PDA

View Full Version : How much did you pay for your Tiguan?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DigitalCourt
21-01-2017, 10:05 AM
In Melbourne south east & shopping around for fully loaded R-line 162TSI in grey.

Anyone have a good deal and dealer contact with similar?

$59k is best so far...

Eyes24
21-01-2017, 10:17 AM
In Melbourne south east & shopping around for fully loaded R-line 162TSI in grey.

Anyone have a good deal and dealer contact with similar?

$59k is best so far...

************** Vw.
I ordered TSI 162 RLINE +DAP $56000 no sunroof.
His number is **********.

You can tell him Lynden Chin pass detail if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vwvw1212
21-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Probably won't help but in Syd, 162tsi, black, rline, DAP, sunroof, luggage tray, business rego, 56850. Problem is delivery in 4 months. Would gladly pay 60k if could get it now :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

veew
21-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Problem is delivery in 4 months. Would gladly pay 60k if could get it now :)

Mate, you can. Brighton VW VIC have one on the showroom floor if they haven't already sold it.

Edit: Sorry didn't see you had a black one on order. They have a white one.

DigitalCourt
21-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Nathan Deeming at Brighton Vw.
His number is 0439 339 442.

You can tell him Lynden Chin pass detail if you like.

Signed! Thanks Lynden - Nathan was great to deal with and got a good deal

Eyes24
21-01-2017, 07:31 PM

When do you get it May? Or is the wait longer now.

DigitalCourt
21-01-2017, 08:57 PM
When do you get it May? Or is the wait longer now.

He said May/June - probably just after yours

Eyes24
21-01-2017, 09:04 PM
He said May/June - probably just after yours

Congrats , now the long wait .......

VWVY
22-01-2017, 01:53 AM

is that with or without corp discount?

Eyes24
22-01-2017, 08:04 AM
is that with or without corp discount?

No corporate discount

MiiLos
11-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Hi lads.

Put a deposit down today on a fully optioned black 162TSI R-Line. $56,900. Think I did well - the manager that signed it off didn't seem overly satisfied haha.

Now for the colossal wait..

Eyes24
11-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Hi lads.

Put a deposit down today on a fully optioned black 162TSI R-Line. $56,900. Think I did well - the manager that signed it off didn't seem overly satisfied haha.

That's a great price! How long is the wait now?

MiiLos
11-02-2017, 07:07 PM
That's a great price! How long is the wait now?

Just realized this was Melb specific. I live on the Gold Coast. They said 6 month wait as a safe timeframe but could be sooner. Wouldn't say any sooner than 5 months. Crazy.. I'm not too fussed as I waited similarly for my GTI but I will have forgotten about it by the time it arrives ha!

Eyes24
11-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Just realized this was Melb specific. I live on the Gold Coast. They said 6 month wait as a safe timeframe but could be sooner. Wouldn't say any sooner than 5 months. Crazy.. I'm not too fussed as I waited similarly for my GTI but I will have forgotten about it by the time it arrives ha!

It's worth the wait, awesome car for the price.
Ours is due May, ordered it late December. Bloody torturous wait for it. Lol
Melb wait now is like 6-7 months.

MiiLos
11-02-2017, 07:14 PM
It's worth the wait, awesome car for the price.
Ours is due May, ordered it late December. Bloody torturous wait for it. Lol

Yeah it really is great value.. I test drove it a month ago and was very surprised by its feel on the road and how there was so little body roll for a SUV. That sold me and the fact it punches just as hard as my GTI.

elisiX
12-02-2017, 12:31 AM
Back OT! What's the latest deal prices on fully optioned cars?

Thanks.

edit - holy crap my signature is old. I've had 3-4 new cars since then :)

Tigger162
12-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Hi lads.

wow you did really well, didn't think those prices was possible anymore, may we ask where you went?

MiiLos
12-02-2017, 09:08 AM
wow you did really well, didn't think those prices was possible anymore, may we ask where you went?

I went to Cricks Highway VW (Brisbane). I live on the Coast but have had a bad experience with the local dealer so went north.

Eyes24
12-02-2017, 09:09 AM
I went to Cricks Highway VW (Brisbane). I live on the Coast but have had a bad experience with the local dealer so went north.

Very hard to get a deal like that in Melb now, to much demand.

MiiLos
12-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Very hard to get a deal like that in Melb now, to much demand.

I was living in Melb when I got my GTI and got a similar deal, was actually more discounted. But I went through 5 dealerships to get it.

Just depends on how you come across to the sales rep and if they're willing to talk to you. Some of them are completely unreasonable and don't want to budge or just don't take you seriously.. I don't really know how they survive.

With the Tig, I basically told the sales rep that my family has bought 6+ VWs over the years and I wasn't new to the sales thing. I had a good idea of what I should be able to get and I wasn't being unreasonable as others have had similar results. These guys were open to negotiate so that helped but at the end of the day I just said if we're not in my ballpark, which was a fair number, I would not be putting pen to paper. In the end they bumped my counter offer by $400 and I agreed to it.

It don't matter how high the demand is.. at the end of the day it's a sale they won't have if you walk out the door unhappy. Whoever wants one of these now will be in the same boat.. wait 4-6 months depending on what spec you want so I'd just shrug off the demand line and go to another dealer.

We bought 4 VWs from Brighton VW in Melb. Speak to Thomas there if you want to try your luck - he's great to deal with.

Eyes24
12-02-2017, 09:30 AM
I was living in Melb when I got my GTI and got a similar deal, was actually more discounted. But I went through 5 dealerships to get it.

Just depends on how you come across to the sales rep and if they're willing to talk to you. Some of them are completely unreasonable and don't want to budge or just don't take you seriously.. I don't really know how they survive.

With the Tig, I basically told the sales rep that my family has bought 6+ VWs over the years and I wasn't new to the sales thing. I had a good idea of what I should be able to get and I wasn't being unreasonable as others have had similar results. These guys were open to negotiate so that helped but at the end of the day I just said if we're not in my ballpark, which was a fair number, I would not be putting pen to paper. In the end they bumped my counter offer by $400 and I agreed to it.

It don't matter how high the demand is.. at the end of the day it's a sale they won't have if you walk out the door unhappy. Whoever wants one of these now will be in the same boat.. wait 4-6 months depending on what spec you want so I'd just shrug off the demand line and go to another dealer.

We bought 4 VWs from Brighton VW in Melb. Speak to Thomas there if you want to try your luck - he's great to deal with.

We got ours from Nathan Deeming from Brighton VW.

rach1981
17-02-2017, 03:56 PM

hey there, im after the same as you.... do you mind teling me what deal you ended up getting? I want a white one fully loaded with sunroof

thanks!

Eyes24
17-02-2017, 04:12 PM
hey there, im after the same as you.... do you mind teling me what deal you ended up getting? I want a white one fully loaded with sunroof

thanks!

I got TSI 162 RLINE +Dap and boot protector strip indium grey $56000 but no sunroof,From Nathan at Brighton.
I know last time l spoke to Nathan Deeming, he told me he can't do them that cheap now, , he told me he sold one to the guy l told to see him , same spec's as mine but with sunroof for $58500.,
I would still try him if you are ready to put pen to paper and try offering him 58000 and see what he counters you. But book a appointment.

TIGER+IGUANA
18-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Hi all!

New here, thanks for all the great info on the new Tig. Been very worthwhile spending some time reading though your experiences.

I'm super keen to buy. I'm in SA and will talk to a few dealers over the next few weeks. Anyone have a recommend sales guy in Adelaide tho?

Sounds like some of you here have managed some pretty sweet deals interstate.

I've crunched my numbers and am pretty certain of where I'll pitch my offer for a R Line 162 TSI + DAP + Sunny.

Anyone know what the rough margins are on factory options. I know they are decent but are they significant enough to negotiate heavily on? What sort of discounts have others here received on their options upgrades.

The one thing I will drill into first is the dealer delivery charges, which are super high for this car. Ex CTP / rego and stamp duty, well over $2k in change attributes to dealer delivery.

Thanks heaps all, appreciate your feedback.

