PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone service at McGrath?

Bubu
20-01-2008, 05:11 AM
Does anyone here service their car at McGrath in Liverpool?

What has been your experience?

I just bought my new car from there and wondering should I service it there or maybe Parramatta.

VW_SERVICE_MGR
11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi Bubu,

I have heard McGrath have recently had a new service manager who is doing well, but can't same the same for Parra.

Hope this helps.

Bubu
12-04-2008, 03:55 AM
I was actually after more info in regards to their competence and service. I did work experience at a 'certain' dealer service centre and I was not really impressed with the work they do.

Are you a service manager at McGrath? Your user name implies you are a service manager, but at which dealer?

Spoddy
12-04-2008, 07:57 AM

I just bought my new car from there and wondering should I service it there or maybe Parramatta.

If you can get to Penrith all the better - very good on all counts.

VW_SERVICE_MGR
12-04-2008, 10:59 AM
I was actually after more info in regards to their competence and service. I did work experience at a 'certain' dealer service centre and I was not really impressed with the work they do.

Are you a service manager at McGrath? Your user name implies you are a service manager, but at which dealer?

Hi Bubu,

All i can say is i have heard good things about Liverpool.

If you are un sure of the service departments level of skill or work ethics call in to the service department. Ask to speek to the manager and voice your concerns and ask him to run through what happens.

Ask how many Technicians they have and how long with the brand

If your not happy or feel at ease then try someone else

Yes i am a manager, but sorry can't tell the dealership.

Cheers

shami
12-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Their pretty good wen i first got my car. The service manager then went out of his way to fix a few things...

MissVuks
12-04-2008, 04:06 PM
My dad knows one of the guys who works in the service dept at VW L'pool (im pretty sure my dad said hes one of the service managers?) and hes very reliable. I wouldn't take my car elsewhere because i know he would take care of me or else dad will fix him up LOL but in all seriousness, they have the extended warranty too if you stay loyal and service your car there for the full 3 years too..

They also have the courtesy bus which drops you off at westfields if need be. They picked me up from school on friday afternoon which was awesome cos my lift left without me LOL.. I had a courtesy call the other day to see how my warranty work was going which was nice.

I used to service my barina (at mc grath) and never had problems. The only thing that kinda peeved me was they'd quote me a price over the phone. Then i'd come in with my dad to book it in (this is holden mind you) and all of a sudden it'd be cheaper some how.. We'll see how VW fairs when my first service is up.

Also my dad and mum both service their cars at Subaru and Mazda (both mc grath) and never have problems either. If anything is not up to scratch they fix it straight away. If parts arent available they are ordered pretty much straight away. Their customer service is pretty good.

golf08
25-04-2008, 11:13 PM

Parramatta is far better than McGraths I assure you. The workshop is in view of the reception via class petition you see how they are managing the cars it's all good.

Golf Loon
26-04-2008, 08:45 AM
I have customers who will never go back to McGraths and their VW experience is limited on the phone. All their staff ask for a VIN number, even if they have the part number. I bully my way through untill I get the parts manager who actually knows how to use Etka and doesnt need a VIN number!

One lady from this area had a new MAF fitted to her Transporter by McGraths and they didnt plug it in!!

GTom
26-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Anyone know if hornsby have good service?

Jmac
26-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Hey Loon you have touched on a very valid point mate. Im over having to give them a Vin , coz even then they get it wrong!!!!!!!!! I give the part number say for an A4 switch of some sort - they then say thats a passat number or something - My response to that is hey doesnt matter if it fits a bloody Hyundai thats the bit i want !!!! How bloody frustrating, gone are the days mate where the parts man had at least an idea where the location of part was. I agree the VIN is the DNA of the vehicle but to get it wrong then is woefull.
Jmac ( i feel your pain believe me);)