PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrades

The_Hawk
07-07-2017, 06:24 PM
We have done a range of upgrades to the server today which took a little longer than anticipated, but everything should be back online now and operating as normal. If you run into any issues or wierdness please let me know ASAP through the forum or through Facebook if these are problems over here.

Facebook Link:
VWWatercooled - Beranda | Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/vwwatercooled/)

kamold
07-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this forum for the benefit of the enthusiast community.
I know it's a pretty thankless task so just wanted to tip my hat in your general direction.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The_Hawk
07-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the kind words, it's very much appreciated.

Today was a bit bigger than was initially planned (and there is still a little more tinkering that needs to be done). For the moment everything is back into one piece and humming along nicely.

tinto
08-07-2017, 02:59 AM
Nicely done to the crew.
It doesn't go unnoticed and it certainly is appreciated, I know we as a community don't say it enough.

I don't use Facebook so appreciate the effort here on the forum.

Bora Sport
08-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Seconded. This is generally a great forum and that is largely because of the moderators. Top job.

tigger73
08-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Just noticed that the "New Posts" button is working a little different. It's now no longer showing posts that you've read. Which makes finding a thread later a bit harder....

Looks like it's only showing "unread" and not "new".

The_Hawk
12-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Just noticed that the "New Posts" button is working a little different. It's now no longer showing posts that you've read. Which makes finding a thread later a bit harder....

Looks like it's only showing "unread" and not "new".

I thought that was how it always worked :P (but let me know if it's changed after today).

On another note, I had a couple of other reports of some strangeness which led to a little more work today and a little more downtime today as little more work was done. We are now running current versions of everything! A small novetly that no one will ever notice (if it's all been done right)! Again, please let me know if there are any more issues and I'll get onto them.

tigger73
12-07-2017, 10:10 PM
"New Posts" is now threads with new unread posts which is probably better than threads you haven't read/posted in yet.

I just hit Quick Links -> Todays Posts and you get all the posts. But it's not available on all pages for some reason.

sssstew
14-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this forum for the benefit of the enthusiast community.
I know it's a pretty thankless task so just wanted to tip my hat in your general direction.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

agreed, thanks all for keeping us afloat :)

tigger73
15-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Not sure if it's my browser or not but I've had it happen a couple of times when I post a reply and the page doesn't refresh showing my post. It is there if I go back into the page, however it's a little disconcerting at first. I'm sure you'll get a few double posts with people thinking something went wrong....

HAWKEDIT: Checking to see if I can edit a post - I CAN!

The_Hawk
20-07-2017, 09:49 AM
Testing adding a new post

HAWKEDIT: Showed up correctly and was able to edit and save.

tigger73
20-07-2017, 11:20 AM
OK well I just shut down and re-booted my machine. So will see how this goes....

When I reply to the thread, the page doesn't refresh to show my reply when I hit the submit button. This is only when accessing the forum from my PC and not Tapatalk/mobile app as this works fine.

I have to manually refresh the page to see my new post.

I've tried editing as well and now I can see the "Save", "Go Advanced", "Delete" and "Cancel" buttons which weren't there before.

Maybe it's a Windows10 thing...

The_Hawk
21-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Images were a small issue for a moment during the upgrades so those buttons might have needed to refresh to show up, great to see they are working again.

My above edits/posts were done on a Windows 10 PC using Chrome, right now I'm sitting on a Mac, also running Chrome.

I will have to try out IE on Windows 10 when I'm back at work to see if that has issues. I might have to install Firefox as well...

The_Hawk
21-07-2017, 05:27 PM
And this post is Safari on the same Mac.

The_Hawk
21-07-2017, 05:29 PM
And finally on Windows 7 using Internet Exploder.

What is it your running? IE/Chome/Firefox?

tigger73
21-07-2017, 06:42 PM
And finally on Windows 7 using Internet Exploder.

What is it your running? IE/Chome/Firefox?

Mine is a Windows surface pro running Windows 10 and IE

....and my edit buttons have gone missing again so I'm back on Tapatalk.

Plus When I posted on my PC I had to manually refresh the page to see my post.

I'm thinking it's my Surface Pro (piece of junk).

The_Hawk
21-07-2017, 08:50 PM
I'm thinking it's my Surface Pro (piece of junk).

My work PC is a Surface Pro 3, I just don't tend to use IE. I can check it out on Monday.

Parallels VM running Windows 10, posting through IE.

And the edge browser...

The_Hawk
21-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Good news Tigger! It's not you!

Running IE under Windows 10 and I get the same issue with posts not appearing until after you refresh.... very very strange. I can, however, see the edit button... but maybe that comes and goes in IE?? I'll see what I can see.

tigger73
21-07-2017, 10:41 PM
Good news Tigger! It's not you!

Running IE under Windows 10 and I get the same issue with posts not appearing until after you refresh.... very very strange. I can, however, see the edit button... but maybe that comes and goes in IE?? I'll see what I can see.

Glad it's not me going crazy :P

But good that the issue only relates to a relatively small number of potential users.

The_Hawk
24-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Test post again.

edit: I've had another look and although I'm on another difference machine again, Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 using Internet Explorer, it now seems to be working as it should... Let me know if this is still an issue for you.