PDA

View Full Version : VW Polo GTI Mk6 REVIEW Exterior/Interior/Facts - Autogefühl

Chuck
30-10-2017, 02:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlKppE4s_F4&t=752s

excellent review .... the urge is building

Will be hard to sell my Evo but getting back into a comfy/economical GTI will ease the pain!

DUBBIN
31-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Ok what's with that dash

Sydneykid
01-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Fortunately we can swap the RED for black :cool:

Cheers
Gary

Chuck
02-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Ok what's with that dash

i think the first mod would be a decent wrap to cover it with something. Hard to say though until i get a look at the colour choices for it. I believe there are many

R_LINE
25-12-2017, 02:12 PM
I'm surprised there isn't a popular polo gti thread.

I am tossing up between a manual polo gti and abarth 595 competizione in manual. I don't care about passenger space as it is for me and fun factor. However I feel abarth would be heaps fun but the polo gti offers extras I will most likely want in the abarth.

Let's hope likeany said that Volkswagen Australia doesn't **** up specs and pricing. It has to be 35k including on roads Max. If any higher then its not going to be worth it when you can get a golf close to its pricing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Chuck
28-12-2017, 12:02 PM
i am very surprised too. Back when i had my 9N3 Polo, the forum was super active.

Is there another VW forum that is more active than this one that I'm not aware of?

I guess chat could ramp up after actual local release...well, i hope it does

Fatherless One
10-01-2018, 11:24 AM
i am very surprised too. Back when i had my 9N3 Polo, the forum was super active.

Is there another VW forum that is more active than this one that I'm not aware of?

ukpolos.net is a good forum

Mi16 Man
27-01-2018, 02:01 PM

I think all the ‘noise’ is over in the Mk7 GTI/R thread. Thinking back, I had a 206 GTi180 ‘way back when’ (2005) and as the family grew (and I got older), so did the size of the cars.

I’ve bucked the trend to offset the sheer size of a Kluger. Downsizing from a Mk6 GTI to a 6C GTI......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sydneykid
14-08-2018, 10:19 AM
I followed, drove alongside and passed a new Polo GTi to work this morning, until he turned off in the direction of VW HO. It was plain white and as a result it looked very bland, just didn't stand out at all in the traffic. The "Volkswagen" (no dealer) number plates were the first thing I noticed (I'm used to seeing VW company cars, so that's the first thing I look for), then the Gti badge, then the wheels. Sitting next to it in traffic it looked quite bit bigger than my 2017 Gti. Must be getting close to launch if they let then out and about in peak hour traffic. The web site still has only "Register Your Interest".

Cheers
Gary

DrWHO
14-08-2018, 02:55 PM
I followed, drove alongside and passed a new Polo GTi to work this morning, until he turned off in the direction of VW HO. It was plain white and as a result it looked very bland, just didn't stand out at all in the traffic.

I saw both a white and a red Polo GTI in Regents Park yesterday about 10 minutes apart. The red one came up behind me and overtook.

vw_alex
22-08-2018, 07:25 PM
I'm surprised there isn't a popular polo gti thread.It's really depressing. I keep checking back here, have been for months but it's dead. This car is going to be awesome and just imagine the tunes that will be available. I can't wait to see what actual drive away prices people are getting. My dealer said most in QLD are only getting 2 cars each at launch

FarQ
27-08-2018, 08:37 PM
saw one at Waverley VW on saturday 25/8. White colour and all the sales people were all over it. I guess its gonna get announced soon.

Sharkie
30-08-2018, 01:48 PM
1st Australian review VW Polo GTI tested: pint-sized pocket rocket grows up (https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/new-cars/vw-polo-gti-review-pintsized-pocket-rocket-grows-up/news-story/a476a2406b14593216411fd3a25d5d42)

Looks pretty good, though getting pricey ..... manual Golf GTI is only $3K more if you add a few options .... :facepalm:

As I said before, no manual no sale to me. And I'm ready to buy .... loving the manual 110TSI Trendline Golf I'm driving most days but its almost time for it to go to my daughter so unless a Polo GTI manual makes its appearance soon, I'll probably buy a 130iN as a runaround.

DrWHO
30-08-2018, 07:35 PM
... getting pricey ..... manual Golf GTI is only $3K more if you add a few options .... :facepalm:

As I said before, no manual no sale to me. And I'm ready to buy .... loving the manual 110TSI Trendline Golf I'm driving most days but its almost time for it to go to my daughter so unless a Polo GTI manual makes its appearance soon, I'll probably buy a 130iN as a runaround.

I think you may see a manual in 2019.

I also looked at the i30N but didn't like the inside much. I opted for a GTI Original with DAP and extended warranty and paid less than the Polo GTI fully spec'd.

VDub Driva
23-10-2018, 03:41 PM
It is a good YouTube channel.
my new Polo GTi should be in my hands at the end of October.
Deep Black Pearl, Sound & Vision, DA, & Luxury Pack.

It’ll be the daily driver. The R is for special occasions.....

EdwinJ
31-10-2018, 04:27 PM
I've got myself the New Polo Beats Edition which comes with many of the GTI options as standard, such as the active info display, red dash and more. Let me know if anyone wanted to see the red in person because it actually looks good, and doesn't need a wrap like I thought I would.

bushman
13-07-2020, 09:43 PM
Manual shts on DSG.
DSG may be quicker on the racetrack/drag, but proper manual for me on the road.
Its about control.