PDA

View Full Version : So where do Tiguans come from?

sVWatt
31-08-2017, 09:27 PM
I bought my Audi S3 and it was assembled in Hungary.
I bought my Fiat 500 and it came from Poland.
I can see the Audi Q3 comes from Spain, but where does an Australian delivered VW Tiguan actually get assembled?
Germany, Mexico, India or Malaysia?

FirstTimeDubber
31-08-2017, 09:28 PM
I bought my Audi S3 and it was assembled in Hungary.
I bought my Fiat 500 and it came from Poland.
I can see the Audi Q3 comes from Spain, but where does an Australian delivered VW Tiguan actually get assembled?
Germany, Mexico, India or Malaysia?

Wolfsburg, Germany

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sVWatt
31-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Brilliant - been a while since I've had a product brand come from the parent country.

Umai Naa!!
31-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Just about everything we get here comes from somewhere in Europe these days.

Amarok is Argentina, though.

We used to get a lot of Golfs and Jettas from South Africa. Beetle came from Mexico, as did a lot of Jettas, and I think... the Golf wagon.

jets
31-08-2017, 10:37 PM
From what I understand, the 11th no. from the left in your VIN no. shows the manufacturing plant. In my case our golf is a letter U which is the first letter in the name of the city in South Africa. Our Tiguan is a letter W for Wolfsburg. Our T4 is a letter H for Hannover.

spacemannz
31-08-2017, 10:48 PM
When a Touareg and a Golf love each other very much, they get married and make a Tiguan.
The storks deliver them on boats from Germany.

sVWatt
31-08-2017, 11:33 PM
:bricks:

When a Touareg and a Golf love each other very much, they get married and make a Tiguan.

spacemannz
01-09-2017, 07:54 AM
The long wheelbase 'Tiguan Allspace' arriving in Oz next year will likely be made in Mexico.
The current versions we are all lusting after all come from Wolfsburg, Germany.

Cobwebs
01-09-2017, 03:32 PM
I did hear a comment, on a youtube review, that Tigs would also be manufactured in India, presumably for the Asian market. That is certainly not happening at the moment.

Umai Naa!!
01-09-2017, 05:17 PM
We won't be getting any of those. We don't even get the China-built cars.

JustCruisn
01-09-2017, 05:48 PM

I came here to say this.
but they dont need to be married however.

Hillbilly
01-09-2017, 07:18 PM
Our Polo came from SA The Passat from Emden Germany

Orpheus2k
08-11-2018, 06:20 AM
The Tiguan Wolfsburg edition is made in Wolfsburg, Germany and closest port is Hamburg for shipping. I know this because I've ordered a Wolfsburg edition car.

tigger73
08-11-2018, 07:07 AM
Have a look at the VIN and then use an online VIN decoder. The factory of manufacture is a 3 digit code in the VIN.

As others have said Australian delivered Tiguan is manufactured in Wolfsburg Germany and the Allspace comes from the plant in Mexico ( which also makes for US market).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orpheus2k
08-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Have a look at the VIN and then use an online VIN decoder. The factory of manufacture is a 3 digit code in the VIN.

As others have said Australian delivered Tiguan is manufactured in Wolfsburg Germany and the Allspace comes from the plant in Mexico ( which also makes for US market).

Tigger, can tools available to check the shipment of new cars via the VIN? Wallenius shipping don’t have this feature anymore [emoji3064]

Hillbilly
08-11-2018, 10:44 AM
This will answer your question List of Volkswagen Group factories - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_factories)

Has the letter for each factory in your vin

My polo is from SA and Passat from Germany

All hail Google LOL

Dutch77
08-11-2018, 10:53 AM
I came here to say this.
but they dont need to be married however.

Some small l liberals would even suggest two Golfs could do it on their own.

MrSteve
08-11-2018, 08:59 PM
I asked my dealer nicely and they gave me the name of the ship my Tiguan was on, I then used tracking websites to see where is was in the world. The ship passed via Mexico and Germany, when I got the VIN number and looked up the codes, yes it also came from Germany. (Oh yes I went down to the docks when the ship arrived to get a photo of it.)