PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Jam Assist

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ozsko
20-06-2017, 10:44 PM
In light of Skoda doing after sale software upgrades to enable it in the New Superb I would like to suggest that the first of the new generation Tiguans could have the same done and it might be a good idea for everyone to annoy VW about the problem.

veew
21-06-2017, 06:46 AM
Did they charge for it?

IsDon
21-06-2017, 08:13 AM
I think it was actually a technical bulletin to do the update when the car came back to the dealer for any reason.

I'd be keen to have a look at the modules in the Skoda to see if they're the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozsko
21-06-2017, 09:21 AM
I wrote an email to VW last night, if more people did the same we might get a result. I have been told by someone who knows that it is a point of discussion within VW at the moment so I have no reason to doubt that it is possible.

sharp
21-06-2017, 10:11 AM
MY17 software could be different than MY18 and we may never get the TJA via official ways.

Ozsko
21-06-2017, 10:51 AM
That is not what I have led to believe from VW sources, do you know any different. I am sorry I started this as I thought it would get positive action not negative reaction. It seems no one is interested in pushing the point which I find surprising. if the question is not asked how can anyone speculate on the answer.

TheTig
21-06-2017, 11:01 AM
I wrote an email to VW last night, if more people did the same we might get a result. I have been told by someone who knows that it is a point of discussion within VW at the moment so I have no reason to doubt that it is possible.

If it's a current point of discussion, will write an email as well. Extra voices will defiantly help. Be nice to have it available by the time I take delivery.

IsDon
21-06-2017, 04:31 PM
That is not what I have led to believe from VW sources, do you know any different. I am sorry I started this as I thought it would get positive action not negative reaction. It seems no one is interested in pushing the point which I find surprising. if the question is not asked how can anyone speculate on the answer.

Yep. I'll write as well. Can't hurt.

wiredless
21-06-2017, 07:51 PM
+1 if I know who I should write to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheTig
21-06-2017, 08:17 PM
+1 if I know who I should write to!

Used the Contact Us form on the VWA website, received an email confirmation with a reference number stating they'd get back to me soon.

IsDon
21-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Used the Contact Us form on the VWA website, received an email confirmation with a reference number stating they'd get back to me soon.

Likewise

Schland77
21-06-2017, 11:10 PM
Dito, I will write them too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTig
22-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Got a response back tonight... crock of $%^& in my opinion.

"Thank you for your patience.

We are working hard with the factory to introduce advanced driver assistance technologies such as Traffic Jam Assist, across all models which involves significant development and local testing for each vehicle. These advanced driver assistance technologies often involve technical upgrades to the vehicle and can’t always be switched on with a simple software update. Unfortunately this is the case for the MY17 Tiguan’s which are not able to be upgraded with Adaptive Lane Guidance or Traffic Jam Assist. In Skoda’s case the vehicles were equipped with hardware enabling them to activate the advanced driver assistance technologies with a software update. The hardware in the MY17 Tiguan has not been technically validated to enable the advanced driver assistance technologies."

Ozsko
22-06-2017, 09:23 PM
I am not sure I buy that, it was enabled in the same generation of Tiguans in other countries and I directly heard VW people talking about being allowed to do it. They haven't responded to me yet so I will advance the argument when they do. Initially they told everyone that TJA was not being fitted because it was still being evaluated for Oz when the Passat had already been released with it and the Superb was supposed to have had it enabled as well. I might be proven wrong but I smell porkies being told.

TheTig
22-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Don't buy it at all, will have another go out when I have a free moment.

Hugo_nz
12-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Hello from New Zealand. We took delivery of two Tiguans on June 30th, both with ACC, neither have TJA activated. We have all the other boxes ticked (lane guidance, etc). The sales material for NZ makes mention of ACC on the Tiguan and I queried this with VW NZ. Their feedback was that it should in fact be active and they are looking into why it isn't and how to go about activating it. Will keep you posted.

Ozsko
14-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Please do, I am having a fairly protracted discussion with VWA regarding this currently.

Hugo_nz
14-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Please do, I am having a fairly protracted discussion with VWA regarding this currently.

Will do. VW NZ has resolved to get back to me this coming week. The GM of VW NZ is also in the loop.

subbi
15-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Did you get any updates from VWA? And any idea when they will finalize specs for MY18 Tiguan? Shouldn't they be releasing specs when production has already started and orders for MY 18 are being taken?

Ozsko
15-07-2017, 01:22 PM
I have no information on the 2018 cars only what I wrote and has been posted here. Further corrospondence with VWA has not proved fruitful regarding the earlier cars which is all I am concerned with at this time though if TJA is enabled in the 2018 cars as has been posted here then it makes the argument advanced by VWA invalid. I doubt at this time that they can be moved as it is a bit like talking to a brick wall.

Hugo_nz
17-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Update: VW NZ has come back to me and admitted that TJA was meant to have been enabled at the factory. My Tig is getting a software update on Wednesday and SO's on Thursday. I'll report back again once the update has been done.

gorey
17-07-2017, 04:10 PM
That's good news Hugo_nz, would be good if you had an odbeleven to do a scan before and after the software update to see what is changed to enable it. I think NZ_GolfR has one.

Hugo_nz
17-07-2017, 04:29 PM
That's good news Hugo_nz, would be good if you had an odbeleven to do a scan before and after the software update to see what is changed to enable it. I think NZ_GolfR has one.

I'm trying to buy one but their site is not accepting payment.

NZ_GolfR
17-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Yes, would be interested to see what the differences are before and after, if you want me to do a scan then let me know. By the way, which dealer is doing the software upgrade? Would be keen to get mine done as well.

DV52
17-07-2017, 06:19 PM
I'm trying to buy one but their site is not accepting payment.

Hugo: hopefully your OBD11 device will arrive in time (sounds like a tight delivery time tho). When you get it and after you do your first scan - do this:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/nBWWC2ipng-1.jpg

After you select the envelope symbol, you will be presented with the native email App(s) on your tablet/mobile phone. If you send yourself a email copy, you will have a digital version of the report that you can easily share on forums like this one!

Don

PS: You might want to consider removing the VIN if you do post-up a copy - gives greater anonymity and leaving the VIN doesn't add any value to the purpose for posting the scan

Hugo_nz
17-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Hugo: hopefully your OBD11 device will arrive in time (sounds like a tight delivery time tho). When you get it and after you do your first scan - do this:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/nBWWC2ipng-1.jpg

After you select the envelope symbol, you will be presented with the native email App(s) on your tablet/mobile phone. If you send yourself a email copy, you will have a digital version of the report that you can easily share on forums like this one!

Don

PS: You might want to consider removing the VIN if you do post-up a copy - gives greater anonymity and leaving the VIN doesn't add any value to the purpose for posting the scan

Not a chance it will arrive in time since I've been unable to order owing to the website payment problem.

Hugo_nz
17-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Yes, would be interested to see what the differences are before and after, if you want me to do a scan then let me know. By the way, which dealer is doing the software upgrade? Would be keen to get mine done as well.

Cheers mate. I'm in Auckland. If you happen to be around the city centre before Wednesday then you can scan my Tig.

GabrielT
18-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Hi guys!
Random question.. if MY18 Tiguan are fitted with hardware platform that can execute traffic jam assist via software update, will it be the same for the golf range? Emailed VWA regarding this but haven't got a response, been a week now.

Ozsko
18-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Don't hold your breath if my experience is anything to go by. They do not want to talk about it at all and have stopped responding to emails when backed into a corner which they have no answers for. The first question you need answered is do Golf's in other markets have TJA activated. It may be that the golf does not have the hardware to support it at all.

GabrielT
18-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Don't hold your breath if my experience is anything to go by. They do not want to talk about it at all and have stopped responding to emails when backed into a corner which they have no answers for. The first question you need answered is do Golf's in other markets have TJA activated. It may be that the golf does not have the hardware to support it at all.

Yeah they are offered in the euro region. I hope that the front and lane assist offered here would be a workable platform if VWA decide to introduce TJA down the track.

Ozsko
18-07-2017, 10:28 PM
If that is the case get stuck into them. What I find totally unfathomable is VW could be making money out of activating stuff like this, put a cost on it and tell the owner if he wants it take the car in and it will be activated. Bad business practise 101 leaving money on the table.

Hugo_nz
19-07-2017, 06:06 AM
Dropped the car off this morning. The service manager said that, to his understanding, if you have ACC and Lane Assist then all the hardware is in place for TJA. He said the update should not take too long. I'll report back later.

NZ_GolfR
19-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Dropped the car off this morning. The service manager said that, to his understanding, if you have ACC and Lane Assist then all the hardware is in place for TJA. He said the update should not take too long. I'll report back later.

I didn't make it into town yesterday but am heading in to Queen St this morning to see a client then over to St Lukes. If you get the car back in time and want me to run a scan of the car after they make the changes let me know.

Hugo_nz
19-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Got the car back, and after initial disappointment of not seeing TJA in the assist menu I can confirm that it is, in fact, working and it is freaky as! Adaptive Lane Guidance is now also available under the Driver Assistance menu on the Discover menu.

gorey
19-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Nice one Hugo, you are probably the first person to have it enabled in AU and NZ. If its not in the assist menu, how do you turn it on and off? Now we just need to work out what codes need to change to activate the functionality.

Ozsko
19-07-2017, 02:15 PM
The first Tiguan but Skoda Superbs are also having it enabled in Oz.

Hugo_nz
19-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Nice one Hugo, you are probably the first person to have it enabled in AU and NZ. If its not in the assist menu, how do you turn it on and off? Now we just need to work out what codes need to change to activate the functionality.

It’s always on when ACC is activated.

NZ_GolfR
19-07-2017, 03:37 PM
It’s always on when ACC is activated.

Do you automatically start moving again if stopped for longer than 3 seconds?

Hugo_nz
19-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Yup and the lane guidance is on (green) pretty much all the time as long as lanes are visible.

Eyes24
19-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Yup and the lane guidance is on (green) pretty much all the time as long as lanes are visible.

Only works under 65kmh ?

Hugo_nz
19-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Only works under 65kmh ?

Before the update there would be no lane guidance below 65kmh, only ACC. Now there is lane guidance and ACC. Tested in slow moving city traffic today.

Eyes24
19-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Before the update there would be no lane guidance below 65kmh, only ACC. Now there is lane guidance and ACC. Tested in slow moving city traffic today.

TJA only works under 65kmh , from what l have read.

NZ_GolfR
19-07-2017, 03:54 PM

From my understanding standard ACC in the Tiguans would work at all speeds but when you stopped for longer than 3 seconds you would have to manually restart. The standard Lane Guidance with ACC would only work above 65kmh and would "pinball" you within the lane markings.

TJA removed then 3 second limit when stopped and gave you Adaptive Lane Guidance at all speeds that would keep you in the middle of the lane rather than pinballing you between the lane markings.

Hugo_nz
19-07-2017, 03:55 PM

Which is exactly what I am saying has been activated by the software update :-)

Eyes24
19-07-2017, 03:55 PM
From my understanding standard ACC in the Tiguans would work at all speeds but when you stopped for longer than 3 seconds you would have to manually restart. The standard Lane Guidance with ACC would only work above 65kmh and would "pinball" you within the lane markings.

TJA removed then 3 second limit when stopped and gave you Adaptive Lane Guidance at all speeds that would keep you in the middle of the lane rather than pinballing you between the lane markings.

Oh ok thanks

Cobwebs
19-07-2017, 04:11 PM
From all I have read/watched one of the things your shouldn't do with a DCT is 'traffic creep' (not so good for the clutch). My question is, with TJA do you get 'traffic creep'?

TheTig
19-07-2017, 04:45 PM

Great stuff, hoping we can get a win over the ditch in Oz and have VWA bend to our will and retrofit this option to MY17 Tigs, cheers for keeping us all in the loop Hugo_nz. The scan results would also be helpful if you get the chance to get it done :P

Hugo_nz
19-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Great stuff, hoping we can get a win over the ditch in Oz and have VWA bend to our will and retrofit this option to MY17 Tigs, cheers for keeping us all in the loop Hugo_nz. The scan results would also be helpful if you get the chance to get it done :P

No worries :-)

spacemannz
19-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Also noted TJA in the Skoda Kodiaq brochure here in Oz... salesman confirmed it is a feature.

sharp
20-07-2017, 11:29 AM

I assume NZ_GolfR (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/members/nz_golfr/) didn't get to scan your car yesterday?

Ozsko
20-07-2017, 12:11 PM

That won't happen unless others beside me ring VWA and have a chat to them about it and AFAIK no one has done that besides me though I would be happy to be proven wrong. VWA have stonewalled on this when I have chatted to them and it needs a large number of customers to ring them and let their feelings be known. When you do get back to us and report what happened.

TheTig
20-07-2017, 12:25 PM
That won't happen unless others beside me ring VWA and have a chat to them about it and AFAIK no one has done that besides me though I would be happy to be proven wrong. VWA have stonewalled on this when I have chatted to them and it needs a large number of customers to ring them and let their feelings be known. When you do get back to us and report what happened.

I emailed and received a crap response, happy to follow it up with a call as well

Ozsko
20-07-2017, 12:46 PM
I think it needs a lot of persistent aggravation from a lot of owners and why they are taking this attitude is a complete mystery. The following arguments were used ny VWA...

TJA was not activated from the factory, DUH!

We don't care what AUDI or Skoda do they are not a VW

VWNZ are not VWA so that has nothing to do with us

VW will never have TJA activated in any car in OZ...silence was the reply when I pointed out that the next Tiguan has it on the proposed spec sheet, in fact they have not replied to that email.

The first reply is always a brush off, I have been at this for some weeks now including phone calls.

Hugo_nz
20-07-2017, 12:48 PM
I don't understand why VWA is being so difficult. It literally took me one email to VWNZ to get this sorted.

Ozsko
20-07-2017, 12:48 PM
I emailed and received a crap response, happy to follow it up with a call as well

I wonder what would happen if you told the dealer or VWA that you refuse to take delivery of the vehicle until TJA is activated?

arnifix
20-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Quick question. Did this disable the ACC pausing when the vehicle stops for 3 seconds. Apologies if you've already answered this, but I've managed to get Adaptive Lane Guidance operating at all speeds on my Tig but I haven't worked out how to disable the 3 second timer. If you have got this I may have a shot at identifying exactly what bits need to be flipped to enable this.

NZ_GolfR
20-07-2017, 02:43 PM
I assume NZ_GolfR (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/members/nz_golfr/) didn't get to scan your car yesterday?

No I didn't. I am around the city tomorrow, if it suits Hugo_NZ I will try and catch up with him to do a scan.

NZ_GolfR
20-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Quick question. Did this disable the ACC pausing when the vehicle stops for 3 seconds. Apologies if you've already answered this, but I've managed to get Adaptive Lane Guidance operating at all speeds on my Tig but I haven't worked out how to disable the 3 second timer. If you have got this I may have a shot at identifying exactly what bits need to be flipped to enable this.

Yes I believe it did remove the 3 second limit. Do you mind sharing what coding you changed to get Adaptive Lane Guidance working at all speeds?

lm_jo
21-07-2017, 11:43 AM
It would be great if you can share how you have managed to get Adaptive Lane Guidance operating at all speeds.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sharp
21-07-2017, 01:32 PM
I've managed to get Adaptive Lane Guidance operating at all speeds on my Tig...

Are you sure you don't mean adaptive cruise control rather than adaptive lane guidance?

TIG162R
21-07-2017, 01:56 PM
I emailed my VW dealer in Sydney asking what teh differences are between the MY17 & MY18 and this was the reply:
Major
- manoeuvre braking
- pedestrian recognition
- Driver Assistance now includes - traffic jam assist, emergency assist, lane assist with adaptive guidance
-Infotainment
You get the new 9.2" Discover Pro
. Gesture and voice control
. DVD
. 10GB storage
. media control ** download app
. map care
. app connect
.jpeg image viewer

Minor
No LED headlight cleaning system
Fog light surrounding trim going black
Roof rail mount become black
Head restraint front now height adjusted by button.

sharp
27-07-2017, 11:27 AM

I come back to the forum everyday just to see if there is an update in this thread. Have you got your OBDeleven yet?

Ozsko
27-07-2017, 02:42 PM
No I didn't. I am around the city tomorrow, if it suits Hugo_NZ I will try and catch up with him to do a scan.

Have you guys managed to get the scans done?

Fried_noodles
27-07-2017, 09:52 PM

Im keen to know as well!

TheTig
28-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Sent another email, this time addressed to the MD of VWA, received another fob off response from the customer experience team.

I hope others are lobbying VWA that we want these systems activated on our cars and not relying on the modders to come to the rescue.

If we keep up the pressure we increase our chances of a positive response.

Ozsko
28-07-2017, 10:44 AM
It definitely needs everyone here (at least) to ask the question.

Ozsko
28-07-2017, 10:49 AM
I have just read the pricing on the Model 3 Tesla could start at 50K in Oz, if so that is what I am going to buy and have proper autonomous control. It will be an extra but at least I can have it if I want.

NZ_GolfR
28-07-2017, 11:00 AM
I have just read the pricing on the Model 3 Tesla could start at 50K in Oz, if so that is what I am going to buy and have proper autonomous control. It will be an extra but at least I can have it if I want.

Love the idea of the full electric car and autonomous control I just can't decide if I like the look of them. Also not sure if I'm keen on the oversized iPad and lack of instrument cluster.

Will be interested to have a sit in and drive if one when they arrive but I feel it could take a while for them to be available after they are finally released.

NZ_GolfR
28-07-2017, 11:03 AM

Haven't been able to catch up yet and get this done. Will let everyone know once we do.

gorey
28-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Haven't been able to catch up yet and get this done. Will let everyone know once we do.

Hi NZ_GolfR,

Since Hugo was able to take his car to VW and get it done by them, then I assume you could also do the same if you wanted?

NZ_GolfR
28-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Hi NZ_GolfR,

Since Hugo was able to take his car to VW and get it done by them, then I assume you could also do the same if you wanted?

Yeah I should be able to though I got mine through a different dealer I think. Was going to email the service manager at the dealer I got mine from to find out if they can do the software upgrade, also need to get them to look at a few errors have been getting, just haven't had a chance. Will do it over the weekend and see what they say.

Hugo_nz
28-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Yeah I should be able to though I got mine through a different dealer I think. Was going to email the service manager at the dealer I got mine from to find out if they can do the software upgrade, also need to get them to look at a few errors have been getting, just haven't had a chance. Will do it over the weekend and see what they say.

Just tell them to contact Rodney at Continental Cars VW newmarket. Having had two cars with them last week he should know what you're talking about. Also, it was done as a warranty charge back so I recon you could take it to any VW.

TIGR
04-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Yes I believe it did remove the 3 second limit. Do you mind sharing what coding you changed to get Adaptive Lane Guidance working at all speeds?

Another vote for the ALG settings please :)

jbaldy
05-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Another vote for the ALG settings please :)

Another vote!

TheTig
07-08-2017, 10:37 AM
So.. just got off the phone with VWA and the customer service gent reiterated to me a number of times on the phone that TJA and ALG are not available on the MY17 or MY18 Tiguans. I told him he may want to check on the MY18 considering people are taking delivery of them now and ALG is enabled. He wanted to know who they were so they could contact them and 'fix' it.

The reason he kept stating why neither system were enabled in software was Australian roads are not of high enough quality to support it and down the track it may be reconsidered. He wouldn't put a date on this, just in the future.

He did say it had the necessary hardware, they had just not enabled these systems in the software.

I was pretty sure there are other VW cars coming with these features enabled, he did also say that no VW cars in Aus had TJA turned on for the same reason, bad roads.

So banging the head against the wall on this one, I know Ozsko has been petitioning hard. Have sent multiple emails, written to the MD of VWA, spoken on the phone and whilst the reasons have varied, the message has been the same the whole time.... 'NO'.

So we have to rely on the modders to get these systems enabled on our MY17 Tigs unless others take some time out of there day and speak up and be heard by VWA, with enough noise surely we can make a difference and they'll rethink there stance.

spacemannz
07-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Skoda are advertising TJA for the Aussie Kodiaq. It's in the online brochure.

Ozsko
07-08-2017, 10:59 AM
At least you got an admission that the cars have the hardware to enable it which is more than I got so a high five there. We now need to get the information from another country and hopefully NZ can supply that. I find there refusal to acknowledge that TJA is going to be in the 2018 cars curious, has anyone taken delivery of one of those and can confirm or deny what they are saying. Their blunt refusal to talk about the other VW corporate products that have it fitted also is simply a tactic to kill any debate on the subject. Brickwalls have nothing on the people at VWA but they have now painted themselves into a corner by their own admission. I bet it would piss a few people off if they tell dealers to disable it as a recall or during a service.

Ozsko
07-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Skoda are advertising TJA for the Aussie Kodiaq. It's in the online brochure.

It is not a VW so they simply will not acknowledge or even discuss it. The Superb has the it as do some Audis as well but VW simply say they are not VW's and absolutely and point blank refuse to discuss that fact.

sunnynagi
07-08-2017, 12:09 PM
I find there refusal to acknowledge that TJA is going to be in the 2018 cars curious, has anyone taken delivery of one of those and can confirm or deny what they are saying.

I am waiting for my car coming end of this month, I spoke to a dealer in Sydney on Friday who confirmed that TJA is there in MY18. I asked her to email me the changes she has in front of her from VWA. I am still waiting for that email :(

spacemannz
07-08-2017, 12:28 PM
It is not a VW so they simply will not acknowledge or even discuss it. The Superb has the it as do some Audis as well but VW simply say they are not VW's and absolutely and point blank refuse to discuss that fact.

Yeah it's a bit of an inconsistent message coming from VWA. Both use the same MQB platform and presumably hardware and software base. Apparently Aussie road quality is good enough for Skoda but not VW.
And yet, recent arrival MY18 Tiguan owners are being told it has it...and Adaptive Lane Assist (said to be a key component) is a visible option in the menu. I note that nobody has reported if it actually works yet, and the TheTig's comment below quoted VWA threatening to recall MY18 vehicles to have it disabled - that would be an interesting outcome :-(
I suspect VWA customer service are just reading from a script. They haven't yet bothered to update their brochures and spec sheets for MY18 online even though they are delivering the new spec.
We'll find out soon enough when the new MY18 owners actually find time to test it over the next few days.

Hugo_nz
07-08-2017, 12:31 PM
I have ordered an obdeleven tool so if I don't manage to get the car scanned before it arrives I will do so one I get the tool :-)

lm_jo
07-08-2017, 12:35 PM
I have ordered an obdeleven tool so if I don't manage to get the car scanned before it arrives I will do so one I get the tool :-)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLegend

TheTig
07-08-2017, 12:42 PM
I am waiting for my car coming end of this month, I spoke to a dealer in Sydney on Friday who confirmed that TJA is there in MY18. I asked her to email me the changes she has in front of her from VWA. I am still waiting for that email :(

Would like to get a copy of that if I may. Have emailed my dealer as well asking for 'proof' of MY18 changes provided by VWA.

TheTig
07-08-2017, 12:48 PM
Yeah it's a bit of an inconsistent message coming from VWA. Both use the same MQB platform and presumably hardware and software base. Apparently Aussie road quality is good enough for Skoda but not VW.
And yet, recent arrival MY18 Tiguan owners are being told it has it...and Adaptive Lane Assist (said to be a key component) is a visible option in the menu. I note that nobody has reported if it actually works yet, and the TheTig's comment below quoted VWA threatening to recall MY18 vehicles to have it disabled - that would be an interesting outcome :-(
I suspect VWA customer service are just reading from a script. They haven't yet bothered to update their brochures and spec sheets for MY18 online even though they are delivering the new spec.
We'll find out soon enough when the new MY18 owners actually find time to test it over the next few days.

Think it was a bit of a bluff from the customer service guy to be honest and a line he'd been fed by someone higher up about Aussie roads being the reason. Will keep persisting, next time I want proof of the MY18 changes though. May have another way into VW via a business manager at another dealership, our sons are friends and play footy together, had a nice chat yesterday about all things Tiguan so may try that one as well, at least to get another way into senior people as he dropped the MDs name.

Eyes24
07-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Would like to get a copy of that if I may. Have emailed my dealer as well asking for 'proof' of MY18 changes provided by VWA.

