PDA

View Full Version : Auto headlights

weonarok
03-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Hi fellow rockers.

My issue I suspect is not necessarily confined to Amarok.

Mine is a MY14 Highline with Light & Vision and auto headlights. They stopped working some time ago with the switch on 'auto' and I have to turn the switch on manually to activate the headlights.

Dealer techie has tested light sensor and all is good with in range values and has him scratching his head, all at my expense as I'm out of warranty. Leaving home' works but 'coming home' stopped working around the same time even though it is activated.

I have LED DRLs in BB which are active from #15 terminal plus park circuit so that the taillights are on during the day. A trigger wire goes to each headlight low beam to turn off the DRLs when the headlights are on. I thought that a feed back may have been the issue so installed diodes to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm guessing a BCM fault but no faults come up when I do a scan using Ross Tech.

Cheers

"You don't know what you don't know"

Cheers dave

Ozsko
10-07-2017, 09:39 PM
I know you are not going to like this but the first thing I would do is put the vehicle back to standard then if it doesn't work trouble shoot from there.

weonarok
10-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Yep, I did disconnect all of my stuff as that was my first thought but still no cigar. [emoji22]

Maybe I managed to frazzle a circuit in the BCM. [emoji85]

Cheers dave