PDA

View Full Version : Park Assist???

theitchy
26-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone,

Have you ever tried to park your car into the bay or 90 degree? My Tiguan did not have this function except parallel assist. However on the Tiguan 's VW website, i ve seen this statement " ..Is it true or not? I ve asked the dealership manager about this but he said he will get back to me later on.. ..( dont know when )...Park Assist1Parking's a piece of cake
Using sensors on either side of the front and rear bumpers, together with parking distance sensors front and rear, Park Assist actively helps you 90 degree park, back into a park and get in and out of a parallel park.

xzar
26-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Hi everyone,

Have you ever tried to park your car into the bay or 90 degree? My Tiguan did not have this function except parallel assist. However on the Tiguan 's VW website, i ve seen this statement " ..Is it true or not? I ve asked the dealership manager about this but he said he will get back to me later on.. ..( dont know when )...Park Assist1Parking's a piece of cake
Using sensors on either side of the front and rear bumpers, together with parking distance sensors front and rear, Park Assist actively helps you 90 degree park, back into a park and get in and out of a parallel park.Don't you have to press the park assist button an extra time to switch for 90 degree parking?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

theitchy
26-10-2017, 05:20 PM
I did but it seems does not work. Dealership manager made his confirmation to me about only kerbside parking available on Tiguan before i cited that VW advertised bay parking on its website as well that kept him shut for awhile with confusion then.......wait for answer ....haha

sunnynagi
26-10-2017, 06:04 PM
there are videos on youtube from VW germany that explains how it works

Adz11
26-10-2017, 06:22 PM
there are videos on youtube from VW germany that explains how it works
My dealer demonstrated it when I picked it up so should work fine.

TiggyDriver
26-10-2017, 07:45 PM
The 90 deg park assist works in my Tiggy. Have tried it twice - it was a bit unnerving as it was trying to back into one at an awkward angle, but it worked perfectly.

ABT 162TSI MK2 Tiguan
27-10-2017, 08:14 AM
Parkassist is very sensitive on my Tiggy, and only works when it wants to.

brucea
27-10-2017, 09:45 AM
I've only tried Park Assist in a 90 deg parking bay once. It scanned the first free space and offered to do a 90 degree reverse park but I kept going forwards and then it scanned 2 empty 90 degree bays and offered to parallel park in them. The all-around cameras make parking so easy that I just haven't found the need for Park Assist.

cameleon72
28-10-2017, 12:04 AM
Same here, Tiguan 132TSI comfortline with no DAP only has parallel assist parking working , there is definitely no 90 degree functions ;( VW cheating again , on my old Q3 2015 if you press twice parks assist button it change on display from Parallel to 90 Degree and vice versa , VW crippled definitely this function for some reason? I see there is option to activate in VCDS long coding when log to park assist module but when try to code it will not accept out of range functions so restricted error....( I don't know if require special security code those find on net for GOLF MK7 accept but seems does not work , for some reason even hardware is capable is only software coding restricted thing.

theitchy
28-10-2017, 09:19 AM
I tried to park the car into bay in my very first driving test, it did not detect or caculate any marking lines and spaces while im trying to let it perform 90 degree parking. After almost 8 months having this car with so many times succeeded in paralell parking, i never had ever can figured out how to make this car doing its 90 degree job. And recently, the front sensors shut down itself after few minutes snailing in M5 tunnel until it got out of tunnel..... time for sensors backed in operation varied depending on when it feel likes .... weird ....i will carry out more tests and records it down before the first service is due. Please share if you are encountering technical issues that happening with the new Tech Tiger .... thanks

wiredless
30-10-2017, 05:06 PM
I tried to park the car into bay in my very first driving test, it did not detect or caculate any marking lines and spaces while im trying to let it perform 90 degree parking. After almost 8 months having this car with so many times succeeded in paralell parking, i never had ever can figured out how to make this car doing its 90 degree job. And recently, the front sensors shut down itself after few minutes snailing in M5 tunnel until it got out of tunnel..... time for sensors backed in operation varied depending on when it feel likes .... weird ....i will carry out more tests and records it down before the first service is due. Please share if you are encountering technical issues that happening with the new Tech Tiger .... thanks

I have a MY17 comfortline with DAP and the Luxury pack. I can confirm that it can perform 90 degree parking. I don't think it uses line markings. However it does need to line up a space between two cars.

I tried it once when there was two bays and it decided it had enough space to parallel park instead of 90 degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TiggyDriver
31-10-2017, 10:30 AM
I have a MY17 comfortline with DAP and the Luxury pack. I can confirm that it can perform 90 degree parking. I don't think it uses line markings. However it does need to line up a space between two cars.

I tried it once when there was two bays and it decided it had enough space to parallel park instead of 90 degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're right - it definitely does not use line markings when performing the 90 degree park. I tried the Park Assist for a 90 deg park in between a pole and another car. It parked perfectly in between in terms of distance between the pole and the adjacent car, however it was skewed to one side in terms of the line markings.

spacemannz
31-10-2017, 10:34 AM
You're right - it definitely does not use line markings when performing the 90 degree park. I tried the Park Assist for a 90 deg park in between a pole and another car. It parked perfectly in between in terms of distance between the pole and the adjacent car, however it was skewed to one side in terms of the line markings.

I tried it in an empty car park and it lined up the middle of three empty spots using only the lines. I think perhaps it considers all factors.

It took a couple of attempts because it kept indicating it was going to parallel park. Toggling the park switch didn’t switch modes. Eventually I THINK turning the wheels like I was going to reverse into the space caused it to change to 90deg mode. Wife was in the car and getting cranky after 10 min of scientific parking analysis so I didn’t try to investigate further 😂

TiggyDriver
31-10-2017, 10:53 AM
I tried it in an empty car park and it lined up the middle of three empty spots using only the lines. I think perhaps it considers all factors.

It took a couple of attempts because it kept indicating it was going to parallel park. Toggling the park switch didn’t switch modes. Eventually I THINK turning the wheels like I was going to reverse into the space caused it to change to 90deg mode. Wife was in the car and getting cranky after 10 min of scientific parking analysis so I didn’t try to investigate further 

Hmm that's very interesting. Guess I am going to have to do some more experimenting with the Park Assist and try it in an open spot with only line markings. To be honest, I don't know when I would really find the 90 deg park assist useful. The car has so many sensors and cameras to make things very easy, but it is fun to play with (until your passenger gets cranky with you wasting time lol).

brucea
31-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Eventually I THINK turning the wheels like I was going to reverse into the space caused it to change to 90deg mode. Wife was in the car and getting cranky after 10 min of scientific parking analysis so I didn’t try to investigate further 

That's an interesting thought. I haven't used it often enough to work out how to get it to change modes and when I have used it there's been someone impatient either in the car or behind me and I haven't been able to experiment.

spacemannz
31-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Agree the hardest part is finding some ‘alone time’ with my new German girlfriend to push all her buttons and spin her dials. The wife gets a bit jealous.

Ozsko
31-10-2017, 06:06 PM
The car has so many sensors and cameras to make things very easy

This car has three mirrors and a camera, they are all the sensors needed. :)

Hugo_nz
02-11-2017, 06:59 AM
Mine does alley and parallel parking. I never use it though as the surround cameras make parking a breeze (and my parking skills are excellent event without those).