🐯🦎

veew
18-02-2017, 07:43 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/i-have-ordered-received-my-new-tiguan-114104-115.html#post1215366

TIGER+IGUANA
18-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Thanks veew 🙏 Stoked. I know exactly who I'll talk to next. Was at southern today, and they were good to deal with, but haven't discussed numbers at all yet. Thanks again.

stark27
21-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Hey guys. Got notified yesterday my car arrived but there was a mix up and its the TDI R-Line. THis is what I originally ordered but a few weeks later changed to TSI and for whatever reason it never got changed at the factory.

The dealer is extremely embarrassed and apologetic and has offered me the TDI at the TSI price with some extras that I'm trying to negotiate. I got the TSI R-Line for $55.5k DA with DAP and Tint and asking for paint and interior protection, luggage tray and some free servicing.

I have driven it and its a beautiful car, the TDI pulls nice but as anyone who drove a diesel knows it kind of flattens out, nonetheless its smooth to drive so I'm leaning towards taking it or wait another 4 months for the TSI. I've has a Golf diesel before so I'm familiar with how they drive. I don't do a lot of highway kms, just maybe on the weekends to go up or down the coast.

I want to know what others think. Should I take it? And should i be asking for more extra for the cock up?

Edit: They changed their minds and are not offering me the TDI at TSI price and only 1 free service at 15,000km or paint protection. I think I'm gonna look around now

Eyes24
21-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Hey guys. Got notified yesterday my car arrived but there was a mix up and its the TDI R-Line. THis is what I originally ordered but a few weeks later changed to TSI and for whatever reason it never got changed at the factory.

The dealer is extremely embarrassed and apologetic and has offered me the TDI at the TSI price with some extras that I'm trying to negotiate. I got the TSI R-Line for $55.5k DA with DAP and Tint and asking for paint and interior protection, luggage tray and some free servicing.

I have driven it and its a beautiful car, the TDI pulls nice but as anyone who drove a diesel knows it kind of flattens out, nonetheless its smooth to drive so I'm leaning towards taking it or wait another 4 months for the TSI. I've has a Golf diesel before so I'm familiar with how they drive. I don't do a lot of highway kms, just maybe on the weekends to go up or down the coast.

I want to know what others think. Should I take it? And should i be asking for more extra for the cock up?

I would wait and ask them to keep a lookout for cancelled orders, and get them to discount more because of wait.

IsDon
21-02-2017, 09:42 AM
I would wait and ask them to keep a lookout for cancelled orders, and get them to discount more because of wait.

+1

The diesel I drove I was very disappointed with the performance. I know it was a brand new engine and the performance would probably improve as the engine loosened up but I found the performance and drivability of the 132TSI (all that was available at the time, no 162TSI in the country at that time) to be superior in every way to the 140TDI.

I had a similar choice to you. Take the TDI immediately off the showroom floor, or order the exact same spec vehicle with the 162TSI and wait for six months. Wife and I thought exactly the same. Order the 162TSI and wait.

You're now in the position of being able to negotiate a great deal thanks to the dealers stuff up. I'd be going for the first 3 years of servicing free of charge for the same price you negotiated for your original purchase, and pen a letter to VW Aust highlighting the dealers incompetence if they don't give you a great deal.

Gladbach
21-02-2017, 09:46 AM
If I were 50/50 or close enough on the decision between TDI and TSI, then I would probably take the TDI, with the discounts and extras. For me personally, I'd wait for the TSI, only because I much preferred it over the TDI.

ewok666
21-02-2017, 11:57 AM
I'm in the market for a 162TSI/R-Line/Sunroof/DAP as well. Does anyone know how much the VW tow bar is going for?

TIA

TIGER+IGUANA
22-02-2017, 10:41 PM
Deal done. $57600 d/away
162TSI fully optioned in black
Thanks all for the tips. Holding out to July will be a nightmare.

veew
23-02-2017, 06:39 AM
Deal done. $57600 d/away

Exciting! Who did you end up ordering through?

ewok666
23-02-2017, 08:01 AM
Deal done. $57600 d/away

DAP, R-Line and Sunroof? Good price!

Gladbach
23-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Deal done. $57600 d/away

Nice one - clearly there's still deals to be had.

I've ben holding out since September and am still about 5-6 weeks off taking delivery!

vwnc
23-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Deal done. $57600 d/away

Congrats mate! Did you (or anyone else) choose the extended warranty? Any comments if not?

vwnc
23-02-2017, 11:56 AM
+1

The diesel I drove I was very disappointed with the performance. I know it was a brand new engine and the performance would probably improve as the engine loosened up but I found the performance and drivability of the 132TSI (all that was available at the time, no 162TSI in the country at that time) to be superior in every way to the 140TDI.

I had a similar choice to you. Take the TDI immediately off the showroom floor, or order the exact same spec vehicle with the 162TSI and wait for six months. Wife and I thought exactly the same. Order the 162TSI and wait.

You're now in the position of being able to negotiate a great deal thanks to the dealers stuff up. I'd be going for the first 3 years of servicing free of charge for the same price you negotiated for your original purchase, and pen a letter to VW Aust highlighting the dealers incompetence if they don't give you a great deal.

Agree mate.
I haven't driven a diesel, however published a post over weekend re my in person discussions with two TDI R-line owners who I met... both regretted not waiting for the petrol.

stark27
23-02-2017, 02:46 PM
After much thinking and internal struggle with the 2 options, I have decided to go with the TDI. I drove both engine variants one after the other today and could not pick a clear winner. Both I feel have good power and driveability but deliver it in different ways. I felt that at the end of the day I love the overall package more and the engine wasnt as import to me. I like the fact the TDI will save me money at the pump and I like my car to be economical whilst being able to get up and go when i hit the pedal. I also felt that after 6 months waiting I couldn't wait until July for the petrol.

So those were the contributing factors. I just hope I made the right choice and don't live to regret it :)

TIGER+IGUANA
23-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Tracy at Duttons mate. She's was great to deal with. No messing around at all. Very happy with the service and her hassle free approach. If anyone else looking, Ben at Lynas Valley is also great. He put in some solid effort, but unfortunately just couldn't quite get there on this occasion. 🐯🦎

TIGER+IGUANA
23-02-2017, 03:52 PM
DAP, R-Line and Sunroof? Good price!
Yep, got the lot mate.

TIGER+IGUANA
23-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Congrats mate! Did you (or anyone else) choose the extended warranty? Any comments if not? haven't gone the extended warranty mate, i might discuss when working through finance though. I'm comfortable enough with 3 years though. Anyone got a price on extended warranty recently?

vwnc
23-02-2017, 04:35 PM
After much thinking and internal struggle with the 2 options, I have decided to go with the TDI. I drove both engine variants one after the other today and could not pick a clear winner. Both I feel have good power and driveability but deliver it in different ways. I felt that at the end of the day I love the overall package more and the engine wasnt as import to me. I like the fact the TDI will save me money at the pump and I like my car to be economical whilst being able to get up and go when i hit the pedal. I also felt that after 6 months waiting I couldn't wait until July for the petrol.

So those were the contributing factors. I just hope I made the right choice and don't live to regret it :)

Good feedback! Such a long time to wait! Send some snaps and feedback over the next little while

vwnc
23-02-2017, 04:36 PM
haven't gone the extended warranty mate, i might discuss when working through finance though. I'm comfortable enough with 3 years though. Anyone got a price on extended warranty recently?

$2000 for me.. haven't decided yet

ewok666
24-02-2017, 08:56 AM
$2000 for me.. haven't decided yet

How long for? Since I'm going to tune it the extended warranty would just be money down the drain but interested to find out anyway.

vwnc
24-02-2017, 10:21 AM
How long for? Since I'm going to tune it the extended warranty would just be money down the drain but interested to find out anyway.

2 extra years, bringing total to 5

ewok666
24-02-2017, 11:05 AM
2 extra years, bringing total to 5

Not too bad. Thanks for the info.

marcuskmt
25-02-2017, 07:44 AM
Does anyone know how much the VW tow bar is going for?

TIA

Sit down first.

$1760.

Aftermarket seems a good option.

I wonder how negotiable this price is?

ewok666
27-02-2017, 11:27 AM
Sit down first.

$1760.

I was quoted $2200 with cabling and installation

IsDon
27-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Sit down first.

$1760.

Westfalia bars are the way to go.

