PDA

View Full Version : Hugo's Coding Thread - You will LOVE this!

Hugo_nz
18-08-2017, 07:25 AM
So, a bit of backstory. When I had my BMW 6-er and 7-er I did quite a bit of coding. I managed to enable things that were not possible (according to the coding community enthusiasts and BMW). This included remote roof operation (6-er, without extra modules), Dension Gateway integration into the 7-er (again, not even Dension believed this possible), and much more. Now I have the Tiguan, and boy is this going to be fun. I spent an hour this morning fiddling with OBDEleven and managed to enable a couple of neat features. I will update this thread with instructions soon :-)

DISCLAIMER: INFORMATION PRESENTED IS PURELY ACADEMIC AND SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ATTEMPT ANY OF THIS ON YOUR OWN CAR YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

My Car:
Tiguan Highline 2.0 TSI 4Motion | Build Week 10 2017 | Discover Media Nav | ACC with TJA, Lane Assist, Side Assist, etc.

1) Wifi (connect and hotspot)
I have Discover Media with Nav. By all accounts, WiFi should only be available on Discover Pro. It is enabled and working on my Tig. It can connect to my iPhone's hotspot, and my iPhone can connect to the car. Next up will be enabling online services to work when the Tig is connected to my phone.

Step 1: 5F Information Control Unit -> Long Coding -> byte_24_WLAN_Module -> activated (default Not activated)
Step 2: 5F Information Control Unit -> Adaption -> Vehicle configuration -> WIFI_Hotspot -> on (default off)

https://youtu.be/W4weTaLu_-I

2) New Discover Skin
Yup, my Discover now looks like the new generation headunits. This is particularly cool since the grid layout makes more sense, but I hate the glass screen on the new units. This gives the best of both worlds. There are a couple of options to choose from. This is option 5.

Process: 5F Information Control Unit -> Long Coding -> byte_17_Skinning -> Skin_5 (Default is Skin_1)

3) Gold AID Theme
Pretty simple, looks great. (followed NZ_GolfR's how-to)

Process: 17 Dash Board -> Adaption -> Display depiction -> Version 3 (Default is Version 1)

4) High Beam Assist
My Tig has the basic LED lights, and this works just fine.

Step 1: 09 Central Electrics -> Adaption -> Fernlicht_assistent -> Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung -> AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS (default AFS, Fernlicht ueber AFS)
Step 2: 09 Central Electrics -> Adaption ->Fernlicht_assistent -> Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent -> Present (default Not present)
Step 3: A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System -> Long coding -> AFS_coding_Light_Assist -> High_Beam_Assist (default no_Light_Assist)

5) CarNet and Media Control
I have got bot of these coded and showing up in the menu. Carnet tries to connect but fails (I don't think this will ever work owing to registration requirements) and media control connects from the phone but gives an error that it has not been enabled in the car. Will continue working on this one.

6) Traffic Sign Recognition
Showing under Car settings. Need to do the coding in the A5 module to enable it. Will report back.

7) Acoustic Lock/Unlock
Dead simple and gives extra assurance when locking/unlocking from a distance. Appears as an option in Car settings.

NZ_GolfR
18-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Nice one. Care to share the coding for the new Discover Skin? Keen to see if this works on mine.

Hugo_nz
18-08-2017, 08:00 AM
Info added :)

NZ_GolfR
18-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Tried the New Discover Skin but doesn't work on mine (think I had already played with that coding when I was changing the AID skin) all it does is align everything to the right:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/6e69bc84030d07b75a9124581c7d2970-1.jpg

I notice that mine is a totally different part number to your so it is possible that only works on the new model or it could be mine needs a software update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NW3192
18-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Hi. There seems to be some cool features you can enable with the right tech and know how - but for a novice it seems a bit much - and I worry I'd brick my Tig. Is there anyone who does this for a fee?

Hugo_nz
18-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Tried the New Discover Skin but doesn't work on mine (think I had already played with that coding when I was changing the AID skin) all it does is align everything to the right:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/6e69bc84030d07b75a9124581c7d2970-1.jpg

I notice that mine is a totally different part number to your so it is possible that only works on the new model or it could be mine needs a software update.

Is yours Disco Pro or Media?

NZ_GolfR
18-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Discover Pro with DYNAUDIO, don't know if that makes it a different model number.

Hugo_nz
18-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Discover Pro with DYNAUDIO, don't know if that makes it a different model number.

