PDA

View Full Version : Melb Phillip Island Track day - 16-17 feb

NGOLF.U
17-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Hey guys,

There is another track event which is over 2 days. On the saturday is more of a practise run and sunday the regulars go to make points.

Im going on sunday with 2 others only because its more convenient.
Im also towing my car down on a tandem trailer ( not to be a hero but just incase i blow somthing ) the drive from Philip Island from melb isn't short.

Here is the link about the day and if you are interested, i have the supp regs form.

http://www.piarc.com.au/
(Feburary Sprint )

Francesco

OilBurna
17-01-2008, 03:53 PM
very nice used to be a member of piarc they always run good events.. awesome track as well....

99gti
17-01-2008, 04:24 PM
If only I was still in Mexico....

Water Boy
17-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Ill be there on the Saturday... Its great fun 20mins sessions and u can get in with an Instructor for a few laps... Ask for Bruce he is the FWD instructor and runs a Mk1 16v :D

Remeber its a sprint day and not racing for sheep stations and keep it on the black stuff... And from previous experience watch your mirrors they come up fast... Also point where ya want them :D

Have fun boys :)

NGOLF.U
18-01-2008, 12:41 PM
thanks man!! it will be fun...

Tim
18-01-2008, 01:43 PM
i need to get the VR6 back on the road and start havin some fun methinks! wont be in time for this unfruntately :(

ausgolfer
18-01-2008, 04:35 PM
I bought a new helmet, extinguisher(old one out of date) today funnily enough, and a battery location sticker because I might be going to an open practice session at winton next friday but I deffinately might be up for this aswell, just need to sort out my cams licence now.

NGOLF.U
21-01-2008, 10:13 PM
yeh man get into it before it fills up`

ausgolfer
21-01-2008, 10:23 PM
I have to pull the plug........I picked up my new "track rims" saturday morning, had 2 good tires and 2 bald, put them on(why didn't I just keep them in the car....) and proceeded to drive to the tire shop to get 2 new ones......didn't make it.

Hopefully will be all repaired in a month or 2. :( My own fault and lucky it's not worse(was fairly low speed anyway) and that no one was injured.

NGOLF.U
22-01-2008, 07:23 AM
spew man hope its not too $$

Water Boy
22-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Yeah i wont be there either now... Off to Mt Buller to Race the Sothern Interschools MTB Championships and im guna hall arse :D

Redrum
01-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and have found it a great resource when purchasing (and now while owning) my MkV GTI.

Anyway, I noticed this thread and thought it was great that there would be some guys from the forum at the PI event on 16/17 Feb. I'll be driving the GTI down there but will be doing the sprints in the "kermit green" Series 1 RX7 that I share with my brother. We've been running the car for a year now and it's been a lot of fun. We've previously done sprints in WRXs but the RX7 is a much more involved and exciting car to drive (although it takes much more work to get similar lap time to the WRX).

I'll be there on Sunday 17 Feb so look out for a Red MkV GTI and the "Green Beast" :)

Cheers,
Reuben

NGOLF.U
01-02-2008, 12:46 PM
hey mate ill definately be there look out for a black mk4 gti and a black mini cooper s

Redrum
01-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Will do mate. The wait is killing me. Are you tracking the gti or the mini?

NGOLF.U
03-02-2008, 06:27 PM
both...my mate is driving the mini and im in the gti