PDA

View Full Version : Driver Selection - Personalisation

marcuskmt
09-07-2017, 11:51 PM
The Tiguan is my wife's car so she is Driver #1 under the personalisation settings. I have programmed my settings for Driver #2.

Most of the time when I use the car, Driver #1 is selected. However, sometimes Driver #2 (me) is selected.

I cant work out how the car decides which Driver is selected when the car is turned on.

Anyone have any ideas?

bestyjny
10-07-2017, 05:39 AM
Use separate keys for each driver.

IsDon
10-07-2017, 12:02 PM
You can assign the keys manually which is what I did. Go into the personalisation menu and follow the instructions on the screen. Then as bastyjny suggested make sure you and your wife use your own key. It will also set up the seats and mirrors for you when your key open the drivers door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brucea
10-09-2017, 01:34 PM
It will also set up the seats and mirrors for you when your key open the drivers door.

You can also use the assigned keys and user profiles to pre-select his and hers music collections. The current media source is retained in the current user profile so you can either use 2 x SD cards/USB sticks with his and hers music collections or I just used a single SD card with 2 folders on it and the setting to automatically process subfolders turned off. I get my music selections when I'm driving and my wife gets hers when she is. I was going to try separate playlists with the jukebox to see if that worked but once I had a working solution I stopped fiddling with it.

Chocolate_Bear
12-10-2017, 12:30 PM
You can assign the keys manually which is what I did. Go into the personalisation menu and follow the instructions on the screen. Then as bastyjny suggested make sure you and your wife use your own key. It will also set up the seats and mirrors for you when your key open the drivers door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi mate. I have been trying to set this up ny key. Just doesn’t work. What is the actual step to assigning the key to the profile ? It’s doing my head in. Hahaha.

Tiguan 162tsi Rline fully loaded - NSW

Pzero
12-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Does it get confused when both keys are nearby?
Or is it based on who unlocks?

DoggiesUtd
12-10-2017, 01:13 PM
yeh took me a while to work it out, go into personalisation and scroll all the way down the page (i missed this bit for almost a week before i found it), instructions are there on how to do it, very simple.

pretty sure keys worked on who unlocks (if both keys are nearby)

ive dreamed of this feature on a car i've owned ever since ive been with my wife (15 years now) so about time i got a car with it lol (she is so much shorter than me)

smarty
12-10-2017, 03:28 PM
I have both keys personalized to 2 different driver profiles
sometimes its right
sometimes its wrong

i think the car has to be locked and unlocked accordingly with each key for it to work properly
i.e i think if driver 1 unlocks, drives, parks in garage, leaves car unlocked, driver 2 gets in, i think it will default to driver 1 still and you may have to toggle the right driver

IsDon
12-10-2017, 03:38 PM
I have both keys personalized to 2 different driver profiles
sometimes its right
sometimes its wrong

i think the car has to be locked and unlocked accordingly with each key for it to work properly
i.e i think if driver 1 unlocks, drives, parks in garage, leaves car unlocked, driver 2 gets in, i think it will default to driver 1 still and you may have to toggle the right driver

Yes. That's correct.

You need to lock the car with the key the driver was using. If the new driver then uses a different key to unlock the car then the profile changes and the new seat and mirror settings are activated.

If the car wasn't locked to begin with, then the new key won't change the profile.

I don't know why it's set up this way. My Audi, with a similar system, doesn't rely on locking the car first.

To the earlier question. Yes, it will get confused if you have two keys in your pocket at once.