It would as mine is Discover Media with Nav. Do you have several options to choose from under skin in long coding?

NZ_GolfR
18-08-2017, 10:54 AM
It would as mine is Discover Media with Nav. Do you have several options to choose from under skin in long coding?

That would explain it, I just assumed yours was the Discover Pro as well. Yes, there are quite a few different skins options (7 I think from memory). I will have a play with the others later and see if any do a layout like this.

Hugo_nz
18-08-2017, 11:09 AM
That would explain it, I just assumed yours was the Discover Pro as well. Yes, there are quite a few different skins options (7 I think from memory). I will have a play with the others later and see if any do a layout like this.

I couldn't justify the $4500 cost for Pro. I have no need for a hard drive, and nav on one display is enough :-)

NZ_GolfR
18-08-2017, 11:53 AM
I couldn't justify the $4500 cost for Pro. I have no need for a hard drive, and nav on one display is enough :-)

Fair enough. I went R Line so came with the Discover Pro as standard. I really wanted DYNAUDIO (did a custom Alpine upgrade in my Golf R and didn't want to go backwards in sound quality) so decided to not go with sunroof and get this instead and save a bit of money.

Hugo_nz
18-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Fair enough. I went R Line so came with the Discover Pro as standard. I really wanted DYNAUDIO (did a custom Alpine upgrade in my Golf R and didn't want to go backwards in sound quality) so decided to not go with sunroof and get this instead and save a bit of money.

I had Dynaudio in my CC..it was OK. Not a match for the HK setups I have had in previous cars. But, tbh the stock sound in the Tig is pretty damn good.

NZ_GolfR
18-08-2017, 12:27 PM
I had Dynaudio in my CC..it was OK. Not a match for the HK setups I have had in previous cars. But, tbh the stock sound in the Tig is pretty damn good.

I read the earlier model VW with DYNAUDIO weren't that impressive but what is in the Tig is much better. I would say a big step up on the stock ones (had a few of them to drive now while the dealer has sorted out various things). The sub definitely packs a good punch!

smarty
18-08-2017, 12:50 PM
When you guys load up your OBDeleven, is the correct model car shown (i.e 2017 MY tiguan R line)?
in 'my garage' mines showing up as the older car and i cant change it

NZ_GolfR
18-08-2017, 12:52 PM
When you guys load up your OBDeleven, is the correct model car shown (i.e 2017 MY tiguan R line)?
in 'my garage' mines showing up as the older car and i cant change it

Yes, mine came up with the correct model car although I did change the photo so it was a white R Line to match my car.

NZ_GolfR
18-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Tried all the different variations for the Skins but none of them had the same result as on your car. Either it is because it is running older software or that layout isn't supported on this model of the Discover Pro system. Is a pity as I hate the scrolling layout it currently has, makes it very hard to easily find the option you want.

smarty
18-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Yes, mine came up with the correct model car although I did change the photo so it was a white R Line to match my car.

Ok odd, in my info section its noted down as a 2017 Tiguan R Line 162 etc..
Just the picture where you can edit or modify, notes it as a 2011 model and i cant change it
also the 'default apps and gauge changes' you can make also seem to point and look like the earlier model ones.
I wonder if i can delete the car from the garage and start again, possibly something i clicked on the initial scan maybe

Hugo_nz
18-08-2017, 01:42 PM
My (short) experience with the OBDEleven app is that...if all else fails...clear the app data from the Android settings menu.

NZ_GolfR
18-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Yes and also make sure you have the latest version of the app, if it is outdated then it might not have the correct images so defaulting to older model.

bestyjny
18-08-2017, 04:17 PM
So, a bit of backstory

There is other thread with coding on this BB where with DV52 we shared our tweaks. It's easier for others to use one thread with coding, rather than searching for multiple threads.

cabby09
19-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Worked on my non nav composition media 6.5inch as well

Regdop
22-08-2017, 06:29 AM
6) Traffic Sign Recognition
Showing under Car settings. Need to do the coding in the A5 module to enable it. Will report back.

Could you please share the coding! I noticed you said it works on another thread..... Cheers!

Hugo_nz
22-08-2017, 06:43 AM
Could you please share the coding! I noticed you said it works on another thread..... Cheers!

