PDA

View Full Version : Do you have Main Beam Assist?

Adelbaran
22-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Read in the manual that there is a feature called Main Beam Assist where it can automatically turn off your high beam so it doesn't dazzle oncoming traffic. I have got a 140 TDI Highline with the Active Corning LED headlight as part of the luxury package, however, I can't seem to find any symbols on the high beam stalk that indicate how to turn the feature on, or do I even have it?

Anyone?

Wynnston
22-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Read in the manual that there is a feature called Main Beam Assist where it can automatically turn off your high beam so it doesn't dazzle oncoming traffic. I have got a 140 TDI Highline with the Active Corning LED headlight as part of the luxury package, however, I can't seem to find any symbols on the high beam stalk that indicate how to turn the feature on, or do I even have it?

Anyone?

It's not enabled in Australian cars. You need someone to enable High Beam Assist with VCDS or OBDEleven. It's still not that good though. It's a little hit and miss and it's designed to only work on speeds over 60ish km/h.

Janko
23-08-2017, 01:50 PM
I too would like to have it enabled.Does it make the factory warranty void?Is there a place in Melbourne where I can get it enabled?

ope126
23-08-2017, 01:54 PM
There are a number of threads within the VCDS coding section regarding this.

I wish it was active from the factory!

Myself personally, I can not get it to work!:mad: