PDA

View Full Version : MY18 Tiguan vs Mark 7.5 Golf Alltrack

AussiePopeye
09-07-2017, 11:31 PM
Was just wondering what everyone thinks are the benefits of the new MY18 Tiguan vs the new Mark 7.5 Golf Alltrack?

tigger73
10-07-2017, 06:49 AM
Alltrack is a cross-over vehicle for people that can't decide whether they want a normal passenger car or an SUV ;)

Sales-wise I bet VW sell 10:1 Tiguans to Alltrack or that ratio could even be higher. It will be a lot easier to sell a Tiguan at the other end of ownership that it will be to find an Alltrack buyer.

The problem with the Alltrack is that it's an expensive Golf. If you were going to spend that kind of $ on an AWD Golf I'd stretch a little further and the get the R wagon. The other car to look at if you're set on the higher riding wagon is the Outback - similar $ to the Alltrack but a lot more room and some decent tech (but obviously not a VW).

Rooboy
12-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Alltrack is a cross-over vehicle for people that can't decide whether they want a normal passenger car or an SUV ;)

Not quite as both vehicles have their attractions. For my requirements both fit the bill - carry a large amount of photography gear, head up to the snow for a few weeks every year etc. I love the look of the new Tiggy and it has great features but the Alltrack has some different features. For my budget I'd be looking at a 110tdi Comfortline with both option packs or the 135tdi Alltrack with all options. I'd lose out on the area view camera, BSM, electric tailgate and a few nice interior touches but I'd gain a more powerful engine, a better wheel/tyre combo (which my current snow chains fit) and a better infotainment system. Still haven't pulled the trigger yet as I want to drive the Alltrack first but it looks a pretty good option to me. You may be right about disposal at the other end of ownership but I don't think it will be too difficult to sell.

The issue with the Outback - I put a line through anything running a CVT.

Tigger162
12-07-2017, 10:12 AM
I think you know already, stop trying to sell to yourself. Get your alltrack.