PDA

View Full Version : Service Schedule

Ozsko
29-10-2017, 09:43 PM
I took delivery in January so my car would have been built around November 2016. I got in the car two days ago and it put up a message saying it had 29 days to go for an oil change. Has anyone seen this or are other cars on a kilometre schedule and can it be changed? The car has done less than 10K so I think I will just ignore it.

ope126
29-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Simple as this...

VW Service Schedule - 12mths / 15,000kms (whichever comes first)...however in saying that, if it was a new vehicle (not a demo) 12mths should be in Jan 2018...

You can also view your Build Date and Compliance Dates on your vehicles B Pillars.

Ozsko
29-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Yes, it is a new vehicle delivered in January. I wonder if it was supposed to be re-set during the PD.

Umai Naa!!
29-10-2017, 11:10 PM
I can't remember if the cluster starts counting from the moment it's initially powered up at the assembly plant, or when the car is taken out of transport mode.

Either way, it's a month away from being due by time. You should be able to check what service interval it's set for either in the radio unit, or the cluster, depending on trim level. Should be set for 15K/12months for oil change, and 30K/24months for the inspection service. Bare in mind, that in this market, all services are inspection services, + whatever it's due for on the schedule for time and distance.