They are the OEM bar in Europe for VAG vehicles and they are a work of art. Not sure on recent prices but I'd say less than you've been quoted for a bar from the dealer for an inferior product.

Hole46
28-02-2017, 07:37 AM
Westfalia bars are the way to go.

They are the OEM bar in Europe for VAG vehicles and they are a work of art. Not sure on recent prices but I'd say less than you've been quoted for a bar from the dealer for an inferior product.

Ordered a Westfalia bar for my R-line yesterday, $1588 fitted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GolfR79
28-02-2017, 06:35 PM
I ordered the Westfalia towbar with the Westfalia wiring kit for $1,250 installed from Premier Towbars in Brisbane.

dieterbohlen
26-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Was looking to find a thread with the prices for Tiguan, but couldn't find it.
What have you paid for your Tiguan and what discount off RRP did you get?

Eyes24
26-05-2017, 02:15 PM

What spec's?

dieterbohlen
26-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Was looking at base model 110TSI with no frills. However if someone had a decent deal on 110TSI with options or even 132TSI, please share.

popeye
$60,250
Black 162tsi ,R line ,pano and DAP with slim rego plates for vic

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Delewin
I think you will find those that bought early when the 162 was only on paper got a better deal than people seeking to buy today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dieterbohlen
26-05-2017, 02:20 PM
How come? Wouldn't you pay more for newly released vehicle rather than already one year old model?

Eyes24
26-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Was looking at base model 110TSI with no frills. However if someone had a decent deal on 110TSI with options or even 132TSI, please share.

Aim for 10% should be able to get close too.
It's the top of the range 162 fully loaded rlines, which are in high demand, they aren't discounting to much these days.

Eyes24
26-05-2017, 02:24 PM
I think you will find those that bought early when the 162 was only on paper got a better deal than people seeking to buy today.

100% right, unless you wait to around the 20th of the month you may get a good price, as most dealer are trying to get there quoter for the month.

Delewin
26-05-2017, 02:27 PM
I paid $51,783 for a 162 TSI with DAP metallic silver paint and a luggage tray. It also included a full tank of petrol and a very nice carbon fibre framed genuine VW branded umbrella.

That was with a corporate discount I achieved by going though a car broker.

Delewin
26-05-2017, 02:28 PM
That is on the road cost

Delewin
26-05-2017, 02:29 PM
NSW

Trackingtom
26-05-2017, 02:52 PM
$45k 110TDI with drivers assist. Delivery next fortnight. Inc on roads

Free tank and window tinting.

Delewin
26-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Hi Trackingtom,

How much was the window tinting as a separate line item?

Thanks
David

Trackingtom
26-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Just says 'included' on my contract.

But dealer said $300 or so.

Vwvw1212
26-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Sydney, 162tsi, black, rline, DAP, sunroof, luggage tray, euro plates, 56850. Ordered end of last year.

popeye
26-05-2017, 03:17 PM
Sydney, 162tsi, black, rline, DAP, sunroof, luggage tray, euro plates, 56850. Ordered end of last year.

Did you get the car delivered yet?

Vwvw1212
26-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Did you get the car delivered yet?

Should be delivered sometime July.

popeye
26-05-2017, 03:22 PM
Should be delivered sometime July.

Same car $3400 more in Melbourne ordered end of April

Vwvw1212
26-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Same car $3400 more in Melbourne ordered end of April

That's a good price considering timing. I can't get my price anymore. It's around $60k+ best case scenario.

martinnw
26-05-2017, 03:29 PM
$49,790 for 132tsi black, DAP & LP, that's driveaway

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

popeye
26-05-2017, 03:30 PM
That's a good price considering timing. I can't get my price anymore. It's around $60k+ best case scenario.

Yep i thought so.
I walked out on them twice to get that price .Now im worried they'll make me wait till Christmas [emoji2]

sharp
26-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Sydney, 162tsi, black, DAP, sunroof, rubber mats, luggage tray, full tank $54,250. It was in stock, I picked it up in two days.

I would have negotiated harder but these things are as scarce as hen's teeth so I know I paid a premium for not waiting.

TIGER+IGUANA
26-05-2017, 04:20 PM
162 RLINE + DAP + Sunroof + Black Paint $57.5k ordered Feb 17, currently on a boat, delivery late June.

Eyes24
26-05-2017, 04:29 PM
$57100 My18 162 RLINE + DAP + Sunroof indium grey and boot strip protecter, ordered end of December, eta is mid October.
Originally ordered My17 162 RLINE +DAP indium grey and boot strip protector $56000 eta was mid July.
But changed to the above.
Melbourne

essy670
26-05-2017, 04:31 PM
My18 TSI162 + r-line + sunroof + DAP + bootmat in tungsten silver $58500. Ordered April, eta January 2018. Melbourne.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Vwvw1212
26-05-2017, 04:48 PM
$57100 My18 162 RLINE + DAP + Sunroof indium grey and boot strip protecter, ordered end of December, eta is mid October.
Originally ordered My17 162 RLINE +DAP indium grey and boot strip protector $56000 eta was mid July.
But changed to the above.

You're a brave! I had the option to change to my18 but couldn't. Waiting from December it's terrible.

Eyes24
26-05-2017, 04:56 PM
You're a brave! I had the option to change to my18 but couldn't. Waiting from December it's terrible.

I didn't mine the few months extra wait, happy to have the upgrades

bchuup
26-05-2017, 06:45 PM
42k 132tsi with tinting

codefree
26-05-2017, 07:08 PM
i paid 53000 for 162tsi+dap+metallic indium grey

Vwvw1212
26-05-2017, 07:20 PM

Fair enough. The extra upgrades are sweet.
I wish I could wait but since I turnover cars every 2-3 years didn't make sense for me.
All the best!

Tigger162
26-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Melb, 162 R line with dap in gray 60k with first service free. Ordered end of January pick up this coming Monday. I didn't research price and rushed things a bit. Oh and I just added paint insurance and front window tint so about 61k at end of the day.

popeye
26-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Melb, 162 R line with dap in gray 60k with first service free. Ordered end of January pick up this coming Monday. I didn't research price and rushed things a bit. Oh and I just added paint insurance and front window tint so about 61k at end of the day.
Ok i don't feel that bad now paying just over 60k myself [emoji2]
No panoramic roof?

X-Rated
26-05-2017, 10:29 PM
White 140TDI Highline, DAP and sunroof, with tow bar, mud flaps, boot tray and Euro plates. $58.9k

Ordered early March, delivery (currently) end of July.

TheTig
26-05-2017, 11:11 PM
$58,750, White 162TSI R-line, DAP, Panoramic Sunroof, tint, ordered end of March

notsure
27-05-2017, 07:11 AM
Hi that's such a great price! I got quoted $58400 on road with the highest corporate discount.... where did you go for yours

notsure
27-05-2017, 07:15 AM

What are the upgrades on the MY18?

Eyes24
27-05-2017, 07:31 AM
I didn't mine the few months extra wait, happy to have the upgrades What are the upgrades on the MY18?

MY18 Tiguan Updates

Manoeuvre braking, rear (all models)
Pedestrian recognition (all models)
Driver assistance package adds:
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Emergency Assist
- Lane Assist with adaptive lane guidance
17" Tulsa alloy wheel (Comfortline) is changing from a single 'star' cover to individual wheel bolt covers
Rear seat air vents receive a gloss black border, replacing chrome
Front head restraints are now height adjusted by pushing a button
LED headlight cleaning system has been discontinued from Highline models
Front fog light surrounding trim is changing from chrome to black
Roof rail mounts will receive a matte black finish instead of silver
High mounted rear brake light will receive a black frame
Internal headlight range/height adjustment dial has been replaced by a selection in the infotainment ‘car’ menu
New generation MIB infotainment systems – 8” Composition Media, 8” Discover Media and 9.2” Discover Pro
Media Control

My18 Tiguan new head unit

Discover Pro – Highlights (in addition to Discover Media):
• 9.2“ colour touchscreen display
• Capacitive panels replace buttons and dials
• Individually configurable home screen
• Gesture Control
• Voice Control
• DVD drive
• 10 GB of available storage

Deffly
27-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Fully loaded 162TSI in indium grey $60,200 da

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

smc67
27-05-2017, 12:48 PM

$59,500 fully loaded White 162 + tow bar + roof bars + rubber mats & boot liner. Ordered March, ETA October/ November

dieterbohlen
27-05-2017, 03:20 PM

Thank you for your answers everybody.
As I can see almost everyone opted to get a high level car i.e. 162TSI R circa 60k.
I was more interested in some pricing/offers/deals for more of a peasant vehicle around 30 grand mark.
With RRP of about 34grand what discount can I get seeing that 162TSI is a high demand vehicle and lower spec car is less desirable.
Thanks

Eyes24
27-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Thank you for your answers everybody.
As I can see almost everyone opted to get a high level car i.e. 162TSI R circa 60k.
I was more interested in some pricing/offers/deals for more of a peasant vehicle around 30 grand mark.
With RRP of about 34grand what discount can I get seeing that 162TSI is a high demand vehicle and lower spec car is less desirable.
Thanks

Aim for 10-8%

dieterbohlen
27-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Aim for 10-8%

Is it reasonable to go down to 27k for 2016 car MY17 110TSI Trendline with under 100km mileage (sort of demo)?