I think we should all be quiet about TJA until my18 come in, what if VWA tell dealerships to turn it off. We will all miss out, and won't be able to scan the my18 for the my17 people's.

Ozsko
07-08-2017, 02:07 PM
If they are determined to disable it on 2018 cars they could do that at either the PD stage or the first service. They would not be the first manufacturer to change cars, Ford detuned the Falcon at one point and there was a lot of unhappiness about that. In any case we only need a scan from another country and VWA can't stop that. My personal feeling is they have started on a course, perhaps before the first shipments reached this country last year and had a plan to introduce it in the 2018 model refresh because there was very little else they could offer. When they started to get inquiries they made up BS excuses and now they have no way out to explain their policy, all IMO of course.

TheTig
07-08-2017, 03:46 PM
If they are determined to disable it on 2018 cars they could do that at either the PD stage or the first service. They would not be the first manufacturer to change cars, Ford detuned the Falcon at one point and there was a lot of unhappiness about that. In any case we only need a scan from another country and VWA can't stop that. My personal feeling is they have started on a course, perhaps before the first shipments reached this country last year and had a plan to introduce it in the 2018 model refresh because there was very little else they could offer. When they started to get inquiries they made up BS excuses and now they have no way out to explain their policy, all IMO of course.

I reckon you're right on the money Ozsko, the 'why not' reason keeps changing, there is no consistency so they're making it up as they go which supports your theory.

Ozsko
07-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Think it was a bit of a bluff from the customer service guy to be honest and a line he'd been fed by someone higher up about Aussie roads being the reason. Will keep persisting, next time I want proof of the MY18 changes though. May have another way into VW via a business manager at another dealership, our sons are friends and play footy together, had a nice chat yesterday about all things Tiguan so may try that one as well, at least to get another way into senior people as he dropped the MDs name.

The dealers have a document listing all the changes to the 2018 car so your friend in dealer land will have seen that or should have.

IsDon
07-08-2017, 04:50 PM
The whole thing is a classic exercise in appalling customer relations from the masters of appalling customer relations.

My MY17 R-Line arrived in April. It had ALG enabled when it arrived. Just needed to be turned on via a selection in the MMI. No programming required. It works well. Keeps the car centred nicely in the lane, no bouncing off the extremities like Lane Assist does. This works above 60 KM/H. When combined with the Adaptive Cruise it makes for effortless freeway driving.

ALG uses the same system, and importantly the same road markings, that TJA uses. To say that Australian roads aren't good enough for TJA but ok for ALG is frankly ridiculous. Add this to the fact that Skoda's, with exactly the same hardware, have TJA activated and it makes their position even more silly. The fact that ALG is no longer available on vehicles being delivered now, and forthcoming MY18 vehicles, proves that it is a conscious decision made by VW Australia to not have this capability. The fact that mine has it is probably a programming oversight in one of the earlier deliveries.

I suspect, in fact I'm certain, the issue here is not roads, hardware or software. The reason is purely commercial.

The Tiguan is selling faster than the dealers can get them. VW Australia have no incentive to activate anything extra on cars that are already selling well. They can hold over these capabilities till MY18.5 or MY19 as a new capability not previously available. Of course the roads will still be the same standard.

The whole VAG group in Australia are unmitigated arseholes.

Ozsko
07-08-2017, 05:32 PM
I think I have it in writing from VWA that they will never sell a car in Oz with TJA enabled, either that or it was part of one of the conversations I had on the phone. Isdon, I will contact you shortly to discuss ALG. This is typical of corporations or individuals who make policy for to suit themselves on the run, they never like to back down as that is seen as defeat instead of admitting a mistake has been made and maybe a change of heart would make them look better in the eyes of the customer. When I worked for dealers and manufacturers I found that telling customers lies and BS never paid off because you had to remember who you lied and BS'd to and what you said and sooner or later it brought you undone. They could do what Tesla do, enable options for a price, why they can't see that is also baffling.

subbi
07-08-2017, 05:45 PM
The whole thing is a classic exercise in appalling customer relations from the masters of appalling customer relations.

My MY17 R-Line arrived in April. It had ALG enabled when it arrived. Just needed to be turned on via a selection in the MMI. No programming required. It works well. Keeps the car centred nicely in the lane, no bouncing off the extremities like Lane Assist does. This works above 60 KM/H. When combined with the Adaptive Cruise it makes for effortless freeway driving.

ALG uses the same system, and importantly the same road markings, that TJA uses. To say that Australian roads aren't good enough for TJA but ok for ALG is frankly ridiculous. Add this to the fact that Skoda's, with exactly the same hardware, have TJA activated and it makes their position even more silly. The fact that ALG is no longer available on vehicles being delivered now, and forthcoming MY18 vehicles, proves that it is a conscious decision made by VW Australia to not have this capability. The fact that mine has it is probably a programming oversight in one of the earlier deliveries.

I suspect, in fact I'm certain, the issue here is not roads, hardware or software. The reason is purely commercial.

The Tiguan is selling faster than the dealers can get them. VW Australia have no incentive to activate anything extra on cars that are already selling well. They can hold over these capabilities till MY18.5 or MY19 as a new capability not previously available. Of course the roads will still be the same standard.

The whole VAG group in Australia are unmitigated arseholes.

Hold on, wasn't there another thread, where a person has got a MY18 build and has ALG activated? He also mentioned that VW dealer had mentioned that TJA is available on MY18. Where did you hear that MY 18 is not getting ALG or TJA? MY 17.. Yes VW is not doing right by them, but not very sure on the MY 18 bit.

Check out the first response here.
Tiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/tiguan-my18-updates-spec-changes-117017-22.html)

Ozsko
07-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Read post #90.

IsDon
07-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Hold on, wasn't there another thread, where a person has got a MY18 build and has ALG activated? He also mentioned that VW dealer had mentioned that TJA is available on MY18. Where did you hear that MY 18 is not getting ALG or TJA? MY 17.. Yes VW is not doing right by them, but not very sure on the MY 18 bit.

Check out the first response here.
Tiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/tiguan-my18-updates-spec-changes-117017-22.html)

Just what people are being told mate.

VAG have history in this area. Releasing glossy brochures and press releases with supposed specs for new model runs only to disappoint customers when the vehicles are actually delivered.

A couple of years back, buyers of Q7s were told in glossy brochures, websites, configurators and the motoring press that their ordered, but yet to be delivered, vehicles would have CarPlay/Android Auto functionality. When the Q7s were delivered guess what? No CarPlay!

Imagine how p1ssed off those owners were. Nothing but a shrug of the shoulders from Audi Australia. Despite the promises made to owners, and the fact that vehicles in overseas markets had this functionality they steadfastly refused to acknowledge that it was available. To make matters worse, a subsequent upgrade in the next model run had this upgrade with identical hardware but despite their broken promises they still refuse to retrospectively fix what was promised.

Buying a VAG vehicle is a bit like buying a pig in a bag. You never know what you'll get until the car is actually delivered. That's just the way VAG does business. Dishonest cretins.

NZ_GolfR
08-08-2017, 07:31 AM
I only just got the chance to email the service manager at my dealer yesterday and found that he is away until tomorrow so I will let you know what he says about getting TJA activated on my car.

I have to say though reading some of the recent comments it sounds like a few of you really dislike/distrust VW which makes me wonder why, if you felt that way, you would buy another VW. I get that it is frustrating that VW customer service is giving some mixed answers but I think it probably comes down to the fact they just don't know. The excuse of the condition of Australian roads may have been the original reason that VW Group cars didn't come with that enabled where it was in Europe but if new models are now coming with it enabled customer service may not be aware of this and aren't going to give out information if they don't know for certain as that would get them in plenty of trouble I imagine.

I haven't ever dealt with VW Customer service over here, if they are anything like customer services for any other industry I have dealt with then I wouldn't trust them to have any of the latest technical information. If I ever have any issue I just go back to the dealer I purchased it from and either spoken to the Sales Manager I dealt with or the Service Manager and they have always helped out. I find speaking to the ones that have daily hands on experience with the cars will give you much better information. Have any of you guys spoken to the Service Managers at your dealers to see if there are any software updates available for your cars?

If this is just a software update as it sees then I would imagine once fully released they would load this when customers cars are next in for service like the do with any other software enhancement or fix. If the Tiguan is as popular as they seem to be and with so many sales they are struggling to meet demands then they may not want to publicly announce this new, reasonably major, enhancement to try and prevent an influx of cars coming into dealers just to have it done (which would cost either the dealer or VW for the time) rather than waiting for their next service.

Of course I could be all wrong and VW Australia could just be a bunch of b4stards and dishonest cretins :eek:

Ozsko
08-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Unfortunately you can't argue with a brick wall and VWA have that reputation when it comes to stuff of this nature. BTW having worked in and around service departments a large part of my working life I fail to see why a service advisor could not arrange to have a simple software issue dealt with. Fair enough he or she may not be familiar with it but that's why service departments have access to technical help desks that us ordinary plebs cannot access.

IsDon
08-08-2017, 12:25 PM
I only just got the chance to email the service manager at my dealer yesterday and found that he is away until tomorrow so I will let you know what he says about getting TJA activated on my car.

I have to say though reading some of the recent comments it sounds like a few of you really dislike/distrust VW which makes me wonder why, if you felt that way, you would buy another VW. I get that it is frustrating that VW customer service is giving some mixed answers but I think it probably comes down to the fact they just don't know. The excuse of the condition of Australian roads may have been the original reason that VW Group cars didn't come with that enabled where it was in Europe but if new models are now coming with it enabled customer service may not be aware of this and aren't going to give out information if they don't know for certain as that would get them in plenty of trouble I imagine.

I haven't ever dealt with VW Customer service over here, if they are anything like customer services for any other industry I have dealt with then I wouldn't trust them to have any of the latest technical information. If I ever have any issue I just go back to the dealer I purchased it from and either spoken to the Sales Manager I dealt with or the Service Manager and they have always helped out. I find speaking to the ones that have daily hands on experience with the cars will give you much better information. Have any of you guys spoken to the Service Managers at your dealers to see if there are any software updates available for your cars?

If this is just a software update as it sees then I would imagine once fully released they would load this when customers cars are next in for service like the do with any other software enhancement or fix. If the Tiguan is as popular as they seem to be and with so many sales they are struggling to meet demands then they may not want to publicly announce this new, reasonably major, enhancement to try and prevent an influx of cars coming into dealers just to have it done (which would cost either the dealer or VW for the time) rather than waiting for their next service.

Of course I could be all wrong and VW Australia could just be a bunch of b4stards and dishonest cretins :eek:

Don't get me wrong, I don't know what VAG customer service is in other markets, it may be quite different to here in Australia. Certainly some of your past posts regarding your experiences in NZ it seems this cretinous approach to customer service doesn't exist there. In Australia they are undoubtedly a pack of unhelpful arseholes.

Maybe there is some light on the horizon, for Audi at least. If you can decipher all the corporate nonsense jargon spoken by the new head of Audi Australia (why do these corporate oxygen thieves talk this way in press releases, it just makes them look like out of touch tools). Have a read here. https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/news/2017/Prestige/Audi/best-doesnt-mean-number-one-says-audi-108336

At least he acknowledges Audi can do a lot better for its customers in Australia. Let's hope so. Now to lop the heads of the cretins in VWA HQ and we might see some changes.

Ozsko
08-08-2017, 01:00 PM
To add to what Isdon has said my observation is that German corporations all have this type of attitude, our way or the highway. I have encountered it in other fields as well and other vehicle manufacturers and our thinking is directly opposite to theirs. The German corporate mentality definitely sees everything as black or white, there are no shades of grey, maybe I am being unfair but that is my experience. I also got the feeling that the CS people at the other end of the phone took some pleasure in defiantly refusing to discuss TJA at any level.

sharp
08-08-2017, 01:43 PM

Great news :)

NZ_GolfR
08-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Car is booked to go into the dealers on Friday. They are looking at a few errors I have been getting regarding Side Assist, Lane Assist, Rear Traffic and Front Assist not available as well as TPMS intermittently dropping off then reconnecting and defaulting to Fully Loaded settings. I am not sure about the TJA yet as I need to wait until the Service Manager is back tomorrow but if the update is available they should load it.

I am going to turn off the coding that I have done before I take it in. I'll then scan the car after and post up the details.

