PDA

View Full Version : ACC Dash Icon

Ozsko
10-09-2017, 07:20 PM
I noticed today that when I am using ACC it has acquired another appended icon that appears at about 10 o'clock on the ACC icon. It comes and goes and my suspicion is it indicates that ALG is active but at the same time the two green lines stay green. Has anyone else encountered this?

While I am here I may as well ask if anyone else has experienced the following. If I set the ACC and then change the speed in 10 kph increments and then immediately try and fine tune the speed setting by one or two kph using the set and resume buttons the speed change does not happen in one kph increments but in four or five kph incremental jumps. if I leave it for a while and use the set and resume button the changes occur as they should in one kph increments.

kamold
10-09-2017, 08:00 PM
I don't know about the mqb acc but with the PQ platform ACC when the radar has a lock on a vehicle in front it shows a car icon at 10 o'clock above the cruise speedo icon.
cant help with the set and resume stuff as mine is with a stalk (pull towards you for a 1kmh increase, up for next 10kmh increment and down for previous 10kmh increment whereas yours is on the steering wheel buttons correct?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

sharp
10-09-2017, 08:12 PM
I noticed today that when I am using ACC it has acquired another appended icon that appears at about 10 o'clock on the ACC icon. It comes and goes and my suspicion is it indicates that ALG is active but at the same time the two green lines stay green. Has anyone else encountered this?

While I am here I may as well ask if anyone else has experienced the following. If I set the ACC and then change the speed in 10 kph increments and then immediately try and fine tune the speed setting by one or two kph using the set and resume buttons the speed change does not happen in one kph increments but in four or five kph incremental jumps. if I leave it for a while and use the set and resume button the changes occur as they should in one kph increments.

If there is a car at 10 o'clock it's ACC. If there is no car (i.e only arrow) at 10 o'clock it's the speed limiter only. If there is an arrow at 10 o'clock there is no car detected in front. If there is an arrow at 2 o'clock there is a car detected in front.

Ozsko
10-09-2017, 08:21 PM
The things we don't notice, I don't recall seeing it before. I just went for another drive and it did not come on but there are no cars about at this time of night where I live. I had a look through the manual but my manual only has the analogue dash in it with no explanation of the TFT dash so I would like a manual that explains it fully to satisfy my OCD tendencies!!

I just looked at the manual under ACC and you are quite right. VW manuals are not the best thing to find stuff in. Why can't they just have a dashboard with all icons labeled in one place? That would be too easy. Kamold, thanks for taking the time to reply.

sharp
10-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Why can't they just have a dashboard with all icons labeled in one place? That would be too easy. Kamold, thanks for taking the time to reply.
I know. I found it annoying too.

Ozsko
10-09-2017, 08:30 PM
If there is a car at 10 o'clock it's ACC. If there is no car (i.e only arrow) at 10 o'clock it's the speed limiter only. If there is an arrow at 10 o'clock there is no car detected in front. If there is an arrow at 2 o'clock there is a car detected in front.

That is not what is on page 212 of my manual.

Arrow at 10 o'clock..ACC active no car detected ahead

Car Icon at 10 o'clock/arrow at 2 o'clock...vehicle detected

Speed Limiter at 2 o'clock...ACC & speed limiter active

Arrow at 2 o'clock....ACC & cruise control active

What the last one is I haven't a clue

sharp
10-09-2017, 10:23 PM
The things we don't notice, I don't recall seeing it before. I just went for another drive and it did not come on but there are no cars about at this time of night where I live. I had a look through the manual but my manual only has the analogue dash in it with no explanation of the TFT dash so I would like a manual that explains it fully to satisfy my OCD tendencies!!

I just looked at the manual under ACC and you are quite right. VW manuals are not the best thing to find stuff in. Why can't they just have a dashboard with all icons labeled in one place? That would be too easy. Kamold, thanks for taking the time to reply.