Eyes24
27-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Is it reasonable to go down to 27k for 2016 car MY17 110TSI Trendline with under 100km mileage (sort of demo)?

No ,RRP IS $39545 DA . just find one and make sure on the day you are ready to put pen to paper. Make low ball offer maybe 2000k under what you are actually willing to pay. They will counter . And so will u.
Realistically l would think new would be about
$36000

dieterbohlen
27-05-2017, 05:42 PM
No ,RRP IS $39545 DA . just find one and make sure on the day you are ready to put pen to paper. Make low ball offer maybe 2000k under what you are actually willing to pay. They will counter . And so will u.
Realistically l would think new would be about
$36000

Redbook says otherwise:
http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/used/details/2016-volkswagen-tiguan-110tsi-trendline-5n-auto-2wd-my17/SPOT-ITM-446560

Eyes24
27-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Redbook says otherwise:
http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/used/details/2016-volkswagen-tiguan-110tsi-trendline-5n-auto-2wd-my17/SPOT-ITM-446560

I quoted new price. U mentioned demo 100km , you might get a bit cheaper.

CraigR
27-05-2017, 07:05 PM
$60,500 for White Highline with Rline + DAP + sunroof + towbar + 2 year extended warranty + Full tank of fuel + drive away.

smc67
27-05-2017, 08:43 PM
$60,500 for White Highline with Rline + DAP + sunroof + towbar + 2 year extended warranty + Full tank of fuel + drive away.

Hi Craig - can I ask if that is dealer extended warranty or VW Australia. Do u know how much the extended warranty is on its own?

CraigR
27-05-2017, 08:47 PM
That is VW extended warranty (which can be purchased within the 3 year warranty). The 2 year extended warranty is $2000. The towbar was 1850 fitted FYI

smc67
27-05-2017, 10:55 PM
That is VW extended warranty (which can be purchased within the 3 year warranty). The 2 year extended warranty is $2000. The towbar was 1850 fitted FYI

Thanks! I was quoted $2050 for the warranty so pretty much line ball.
When is yours due in? Would love to see pick of how they mount the tow bar when you get it..

Schland77
28-05-2017, 10:07 AM
Thanks! I was quoted $2050 for the warranty so pretty much line ball.
When is yours due in? Would love to see pick of how they mount the tow bar when you get it..

Here are some pics of the VW genuine towbar on my http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/8a10b93a3f159adaed576ef12e43aea2-3.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/9463a3dc77d1fb1872a5a77540fddc9c-3.jpghttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/05/f6714f3832f059c3d26efd2bc746a8a4-3.jpg162TSI Rline

smc67
28-05-2017, 12:52 PM
Thanks for that! I was kind of hoping they could mount hidden under the rear bumper with the removable towball. I believe that this is how the Westfalia mounts but not 100% certain...

Rarak
28-05-2017, 03:54 PM
White 162tsi highline with Rline and DAP 54.6k

essy670
28-05-2017, 06:01 PM
I smell corporate or novated lease or 10 years ago for that price .. 😮😤

Eyes24
28-05-2017, 06:02 PM
I smell corporate or novated lease or 10 years ago for that price .. [emoji50][emoji36]

People should say if there price included corporate discount.

wingzee
28-05-2017, 06:16 PM

Is this under Novated Lease? I was quoted $53.6k by my NL provider but the interest rate is whopping 9%!

Vwvw1212
28-05-2017, 06:32 PM
I smell corporate or novated lease or 10 years ago for that price .. 😮😤

I think that's a fair price. I got the same but black, sunroof (these two are $2700 more) plus boot tray and euro plates (approx $500 for both) for $56850 da which is only $2450 more.
Business fleet though. Purchase on chattel mortgage or cash, my choice at around somewhere in 4% with ANZ or Macquarie.
As with anything in life, it is about who you know and in this case aiming for a good deal!

Rarak
28-05-2017, 10:09 PM
I did get a corporate discount thanks to my wife's work being on a list. However I think the key factors were knowing the price to aim for (by researching best prices achieved) and going to a regional dealer. Got this price last week btw.

Rarak
28-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Mispost

jrgti
30-05-2017, 12:51 AM
~ 53 K drive away brand new MY17 Comfortline 132, LP, DAP, Tow Bar, Tint, 2 year VW extended warranty. Without the LAP and DP these are pretty plain cars especially without LED head lights. The fit and finish of the interior is certainly inferior to the MK6 GTI I had but not too the extent that it is obvious except when you look closely.

TiG2016
30-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Comfortline 132, DAP, Cargo Mat, Rear Bumper Bar Protector: $46600 Drive away

Cootakid
05-06-2017, 02:51 PM
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the useful information. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Pulled the trigger today on 162 fully loaded in Tungsten Silver. November delivery. I had option of Corporate or Fleet discount. Either way same price apparently - $57200 (with front tint included)

Eyes24
10-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Finally confirmed! 162tsi in tungsten silver, black interior, my18, DAP, front tints, boot protection plate, euro plates for $52.6K. Now just the wait of a few months.

No rline kit?

Pzero
10-06-2017, 06:00 PM
No we decided against the extra 4K. Still happy, no regrets. :-)

Seanix
11-06-2017, 09:14 PM
162Tsi fully optioned. $56.5k DA.
Ordered back in March and apparently it's due to go into build in July. So anticipating a Oct/Nov delivery. Will be an MY18 model. 👍

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

numnut
17-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Grey 132tsi + DAP, My17 Model, arriving in Australia in Aug. $45,000. Also traded in my car.

quebeck
03-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Indium grey 132tsi, lp, dap, my17 model, $48,900. end of financial year sale and they had one in the lot so picked it up in 3 days!

Pzero
03-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Actually a typo in mine, so updating...
162tsi (not r line) in tungsten silver, black interior, my18, DAP, front tints, boot protection plate, euro plates for just under $52K. Delivery November.

Advice for good price - talk to a car broker based in your state.

NW3192
05-07-2017, 08:15 PM
132tsi with LP, upgraded tyre / wheel set. $38k on road. 2nd hand via dealer with 1500 km on the clock.

cameleon72
06-07-2017, 11:10 PM
Hi to all , long time reader first time poster ;) Just purchased and picked up my new toy Tiguan 132TSI Comfortline in tungsten silver with tinted windows included for $43500 Drive Away. Wish only if could get it with 18inch wheels with 235mm width , anyone in Sydney interested to do swap 17inch for 18inch new for new ones or as new condition please let me know.Regards

Bmos87
11-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Hi everyone, recently brought a new MY17162tsi in Habanero Orange with DAP, tint, tow bar, loading sill protector plate, cargo tray and wheels painted gloss black for $55,400. Was the dealers only 162tsi and had 400ks on it, which helped to get the price down.
Really wanted a R line but they didn't have one, and as it's the wife's daily she picked the orange. So the hunt is on to find the R line Aero to convert mine to look like an R Line at least haha.

Note: Just found put the Habanero Orange isn't available in R line.

vw_wb
15-07-2017, 10:45 PM
56k - 162tsi with DAP and R-line, Metallic black.
November delivery.