GabrielT
09-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Apparently TJA is introduced feature on the Arteon for Australia. Would like to see what excuse they give this time around. Was told that the road conditions here is different therefore they don't have plans to introduce that feature for the existing models.

Eyes24
09-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Apparently TJA is introduced feature on the Arteon for Australia. Would like to see what excuse they give this time around. Was told that the road conditions here is different therefore they don't have plans to introduce that feature for the existing models.

Nice [emoji23]

Ozsko
09-08-2017, 10:46 AM

HUH??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????? Shakes head and walks away.

GabrielT
09-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Volkswagen Australia (https://au.volkswagen.com.au/models/arteon-ryi?_ga=2.215749726.857159587.1496347648-108823514.1491132467)

Ozsko
09-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Volkswagen Australia (https://au.volkswagen.com.au/models/arteon-ryi?_ga=2.215749726.857159587.1496347648-108823514.1491132467)

No thanks, too expensive for what it is.

gorey
09-08-2017, 01:48 PM
I think GabrielT sent the link as it clearly mentions that the Arteon has TJA in VW Australia's own marketing materiel. Kinda contradicts what the not suitable for Australian roads stance from VW.

Ozsko
09-08-2017, 02:01 PM
The whole VWA argument is full of contradictions but they will not change their policy now as that would be seen as having made a mistake in the first place.

sharp
10-08-2017, 03:07 PM

Any updates?

NZ_GolfR
10-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Any updates?

It is going into the dealers tomorrow morning. The service manager said there was a software update applicable for my car for Adaptive Lane Assist but he hasn't said if it also enables TJA as well, I did email and ask but he hasn't come back to me yet so I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Am going to undo all the coding I have done tonight before I take it in so will run a scan afterwards and let you know.

sharp
10-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Am going to undo all the coding I have done tonight before I take it in so will run a scan afterwards and let you know
Cheers

NZ_GolfR
10-08-2017, 10:35 PM
So, I realised tonight as I was going to undo all the coding changes that I hadn't actually kept and accurate list of all the changes I made (silly me). So I have spent the last hour or so combing through all the posts here and other sites and put together a list of all the changes I made and the details for making them using an OBDeleven.
In case anyone is interested I have put a copy of this up here:

Sign in to your account (https://oncall-my.sharepoint.com/personal/aaron_oncall_co_nz/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?folderid=0f4dc463396db4edb8a708f6 cf05a45db&authkey=Ael0sU3jYUWXrvhcPsPaTI8)

I am pretty sure this covers everything I had done, as well as a couple extra that I might do when I get the car back but if there is anything missed let me know.

Gladbach
11-08-2017, 10:07 AM
So, I realised tonight as I was going to undo all the coding changes that I hadn't actually kept and accurate list of all the changes I made (silly me). So I have spent the last hour or so combing through all the posts here and other sites and put together a list of all the changes I made and the details for making them using an OBDeleven.

Sign in to your account (https://oncall-my.sharepoint.com/personal/aaron_oncall_co_nz/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?folderid=0f4dc463396db4edb8a708f6 cf05a45db&authkey=Ael0sU3jYUWXrvhcPsPaTI8)

I am pretty sure this covers everything I had done, as well as a couple extra that I might do when I get the car back but if there is anything missed let me know.

Thanks. The ODBEleven though has a log of all the changes you've made that you can email to yourself.

NZ_GolfR
11-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Thanks. The ODBEleven though has a log of all the changes you've made that you can email to yourself.

Yes it does however I have done lots of tinkering (changing a setting and then putting it back again) when trying to work things out so my history in OBDeleven is quite long now.

I might take a backup if this and now the car is back to original settings clear the history (I assume you can do this) and start from fresh again.

I am still doing some tinkering trying to work out the coding for the rear lights as I want to turn the park lights on as DRL as well. So far al the coding I found for other VAG models doesn't seem to work on the new Tig.

veew
11-08-2017, 10:25 AM
So I have spent the last hour or so combing through all the posts here and other sites and put together a list of all the changes I made and the details for making them using an OBDeleven.

Cheers mate

Gladbach
11-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Yes it does however I have done lots of tinkering (changing a setting and then putting it back again) when trying to work things out so my history in OBDeleven is quite long now.

I might take a backup if this and now the car is back to original settings clear the history (I assume you can do this) and start from fresh again.

I am still doing some tinkering trying to work out the coding for the rear lights as I want to turn the park lights on as DRL as well. So far al the coding I found for other VAG models doesn't seem to work on the new Tig.

Yeah, fair enough. Thanks for that doc, will come in handy. Do you have a setting to disable the safety message that pops up on the discover pro every 2nd startup?

VWVY
11-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Yeah, fair enough. Thanks for that doc, will come in handy. Do you have a setting to disable the safety message that pops up on the discover pro every 2nd startup?

Hi Gladbach .. u referring to this? Screen nag (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/mk2-tiguan-vcds-tweaks-116815-post1223437.html#post1223437)

NZ_GolfR
11-08-2017, 11:35 AM
I stumbled across that one when I was looking for all the other codes. Interestingly though I don't seem to get any of these nag screens at all on mine, the most I get is it reminding me to take my phone when I turn the car off. I wonder if it is an Australian setting we don't have turned on over here?

NZ_GolfR
11-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just got home from picking up my car and unfortunately the update they have loaded hasn't enabled TJA. It has enabled ALG but just did a quick check of the coding for this and it is actually set as "Late (Setting via Menu)" rather than Early. It still only kicks in at over 65kmh (didn't get a chance to test it as too much traffic) and car doesn't auto resume after 3secs. I will try emailing my service manager again but I think it looks like we might have to wait for Hugo_nz to get his OBDeleven to see his coding.

On a positive note, I did do a bit more playing with the coding for the rear DRL and managed to get it working so the rear lights look like this with just the front DRL on now:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/917f77bfb4557288fe1afa2d20555d1c-1.jpg

I will post up details of the coding later if anyone is interested.

veew
11-08-2017, 04:32 PM
On a positive note, I did do a bit more playing with the coding for the rear DRL and managed to get it working so the rear lights look like this with just the front DRL on now:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/917f77bfb4557288fe1afa2d20555d1c-1.jpg
I will post up details of the coding later if anyone is interested.

Yes please! What did it look like before?

Ozsko
11-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just got home from picking up my car and unfortunately the update they have loaded hasn't enabled TJA.

Perhaps send it to the same dealer who did the first two cars or at least have a chat to ascertain what needs to be done. VWNZ are OK with it so a dealer should be able to figure it out or ring VW and ask them.

NZ_GolfR
11-08-2017, 05:32 PM

As standard if you just have the DRL on then no lights are on the back. These are the park lights and normally only come on when the headlights are on.

During the day the brake lights look like this (pic borrowed from another thread on here):

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/d332439f0086db3931277d5a60b7a8d9-1.jpg

When the park lights are on the brake lights look like this:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/5a8bcda05781dd6b5ac17ee1854dcb57-1.jpg

I really liked the look of the rear park lights which is why I wanted to have them as rear DRLs.

GeeMoney
11-08-2017, 07:57 PM
TJA seems to be a standard on the new MY18 Audi's in the Netherlands. But on the Tiguan configurator the Volkswagen site still tells me it's a seperate option that I need to buy. On the audi website in the configurator the option isn't there but people confirm that if you have the MY18 it's activated by default.
Let's hope we get positive feedback from the OBDeleven.

Gladbach
11-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Hi Gladbach .. u referring to this? Screen nag (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/mk2-tiguan-vcds-tweaks-116815-post1223437.html#post1223437)

Yep, that worked. Thanks.

Aus_fas
12-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Yep, that worked. Thanks.5F...?
Can you please list OBDeleven steps for Tiguan to disable that message ?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

NZ_GolfR
12-08-2017, 09:08 AM
5F...?
Can you please list OBDeleven steps for Tiguan to disable that message ?

5F is the module number which in OBDeleven is listed in the circle on the right had side on the list of modules. From memory I think module 5F will be the Infotainment Control Unit.

Aus_fas
12-08-2017, 09:09 AM
5F is the module number which in OBDeleven is listed in the circle on the right had side on the list of modules. From memory I think module 5F will be the Infotainment Control Unit.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks, will give it shot this weekend

Gladbach
12-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Thanks, will give it shot this weekend

This might help.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/2rrvvj8png-1.jpg

Aus_fas
12-08-2017, 09:48 AM
This might help.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/2rrvvj8png-1.jpgExcellent, thanks

Aus_fas
12-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Excellent, thanks

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TapatalkGetting an error on long coding as soon as I select this http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/179c570382ebc7d9c96114930453762e-1.jpg

Aus_fas
12-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Cleared app data... fixed it.

Hugo_nz
14-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Did a quick vid this morning of lane guidance working below 60km/h:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBkifd8XcP4

gorey
14-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Nice, Hugo, when do you think you will get your OBDeleven?

GeeMoney
14-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Did a quick vid this morning of lane guidance working below 60km/h:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBkifd8XcP4

But you had it already activated on buying the car? Or did you activate it in a later stage through VCDS? Or did you only activated ALG and then TJA was also working?

Aus_fas
14-08-2017, 05:12 PM
But you had it already activated on buying the car? Or did you activate it in a later stage through VCDS? Or did you only activated ALG and then TJA was also working?I think Hugo couldn't get OBD eleven on-time before the software update by dealer. Once Hugo provides the scan peanut or Golf_nz might be able to find out the bits that are different to help all of us [emoji10]

Hugo_nz
14-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Nice, Hugo, when do you think you will get your OBDeleven?

Sigh I don't know. Feels like it should have been here already.

Hugo_nz
16-08-2017, 07:40 AM
Tracking my parcel has revealed that my OBDeleven has arrived in NZ :-) I also noticed yesterday that my car has "learned" that I drive slightly to the left side of the lane, and now keeps me thereabouts...no longer ping-ponging between the lines.

Hugo_nz
16-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Hi folks. How do I do the scan you are all pining after? I messed around with the software a bit tonight. Certainly easer than coding a BMW. Also, I am unable to access coding or adaptions for module A5. I get an error every time, even with the correct access code.

NZ_GolfR
16-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Hi folks. How do I do the scan you are all pining after? I messed around with the software a bit tonight. Certainly easer than coding a BMW. Also, I am unable to access coding or adaptions for module A5. I get an error every time, even with the correct access code.

This will give you a basic backup of the modules in the car which will give the long coding for all the modules although it seems that 09 Central Electronics shows long coding with all zeros for some reason. You can also go in and backup each module individually which gives all the adaptions as well.

Traffic Jam Assist (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/traffic-jam-assist-119112-post1234744.html#post1234744)

Interesting you can't get into module A5, which access code are you using?

Hugo_nz
17-08-2017, 04:31 AM
This will give you a basic backup of the modules in the car which will give the long coding for all the modules although it seems that 09 Central Electronics shows long coding with all zeros for some reason. You can also go in and backup each module individually which gives all the adaptions as well.

Traffic Jam Assist (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/traffic-jam-assist-119112-post1234744.html#post1234744)

Interesting you can't get into module A5, which access code are you using?

Will do that this AM. For A5 I am using 20103.

Hugo_nz
17-08-2017, 06:21 AM
Hope this is what you are after:

OBDeleven data log

Date: 2017-08-17 07:35

VIN: XXX
Car: Volkswagen Tiguan
Year: 2017
Body type: SUV
Engine: CZPA 132 kW (180 HP) 1.984 l
Mileage: 2171 KM

---------------------------------------------------------------
01 Engine

System description: 2.0 R4 TFSI
Software number: 5NA907115D
Software version: 0003
Hardware number: 06L907309B
Hardware version: H31
ODX name: EV_ECM20TFS0115NA907115D
ODX version: 001004
Long coding: 012500322466050B34100000000000000000000000000000

Trouble codes:
No trouble codes found

02 Transmission

System description: GSG DQ500
Software number: 0DL300011P
Software version: 2002
Hardware number: 0GC927711G
Hardware version: H06
ODX name: EV_TCMDQ500021
ODX version: 001001
Long coding: 0014

Trouble codes:
No trouble codes found

03 Brakes

System description: ESC
Software number: 5Q0614517CF
Software version: 0513
Hardware number: 5Q0614517AD
Hardware version: H25
Serial number: 60547000000212
ODX name: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB
ODX version: 036010
Long coding: 0AEE939A54202373477F070162C64950C92AC4E2E046927D38 42500842AA4200002F641A1B13111435351919323200

Trouble codes:
No trouble codes found

08 Air Conditioning

System description: AC Automat
Software number: 5NA907044N
Software version: 4301
Hardware number: 5NA907044N
Hardware version: H35
Serial number: 00000B00427990
ODX name: EV_ACClimaPrehVW37X
ODX version: 002023
Long coding: 0012000420010001110510000010102A

Trouble codes:
No trouble codes found

09 Central Electrics

System description: BCM MQBAB M+
Software number: 5Q0937084CF
Software version: 0236
Hardware number: 5Q0937084CF
Hardware version: H34
Serial number: 02001705401292
ODX name: EV_BCMMQB
ODX version: 017001
Long coding: 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000

Subsystems:
System description: 326 RL 161220
Software version: 0372
Hardware version: 033
Serial number: 00000001612140480936
Long coding: 0E4DDD

System description: RLHS
Software version: 0105
Hardware version: 042
Serial number: S3Y17M02D28H20M24S43
Long coding: 00A8DD

System description: Sensor, DWA
Software version: 0316
Hardware version: 005
Serial number: 000000000ZY1702302H1

System description: Sirene, DWA
Software version: 0314
Serial number: 00000000000068596766

Trouble codes:
U112100 - Databus missing message
Intermittent

13 Adaptive Cruise Control

System description: ACCCONTIMQB
Software number: 2Q0907572J
Software version: 0156
Hardware number: 2Q0907572B
Hardware version: H01
ODX name: EV_ACCMRRCONTIVW376
ODX version: 001011
Long coding: 320047C35CFF8728749C8065304085

Trouble codes:
Intermittent
Intermittent

15 Airbag

System description: AirbagVW21
Software number: 5Q0959655AR
Software version: 0317
Hardware number: 5Q0959655AR
Hardware version: 003
Serial number: 003TDR2M44P0
ODX name: EV_AirbaVW20SMEVW37X
ODX version: 002154
Long coding: 98CCC0C00C0000005C5400CF008800000065

Subsystems:
System description: BeltPretRevFL
Software version: 1032
Hardware version: 106
Serial number: 5NC857705C0044R01464
Long coding: 80000D

System description: BeltPretRevFR
Serial number: 5NC857706C0047R01489

System description: SideSensor_Df
Software version: 0887
Hardware version: 001
Serial number: 35700000000613C81E1I
Long coding: 2D2D2D

System description: SideSensor_Pf
Serial number: 358000000002AA9C122L

System description: SideSensor_Dr
Software version: 6149
Hardware version: 000
Serial number: 3510001B72465B45B493

NZ_GolfR
17-08-2017, 06:58 AM
Thanks, I am assuming there was more to this as there should have been a lot more modules but might be too much to list on a single post. I can already see some differences in the long coding of some of the modules compared to mine already I see yours isn't an R-Line so it will make it a bit more difficult to compare the differences.

I'll send you a PM with my email address and you can email me the full list if it is easier.

sharp
17-08-2017, 02:42 PM
Hope this is what you are after:

OBDeleven data log

Date: 2017-08-17 07:35

VIN: XXX
Car: Volkswagen Tiguan
Year: 2017
Body type: SUV
Engine: CZPA 132 kW (180 HP) 1.984 l
Mileage: 2171 KM

01 Engine

System description: 2.0 R4 TFSI
Software number: 5NA907115D
Software version: 0003
Hardware number: 06L907309B
Hardware version: H31
ODX name: EV_ECM20TFS0115NA907115D
ODX version: 001004
Long coding: 012500322466050B34100000000000000000000000000000

Trouble codes:
No trouble codes found

02 Transmission

System description: GSG DQ500
Software number: 0DL300011P
Software version: 2002
Hardware number: 0GC927711G
Hardware version: H06
ODX name: EV_TCMDQ500021
ODX version: 001001
Long coding: 0014

Trouble codes:
No trouble codes found

03 Brakes

System description: ESC
Software number: 5Q0614517CF
Software version: 0513
Hardware number: 5Q0614517AD
Hardware version: H25
Serial number: 60547000000212
ODX name: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB
ODX version: 036010
Long coding: 0AEE939A54202373477F070162C64950C92AC4E2E046927D38 42500842AA4200002F641A1B13111435351919323200

Trouble codes:
No trouble codes found

08 Air Conditioning

System description: AC Automat
Software number: 5NA907044N
Software version: 4301
Hardware number: 5NA907044N
Hardware version: H35
Serial number: 00000B00427990
ODX name: EV_ACClimaPrehVW37X
ODX version: 002023
Long coding: 0012000420010001110510000010102A

Trouble codes:
No trouble codes found

09 Central Electrics

System description: BCM MQBAB M+
Software number: 5Q0937084CF
Software version: 0236
Hardware number: 5Q0937084CF
Hardware version: H34
Serial number: 02001705401292
ODX name: EV_BCMMQB
ODX version: 017001
Long coding: 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000

Subsystems:
System description: 326 RL 161220
Software version: 0372
Hardware version: 033
Serial number: 00000001612140480936
Long coding: 0E4DDD

System description: RLHS
Software version: 0105
Hardware version: 042
Serial number: S3Y17M02D28H20M24S43
Long coding: 00A8DD

System description: Sensor, DWA
Software version: 0316
Serial number: 000000000ZY1702302H1

System description: Sirene, DWA
Software version: 0314
Serial number: 00000000000068596766

Trouble codes:
Intermittent

13 Adaptive Cruise Control

System description: ACCCONTIMQB
Software number: 2Q0907572J
Software version: 0156
Hardware number: 2Q0907572B
Hardware version: H01
ODX name: EV_ACCMRRCONTIVW376
ODX version: 001011
Long coding: 320047C35CFF8728749C8065304085

Trouble codes:
Intermittent
Intermittent

15 Airbag

System description: AirbagVW21
Software number: 5Q0959655AR
Software version: 0317
Hardware number: 5Q0959655AR
Hardware version: 003
Serial number: 003TDR2M44P0
ODX name: EV_AirbaVW20SMEVW37X
ODX version: 002154
Long coding: 98CCC0C00C0000005C5400CF008800000065

Subsystems:
System description: BeltPretRevFL
Serial number: 5NC857705C0044R01464

System description: BeltPretRevFR
Serial number: 5NC857706C0047R01489

System description: SideSensor_Df
Serial number: 35700000000613C81E1I

System description: SideSensor_Pf
Serial number: 358000000002AA9C122L

System description: SideSensor_Dr
Software version: 6149
Hardware version: 000
Serial number: 3510001B72465B45B493

Thanks Hugo_nz. I suspect experts would like to see the long coding for Module A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System

NZ_GolfR, I'm happy to send you my non-R-line 162TSI data log if it helps.

NZ_GolfR
17-08-2017, 03:21 PM
So I decided to email VWNZ today to see what they say about the software update to enable TJA and this is the response I got back:

"The Traffic Jam Assist became available from Calendar Week 45 2016, 30th October 2016 ~ 5th November 2016.
Your vehicle was built on Calendar Week 44 2016. This function was never available for this vehicle."

If this is true then apparently I missed out by a week. Once Hugo_nz manages to get a full scan of the car then I will have a look and compare hardware versions of the different modules, particularly A5, and see if there is any hardware difference, that would be the only thing I could see that would prevent this being enabled on my car.

Hugo_nz
17-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Cant do a full scan tonight but this should help. Coding for ACC and Camera are visible.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/e1d2c4527629bf4fd80ec9cbd1d22089-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/a943ea7c3d6c90a2de343c746dd9e001-1.jpg

On the plus side I managed to gain access to A5 and completed coding for highbeam assist (non bending led headlights fitted). Will take a drive later to test.

NZ_GolfR
17-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Cant do a full scan tonight but this should help. Coding for ACC and Camera are visible.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/e1d2c4527629bf4fd80ec9cbd1d22089-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/a943ea7c3d6c90a2de343c746dd9e001-1.jpg

On the plus side I managed to gain access to A5 and completed coding for highbeam assist (non bending led headlights fitted). Will take a drive later to test.

Thanks, will compare it to mine tonight and see what I can see. When you get a change can you backup each of those modules and send it through so I can see the adaption channels as well.

sharp
17-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Once Hugo_nz manages to get a full scan of the car then I will have a look and compare hardware versions of the different modules, particularly A5, and see if there is any hardware difference, that would be the only thing I could see that would prevent this being enabled on my car.

My hardware numbers and versions are the same as Hugo's. I guess that's a good sign. Apart from codings only difference I have is A5's software version. His 0271, mine 0231.

smarty
17-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Same as me, software version 231, I just did a scan of mine with obd11

For some reason though, it thinks it's the older 2011 r line and I can't change it (in the info bit / picture of the older model is showing / apps and gauges seem to have all the older model ones)

It's not the 2017 one with apps and gauges that you can select in the supported vehicles list. Anyone else have this or know how I can fix it/change it to?

GeeMoney
18-08-2017, 04:08 AM
So things seems to close down now?
Is it possible to update the module software? From 231 to the newer version?
I have an Rline and it should have no TJA enabled although my dealer is clear about it the internet states other wise. When my car comes in I will let you know right away and I can make a possible dump too. A friend is having the OBD stuff and VCDS.

NZ_GolfR
18-08-2017, 08:18 AM

Here you go: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/mk2-tiguan-vcds-tweaks-116815-post1238415.html#post1238415)

DV52
18-08-2017, 05:58 PM
only difference I have is A5's software version. His 0271, mine 0231.

Sharp: been reading these posts with interest - an excellent community exercise. But your revelation is not good!! It suggests that Hugo's had the firmware in his module updated.

I suspect (fear) that Traffic Jam Assist might be SWAP (SoftWare As Product) - which means that it might need an updated firmware file from VW together with an activation number that specific to the car's VIN.

I HOPE THAT I'M WRONG!!

Don

TheTig
18-08-2017, 08:15 PM
My hardware numbers and versions are the same as Hugo's. I guess that's a good sign. Apart from codings only difference I have is A5's software version. His 0271, mine 0231.

Received my ODB11 today and ran a scan, also seeing same results as Sharp, did enable ALG and the option is visible in the menus now, lets hope Dons suspicions are not correct to get TJA enabled ��

zzc2010
20-08-2017, 04:01 AM
Can anyone source the new firmware for the Camera Module A5?

The new firmware enables Lane Assist from 0 km/h.

refstar
20-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Question guys - how does TJA actually work? Is it same as adaptive cruise control?

Hugo_nz
20-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Question guys - how does TJA actually work? Is it same as adaptive cruise control?

Works like ACC with Adaptive Lane Guidance does on the motorway, but at speeds below 60km/h. Accelerates, brakes, drives off and has a degree of lane guidance.

refstar
20-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Works like ACC with Adaptive Lane Guidance does on the motorway, but at speeds below 60km/h. Accelerates, brakes, drives off and has a degree of lane guidance.

Oh right, so basically navigates you in traffic below 60? Does it steer as well? Pretty cool option tbh

Hugo_nz
20-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Oh right, so basically navigates you in traffic below 60? Does it steer as well? Pretty cool option tbh

It does. Its quite good at it too, but when it sees a sharp curve it deactivates. Its not really self driving though...more a driving aid.

refstar
20-08-2017, 08:55 AM
It does. Its quite good at it too, but when it sees a sharp curve it deactivates. Its not really self driving though...more a driving aid.

Oh sweet, nice, thanks for the quick reply :) love my golfs but am thinking a TDI Tiguan is my next car due to a bit more flexibility with space etc.

Hugo_nz
20-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Oh sweet, nice, thanks for the quick reply :) love my golfs but am thinking a TDI Tiguan is my next car due to a bit more flexibility with space etc.

No worries :-) We traded in a Golf and a CC on our two Tiguans so we understand the practicality argument well.

refstar
20-08-2017, 09:06 AM
No worries :-) We traded in a Golf and a CC on our two Tiguans so we understand the practicality argument well.

