PDA

View Full Version : 4x100 to 5x130

Spyda
18-01-2008, 06:18 PM
I need addapters :confused::D

I have no idea where to get them. I asked a wheel place and they said they need measurements. Does anyone have any measurements, ofset, thread, etc.?

Help guys, anyone in melbourne know of a place?

Spyda
19-01-2008, 06:21 PM
BUMP

Does anyone know where i can get them made up?

WABIT
19-01-2008, 06:28 PM
h&r do it... look up the website mate :D

wabit

rayray086
19-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Motorsport Technology in America makes two-piece adapters that they can make in the configuration you want. http://www.motorsport-tech.com/adapters.htm

They can get pretty expensive, but there's not a lot of places you can go to that does these kind of adapters.

As for sizes, there's a lot to consider.

Firstly, work out what you want your final offset to be (taking into consideration the width of the wheels of course), and subtract from the original offset of the wheels. This will give you your adapter thickness. For example - on an 8", if you want an offset of ET20 and your wheels are ET45, then you need adapters made to be 25mm thick.

Secondly, you'll need special lugs to attach the adapter on. Find out the thread size of your Mk1/Mk2 (if they're the same as the 4x100 Mk3, it should be M12x1.5), and specify for the adapter lugs to be that.

Thirdly, the adapter studs to attach the wheel on. With my adapters, I had them make pressed studs as I had nuts that came with my wheels. If you're in the same position, or want to run nuts, find out the thread size of the nuts, and have them make studs in that thread size. Otherwise, you can get them to arrange this part. Just make sure they include the necessary hardware to have your wheels bolt on to the adapter.

Lastly, you have to arrange the centrebore sizes of the adapter as it's better for the adapters to be hubcentric. I'm sure all Golfs are 57.1mm so tell them you want the adapters to be fitted on to hubs with a 57.1mm centrebore. Next is the centrebore size of the wheels. You can have them make the adapters so that they're wheel-centric so you can slide the wheels straight on (safest!). What you can also do is tell them not to make it wheel-centric so that you can fit on all kinds of wheels with that stud pattern. I'm guessing with 5x130 they'd be Porsche wheels, so I suppose you can get them to make the adapters wheel-centric - all Porsche wheels have the same centrebore size right?

Anyway, hope this helps!

Spyda
19-01-2008, 11:35 PM
:confused: my head hurts.

I think ill just go for the H&R adapters as i dont want my wheels falling off and I cbf stuffing around with all that size and numbers.

Where do i get H&R adapters from? Isnt there a H&R dealer in Sydney?

rayray086
19-01-2008, 11:49 PM
I think ill just go for the H&R adapters as i dont want my wheels falling off and I cbf stuffing around with all that size and numbers.

A brand name means **** all if you end up getting the wrong adapters. I knew nothing about them before I started looking at buying one and ended up researching all the bits I needed to know to find an appropriate shop to make me the adapters I want. It helps to understand all the numbers as the makers of your adapters will be throwing numbers at you too.

Point is, just research before forking out your hard-earned.

Where do i get H&R adapters from? Isnt there a H&R dealer in Sydney?

I think TCCA Motorsport (http://www.tccamotorsport.com.au/) does them.

Spyda
19-01-2008, 11:55 PM
A brand name means **** all if you end up getting the wrong adapters. I knew nothing about them before I started looking at buying one and ended up researching all the bits I needed to know to find an appropriate shop to make me the adapters I want. It helps to understand all the numbers as the makers of your adapters will be throwing numbers at you too.

Point is, just research before forking out your hard-earned.

I think TCCA Motorsport (http://www.tccamotorsport.com.au/) does them.

Well i take it that going with a brand that everyone is recomending will be a better choise then workin it all out for myself. I figure if I get adapters that are made to suit mk2 golfs and porsche wheels there is less chance of things going wrong. I just have to work out offsets then.
With the custom ones, there are alot more variables and a lot more stuff i can screw up.
How much would i be saving if i was to get them made rather then get H&R gear?