Rayco
31-07-2017, 08:02 PM
$47000 for MY18 110Tdi with DAP drive away. Private buyer so no business discount. September delivery.

tigger73
29-08-2017, 10:09 AM
For anyone looking for a MY18 162 R-line in white with DAP (no sunroof), there's one going into stock at the Barry Maney VW dealership in Mount Gambier.

It's due to land there in November so jump on it if you want one this side of Xmas.

GeeMoney
29-08-2017, 02:46 PM
54000 euro's, for a not full Rline!
Seems way more expensive then the prices in AUS?
Especially as all your cars need to be shipped for weeks.
Thanks to my goverment, i have 9000 of additional taxes.

sVWatt
29-08-2017, 04:09 PM
MY18 162TSI HIGHLINE Indium Grey, with RLine, DAP and sunroof.

$62k no trade in.
4 year novated lease - $485pf ($18k balloon)

ACT arrives January

sharp
30-08-2017, 10:58 AM
54000 euro's, for a not full Rline!
Seems way more expensive then the prices in AUS?
Especially as all your cars need to be shipped for weeks.
Thanks to my goverment, i have 9000 of additional taxes.

Don't worry, there is always someone somewhere paying less or more than you. Competition, brand positioning, affordability, market size etc play more role than distance. Look at the US market, it is far but large and competitive and car prices (and almost everything else) are much cheaper there.

GeeMoney
30-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Don't worry, there is always someone somewhere paying less or more than you. Competition, brand positioning, affordability, market size etc play more role than distance. Look at the US market, it is far but large and competitive and car prices (and almost everything else) are much cheaper there.

I know but it's ridiculous in The Netherlands. 9000,- euro's of taxes on my car. Also Germany were they are build is right next to us :)
My car is 54000 euro's but that makes 80000,- AUS Dollars if i'm correct.

spacemannz
30-08-2017, 07:47 PM
I know but it's ridiculous in The Netherlands. 9000,- euro's of taxes on my car. Also Germany were they are build is right next to us :)
My car is 54000 euro's but that makes 80000,- AUS Dollars if i'm correct.

Yep, sounds about right. I looked at the German VW website (cool 360deg view in the configurator tool, by the way!) and was shocked by the price feature for feature. My Austrian brother-in-law is green with envy that I'm can afford a better car than him :D

GeeMoney
30-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Yep, sounds about right. I looked at the German VW website (cool 360deg view in the configurator tool, by the way!) and was shocked by the price feature for feature. My Austrian brother-in-law is green with envy that I'm can afford a better car than him :D

Check volkswagen.nl site for the Dutch prices. But before you do that, take a seat :P . (they are even worse then Germany)

tigger73
16-09-2017, 07:17 AM
Volksfest deals are on. Everything but the Tiguan is on special!!!

Even the recently released 7.5 Golf is getting 1.8% finance.

I guess when demand > supply they don't have to discount it.

tigger73
16-09-2017, 07:18 AM
Volksfest deals are on. Everything but the Tiguan is on special!!!

Even the recently released 7.5 Golf is getting 1.8% finance.

I guess that's what happens when demand > supply.

gr33nbastad
16-09-2017, 07:30 AM
MY18 162TSI HIGHLINE Indium Grey, with RLine, DAP and sunroof.

$62k no trade in.
4 year novated lease - $485pf ($18k balloon)

ACT arrives January

That price doesn't sound right if you leased - should be fleet discount! Full sticker in ACT is $62226, but the fortnightly payment sounds quite good.

TiggyDriver
03-10-2017, 01:53 PM
MY18 Tiguan Adventure - Indium Grey, with DAP, Sunroof, Rubber mats (front and rear), Boot Liner and Window tint:

51k on a novated lease (so lease discount applies)

I also traded in my old Tiggy to the dealer. Picked it up just 2 weeks ago.

sharp
07-10-2017, 10:40 AM
MY18 Tiguan Adventure - Indium Grey, with DAP, Sunroof, Rubber mats (front and rear), Boot Liner and Window tint:

51k on a novated lease (so lease discount applies)

I also traded in my old Tiggy to the dealer. Picked it up just 2 weeks ago.

Best price so far afaik. Well done. Who's your novated lease company?

Ground_Level
07-10-2017, 05:45 PM
MY18 Pure White 162 Tiguan R Line Pack with DAP Private $52.800

tigger73
07-10-2017, 07:38 PM

That's a super deal! How did you manage to pick up a MY18 with private sale?

Ground_Level
07-10-2017, 08:26 PM
Even tho its a private sale i dont pay GST because i have a family member who has a disability

TiggyDriver
08-10-2017, 07:45 AM
Lease company is Toyota Fleet Management however I actually negotiated the price with the dealership first and then gave the quote to my lease company. My work actually has 3 different lease companies to choose from (SG Fleet, Fleet Plus and Toyota Fleet Management) so I obviously went with the one giving the best finance rate.

Best price so far afaik. Well done. Who's your novated lease company?

TiggyDriver
08-10-2017, 07:57 AM

That is an amazing price!

Ground_Level
09-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Change of plan went with a full loaded one. So now my18 162 Tiguan r line with roof dap $54600.00

daz32
09-10-2017, 01:05 PM
Change of plan went with a full loaded one. So now my18 162 Tiguan r line with roof dap $54600.00
great price!

i'm a little confused by the "private" sale.. was this through a dealer?

Ground_Level
09-10-2017, 01:28 PM
great price!

No broker and no corporate rates / salary packages just private use

sharp
09-10-2017, 06:17 PM
great price!

I understand It's just a normal purchase from a dealer but he said gst free. So not a direct comparison for other prices found in this thread

Seanix
09-10-2017, 08:35 PM
I understand It's just a normal purchase from a dealer but he said gst free. So not a direct comparison for other prices found in this threadAgree
54.6k for a loaded rline is the best deal in town [emoji108].
Imagine gst off on that price.. lol

White 162tsi fully loaded

Ground_Level
09-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Yeah its a sweet deal that i couldnt pass up cars in production so will get the woofy in december followed by the tig in march

sVWatt
10-10-2017, 06:20 AM
A Wolf and a Tiger - nice going Ground Level.
Look forward to seeing you around Canberra.

Yeah its a sweet deal that i couldnt pass up cars in production so will get the woofy in december followed by the tig in march

Ground_Level
10-10-2017, 09:27 AM
My woof will be easy to spot will probably the only modified one in canberra

Pete8oes
21-10-2017, 03:42 PM
Even tho its a private sale i dont pay GST because i have a family member who has a disabilityHow did you avoid the GST? I haven't heard of such thing (I have family member with disability)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

PB29
11-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Anyone ordered from a car broker? What is your experience?

I ordered through a broker 140tdi grey fully loaded. 59400. April delivery

Ground_Level
11-11-2017, 11:44 AM
How did you avoid the GST? I haven't heard of such thing (I have family member with disability)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If someone in your family has a disability of a limp loss or permanent disability if they use the car to travel to and from work you can get a gst exemption from ato as long as they keep the car for minimum two years or 40.000kms for the price of the new car and any parts aka tyres services plugs filters etc the only big thing that is not gst exemption is fuel costs really

Pzero
22-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Those looking for a great price and service in Sydney, go to Shervin at Cars & Co. Just google it up. He gave me an excellent price. My local dealer refused to budge. I saved almost $5000 going with him.

Delivery time had some minor delays but he compensated me for some of the inconvenience. Excellent service. I was waiting to receive the car before recommending him. Now I have no hesitation.

Good luck all!

PB29
22-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Those looking for a great price and service in Sydney, go to Shervin at Cars & Co. Just google it up. He gave me an excellent price. My local dealer refused to budge. I saved almost $5000 going with him.

Delivery time had some minor delays but he compensated me for some of the inconvenience. Excellent service. I was waiting to receive the car before recommending him. Now I have no hesitation.

Good luck all!Thats where i ordered my one too! What spec and delivery date of your order?

Pzero
22-11-2017, 10:00 PM
Thats where i ordered my one too! What spec and delivery date of your order?

162tsi with DAP, tints, euro plates. Delivered in 5 months from order. I received it last week.

PB29
22-11-2017, 10:08 PM
162tsi with DAP, tints, euro plates. Delivered in 5 months from order. I received it last week.Congrats! I ordered my one early this month. Delivery on april next year. I havent received any confirmation from the dealer though, only received PO from Cars and Co.

