PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a wheel repairer in Sydney

C.Y
16-01-2008, 08:49 AM
My wheels are really really damaged. All four are really really scratched from gutter scrapes FROM THE PREVIOUS OWNER !!!

A new lip will need to be machined and the whole wheel resprayed. THey are currently Shadow Chrome .. apparently this paint is really expensive ..

BTW - How much would my OEM rims fetch ????

WABIT
16-01-2008, 08:51 AM
hey mate what car do you have... you have not stated anything on your user info

cheers

wabit

C.Y
16-01-2008, 09:23 AM
hey mate what car do you have... you have not stated anything on your user info

cheers

wabit

Sorry .. I have a Synchro Passat sitting on 18inch DTM's. Original wheels are 16inch.

Golf Houso
16-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Most places charge 120 a rim for rebog and respray, almost every tire/wheel place does it, that price was at Big O' Tires in Moorebank, good place might I add!

You have to respray the whole wheel if you want it repaired, what you can do though is bog and sand the wheel back yourself usinf quick putty and 60-360 grit paper, then take the rims to a spray shop, that will charge around 50-70 bucks to respray each rim. Thats what I'd do If I wasn't confident with my spraypainting. OR, buy like 3 cans of paint, 2 of primer and 2 of clear and redo it all yourself! More rewarding that way... I did that, it was alot cheaper than replacing the rims :D

rayray086
16-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Try Peter from OZWheels - 0404844806. His shop address is 86 Glosit Street, St Marys. He makes custom wheels, repairs, refurbish, just about everything you could do to a wheel.