Loving your posts btw esp your coding ones, a bit goes over my head ha ha but I love it when people dig into ECU's and unleash hidden features etc

DV52
20-08-2017, 11:12 AM

like this (video is for Audi - but it's the same for any VAG vehicle

https://youtu.be/WuCN4UMST-M

Ozsko
20-08-2017, 11:44 AM
I recall seeing an interview with a Bosch representative and he said at the time (two years ago??) that Bosch had the technology to make a fully autonomous car but the public were not ready for it so their plan was to have one on the market by 2025 IIRC. From what I have seen the Europeans and in particular Mercedes seem to be pushing autonomous truck introduction ahead of cars. They are running an autonomous truck in the US in service and have been for some time.

mercedes autonomous truck trial - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mercedes+autonomous+truck+tri al)

sharp
22-08-2017, 08:08 AM
nz_golfr, could you look at the adaptations?

TheTig
22-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Had another 'discussion' with VWA yesterday regarding enabling TJA on MY17 vehicles, based on the information from Eyes24 supplied from the dealer, VWA are still saying that TJA is not currently enabled on MY18 Tiguans or MY17 for that matter, when pushed on the future he was coy and mentioned it was being looked at. From the tone of the conversation the gent I spoke to had already been down the TJA path before with other customers as he was a little abrupt at times and didn't really want to discuss it besides pushing the company line, he did come around in the end and loosen up a bit in conversation. He did say that if dealers are telling customers that TJA was on MY18 cars they were doing purely to sell a car and bending the truth to do so. Gut feel is VWA are considering adding TJA, need more people to ring up/write to VWA asking for it.

Eyes24
22-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Had another 'discussion' with VWA yesterday regarding enabling TJA on MY17 vehicles, based on the information from Eyes24 supplied from the dealer, VWA are still saying that TJA is not currently enabled on MY18 Tiguans or MY17 for that matter, when pushed on the future he was coy and mentioned it was being looked at. From the tone of the conversation the gent I spoke to had already been down the TJA path before with other customers as he was a little abrupt at times and didn't really want to discuss it besides pushing the company line, he did come around in the end and loosen up a bit in conversation. He did say that if dealers are telling customers that TJA was on MY18 cars they were doing purely to sell a car and bending the truth to do so. Gut feel is VWA are considering adding TJA, need more people to ring up/write to VWA asking for it.

Good job Tig

Ozsko
22-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Why they just don't make it an upgrade that the customer can elect to pay for is beyond my comprehension. I must be on a black list as they won't answer my emails, excellent customer relations I don't think. Any major feature that can be coded into the car should have a cost attached and give the customer the choice which could be presented the same way as the accessory packs VWA love and cherish so much. The dealers would like it because they would get a cut as well and it would be traffic through their service department.

TheTig
22-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Why they just don't make it an upgrade that the customer can elect to pay for is beyond my comprehension. I must be on a black list as they won't answer my emails, excellent customer relations I don't think. Any major feature that can be coded into the car should have a cost attached and give the customer the choice which could be presented the same way as the accessory packs VWA love and cherish so much. The dealers would like it because they would get a cut as well and it would be traffic through their service department.

I'd be happy to pay for the upgrade as well, the current stance doesn't make a whole lot of sense

GeeMoney
22-08-2017, 04:20 PM
I'd be happy to pay for the upgrade as well, the current stance doesn't make a whole lot of sense

We had one member that got the TJA enabled, right?
How did he do that? Must be by the dealer?
My dealer told me if you did not buy or select the option on getting the car, it's not possible to simply enable it or upgrade later on as the official German VW factory needs to code something in it...
Could be a bogus story of course to push me off this track to get it enabled.
If my new Tig does not have it enabled I will contact VW Germany and i'm able and willing to drive to the factory in Germany if I have to. Lets wait and see how they respond to that :cool:

Ozsko
25-08-2017, 03:24 PM
There have been two cars in NZ that have had TJA enabled by the dealer, no one else seems interested in following up in NZ which puzzles me. Can ayone from NZ shed some light on why they haven't had TJA activated?

I drove a brand new Adventurer today to see if TJA is or isn't enabled and I came away puzzled to say the least. ACC is certainly active down to stop and when the car in front moved away the motor restarted but the vehicle did no move off without me pressing the resume button. I could not test it extensively in heavy traffic as this was at a rural dealer and they don't have traffic jams in their town. The three second delay was also not present or maybe it was but the motor restarted after more than three seconds stationary. As for self steering we were not in an area where I couldn't positively say it was working but it seemed to be. When the button on the end of the blinker stalk was pressed ALG did not appear in that list but I don't know whether it should have or not.

Adz11
25-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Has any found out if tja can exist in a tiggy that does not have active info display.

Delewin
25-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Hi AD Z11
I believe the answer is no as you need a minimum of active cruise control and that only came with the active info display.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adz11
25-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Thanks Delewin.
I wonder if acc can be coded in via vcds as I know the mk7 golf has it and they don't have the active invo display.

Delewin
25-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Hi Adz11
My gut feel is still negative as I think you need additional modules in the electronic control box. Better minds on this forum can provide more specific info.

Adz11
25-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Delewin.
My fear is your probably right, I can only hope. Isdon is going to do some vcds tweaks for me at some point, I might ask him to have a look through and have a play.

Hugo_nz
26-08-2017, 05:11 AM
Hi folks. I got the backup of my ACC module done will email those who request it. I have discovered an error in OBDEleven though. When I access long coding on the ACC module and try and change anything I get an “Something went wrong. Try again” error. Going into manual long coding allows me to change options but most of the descriptions are missing ie byte 7 shows only “...”. Only a few of the options in the long coding helper shows up in manual long coding. I am working with OBDEleven on this.

Hugo_nz
26-08-2017, 05:17 AM
Hi AD Z11
I believe the answer is no as you need a minimum of active cruise control and that only came with the active info display.

Not so. ACC does not compel AID.

Eyes24
26-08-2017, 08:14 AM
Not so. ACC does not compel AID.

Hi mate, having spent most of the arvo in the car, I can confirm that it definitely has TJA - as per the manual, there is no option to 'enable/disable', it is simply active when Lane Assist (with ALG) and ACC are operating on the highway and traffic drops below 65km/h... Works perfectly too, brakes and steers to a stop & goes again too!... The new media screen is awesome too - almost the size of an iPad in the dash!

Very happy with the car and worth the wait! :)

He just picked up his my18 Tiguan .

Delewin
26-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Hugo are you confusing Cruise Control and Active Cruise Contol?

GeeMoney
26-08-2017, 08:50 AM

I know on my previous car ACC (adaptive cruise control) was available without AID.

Hugo_nz
26-08-2017, 08:58 AM

No I am not. ACC and Active Info Display are available exclusive of each other. TJA is not a seprate hardware option as it is part of ACC. Nowhere does VW state that ordering ACC compels the customer to order AID.

Jap
26-08-2017, 09:19 AM
I had to register to answer this, ok I have a golf 7 facelift and I'm a Pom but don't hold that against me, I might be able to help, so I had the same problem as you (something went wrong), but in the central electronics, and the way I sorted it was clear the app data on the android, then load up obd11 and sign in, then it all worked again, also TJA was a option in one of the packs here in the UK, but my car didn't have it, but my Lane assist today (had tried before and it didn't work under a curtain speed) worked all the way down to a standstill, but my ACC stopped after my car had stopped for 3 seconds and I had to press the res button,
Hope this helps

Jap
26-08-2017, 09:22 AM
We had one member that got the TJA enabled, right?
How did he do that? Must be by the dealer?
My dealer told me if you did not buy or select the option on getting the car, it's not possible to simply enable it or upgrade later on as the official German VW factory needs to code something in it...
Could be a bogus story of course to push me off this track to get it enabled.
If my new Tig does not have it enabled I will contact VW Germany and i'm able and willing to drive to the factory in Germany if I have to. Lets wait and see how they respond to that :cool:
New Zealand member, as I understand their vw group seem to be nicer than vwa

Jap
26-08-2017, 09:26 AM
There have been two cars in NZ that have had TJA enabled by the dealer, no one else seems interested in following up in NZ which puzzles me. Can ayone from NZ shed some light on why they haven't had TJA activated?

I drove a brand new Adventurer today to see if TJA is or isn't enabled and I came away puzzled to say the least. ACC is certainly active down to stop and when the car in front moved away the motor restarted but the vehicle did no move off without me pressing the resume button. I could not test it extensively in heavy traffic as this was at a rural dealer and they don't have traffic jams in their town. The three second delay was also not present or maybe it was but the motor restarted after more than three seconds stationary. As for self steering we were not in an area where I couldn't positively say it was working but it seemed to be. When the button on the end of the blinker stalk was pressed ALG did not appear in that list but I don't know whether it should have or not.
Ok the acc works down to 0 mph, and when stopped for 3 seconds it will not move off on its own, but if the car in front moves the stop start starts the car but does not move off, that's how the ACC works, this is not TJA

Also when you press the stalk you do not get ALG on the list, only lane assist, the ALG is pre selected in the mib as an option to work alongside lane assist

Hope this helps

Jap
26-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Hi Adz11
My gut feel is still negative as I think you need additional modules in the electronic control box. Better minds on this forum can provide more specific info.

Not so sure about that as the members from NZ who had it added just had the standard lane assist, front assist, side assist, rear assist and ACC,
It looks like one of the modules firmware was updated and some options in the long coding were changed

Ozsko
26-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Ok the acc works down to 0 mph, and when stopped for 3 seconds it will not move off on its own, but if the car in front moves the stop start starts the car but does not move off, that's how the ACC works, this is not TJA

Also when you press the stalk you do not get ALG on the list, only lane assist, the ALG is pre selected in the mib as an option to work alongside lane assist

Hope this helps

OK, stating the obvious the Adventure did not have TJA activated which is what VWA has said, the Tiguan does not have it but then we get conflicting advice from at least one new owner. Having just re-read the thread the post confirming TJA in a car has been removed, I can see a quote from it but not the original post.

Delewin
26-08-2017, 01:17 PM
In Australia ACC was rolled into AID and not available separately.

Eyes24
26-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Hi mate, having spent most of the arvo in the car, I can confirm that it definitely has TJA - as per the manual, there is no option to 'enable/disable', it is simply active when Lane Assist (with ALG) and ACC are operating on the highway and traffic drops below 65km/h... Works perfectly too, brakes and steers to a stop & goes again too!... The new media screen is awesome too - almost the size of an iPad in the dash!

Very happy with the car and worth the wait! :)

Aus_fas
26-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Hi folks. I got the backup of my ACC module done will email those who request it. I have discovered an error in OBDEleven though. When I access long coding on the ACC module and try and change anything I get an “Something went wrong. Try again” error. Going into manual long coding allows me to change options but most of the descriptions are missing ie byte 7 shows only “...”. Only a few of the options in the long coding helper shows up in manual long coding. I am working with OBDEleven on this.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkTry clearing app cache from Android->settings->app->obd11

Hugo_nz
26-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Try clearing app cache from Android->settings->app->obd11

That was the first thing I tried.

Eyes24
26-08-2017, 03:37 PM
This is in the manual of my18 Tiguan
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/08/60a85277ec6eab70a623f07107e0f694-1.jpg

sharp
26-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Manuals are useless, they are not country specific and list every feature under the sun. My manual (MY17) has TJA too.

Eyes24
26-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Manuals are useless, they are not country specific and list every feature under the sun. My manual (MY17) has TJA too.

Oh ok. Anyway TJA has been confirmed by my friend who works for Vw dealership, and by a forum member who picked his my18 up yesterday.

GeeMoney
26-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Oh ok. Anyway TJA has been confirmed by my friend who works for Vw dealership, and by a forum member who picked his my18 up yesterday.

The question (for me) is if they bought the option or not? My Tiguan should arrive next week at my dealer so within 2 weeks I should be able to see if my Tiguan had TJA without buying the option.

Eyes24
26-08-2017, 05:47 PM
The question (for me) is if they bought the option or not? My Tiguan should arrive next week at my dealer so within 2 weeks I should be able to see if my Tiguan had TJA without buying the option.

You don't have to buy TJA . His Tiguan was fully loaded rline.

Ozsko
26-08-2017, 06:35 PM
And the brand new Adventure I drove yesterday did not have it activated. VWA are saying the dealers have it wrong and the Tiguan will not have it activated and that the dealers should not be telling people it will be. Who are we to believe?

