PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma - help!!

DanSA
16-01-2008, 12:11 PM
As you may know i have a 1.8TFSi Octavia on order with roof, seats, and sports suspension - due mid April now.

I have a scenario at work where i may be able to get more cash to pay for fuel/maintainence as we are moving further way (more k's)

This means i may be able to stretch to a vRS, and it would also mean i could get it quicker (in stock) rather than April.

What to do ??????:? pros/cons - and advise?? :? :confused:

The stealer has these RS's available: (2-3 weeks wait)

Candy white - no factory options
Corrida Red - no factory options
Black Magic - no factory options

I am not bothered about sunroof or xenons, and i believe you cant get electric seat on RS anyway, so stock as a rock is A OK for me.
Wonder if i could get it on road for 40.5k? :cool:

Black magic is certainly very tasty. (apart from cleaning)

junior
16-01-2008, 01:00 PM
If the dealer is happy to accomodate your change of mind and if you can afford the extra $$, IMO the RS would be a better buy & more chance of after market mods being available for the RS before the other models as well.
Keep in mind, resale, I would think the performance versions of any make will comand better resales.

something to ask the dealer, the 1.8TFSI would more than likely be an 08 build, I suspect the RS' will be 07 build, might just give you some bargaining leverage.

good luck with the decision

BTW, I went to a NSW dealer to look at a 2.0TDI 4x4 wagon , none in stock, in fact only 5 cars on display.

DanSA
16-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks mate, valid points.

I am ussuming they would be an 07 build yes. And therfore more leverage on price hopefully.

We have no 4x4's here either, i think they are a pipe dream.. maybe later in the year. :?

CanberravRS
16-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I guess it really comes down to if you can leverage the 07 factor yet... The RS comes with pretty much every great base option... Ive been very impressed with the RS and its road handling capabilities. I was expecting it to be far more harsh on rougher roads, but in all honesty its just the best all round vehicle i have ever owned.

DanSA
16-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Your tempting me to the dark side... ;)

CanberravRS
16-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Dan... just sent you a message!!

DanSA
16-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Just got a quote on insurance for the RS - $639 fully comp, preferred driver (me and the wife)

Not bad! :D

CanberravRS
16-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Well i cant say a bad thing yet... 4500klms down now and still grinning from ear to ear..

Mischa
16-01-2008, 06:28 PM
candy white! such a thick rich colour it look so good imo

gregozedobe
16-01-2008, 11:30 PM
I much preferred the RS to drive over the 1.8, and it wasn't the motor that made the big difference (seats, ride, handling, much more gear). Have you driven both (particularly a 1.8 in your spec) ?

I'm voting for an RS with my $$$, but really it is up to you which one you want (and why). Check out differences between the two spec lists, and decide which (if any) extra bits are significant to you. Given you ordered a 1.8 with leather and sports suspension the differences are reduced.

DanSA
17-01-2008, 08:32 AM
I much preferred the RS to drive over the 1.8, and it wasn't the motor that made the big difference (seats, ride, handling, much more gear). Have you driven both (particularly a 1.8 in your spec) ?

I'm voting for an RS with my $$$, but really it is up to you which one you want (and why). Check out differences between the two spec lists, and decide which (if any) extra bits are significant to you. Given you ordered a 1.8 with leather and sports suspension the differences are reduced.

Good points mate, if price is right I think it may be a goer. I disagree re gear tho. As far as im aware, the RS gets heated leather seats over std.

However , you cant order elec/mem seat on RS (which i was getting on 1.8) and i wont be able to spec roof either (cost).
Of course, you do get sexy 18"s (and tyre cost..:() lower ride, bigger brakes and obviosly more grunt too. Plus x-factor.

DanSA
17-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Just got back from test driving an RS :D:D very tidy indeed...

Biggest shock was no steering wheel buttons n: very odd as they have them on all Elegance models.

Good thing was i got a price on a Black Magic Wagon $41,250 on road. Thats only $1k more than the 1.8TFSi on order.. ;)

Tomorrow is D Day, so will let you know.

PS: The car quoted is initerstate and can be here in 3 weeks.. :cool:
Anyone want to buy a Golf TDi???? :)

gregozedobe
17-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Good thing was i got a price on a Black Magic Wagon $41,250 on road.

Was price that with/without any options/extras ?

To help you make up your mind- Picture yourself in 6 months time, will you regret not buying the other one ? They are both a good choice anyway.

DanSA
18-01-2008, 06:25 AM
No, thats stock as a rock.. (apart from pearl paint)
The only extra i would have gone for was the elec/mem seat , but you cant get that on the vRS anyways so easy choice. (discount was $2,500)

I have definitely made up my mind, i just need to get some things confirmed today that are out of my control. Its going to be a long day.. :(

gregozedobe
18-01-2008, 08:34 AM
(discount was $2,500)

I have definitely made up my mind, i just need to get some things confirmed today that are out of my control. Its going to be a long day.. :(

Hang in there, and let us know the final decision (and what were the deciding factors for you).

$2,500 seems to be a common Skoda discount, but I'm looking around to see if I can get more (VWA seems to be discounting Golfs at the moment, I'm hoping that will flow through to Skodas).

We went looking at colours the other day, Blue and Yellow and Red were the "finalists". One of the factors that helped decide was all the dark colured cars had quite obvious dirty marks from dusty rain, while on the yellow car the only place it showed was on the windows. We rarely wash our cars (a combination of water restrictions and bone-idle laziness :) )

I will admit the race blue metallic RS wagons do look very classy, but the missus got to choose the number of doors (4) and the colour, and she liked the yellow. I only got to choose the minor stuff such as make, model, body style, engine, gearbox, headlights, options etc.;)

Our final choice is a 2008 build Sprint Yellow RS wagon with Xenons (even if they are only low beam :( ). Next step is to negotiate price and supplier, then the long wait for build and delivery.