Pzero
22-11-2017, 10:44 PM
Congrats! I ordered my one early this month. Delivery on april next year. I havent received any confirmation from the dealer though, only received PO from Cars and Co.

You should follow up and ask for a dealer confirmation. Will need to sign paperwork with the dealer as well.

PB29
22-11-2017, 11:07 PM
You should follow up and ask for a dealer confirmation. Will need to sign paperwork with the dealer as well.I contacted the dealer manager directly. He said he will get the confirmation early this week. Which dealer did you get yours from?
How did C&C make up to you? Also how much is the tint and euro plate?
Sorry for the questions.

Pzero
22-11-2017, 11:13 PM
I contacted the dealer manager directly. He said he will get the confirmation early this week. Which dealer did you get yours from?
How did C&C make up to you? Also how much is the tint and euro plate?
Sorry for the questions.

I don't have breakdown costs, just got the package based on my specific requirements.
I got from Leichardt VW.
There were some dramas towards the end that caused delays so he made up for it. Helped pay for my rental etc.

amlibai
22-11-2017, 11:13 PM
MY18 132tsi Comfortline - Indium Grey with DAP and Luxury pack plus extended warranty with windshield cover 51000
This is without trade in of my current vehicle.

Nealo
23-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Congrats! I ordered my one early this month. Delivery on april next year. I havent received any confirmation from the dealer though, only received PO from Cars and Co.

What specs and price?

PB29
26-11-2017, 06:08 AM
What specs and price?140 Tdi, indium Grey fully loaded. 59,500.

RedDevil1999
26-11-2017, 03:39 PM
162tsi (no R-line) , DAP, metallic paint, tinting and loading boot cover for $53000. Delivery in 2 weeks ;)

flashman1207
26-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Is $40k a good price for a 110tsi Comfortline in Indium grey with DAP and tint, mats ?

flashman1207
29-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Well I just signed contract for 110tsi Comfortline in Indium grey with DAP, mats, rear luggage mat and Tint for $40k. Delivery not till April though. Turns out it will be a MY18.5... The difference? lots of USB ports front and rear....

mudguts
05-12-2017, 06:13 PM
132tsi comfortline white MY18 for $36,864 EX GST ($38,290 INC GST) corporate fleet discount driveaway. QLD.

ckleg88
06-12-2017, 02:50 PM
132TSI Comfortline gary MY18 with DAP and LP for $53,000 at Adelaide.
Ordered on Aug and delivery next week.
Am I paying too much?

Seanix
06-12-2017, 03:13 PM
$56.5k white 162tsi highline fully loaded. Novated lease so the price was down to approximately $51k.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/12/4a555af0075aa51a4496f18c521251ef-1.jpg

2016 RS3. 2015 A4

Pzero
06-12-2017, 05:11 PM
132TSI Comfortline gary MY18 with DAP and LP for $53,000 at Adelaide.
Ordered on Aug and delivery next week.
Am I paying too much?

Yes. I got 162tsi with DAP for a grand lesser.

ckleg88
06-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Yes. I got 162tsi with DAP for a grand lesser.

Damn, well. Adelaide only got one dealer. I wish I have another chance to push a little more for the price.

Pzero
06-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Damn, well. Adelaide only got one dealer. I wish I have another chance to push a little more for the price.

Try finding a car broker in Adelaide. Might help get a car from elsewhere outside your city for less.

ckleg88
06-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Try finding a car broker in Adelaide. Might help get a car from elsewhere outside your city for less.

Well, I don't want to wait another 3 month for the car.

Noted for next car in the future

mudguts
07-12-2017, 06:00 AM
Is $40k a good price for a 110tsi Comfortline in Indium grey with DAP and tint, mats ?

too high - aim for minimum 10% discount given it’s the end of year

Jackson22
07-12-2017, 09:13 AM
132tsi Comfortline Adventure Edition, DAP, Indium Grey, plus boot protector, boot liner. 46500 drive away. Of course it hasn't arrived yet..

flashman1207
07-12-2017, 11:37 AM
too high - aim for minimum 10% discount given it’s the end of year

uh? the spec i got has rrp of around $45k so I got a 11% discount.....

mudguts
07-12-2017, 06:00 PM
uh? the spec i got has rrp of around $45k so I got a 11% discount.....

Well if >10% then I agree that it is a good price

tfeccles
21-12-2017, 06:16 PM
132Tsi Comfortline with DAP, mats, boot lip protector and full tank $42790 drive away, north east Melbourne.

Olle
21-12-2017, 09:04 PM
110TSI Comfort line, no packs, window tint, mats, full tank for $35490 drive away from Solitaire in Adelaide.

flashman1207
22-12-2017, 12:53 PM
110TSI Comfort line, no packs, window tint, mats, full tank for $35490 drive away from Solitaire in Adelaide.

Thats an amazing price.... I thought i was good at negotiating. Is that MY18. What colour?

Olle
22-12-2017, 01:19 PM
MY17, brand new in Habanero Orange Metallic.

FirstVWbuyer
22-12-2017, 02:55 PM
$49,790 for 132tsi black, DAP & LP, that's driveaway

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Which dealer? Has there been a price rise since you bought because the car alone drive away is $46,660, 7000 for DAP & LP and $700 for paint thats $4510 off the price.

martinnw
22-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Hi there, that was from Mt Gravatt VW and on an NLC lease. So no gst, no trade and NLC do drive a hard bargain.

mudguts
23-12-2017, 08:48 AM
Which dealer? Has there been a price rise since you bought because the car alone drive away is $46,660, 7000 for DAP & LP and $700 for paint thats $4510 off the price.

From my experience talking to multiple dealers in QLD in December, 10% discount is fairly easy to achieve on a lease including GST with no trade.

Good luck [emoji4] my 132tsi arrives in late Jan, was originally early Jan but dealer sold my car to someone else :( so I negotiated a luggage floor mat and a loan car on the mean time, but still feel a bit screwed in having to wait another 2 weeks. Thoughts?

piratedaddy
29-12-2017, 01:55 AM
Hi,

First and new owner of 132TSI Comfortline here, arriving in Late Jan.

Just purchased today for $47,650 with Luxury Package, Full Car Tint, Full Tank, Weathershields and Black Slim Line Plate.

Not sure if I paid too much for this..

Olle
29-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Good luck [emoji4] my 132tsi arrives in late Jan, was originally early Jan but dealer sold my car to someone else :( so I negotiated a luggage floor mat and a loan car on the mean time, but still feel a bit screwed in having to wait another 2 weeks. Thoughts?

How does that even happen? Dealer stuffs up or a case of wanting a quick sale so you get shafted?

Transporter
29-12-2017, 08:29 AM
From my experience talking to multiple dealers in QLD in December, 10% discount is fairly easy to achieve on a lease including GST with no trade.

Did he admitted or you just think? 2weeks delay is nothing.

mudguts
29-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Did he admitted or you just think? 2weeks delay is nothing.

So I went through a lease company who confirmed that the car has arrived and going through customs etc now and should be ready for pick up in 2 weeks at which time I will receive a call from the dealer. I hear nothing, so I call the dealer who says it is still on it’s way arriving at the port start of Jan. tell him about what the lease company said and he says that the earlier arriving car went to someone else. I get annoyed and ask what he is going to do for me. Strangely he says that the lease company should have confirmed the exact location of the car with me and he had the right to do what he did. I figure he sold it to someone who wanted a car quick and in the process screwed me assuming that I was not sweating on it.

Transporter
29-12-2017, 11:11 PM
I figure he sold it to someone who wanted a car quick and in the process screwed me assuming that I was not sweating on it.

Or he sold it for more.

mudguts
30-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Or he sold it for more.

Exactly and means I get a 2018 plate model :)

lincs
31-12-2017, 02:38 PM

There are 4.

Solitaire (x2)
Duttons
Reynella
Tanunda

Dead5pur
02-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Hi Guys,

In the market for a 110TSI Comfortline with DAP + Luxury Package + Metallic Paint in Melbourne. Any recent purchasers who can share what they paid?

I had tried right before the end of the year to go with just the DAP included for $40k, however couldn't get the dealer to agree.

Thanks!

Jackson22
02-01-2018, 02:10 PM
Hi,

First and new owner of 132TSI Comfortline here, arriving in Late Jan.