GeeMoney
26-08-2017, 06:59 PM
You don't have to buy TJA . His Tiguan was fully loaded rline.

Here in The Netherlands even if you buy a full R-line the TJA is still a seperate option on the list. The official dealer invoice lists all the options with their short codes like in the brochure, and on mine TJA is not on the list. I was also surprised and was too late to change my order as it was already in production and I didn't want to wait another 5 months. So hopefully we can enable it via VCDS soon as I do have all the camera's etc. needed to work. Or my dealer is wrong and from MY18 onward, TJA is default enabled (rumors, not confirmed yet) I can confirm it within 2-3 weeks as I do have the MY18 build.

Adz11
27-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Jap.
Did you golf come with acc,or are you saying after you cleared app data you then managed to activate it. Also does your golf have aid..
'cheers.

Jap
28-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Jap.
Did you golf come with acc,or are you saying after you cleared app data you then managed to activate it. Also does your golf have aid..
'cheers.

Yes my golf came with ACC, AID, front assist, rear assist, side assist, trailer assist, lane assist, light assist, park assist, discover pro and road sign recognition,
I didn't activate it, just every now and again lane assist works down to 0mph, it seems to be motorways do it and A roads don't

Mods I have tried/done is
Seat belt warning
VIM
Needle sweep
DRL in MMI
Change colour on AID to yellow
Change colour on AID to red (gti)
Change dials on AID to different design
Change boot logos on MMI to all 10 different types (gti changes all the blue lines to Red to match AID)
Added fuel fill level
Tried 5 brake lights but found out that only the drivers side is wired, which is the fog light, plus it doesn't go all the way across, only the inner of the inner light has LEDs in
Tried enabling the reverse camera (it uses it on trailer assist for measuring angles) but only managed to get it to open in reverse because when I took the trim off there was no video feed wire (still need to order one)
Stop/start deactivate (tested that it would accept 12v for a fellow owner)
Are some others but can't remember ha ha ha

I had to clear app data so that I could get into central electrics as it locked me out (kept coming up "something went wrong")

Hope that helps

GeeMoney
30-08-2017, 07:26 AM
Unfortunately, bad news.
As user "veew" has tested, his MY18 does not have TJA. I repeat, it does NOT have TJA enabled. Real bummer, we really need to get the long codings to test guy's. How are the dumps and analyses doing?

sharp
30-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Unfortunately, bad news.
As user "veew" has tested, his MY18 does not have TJA. I repeat, it does NOT have TJA enabled. Real bummer, we really need to get the long codings to test guy's. How are the dumps and analyses doing?

I don't think Hugo sent out his backups for us to compare. At least, I haven't received it.

subbi
30-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Unfortunately, bad news.

Hi, can you please point to the post of his test? I know there has been a real long discussion on TJA, but are you talking of the 3 second limit (after which you have to hit resume)?

NZ_GolfR
30-08-2017, 08:31 AM
I don't think Hugo sent out his backups for us to compare. At least, I haven't received it.

No, I am still waiting on a copy as well.

Aus_fas
30-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Unfortunately, bad news.
As user "veew" has tested, his MY18 does not have TJA. I repeat, it does NOT have TJA enabled. Real bummer, we really need to get the long codings to test guy's. How are the dumps and analyses doing?Is there any chance for Tig MY17 for TJA after coding or as mentioned in one of the replies that we need to have new firmware, if yes how can we get it or the dealer will install it on first service ?

spacemannz
30-08-2017, 08:59 AM
I am wondering if TJA has a dependency on traffic sign recognition? I would think that semi autonomous vehicles would need to be mindful of speed limits and not assume the car in front is keeping under the limit. Perhaps that is why VWA aren't supporting it because they haven set all the algorithms up for TSR in Oz?

Eyes24
30-08-2017, 09:25 AM
I am wondering if TJA has a dependency on traffic sign recognition? I would think that semi autonomous vehicles would need to be mindful of speed limits and not assume the car in front is keeping under the limit. Perhaps that is why VWA aren't supporting it because they haven set all the algorithms up for TSR in Oz?

This is weird, l spoken to someone who has picked up his my18 Tiguan and he said it has TJA. And my dealer has confirmed it from vwa and some of the my18 Tiguan they have delivered.

Ozsko
30-08-2017, 10:16 AM

TJA is active only under 60 kph and only in dense traffic conditions.

Hugo_nz
30-08-2017, 11:40 AM

We don’t get TSR in NZ either but we do get TJA. As for the car being aware of the prevailing speed limits from TSR that feature is called ACC with predictive speed control and the Arteon will be the first VW to have that.

GeeMoney
30-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Hi, can you please point to the post of his test? I know there has been a real long discussion on TJA, but are you talking of the 3 second limit (after which you have to hit resume)?

It's in the VCDS topic, I will link later via my computer. And yes, it's about the 3 seconds. He's also missing ALG but that can be enabled.

@sharp and NZ_GolfR i'm also requesting on a Dutch forum to search for people with TJA enabled and if they are willing to make a dump for us of the module A5.

subbi
30-08-2017, 01:46 PM
It's in the VCDS topic, I will link later via my computer. And yes, it's about the 3 seconds. He's also missing ALG but that can be enabled.

@sharp and NZ_GolfR i'm also requesting on a Dutch forum to search for people with TJA enabled and if they are willing to make a dump for us of the module A5.

Thanks.
Saw his post. I am concerned.. His signature line says MY 17 - etc, with a 8 month wait for the car (which cannot be MY 18), but the roof rails are black and no headlight washer). There are folks on the forum who have said that ALG was definitely there. But this is getting nerve wracking for me . I have ordered a MY 18 build, and put in a 1k deposit, but only after looking at the literature at the dealership, which clearly mentioned ALG. I do not know how else to find about this. Anyone else on the forum - who definitely has a MY 18 in Australia , and has ALG & TJA or at least ALG?

Woodrow
30-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Although mine was MY17 it was in the last batch to be built. It had ALG activated when I picked the car up. So assume all MY18 built cars will at least have ALG activated.

Aus_fas
30-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Although mine was MY17 it was in the last batch to be built. It had ALG activated when I picked the car up. So assume all MY18 built cars will at least have ALG activated.Can you please send a screen shot of ALG from display enabled/disabled as mine was built 8 Dec 2016

Ozsko
30-08-2017, 02:39 PM
ALG can be activated via VCDS in earlier cars as can headlight assist and other stuff. TJA is not confirmed activated on any cars up until now and there is conflicting stories concerning it. Best read this thread from day one and the coding thread from day one and this is all explained at different times in those threads.

GeeMoney
30-08-2017, 05:05 PM
ALG can be activated via VCDS in earlier cars as can headlight assist and other stuff. TJA is not confirmed activated on any cars up until now and there is conflicting stories concerning it. Best read this thread from day one and the coding thread from day one and this is all explained at different times in those threads.

Maybe I can get a dump from an Audi A3 with TJA enabled.
It's also build on the MQB platform, right?
Does it make sense to get this dump?

NZ_GolfR
30-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Maybe I can get a dump from an Audi A3 with TJA enabled.
It's also build on the MQB platform, right?
Does it make sense to get this dump?

The modules might not be exactly the same but it wouldn't hurt.

GeeMoney
30-08-2017, 05:53 PM
The modules might not be exactly the same but it wouldn't hurt.

Ok, the A3 owner has VCDS, what exactly do we need? I request a full dump of the long coding for module A5, right?

I got this:

Address A5: Frt Sens. Drv. Assist (R242) Labels: 3Q0-980-65X-A5.clb
Part No SW: 3Q0 980 654 G HW: 3Q0 980 654
Component: MQB_B_MFK H06 0231
Coding: 0403070300000401012223448048A90098000E200080
Shop #: WSC 06314 790 00021
ASAM Dataset: EV_MFKBoschMQBB 001001
ROD: EV_MFKBoschMQBB.rod
VCID: 3B203F9DE3EC5E1F38B-806E

In my simple reading, it seems that this module has 0231 firmware which makes sense, and that could mean that the long coding might be our golden ticket?

Jap
31-08-2017, 12:53 AM
Ok, the A3 owner has VCDS, what exactly do we need? I request a full dump of the long coding for module A5, right?

I got this:

Address A5: Frt Sens. Drv. Assist (R242) Labels: 3Q0-980-65X-A5.clb
Part No SW: 3Q0 980 654 G HW: 3Q0 980 654
Component: MQB_B_MFK H06 0231
Coding: 0403070300000401012223448048A90098000E200080
Shop #: WSC 06314 790 00021 (tel:06314 790 00021)
ASAM Dataset: EV_MFKBoschMQBB 001001
ROD: EV_MFKBoschMQBB.rod
VCID: 3B203F9DE3EC5E1F38B-806E

In my simple reading, it seems that this module has 0231 firmware which makes sense, and that could mean that the long coding might be our golden ticket?well it looks like it's 9 different bytes than mine (going on every 2 digits is a byte in hex), but also wouldn't there be a difference in the ACC module as well?
000307000000040100022355C050A90098000E300040 (No TJA but ACC,ALG)

GeeMoney
31-08-2017, 01:29 AM
well it looks like it's 9 different bytes than mine (going on every 2 digits is a byte in hex), but also wouldn't there be a difference in the ACC module as well?
000307000000040100022355C050A90098000E300040 (No TJA but ACC,ALG)

Not sure, NZ_GolfR thinks also adaptation channels might be different but i will get the adaptation channels not before this sunday.
Could it be of any harm for you to make the long coding the same and test if TJA becomes available? (I don't have any clue how VCDS works, just acting as a man in the middle here)

Jap
31-08-2017, 02:14 AM
Not sure, NZ_GolfR thinks also adaptation channels might be different but i will get the adaptation channels not before this sunday.
Could it be of any harm for you to make the long coding the same and test if TJA becomes available? (I don't have any clue how VCDS works, just acting as a man in the middle here)could mess up the front assist or camera, I don't know though, or it could change some of the options I have that the Audi might not have, I just posted mine so people in the know would have more codes to look at

azza83
31-08-2017, 05:17 PM
This is weird, l spoken to someone who has picked up his my18 Tiguan and he said it has TJA. And my dealer has confirmed it from vwa and some of the my18 Tiguan they have delivered.

Hi All, as quoted, I took delivery of my new MY18 162TSI (fully loaded) in Australia last week and I can confirm that it has both ALG and TJA.

I think there is some confusion on when/how it actually works and it is different to the Audi system - we need to acknowledge that TJA operates within the limits of the ACC, our Tiguan has a 3 second stop/go function which means you will always have to manually resume if stopped for a long period.

When I tested this I was on an 80km motorway with ACC set, the traffic slowed below 60km and TJA took over by continuing to steer, the ACC remains on as does the Lane Assist with ALG, both icons remain GREEN on the dash to a complete stop... If this stop is long it still requires the driver to manually resume (same as ACC), this is done simply with a light touch of the accelerator or press the resume button on the wheel - the TJA system then continues to steer/accelerate/brake again from standstill by following the car in front.

It's a great feature, I did notice it doesn't activate on suburban roads, and seems ACC needs to be set high or needs to meet certain conditions to operate as TJA.

I hope this helps settles any concerns... Cheers!

Eyes24
31-08-2017, 05:20 PM
Hi All, as quoted, I took delivery of my new MY18 162TSI (fully loaded) in Australia last week and I can confirm that it has both ALG and TJA.

I think there is some confusion on when/how it actually works and it is different to the Audi system - we need to acknowledge that TJA operates within the limits of the ACC, our Tiguan has a 3 second stop/go function which means you will always have to manually resume if stopped for a long period.

When I tested this I was on an 80km motorway with ACC set, the traffic slowed below 60km and TJA took over by continuing to steer, the ACC remains on as does the Lane Assist with ALG, both icons remain GREEN on the dash to a complete stop... If this stop is long it still requires the driver to manually resume (same as ACC), this is done simply with a light touch of the accelerator or press the resume button on the wheel - the TJA system then continues to steer/accelerate/brake again from standstill by following the car in front.

It's a great feature, I did notice it doesn't activate on suburban roads, and seems ACC needs to be set high or needs to meet certain conditions to operate as TJA.

Hehe, thanks for the back up.

