mind blown).

Looked at different ways of wiring it up and decided that when I do wire it up, I won't pierce through the firewall and damage any grommets but instead use those fuse piggy back things and scab power from the 20A cigarette lighter fuse (which won't get used in the car anyhow). Given that the sub only puts out a theoretic max of 200W RMS we can safely say the current draw won't even exceed 14.5A (200 = 13.8*I) at full noise (which it won't ever be used at).

spacemannz
25-07-2018, 05:24 PM
(working from home today)

Decided to measure up the spare wheel and worked out a Pioneer TS-WX610A (TS-WX610A - Car Subwoofers | Pioneer (https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/TS-WX610A)) would fit nicely into the boot if you have the floor board set to be flush (not a step down, also found out could do that - mind blown).

Looked at different ways of wiring it up and decided that when I do wire it up, I won't pierce through the firewall and damage any grommets but instead use those fuse piggy back things and scab power from the 20A cigarette lighter fuse (which won't get used in the car anyhow). Given that the sub only puts out a theoretic max of 200W RMS we can safely say the current draw won't even exceed 14.5A (200 = 13.8*I) at full noise (which it won't ever be used at).

Neat! Be sure to take some pics while you install. I suspect that’s a ‘magic pill’ solution for a lot of us - should be a fairly easy DIY... I hope.

Dose Pipe Sutututu
25-07-2018, 05:43 PM
Neat! Be sure to take some pics while you install. I suspect that’s a ‘magic pill’ solution for a lot of us - should be a fairly easy DIY... I hope.

Sure will :)

Most likely taking proper photos and writing a proper guide for my blog/online shop www.trak-life.com (currently all JDM schizzle, could do with fancy Euro stuff haha)

TheTig
30-07-2018, 08:18 PM
Sure will :)

Most likely taking proper photos and writing a proper guide for my blog/online shop www.trak-life.com (http://www.trak-life.com) (currently all JDM schizzle, could do with fancy Euro stuff haha)

You inspired me, bought one and it arrived today, super quick delivery from Malaysia. Can confirm it fits just fine with the floor flush.

Was thinking of fitting one of these as well to complement it.
AudioControl LC2i Black 2 Channel Line-Output Converter with AccuBASS (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AudioControl-LC2i-Black-2-Channel-Line-Output-Converter-with-AccuBASS/252351635643?epid=691398848&hash=item3ac15460bb%3Ag%3AnssAAOSwIgNXnjSv&_sacat=0&_nkw=LC2i&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.XLC2i.T RS0)

Dose Pipe Sutututu
31-07-2018, 09:41 AM
^ that would be a nice setup, but means you would need to run a proper power cable haha..

In other news, there's a 20% off sale on certain eBay stores - because I don't want to chop up the harness on my Tiguan I'm going to order this:
Aerpro Volkswagen Golf Mk7 2013 On T Harness 5055193348106 | eBay (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aerpro-Volkswagen-Golf-Mk7-2013-On-T-Harness/272460278825)

Sale starts at 10AM, use code PERFORM20

Pretty much this harness is designed for people adding on additional stuff to their car (fingers crossed it works on the Infotainment). Based on frostywinter's install (Golf R MK7.5) he used the following diagram to tap into the speakers via plug N

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/10/4Ww5e3r-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/CT10VW02jpgitokxKLgYgWY-1.jpg

Slowly have been acquiring the parts, just need the WX610A now - waiting for an eBay sitewide sale!

TheTig
31-07-2018, 07:42 PM
^ that would be a nice setup, but means you would need to run a proper power cable haha..

In other news, there's a 20% off sale on certain eBay stores - because I don't want to chop up the harness on my Tiguan I'm going to order this:
Aerpro Volkswagen Golf Mk7 2013 On T Harness 5055193348106 | eBay (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/705-53470-19255-0/1?campid=5337592361&toolid=10001&mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aerpro-Volkswagen-Golf-Mk7-2013-On-T-Harness/272460278825)

Sale starts at 10AM, use code PERFORM20

Pretty much this harness is designed for people adding on additional stuff to their car (fingers crossed it works on the Infotainment). Based on frostywinter's install (Golf R MK7.5) he used the following diagram to tap into the speakers via plug N

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/10/4Ww5e3r-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/07/CT10VW02jpgitokxKLgYgWY-1.jpg

Slowly have been acquiring the parts, just need the WX610A now - waiting for an eBay sitewide sale!

Cheers for the heads up, just got one.

I got the sub $40 off, was $360 delivered. Some code popped up in Ebay that I used last week.

Dan_3MPS
01-08-2018, 05:55 PM
Hey Dan!

Saw your post on FB, just wondering where you ran the power cabling from the battery to the cabin? I'm not entirely keen on punching a hole through the firewall OR piercing the OEM grommet and wondering if there's a +VE bus somewhere in the car?

I remember in older Audis there was a +VE bus bar inside the foot well.

Won't be needing massive current, as I'm planning to just run a basic Clarion XC2110 (marine amp, small foot print).Sorry, only just saw this! Haven't visited here for a while.

I used spare fuse openings in the passenger footwell fuse box for my power feeds. Ground I used was the existing one under the passenger side door sill. Trigger for power is the CAN High on the quadlock plug (from memory).

I also used a another quadlock plug set inline as you've highlighted in later posts, and soldered in my speaker wires and power/ground as required.

Some pics if it helps, ignore my awesome wiring! Haha :) That was just plugging it all in to see it worked before routing all the cables and finishing it up. Access behind the headunit is tight, I hid the extra/piggyback quadlock above the headunit and used a piece of flexible plastic pipe (from a cat wand toy!) to tie the wiring to and thread it down to the fuse box.

Edit: Piggy back fuses. These work with a single blade fuse installed also, so you don't need to piggy back an existing fuse, just plug into a spare hole (suggested locations as per my pic). Found that out while doing my install, and not something I'd seen mentioned anywhere else.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180801/8d0d8000196dcfd3803cd8fa77d07a0b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180801/3065931dce27721e3d119bc9ba1163db.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180801/8a56c9f804a8ae4d65b07a6091a401ea.jpg

Dose Pipe Sutututu
02-08-2018, 04:20 PM
Awesome, thanks Dan!
Will try use the Can/H as the trigger - hopefully it doesn't affect the CAN Bus network lol

TheTig
11-08-2018, 03:05 PM
Awesome, thanks Dan!
Will try use the Can/H as the trigger - hopefully it doesn't affect the CAN Bus network lol

The Pioneer TS-WX610A is all installed, very happy with the result. Nice boost to the stock system, has got some real kick now.

The T-Harness whilst tricky to all fit in did the job nicely, was able to tuck in the extra cable/connectors in the space directly above the head unit. Accessories power came from a fuse just like Dan mentioned. Decided on pulling power from the battery through the firewall via a spare grommet, same location as the one on a Mk7 golf - https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/running-cables-through-the-firewall/ once I found where it came through in the passenger foot well, was relatively straight forward pulling it through (it ended up sitting behind a big bundle of wires).

There is plenty of room for running the cables under the floor trim, started by removing this in the rear passenger seat and then moving forward to the front of the car. Removing the floor LED light connector was straight forward, was a decent connector/wire not a ribbon as some earlier models.

All in all, was not super difficult, just took quite a while as I really took my time and did a fair bit of research looking at Mk7 Golfs for hints along the way.

Dose Pipe Sutututu
13-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Congrats!

I'm still waiting for a sale to get the sub cheaper LOL... I did contemplate on getting the Pioneer TS-WX70DA instead but the simplicity and mounting ease of the WX-610A is very tempting.

TS-WX70DA - Pioneer (https://www.pioneer.com.au/shop/car/ts-wx70da/)

Might just bite the bullet and use the 5% sitewide code to get the WX610A

nbolz
13-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Can someone please post information about the stock speakers? Speaker size and tweeter size in the front and rear doors? Are there speakers anywhere else? I am awaiting delivery of my new Tiguan in the first week of September and am trying to tee up a new sound system for it.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Dose Pipe Sutututu
13-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Can someone please post information about the stock speakers? Speaker size and tweeter size in the front and rear doors? Are there speakers anywhere else? I am awaiting delivery of my new Tiguan in the first week of September and am trying to tee up a new sound system for it.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Not saying don't upgrade them, but you should at least audition them first.