Just purchased today for $47,650 with Luxury Package, Full Car Tint, Full Tank, Weathershields and Black Slim Line Plate.

Not sure if I paid too much for this..

doesn't seem bad. I paid 46500 (well, will pay, IF it ever gets its wheels off the docks) for an 132TSI Comfortline Adventure with DAP.. but no other extras, oh actually the boot protector and boot liner.. The Adventure is $2,000 more, so once you add all your extras it sounds comparible. So, maybe we both paid too much or we are both master negotiators..... !!

flashman1207
02-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Hi Guys,

In the market for a 110TSI Comfortline with DAP + Luxury Package + Metallic Paint in Melbourne. Any recent purchasers who can share what they paid?

I had tried right before the end of the year to go with just the DAP included for $40k, however couldn't get the dealer to agree.

Thanks!

I'm in Perth but got one with DAP, Tint, Mats, Cargo liner for $40k... Long wait though.... April

Dead5pur
03-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Ended up going with a 110TSI Comfortline with both DAP and Luxury Package for $46k with 3 year extended warranty and slim plates. Based in Melbourne. Wife will be happy come April when it arrives!

calebo
13-01-2018, 10:55 PM
Well I just signed contract for 110tsi Comfortline in Indium grey with DAP, mats, rear luggage mat and Tint for $40k. Delivery not till April though. Turns out it will be a MY18.5... The difference? lots of USB ports front and rear....

Is that drive away or plus orc?

flashman1207
14-01-2018, 02:51 PM
Is that drive away or plus orc?

Drive away

Toddles
18-01-2018, 11:06 AM
Looking at getting a white 162 with Rline and DAP, from the research I have done so far the average price is approx $55,500 drive away. What have people being paying recently? I was talking to a dealer and he did not want to negotiate at all from $60k!

braddersnz
18-01-2018, 01:22 PM
Looking at getting a white 162 with Rline and DAP, from the research I have done so far the average price is approx $55,500 drive away. What have people being paying recently? I was talking to a dealer and he did not want to negotiate at all from $60k!

I've heard rumours of people getting . around 57K. We paid 60k including DAP, Sunroof and R Line pack.

Seanix
18-01-2018, 04:39 PM
I've heard rumours of people getting . around 57K. We paid 60k including DAP, Sunroof and R Line pack.$56.5k fully optioned here.
I am seeing a lot more R lines on the road now. Surely the pricing should settle a bit.

2016 RS3. 2015 A4

smarty
18-01-2018, 06:57 PM
Same here $56500 fully optioned

immature
19-01-2018, 01:37 AM
About to pull the trigger on a Highline 162TSI + DAP (no metallic paint or R-Line) for $51,400 driveaway in Perth... does that price sound OK?

Delewin
19-01-2018, 08:05 AM
About to pull the trigger on a Highline 162TSI + DAP (no metallic paint or R-Line) for $51,400 driveaway in Perth... does that price sound OK?I think that's a very good price. Snap it up. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Toddles
19-01-2018, 08:40 AM
That’s a great price. Can I ask what dealer / broker you are using?

a1ring23
19-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Got a 132TSI Adventure with DAP for $46k, friend got a 162TSI + metallic + sunroof + DAP for $52.5k.

braddersnz
20-01-2018, 07:38 AM
I clearly suck at car negotiating!! Don’t do it nearly enough!

Jackson22
20-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Yes, I got a 132 Adventure with DAP for 46500, (clearing not as good at negotiating), drive away, got them to chuck in protector strip on boot and boot liner.

ingy
20-01-2018, 10:41 AM
I paid 41660 For a 132 Comfort with DAP and Tinting drive away

flashman1207
22-01-2018, 05:35 PM
I paid 41660 For a 132 Comfort with DAP and Tinting drive away

2018 model?

ingy
22-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Yep ordered in Dec but am going away for 7 weeks mid feb so requested delivery for early April. Dealer said that it would be a 2018.

flashman1207
22-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Yep ordered in Dec but am going away for 7 weeks mid feb so requested delivery for early April. Dealer said that it would be a 2018.

That is incredibly cheap... I mean REALLY CHEAP, like ridiculously cheap....$4k lower than anyone else has managed (I think).... Which dealer?

ingy
22-01-2018, 08:49 PM
LOL, my apologies that figure is probably a bit skewed. I got that price from my Novated Lease contract. I just double checked the actual dealer quote and it was 43930 which is still pretty good I think. I was able to get a little over 3k discount with fleet discounting. This was at Solitaire Adelaide. Really good to deal with so far.

flashman1207
22-01-2018, 09:07 PM
LOL, my apologies that figure is probably a bit skewed. I got that price from my Novated Lease contract. I just double checked the actual dealer quote and it was 43930 which is still pretty good I think. I was able to get a little over 3k discount with fleet discounting. This was at Solitaire Adelaide. Really good to deal with so far.

Still a very good price. If I could have got the 132tsi for that I would have jumped at it. As it was I got the 110tsi Comfortline with DAP, metallic paint and tint etc for $40k and that I believe was a very good price. So well done !!!!

Rodmartin
23-01-2018, 12:03 PM
I just bought a new 162 TSI Highline on the weekend from Camberwell dealership for total driveaway price of $54,200.
Options: Driver Assistance Package, Sunroof, Indium Grey, Slimline plates. Have been told delivery will be late April.

lall22
23-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Hi all,

New to this forum and am in the market for a Tiguan.

Has anyone purchased a Tiguan 162 TSI with all options loaded in Sydney who may like to share an itemised invoice/quote?
Salesperson at Sydney City in Botany is under the impression that the best price any dealer has sold one away for has been $60,800, however it’s clear in this forum that this is not the case.
Your help would be much appreciated :)
Thanks in advance

buddy03
23-01-2018, 10:32 PM
I'm considering getting the Tiguan 162 TSI with R-Line, DAP and metallic paint if I can get it for around $56k. I'm just wondering if it's worthwhile asking the dealer for a 2018 manufacturing date or is it a given as R-Line requires customised installation?

tigger73
23-01-2018, 11:28 PM
If you’re ordering it you’ll be getting a 2018 build unless there’s something on a boat or in a holding yard that isn’t allocated. Sales do fall through/people change their minds so it does happen.

If it was a 2017 built car I’d be wanting a reasonable discount to take it. Not sure what the wait list on these is like now but you may be ordering a MY 19 spec as these start getting built in June and arriving in late August/September.

braddersnz
24-01-2018, 10:11 AM
If you’re ordering it you’ll be getting a 2018 build unless there’s something on a boat or in a holding yard that isn’t allocated. Sales do fall through/people change their minds so it does happen.

If it was a 2017 built car I’d be wanting a reasonable discount to take it. Not sure what the wait list on these is like now but you may be ordering a MY 19 spec as these start getting built in June and arriving in late August/September.

AFAIK ours is on a boat at the moment and is MY18 so that's probably a fair assumption

tigger73
24-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Just so people are aware (especially when talking to the dealer), there is a difference between MY18 and 2018 build.

MY18 relates to a model specification that will be built between June 2017 and May 2018.

2018 build means cars that come off the production line between 1 Jan 2018 and 31 Dec 2018.

So you'll get:

2017 build, MY18 spec (cars manufactured June 2017 to Dec 2017 )
2018 build, MY 18 spec (cars manufactured Jan 2018 and May 2018 )
2018 build, MY 19 spec (cars manufactured June 2018 to Dec 2018 )

When you go to sell a car most of the trade-in price will be related to the build date and not the MY spec, though if there are large spec changes then the more clued on appraisers will look at this but they are definitely in the minority.

There's never a really great time to buy a car. If you wait to buy the new spec (which usually lands in late Auguast / early Sept), then the car will soon be turning 1 year old. If you wait until February to pick up a new year build car it'll be the "old" spec in 6 months.

Just don't be caught out by having a dealer say it's a MY18 car and thinking you're getting a 2018 built car. Ask the question when the car was built and if it's a 2017 built car then get them to knock a couple of grand off the price as the car is already a year old (in terms of resale).

flashman1207
24-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Apparently I am getting a MY18.5 car. The dealer showed me the gumf on this when I placed the order and it is just USBs in the back and the deletion of the orange colour as an option. I'll be buggered if I can find any info on the Internet about it though

tigger73
24-01-2018, 05:58 PM
Ok yes there can sometimes be minor mid MY spec changes. And that’ll be designated MY18.5. Sometimes there is and sometimes not. But as you say pretty minor changes (some may find the extra USB ports handy though).