NZ_GolfR
31-08-2017, 05:23 PM

Strange as I am sure Hugo_nz said the update to enable TJA VWNZ loaded on his removed the 3 second limit, maybe he can confirm.

gorey
31-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Yes and you should be able to activate it below 60km/h also I believe. Sounds like normal ACC with ALG functionality.

NZ_GolfR
31-08-2017, 05:39 PM

Don't suppose you have access to OBDeleven or VCDS and can take a scan of your car so I can compare the coding of the different modules with some MY17 cars?

GeeMoney
31-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Sounds like normal ACC with ALG indeed, it's missing TJA.
With TJA you don't have to push the button after 3 seconds.
@azza83, can you make a dump of the long coding module A5? Then we can confirm if it has TJA or not.

Ozsko
31-08-2017, 05:41 PM

That is basically what I experienced. That is not full blown TJA, it is a crippled version of what is possible as both Skoda and Audi have shown. In fact it is not worth the problem of chasing TJA in the Tiguan if that is all we can get IMO. I still think the hardware is on the car but the firmware is not there to support the coding needed to bring it up to Audi specs. It would be interesting to hear what the extent of the added TJA in the NZ cases has been and whether TJA is fully implemented on those cars. The other way to look at the problem on the both newer and older cars is to remove the 3 seconds barrier to the car automatically moving off when the traffic in front moves.

MODS: would it be possible to have one thread about this instead of various threads asking the same questions in the separate model fora?

GeeMoney
31-08-2017, 05:45 PM
That is basically what I experienced. That is not full blown TJA, it is a crippled version of what is possible as both Skoda and Audi have shown. In fact it is not worth the problem of chasing TJA in the Tiguan if that is all we can get IMO. I still think the hardware is on the car but the firmware is not there to support the coding needed to bring it up to Audi specs. It would be interesting to hear what the extent of the added TJA in the NZ cases has been and whether TJA is fully implemented on those cars. The other way to look at the problem on the both newer and older cars is to remove the 3 seconds barrier to the car automatically moving off when the traffic in front moves.

MODS: would it be possible to have one thread about this instead of various threads asking the same questions in the separate model fora?

Ozsko, I have a dump from an Audi A3 and it uses the exact same firmware and hardware as our Tiguans.
So it should definitely be possible.
I'm waiting for the adaptation channels on the Audi to compare it to our Tiguans by NZ_GolfR but that will have to wait till sunday.

Contacted my local dealership and he knows for sure that my Tiguan will not have TJA, but it will be able to fully stop the car and resume with ACC after pressing the reset button after 3 seconds. TJA adds the Lange Guidance below 65km/h and removes the 3 second penalty. He's also confident that it's purely a software modification for my car but he told me that VW Netherlands for sure will not be activating this for me even if i'm willing to pay for it.

So in short, we need the adaptation channels, and dumps from a Tiguan with TJA enabled to compare it to the current dumps we already have.

sharp
31-08-2017, 08:14 PM

If this is what TJA is I stop caring about it. ACC already does all this except steering below 60km/h. I only wanted TJA because I believed it removes the necessity of pressing the resume button.

GeeMoney
31-08-2017, 08:31 PM
If this is what TJA is I stop caring about it. ACC already does all this except steering below 60km/h. I only wanted TJA because I believed it removes the necessity of pressing the resume button.

Read my last message. I double checked it again with my dealer and he's absolutely sure about his statement.
TJA adds the ALG under 60km/h and removes the 3 second penalty. At least in Europe then.

Jap
31-08-2017, 09:27 PM
As I said before that on motorways my ALG seems to work down to a standstill, but doesn't work on minor roads, I do not have TJA

Ozsko
31-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Read my last message. I double checked it again with my dealer and he's absolutely sure about his statement.
TJA adds the ALG under 60km/h and removes the 3 second penalty. At least in Europe then.

That is what the videos of it show from all sources, Skoda, Audi, Bosch, VW.

VWA said we would not have it and they are right it seems, contrary to their early dealer advisories saying that it was PROPOSED to have it activated.

Ozsko
31-08-2017, 09:37 PM
As I said before that on motorways my ALG seems to work down to a standstill, but doesn't work on minor roads, I do not have TJA

A lot of parameters could be affecting the minor roads but I doubt we have enough understanding of what those things are. Does the car need to see vehicles all round, does the cameras need to see good guidance from road lines and so on. I would really like a report from NZ to see what they have experienced after the upgrade.

Jap
01-09-2017, 02:00 AM
So I went to a dealer today (UK) and asked about TJA and he went away and came back after 10 minutes and told me he hasn't got any info in his coding manuals for it, not a upgrade yet he told me

lm_jo
01-09-2017, 06:06 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf that's what TJA is on a tiguan, then a member here has already managed to enable it. Check post #56.

Ozsko
01-09-2017, 10:31 AM
If that's what TJA is on a tiguan, then a member here has already managed to enable it. Check post #56.

Have you watched the educational videos on TJA?

lm_jo
01-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Have you watched the educational videos on TJA?Yes. It does mention that the vehicle will continue after a short stop.

YouTube (https://youtu.be/nJrEWJIhRnQ)

It doesn't mention what happens if it's not a short stop.

Ozsko
01-09-2017, 11:45 AM
Post 56 does not fill the criteria at all. My car does what is in 56 and it is not TJA which restarts without driver intervention, the self steering I am not going to comment on except to say that it appears that the vehicle self steers. There is a Bosch video on YT showing this, it is not animated and shows it in real life though it is a few years old now.

Aus_fas
01-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Yes. It does mention that the vehicle will continue after a short stop.

YouTube (https://youtu.be/nJrEWJIhRnQ)

It doesn't mention what happens if it's not a short stop.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using TapatalkFor TJA the start , stop should be automatic only after a long delay you need to push pedal. How much is the long delay I don't know.

Ozsko
01-09-2017, 12:49 PM
For TJA the start , stop should be automatic only after a long delay you need to push pedal. How much is the long delay I don't know.

I decided to refresh my information as there is a lot of new stuff to be found out there these days.

At about 30 seconds he presses the resume button....YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn05GNZqjdk)

A short stop is mentioned....YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJrEWJIhRnQ)

The Bosch video (Audi) showing a real drive, note the timed 15 seconds steering requirement does not appear to be active but it never appears to show a re-start and it is two years old. My perception from this video is that the driver does not do the re-start but I could be wrong.....YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbuXN8ViiPk)

A more detailed explanation....YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ESfICGnAc)

The last time I explored all this there were very few videos showing it and what it did and I can now see that my perception was wrong. My insistence that the vehicle is totally self steering is not correct though the Bosch video does not appear to show the same behaviour and the three second time out still appears to be active in at least one of the videos.

The best video of the lot I think.....YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_7gnv2d-r0)

My apologies for my insistence that TJA was not in the 2018 cars, while I am not absolutely sure I do think it might be while all along VWA are saying it isn't. Unlike the Audi the VW gives no positive indication and has no extra control to activate it so has it gone a step further than the Audi in that it happens seamlessly? None of the videos to me answer all the questions concerning re-start time out etc, the car I drove would not re-start after any period at all and I questioned this at the time.

Ozsko
01-09-2017, 01:08 PM
This is interesting as it talks about two minutes between steering inputs & three second restarts....Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go (http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthread.php/51915-Adaptive-Cruise-Control-with-Stop-and-Go?highlight=traffic+jam+assist)

smarty
01-09-2017, 01:13 PM
here's a good video from skoda

ŠKODA Superb – Traffic Jam Assist - ŠKODA Storyboard (https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/assistance_system-traffic_jam-2/)

sharp
01-09-2017, 01:44 PM
The best video of the lot I think.....YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_7gnv2d-r0)

Thanks. I believe this link proves TJA does not remove the resume requirement. He still resumes it after brief stops.

Ozsko
01-09-2017, 01:57 PM
I'll go along with that, so do we presume that TJA is in the latest cars, the dealers say so and VW says not or did according to my last conversation with them.

Ozsko
01-09-2017, 02:07 PM
here's a good video from skoda

ŠKODA Superb – Traffic Jam Assist - ŠKODA Storyboard (https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/assistance_system-traffic_jam-2/)

Like all the educational videos it does not give information on what driver inputs, if any, are required and when. They all appear to give the impression that once set the driver does not have to do anything which is misleading and has led to us the customer having distorted views on what it is, what it does and how it interacts with the driver. I think I have during this morning and looking at all the new stuff available come to the conclusion of what it is not and that is it is not autonomous hands off driving under 60kph in heavy traffic which I assumed it was after previously watching the Bosch video. I have looked at a lot of Audi fora and they are just as confused as the VW customers are but they are still some way ahead of us. Post 22 in this thread goes into TJA pretty deeply and the whole thread is worth a read but keep in mind it is written in 2016

Driver Assistance - Page 3 - AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/driver-assistance-2899323/page3/)

GeeMoney
01-09-2017, 03:33 PM
I'll go along with that, so do we presume that TJA is in the latest cars, the dealers say so and VW says not or did according to my last conversation with them.

At least in The Netherlands on the MY18 models TJA is NOT enabled.

arvid
01-09-2017, 05:20 PM
I have a 2018 Tiguan WITH TJA here in Norway. (Ordered specifically) I can confirm that TJA does NOT remove the 3seconds limit for auto-start. That is NOT what VW means by TJA. They just mean that the ACC and LaneAssist works together to steer and drive the car automatically at low speeds.

All documentation I have seen from Volkswagen always talk about "...after a short stop". Yes, they are unclear about what TJA really is.
If your car doesn't have TJA, the LaneAssist turns yellow at low speeds. If you have TJA, the ACC and LaneAssist will remain green at low speeds.

After talking to some dealers, I have learned that they really don't know much about the electronics in these cars, and you can't really rely on answers regarding specifics about these functionalities.

But this doesn't mean that there might be some coding that could remove that 3sec limit. (Hoping)

See also: Traffic Jam Assist - Page 3 - VW Tiguan MK2 Forums (https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1637&p=19977&hilit=tja#p19958)

smarty
01-09-2017, 05:30 PM
So if we enable the ALG essentially we have enabled as much of the TJA as we can?

arvid
01-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Yes, I think you have. If you have ACC, LaneAssist and Adaptive Lane Guidance and the ACC and LA light is green at low speed, you have TJA enabled. Thats it. The 3 seconds limit has nothing to do with this as far as I can see. TJA is sold and enabled for cars here in Norway, and this is what TJA is. I haven't seen any car or video without this limit. It might be that Audi, Skoda, BMW doens't have this limit, but after all that is a different car and different code.

But what I would like to be able to remove by coding is:
- The 3 seconds limit
- The x seconds limit that you need to hold your wheel, while the LA is active.

Ozsko
01-09-2017, 05:40 PM
So if we enable the ALG essentially we have enabled as much of the TJA as we can?

The new cars appear to have acc activated down to zero kph which was not previously the case. In saying that if ACC is activated down to zero then TJA appears to be activated in VW speak. That is my take on it but I was wrong before and could be equally wrong now. Another thing to notice is all videos are done on multi lane freeways where clearly defined traffic lanes are marked and not single lane roads where cars could be parked down the side of the road obscuring any lane markings.

lm_jo
01-09-2017, 06:02 PM
So a question to MY17 owners, has anyone managed to get ALG operating below 60?

Ozsko
01-09-2017, 06:06 PM
They have not been trying to do that, they have been trying to figure out how to activate TJA. No one figured out it appears to be the same thing....maybe.

Hugo_nz
01-09-2017, 07:03 PM
So a question to MY17 owners, has anyone managed to get ALG operating below 60?

I purchased my Tig with ACC. Spec sheet says TJA is part of ACC. ALG did not work below 60kmh. I raised the issue with VW and they applied a software update to enable TJA. ALG works below 60kmh with ACC on, and above 60kmh with ACC on or off. I posted a video of ALG working on the road I take to work every day which is a regular two lane road. ALG works on that road even in poor weather conditions.

GeeMoney
01-09-2017, 07:08 PM
I purchased my Tig with ACC. Spec sheet says TJA is part of ACC. ALG did not work below 60kmh. I raised the issue with VW and they applied a software update to enable TJA. ALG works below 60kmh with ACC on, and above 60kmh with ACC on or off. I posted a video of ALG working on the road I take to work every day which is a regular two lane road. ALG works on that road even in poor weather conditions.

So, do you have the 3-second penalty or not? That's a question for some of us.