PDA

View Full Version : Strange Engine Noise

ABT 162TSI MK2 Tiguan
23-10-2017, 01:51 PM
When I start up my car I can hear a strange noise. Shortly after, it goes away. It sounds mechanical and doesnt sound good. Any idea what it is??

Delewin
23-10-2017, 02:04 PM
When I start up my car I can hear a strange noise. Shortly after, it goes away. It sounds mechanical and doesnt sound good. Any idea what it is??A bit more info would greatly assist before any diagnosis can be attempted. My suggestion is to take to your local dealer's service centre and ask someone to have a listen.

In the mean time. Check your oil level.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

smarty
23-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Mine makes a noise on startup only way to describe is it like a quiet little medium pitched horn sound, it’s like something being primed or something

ABT 162TSI MK2 Tiguan
23-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Mine makes a noise on startup only way to describe is it like a quiet little medium pitched horn sound, it’s like something being primed or something

Same with mine, except it sounds more like mechanical whirring/grinding.

sVWatt
24-10-2017, 12:54 PM

My GTI did that, and my S3 has a life of its own. Even just unlocking the doors with the remote keyfob seems to initiate a whole set of sequences under the bonnet, including several relays chattering, fuel lines pressurising and lots of whines and whizzes :)