That is not what is on page 212 of my manual.

Arrow at 10 o'clock..ACC active no car detected ahead

Car Icon at 10 o'clock/arrow at 2 o'clock...vehicle detected

Speed Limiter at 2 o'clock...ACC & speed limiter active

Arrow at 2 o'clock....ACC & cruise control active

What the last one is I haven't a clue

One thing I'm sure of (after 4 months of driving this car) if there's no car at 10 o'clock you don't have the ACC activated. Press the I/0 button again to activate it. Then if there is a car detected in front you see it in the big lane guidance icon ( between two lines).

Ozsko
10-09-2017, 10:44 PM
One thing I'm sure of (after 4 months of driving this car) if there's no car at 10 o'clock you don't have the ACC activated. Press the I/0 button again to activate it. Then if there is a car detected in front you see it in the big lane guidance icon ( between two lines).

Not so on my car and I use ACC every time I drive it because I live in the bush. I drove it 10 k's tonight with no car in front of me and the appended icon did not appear but the ACC was driving the car and holding the set speed. Perhaps there might be a terminology misunderstanding as happened with Lane Assist and Active Lane Guidance. BTW I have had this car since January and have never turned ACC off. Perhaps it might be better to say that the Icon not appearing means the ACC is on (green) but unless a car is in front the icon does not appear at 10 o'clock as it appearance on the screen indicates that the ACC has detected a car in front. Why I need a small blob I can hardly see on the dash to do that is one of the mysteries of the world.

sharp
11-09-2017, 08:05 AM
the ACC was driving the car and holding the set speed
That's not ACC, it's just the normal cruise control. ACC (that holds a fixed distance with the car in front) requires the car symbol at 10 o'clock.

Ozsko
11-09-2017, 10:00 AM
That's not ACC, it's just the normal cruise control. ACC (that holds a fixed distance with the car in front) requires the car symbol at 10 o'clock.

So if ACC is not activated when I come up behind another car nothing should happen and I crash into the back of it?

sharp
11-09-2017, 01:18 PM
So if ACC is not activated when I come up behind another car nothing should happen and I crash into the back of it?

You'd get closer and closer to the car in front and then front assist would warn you first and eventually stop you, I reckon.

Ozsko
11-09-2017, 02:08 PM
You'd get closer and closer to the car in front and then front assist would warn you first and eventually stop you, I reckon.

The manual does not mention this mode of manual cruise control for my car, how do I get into it as my car only has ACC according to the knob on the end of the trafficator stalk.

sharp
11-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Stalk? I thought all ACC controls on the steering wheel.

Looks like our controls and icons are really different. I can't help you, sorry.

Page 43 of this owners manual shows the controls for the ACC (at least for my car).

Tiguan Owners manual - Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5hT9R4nG0yiNW42OWJkUVFRckk)

Ozsko
11-09-2017, 02:58 PM
ignore my reference to the stalk at the moment, I need to know how to activate the manual form of CC you speak on a 162 because I want to use it.

VW Convert
11-09-2017, 03:04 PM
VW manuals are not the best thing to find stuff in. Why can't they just have a dashboard with all icons labeled in one place?

Now you're just being silly! LOL

Cheers

George

sharp
11-09-2017, 03:23 PM
ignore my reference to the stalk at the moment, I need to know how to activate the manual form of CC you speak on a 162 because I want to use it.

For me, pressing the Mode button switches the mode from CC to ACC and vice versa.

Ozsko
14-09-2017, 06:17 PM
For me, pressing the Mode button switches the mode from CC to ACC and vice versa.

On mine i switches form ACC to Speed limiter. I tried disabling front assist thinking it might disable ACC but no cigar, ACC is always active and has a set distance the driver sets and is always looking for a car ahead whether there is one there or not. The distance setting on the dash never goes away in other words and with no front assist when the car catches a car in front the distance setting slows the car down so front assist has nothing to do with it.