They’re often so minor they won’t redo brochures or specs. The sales guys will get a notification of the changes and that’s about it.

flashman1207
24-01-2018, 07:43 PM
It's either 2 or 3 ports in the back and an extra in front I think. Not major but when you have 3 teens will keep them happy at least

Rooboy
24-01-2018, 08:07 PM
update is on this page. 2 extra ports - 1 apple compatible front and 1 rear

Wolfsburg Edition Golf R (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/wolfsburg-edition-golf-r-108576-96.html)

Jackson22
24-01-2018, 08:32 PM
It's either 2 or 3 ports in the back and an extra in front I think. Not major but when you have 3 teens will keep them happy at least

True but that said, 14.95 from Jaycar gave me a dual USB adapter from rear 12v socket

soup
26-01-2018, 03:49 AM
I just bought a new 162 TSI Highline on the weekend from Camberwell dealership for total driveaway price of $54,200.
Options: Driver Assistance Package, Sunroof, Indium Grey, Slimline plates. Have been told delivery will be late April.

Hi Rodmartin, do you have the name of the person you dealth with?

soup
26-01-2018, 03:54 AM
$56.5k fully optioned here.

What dealership did you get this from? I've tried 3 dealers and can't get anything under 60 (and that's with no R Line)! :???:

immature
26-01-2018, 03:02 PM
That’s a great price. Can I ask what dealer / broker you are using?

Sorry for the late reply - got the price through nlc who are a novated lease company, but didn't have a problem negotiating a price even though I wasn't going to get a lease. Can recommend.

V Dub Ya Bush
27-01-2018, 09:44 AM
My recent purchase was for $55,200 2017 MY18 162TSI highline with R-line and Driver Assist.

Tried to buy from Canberra but they laughed and were reluctant for even a $100 discount. Oh well, to Sydney I went!

Bunty
27-01-2018, 03:02 PM
My recent purchase was for $55,200 2017 MY18 162TSI highline with R-line and Driver Assist.

Tried to buy from Canberra but they laughed and were reluctant for even a $100 discount. Oh well, to Sydney I went!Same. Canberre dealer wanted over 6k more than what I ended up getting from Sydney dealer.
Would not bargain at all.
Had even bought 2 previous cars from them, but they must think they have a captive market.

Ruby Red Rline 162

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Rooboy
27-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Same. Canberre dealer wanted over 6k more than what I ended up getting from Sydney dealer.
Would not bargain at all.
Had even bought 2 previous cars from them, but they must think they have a captive market.

Ruby Red Rline 162

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

You're not the first one saying that as a friend and her father have done the same in the last 6 months - both bought from Sydney and had their cars trucked down. The Canberra dealer probably won't care...unless they start missing sales targets.

Boosted
27-01-2018, 03:34 PM
My recent purchase was for $55,200 2017 (tel:200 2017) MY18 162TSI highline with R-line and Driver Assist.

Tried to buy from Canberra but they laughed and were reluctant for even a $100 discount. Oh well, to Sydney I went!

Hi,

Would you share the Sydney dealer name? Looking for a fully optioned 162TSI Highline in white or silver but not getting anything under $60k as well.

Thanks

Boosted
27-01-2018, 03:36 PM
What dealership did you get this from? I've tried 3 dealers and can't get anything under 60 (and that's with no R Line)! :???:

I would like to know this info as well. Thanx

jalam
27-01-2018, 05:14 PM
Hi guys, looking to buy Tiguan 162TSI Highline with Rline, DAP, Indium Grey. I'm in Sydney and spoke to few dealers and was ready to pay deposit for $54K. None agreed. What's the best price I should look for? Thanks.

V Dub Ya Bush
27-01-2018, 06:09 PM
I went through a broker. Car connect. Probably not worth mentioning dealer as they can all compete when the tender goes out.

If you want a contact at car connect let me know.

You don’t need to lease or be a company.

Boosted
28-01-2018, 01:09 AM
I went through a broker. Car connect. Probably not worth mentioning dealer as they can all compete when the tender goes out.

If you want a contact at car connect let me know.

You don’t need to lease or be a company.

Thanx. Contact would be great.

Rodmartin
30-01-2018, 08:20 AM
Hi Rodmartin, do you have the name of the person you dealth with?

Ask for George. He was keen to do a deal.

soup
02-02-2018, 09:45 PM

edsnails
06-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Hi Everyone. New to the forums here.
Looking at a new Tiguan and wanting to know what others have paid?
Only wanting a base model 110TSI Trendline, Auto, Metallic paint (others are out of the price range).
I'm in Melbourne.
Is the 3 years warranty pretty standard? How easy is it to negotiate more years?
Thanks!

jalam
10-02-2018, 05:10 PM
I have ordered 2018 build VW Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with Rline, DAP, Indium Grey, floor mats, premium plates, Boot strip liner and cargo proctector 56.5K driveway. Expected delivery May but earlier if I’m lucky.

FirstVWbuyer
13-02-2018, 02:32 PM
132Tsi Comfortline with DAP, mats, boot lip protector and full tank $42790 drive away, north east Melbourne.

Hi, I am in Melbourne too. Could you refer me to the dealer and salesman? I would like a price match if possible. Thank You.

tfeccles
13-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Doncaster Volkswagen. This was a fleet purchase through NLC so I dealt with Alan Gwynne their Fleet/corporate manager.

FirstVWbuyer
13-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Doncaster Volkswagen. This was a fleet purchase through NLC so I dealt with Alan Gwynne their Fleet/corporate manager.

You need 10+ cars in your fleet to get the fleet pricing right. I have a business with 3 cars under the company name. Can I go through NLC?

k4rma
14-02-2018, 03:12 PM
132 TSI Adventure, metalic with DAP & tints -> 46.5k

Jackson22
14-02-2018, 05:00 PM
132 TSI Adventure, metalic with DAP & tints -> 46.5k

sounds great... that's what I paid, on road (I presume yours is) without tints.. nice work! Great car too, loving it.

Grugly
14-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Signed the contract on Saturday for a 162tsi, indium grey, DAP and sunroof. $58,300. Delivered this Saturday as was the last one available until March in Brisbane.

k4rma
14-02-2018, 10:06 PM
sounds great... that's what I paid, on road (I presume yours is) without tints.. nice work! Great car too, loving it.

Yeah I read your post prior to negotiating...used it as a target price! Thanks!

Jackson22
15-02-2018, 09:34 AM

hey that is fantastic! glad to help.. :-)

tfeccles
15-02-2018, 02:27 PM
You need 10+ cars in your fleet to get the fleet pricing right. I have a business with 3 cars under the company name. Can I go through NLC?

I've no idea. I work for a large enterprise and NLC is one of the providers they use to supply novated lease via salary sacrifice. I think as an individual you can go to NLC and indeed as a business. Talk to them and find out.

Fan12
16-02-2018, 01:05 PM
Hi K4rma I going to ACT dealer tomorrow to negotiate, dealer is willing but negotiate if I can provide him with quote from other dealer. Do you have any informal quote form this dealer nothing which shows any personal info, it would be really helpful in negotiating price down. Thanks

Jackson22
16-02-2018, 01:30 PM
Hi K4rma I going to ACT dealer tomorrow to negotiate, dealer is willing but negotiate if I can provide him with quote from other dealer. Do you have any informal quote form this dealer nothing which shows any personal info, it would be really helpful in negotiating price down. Thanks

is this a usual thing? Could you show him this forum. Or walk? I paid the same as K4rma but without tints. good luck

Fan12
16-02-2018, 02:31 PM
is this a usual thing? Could you show him this forum. Or walk? I paid the same as K4rma but without tints. good luck
I will try that tomorrow, ACT dealers are not known for providing good deals. I will post price tomorrow.

Fan12
16-02-2018, 03:22 PM
I just talked the nlc guy, if I provide first page with pricing, they will atleast try to match it. At this time they have given me $50,103 for 132tsi Adventure with DAP.