PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Pressure Monitoring System not working.

ABT 162TSI MK2 Tiguan
17-10-2017, 09:16 PM
I have been trying to check my tyre pressures as stated in the owners manual, but I am unable to. Although no warning lights are on. I was thinking that this maybe a system glitch on my Tiguan. Help is appreciated!

Bora Sport
17-10-2017, 11:46 PM
I'm not up to date with the latest cars but certainly on the cars that I have the tyre pressure monitoring system just monitors the rotations of the various wheels in relation to each other using the ABS sensors on each wheel and when it detects that one wheel is rotating faster it determines that the tyre must be losing pressure (due to the smaller rolling radius) and a warning light comes up in the cluster.

Chocolate_Bear
18-10-2017, 06:41 AM
I have been trying to check my tyre pressures as stated in the owners manual, but I am unable to. Although no warning lights are on. I was thinking that this maybe a system glitch on my Tiguan. Help is appreciated!

I doubt it’s a glitch.. I had a low tyre pressure warning come up after pressure was filled on one tyre and not the others. I went to the station and filled them all up at the same bar and then reset the tyre monitoring on the infotainment. There is nothing to show the pressure. It’s an alert and you should reset it when you fill air on all tyres.

Tiguan 162tsi Rline fully loaded - NSW

ABT 162TSI MK2 Tiguan
18-10-2017, 08:11 AM
My Tiguan doesn't show the tyre pressures like this >

Chocolate_Bear
18-10-2017, 08:29 AM

Mine neither !

Tiguan 162tsi Rline fully loaded - NSW

IsDon
18-10-2017, 08:30 AM

The photo you sent is for vehicles fitted with active tyre pressure monitoring. We don't get that in Australia. I believe the kiwis do, along with head up display and other niceties.

Despite what your manual may say, we have the passive system using ABS sensors as described above. You won't get a reading of the pressures in each tyre, but you will get a warning if you're driving on a deflated tyre. Provided you have initialised it by first pumping your tyres to the correct pressure and resetting it on the infotainment system.

smarty
18-10-2017, 08:40 AM
It maybe something that you could retrofit if we could code it in?

1K0907253D - OEM Set of 4 VW/Audi Tire Pressure Sensors (TPMS) - Deutsche Auto Parts (https://shopdap.com//vw-audi-tpms-tire-pressure-sensor-1k0907253d.html)