Sure thing (credit to NZ_GolfR). http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_150334827322015&key=6b85f23da221d5c8d47e9c6917e8959c&libId=j6mmoott01000dsl000DAf2m748va&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vwwatercooled.com.au%2Fforums %2Ff238%2Ftraffic-jam-assist-119112-11.html%23post1237586&v=1&out=https%3A%2F%2Foncall-my.sharepoint.com%2Fpersonal%2Faaron_oncall_co_nz% 2F_layouts%2F15%2Fguestaccess.aspx%3Ffolderid%3D0f 4dc463396db4edb8a708f6cf05a45db%26authkey%3DAel0sU 3jYUWXrvhcPsPaTI8&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vwwatercooled.com.au%2Fforums %2Ff238%2Ftraffic-jam-assist-119112-11.html&title=Traffic%20Jam%20Assist%20-%20Page%2011&txt=Sign%20in%20to%20your%20account

Regdop
22-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Sure thing (credit to NZ_GolfR). http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_150334827322015&key=6b85f23da221d5c8d47e9c6917e8959c&libId=j6mmoott01000dsl000DAf2m748va&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vwwatercooled.com.au%2Fforums %2Ff238%2Ftraffic-jam-assist-119112-11.html%23post1237586&v=1&out=https%3A%2F%2Foncall-my.sharepoint.com%2Fpersonal%2Faaron_oncall_co_nz% 2F_layouts%2F15%2Fguestaccess.aspx%3Ffolderid%3D0f 4dc463396db4edb8a708f6cf05a45db%26authkey%3DAel0sU 3jYUWXrvhcPsPaTI8&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vwwatercooled.com.au%2Fforums %2Ff238%2Ftraffic-jam-assist-119112-11.html&title=Traffic%20Jam%20Assist%20-%20Page%2011&txt=Sign%20in%20to%20your%20account

Thank You..... :)

Gladbach
22-08-2017, 09:44 AM
There is other thread with coding on this BB where with DV52 we shared our tweaks. It's easier for others to use one thread with coding, rather than searching for multiple threads.

Yeah, I agree, would be better to use the existing thread.

Transporter
22-08-2017, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I agree, would be better to use the existing thread.

...as long as people refrain from unnecessary chatting and posting in it, I'm sure this can be very informative thread. :)

Juico
23-08-2017, 09:21 PM
I am soon to be getting a 110TDi Tiguan Comfortline. I have been scrolling around this forum and taken a liking to this post. I started looking into purchasing an OBDeleven, however I have now noticed that the app cannot be downloaded in aus through the play store and since July 17 they have been having licencing issues with VWA. Any info how I can get around this? Otherwise no point me buying the OBDeleven.

sharp
23-08-2017, 10:24 PM
I am soon to be getting a 110TDi Tiguan Comfortline. I have been scrolling around this forum and taken a liking to this post. I started looking into purchasing an OBDeleven, however I have now noticed that the app cannot be downloaded in aus through the play store and since July 17 they have been having licencing issues with VWA. Any info how I can get around this? Otherwise no point me buying the OBDeleven.

In order to download the app please open your emailed invoice with your phone and tap on the download link. Tha app is NOT available via the Google Play Store.

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/obdeleven-audi-volkswagen-skoda-diagnostic-system/

Juico
24-08-2017, 09:08 PM
In order to download the app please open your emailed invoice with your phone and tap on the download link. Tha app is NOT available via the Google Play Store.

OBDeleven Diagnostic System – Audi, Skoda & Volkswagen – AutoInstruct (https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/obdeleven-audi-volkswagen-skoda-diagnostic-system/)

Thanks. And I did read that. However OBDeleven website has a link to the app, which the app then states licencing issues with VWA. Hence my query. So without trying to sound like a smart ass... has anyone tried downloading the app in the last month? I just don't want to buy something I then can't use.

veew
24-08-2017, 09:11 PM
has anyone tried downloading the app in the last month? I just don't want to buy something I then can't use.

Yep, downloaded the OBD2 app (with the app icon similar to what is on the OBD2 dongle) 2-3 weeks ago. I set up an account and put in the PRO code which was accepted. I have yet to use it on my car as I won't be receiving it until early next week.

smarty
24-08-2017, 10:44 PM
Same I downloaded through the play store probably about 6 weeks ago and bought my obdeleven say 3 weeks ago with pro code
Seems to work fine?

Transporter
25-08-2017, 07:22 AM
Please continue discussion in one of few already existing threads, like for example this one Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/mk2-tiguan-vcds-tweaks-116815.html)