PDA

View Full Version : Yeah the DSG getting slippy real quick

zzc2010
15-05-2017, 02:11 PM
Hi all

Just a quick post on my 132TSI 7-spd DSG

The car done less than 4000kms and I felt DSG shuttering and slipping.

Sad~

Neal

Janko
15-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Please give an account of the circumstances under which it happened.I will try to replicate the situation and see if it happens on my car

doc_777
15-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Interesting. My wife's 132TSI has done triple those kays without a hint of an issue. (Goes in for it's first service next week)

zzc2010
15-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Please give an account of the circumstances under which it happened.I will try to replicate the situation and see if it happens on my car

Try a cold start or drive up hill.

Watch the rpm dial. It jumps and the car shakes.

zzc2010
15-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Interesting. My wife's 132TSI has done triple those kays without a hint of an issue. (Goes in for it's first service next week)

Probably the DSG need a reset.

I have no idea

Janko
15-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Try a cold start or drive up hill.

Watch the rpm dial. It jumps and the car shakes.

I have not faced any DSG jerks during any of the situations.
When you stop on a hill and then start do you use the autohold feature?The autohold is a much better option than trying to hold the car by just biting the DSG

ope126
15-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Hi all

Just a quick post on my 132TSI 7-spd DSG

The car done less than 4000kms and I felt DSG shuttering and slipping.

Sad~

Neal

Neal, you have started a number of threads with issues with your Passat.
Have you taken it to VW yet?

They might sort it all out for you...

Hillbilly
15-05-2017, 05:38 PM
Just a heads up but if you drive it like a slush box it will get slippy really quickly

EG trying to hold it on a hill using the throttle like in an old auto Creeping in traffic by lightening off on the brake pedal and letting it move forward.
THE DSG IS NOT AN AUTO It is basically a manual gearbox with two electronically controlled clutches One works 1,3 5 ,7 and the other works 2,4,6
Therefore if you do any of the above it is similar to slipping the clutch in a manual and may be accompanied by suitable burning smells.

zzc2010
15-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Neal, you have started a number of threads with issues with your Passat.
Have you taken it to VW yet?

They might sort it all out for you...

No I havent

I just want to give some feedback and discussion on this forum and see how the others go

I may ask dealer to fix all the issues together later on as the car is still pretty new and drivable..

zzc2010
15-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Just a heads up but if you drive it like a slush box it will get slippy really quickly

EG trying to hold it on a hill using the throttle like in an old auto Creeping in traffic by lightening off on the brake pedal and letting it move forward.
THE DSG IS NOT AN AUTO It is basically a manual gearbox with two electronically controlled clutches One works 1,3 5 ,7 and the other works 2,4,6
Therefore if you do any of the above it is similar to slipping the clutch in a manual and may be accompanied by suitable burning smells.

Yep those are good advices.

Thanks

I basically want to see how the car improved from my 2013 Golf mk7

However, DSG are all quite easy to break in my opinion. Whichever dry or wet, it burns the clutch pads.

I do have extended warranty so I dont mind those issues too much.

Dealer will always give it a new clutch pad but It is just quite annoying that you need to fix the clutch like every year.

Anyway I will keep an eye on it then maybe fix the issues with dealer one day.

Hillbilly
15-05-2017, 09:48 PM

Thanks

However, DSG are all quite easy to break in my opinion. Whichever dry or wet, it burns the clutch pads.

Dealer will always give it a new clutch pad but It is just quite annoying that you need to fix the clutch like every year.

If you drive it properly you shouldnt need clutches every year ever.

Drive it like you own it, not like you stole it

doc_777
16-05-2017, 07:22 AM

Thanks

If you need to replace the clutch pack every year, the problem is likely with the driver, not the vehicle.

Kachingg
16-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Really!! every year.... glad i'm not buying a used car off you
Tell me do you add oil only when warning light comes on then think oh engine is making funny noises bad vw workmanship

I have a 140k+ 9 year old 6 speed wet dsg in my highline i know how to drive it still works like new

Wife has a polo with the so called horror 7 speed dry clutch i taught her how to drive it 55k and still like new no shudders clunking ect

Daughter is getting highline when my new car(7 speed wet dsg) arrives i have taught her how to drive it looking forward to many more trouble free years

Please do not blame gearbox for your own bad driving issues

zzc2010
16-05-2017, 11:51 PM
Really!! every year.... glad i'm not buying a used car off you
Tell me do you add oil only when warning light comes on then think oh engine is making funny noises bad vw workmanship

I have a 140k+ 9 year old 6 speed wet dsg in my highline i know how to drive it still works like new

Wife has a polo with the so called horror 7 speed dry clutch i taught her how to drive it 55k and still like new no shudders clunking ect

Daughter is getting highline when my new car(7 speed wet dsg) arrives i have taught her how to drive it looking forward to many more trouble free years

Please do not blame gearbox for your own bad driving issues

You better teach me how to drive then!

Looking forward to your lesson.

doc_777
17-05-2017, 07:28 AM
The message that you don't seem to be getting is that perhaps you should be looking at the way you drive, instead of simply blaming the machinery.

But of course, it MUST be the machinery, mustn't it. There could NEVER be anything wrong with the way you are treating it could there?

In the end, someone can only be helped if they are willing to accept that help.

Kachingg
17-05-2017, 08:25 AM
I will take that as a cry for help

Not that i expect you to learn but others hopefully will benifit

When releasing brake at lights and esp uphill wait till you feel dsg clutch engage it feels like a little jerk or bump
then accelerate away, don't mash throttle as soon as you can
Don't creep in traffic with foot on the brake its like slipping the clutch on a manual gearbox sure to burn the clutch out
wait till you have a gap take foot off brake and move up stop rinse/repeat
Drive smoothly you can fool computer in gearbox and make it do all sorts of funny things if you play around with accelerator pedal
don't! drive smooth flow with traffic look ahead read traffic 200 mtrs ahead
If your stomping on throttle and brake all the time you are doing it wrong smooth and flowing will get you there just as fast and less wear on your car(with the added bonus of being relaxed at end of drive)
i drive a vry large truck all day with extreme close driving(missing cars poles ect by inches all day) and my boss loves me i dont hit anything and my truck lasts longer and breaks down less than any other in fleet despite being the oldest should have been retired 2 years ago but i am still driving it as it lasts..... Why? smooth driving go and releax flow and you will benefit as well

VW Convert
17-05-2017, 08:48 PM

So to summarise, you say your near new car has a mechanical problem but rather than take it to a dealer to get it looked at, you would rather leave it and potentially risk greater damage whilst posting a number of threads in this forum complaining about it. Then you make ridiculous and patently untrue statements about all DSGs being prone to failure and requiring clutch replacements every year.

I've been driving DSG equipped cars for 11 years now and never had an issue with any of them and know many others with similar experiences so to me your credibility is zero.

Stop posting crap and take your car to the dealer.

Tuan
18-05-2017, 10:32 AM

Thanks

Warranties run out eventually ... so how many DSG boxes have you broken ? Maybe stick with a generic automatic or CVT for your next gearbox as history has shown that the DSG box is not as forgiving as an auto box if it is "not driven right". Yup, just like a manual car with a clutch, you can actually drive a DSG equipped car incorrectly, which is probably very annoying to some owners that have not been advised on how to correctly use one.

Have a read of this .. VWVortex.com - How to Play The DSG Game, and Win - DSG Driving Tips and Tricks (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5989734-How-to-Play-The-DSG-Game-and-Win-DSG-Driving-Tips-and-Tricks)