They're not bad, just lack that lower end of the frequency spectrum. I have my Treble set at 6/10 and, mids at 2/10 and they are very clear (not as good as my HT) but clear enough. Shts all over the Bose business in the Mazdas with the Lux. Pack, but lacks a bit of bass.

Nothing a sub won't fix :)

Dan_3MPS
17-10-2019, 08:26 AM
Bumping this - ditched my previous setup posted earlier in the thread and installed the Helix 'Plug and Play' sound system upgrade. I grabbed the subwoofer box version rather than the spare tyre version.

Way better! :) Should have done this in the first place rather than mucking around with the underseat sub and amp. Install was very easy, I spent most of my time undoing my previous install wiring.

Now thinking of upgrading the front speakers at a later time and that will be me done. I'm extremely impressed with the sound quality and staging from the Helix setup, the DSP is excellent. Especially considering it's with the factory speakers.

From VW dealers - local RRP is around $775, programming dongle to program the amp with the correct DSP corrections is about $160, that must be done for it to sound good. The local stock programmers don't have 'Program 20' for the Tiguan AD1 on the included SD card, I can post here if anyone wants it, I managed to grab it off the German Tiguan forums after issues with the VW SD card update routine.

iDiesel
17-10-2019, 08:53 PM
Care to share any photos?

Dan_3MPS
21-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Care to share any photos?Sure - there's not that much to look at! Excuse the quality of the 'installed' pic.

Look up part number 000051419A or C. Made by Audiotec-Fischer in Germany, uses 2 of their 6.5" Helix woofers and an unlabelled Amplifier/Digital Signal Processing unit which is a variant of their Match PP50/52 DSP. Comes with VW compatible wiring loom which runs from the head unit, a bit of trim removal and head unit removal is involved to fit it and run the loom through the car, and some moving around blocks in the head unit quadlock plug and the power pins.

Plenty of YouTube videos and written install guides out there. Only took me an hour to do once I got rid of my previous install wiring.

Part A is in stock in Australia, C is a later build run and would have to come from Germany. No physical or functional difference between the two parts, VW Australia will sell you the A revision.

If you need the space to carry stuff, you can unplug it and plug the included 'loop back' plug onto the end of the plug that goes into the Amp/DSP and you have your factory sound again.

The DSP profiles need to be programmed using a separate little unit, can see that in the attached pics

000051419 and the B version are spare tyre cavity mounted. If you have 4 Motion, there's not enough room under the floor for it and the spare tyre, hence the rectangular sub box. You could ditch your spare and just use a repair kit but it would be just your luck that as soon as you remove the spare you'll need it!

In summary:
- Part no. 000051419A is the sub box, amp and wiring loom. Includes the loop back plug in it. Will be called "Sound/Speaker Upgrade Kit". RRP $775 from all Aussie VW dealers.
- Part no. DKS051419A is the Programmer for the DSP fields. Will be called "Soundpaket". This is needed to code the Amp/DSP with the sound processing profile for your car, in our case profile 20 for the MK2 Tiguan. RRP $174. Other countries have people who lend/rent these out as you only need it for about 2 mins. Dealer is unlikely to have one of these so simpler just to buy one.
https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/ad94c1a0f92b49309a45ca7dddf9d286-1.jpghttps://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/c7d470e4185c3a2d3605ae4ef52e09be-1.jpghttps://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/821f3079e324d7deb9a479a03647a64d-1.jpghttps://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/0c46baff15015b1cbeb5b7e18544fce3-1.jpghttps://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/58fe7863f46ea45222351df908921cf9-1.jpghttps://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/2d6d8a363df149e4e085c1da3ebe3e65-1.jpghttps://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/928e25afe8c54a268fb99b967ecbf103-1.jpghttps://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/ba8a2868d111fbf41b3996ee6addbde8-1.jpghttps://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/10/6f2b6065d1930e00b3f097d3eb23fc98-1.jpg