PDA

View Full Version : Passat B8 MY18 updates

limiteded
30-04-2017, 12:20 PM
MY18 updates, as per the tiguan thread to which info was initially posted by eyes24 for all my18 changes

colours tungsten silver, reflex silver, indium grey, night blue metallic have been discontinued
colours mangangrey, pyritsilver metallic are added

New manouver braking function front & rear
easy access by way of drivers seat moving back for entering and exiting the vehicle std for those with full electric seats

Internal headlight range control is now intergrated into the infotainment car menu

new MIB infotainment systems being : discover media 8 inch and discover pro 9.2
media control function avaliable
2 usb ports now in the front instead of 1
wheel nut covers on kalamata wheels changed from star to induvidual covers

please correct, update as required

Mr_206
30-04-2017, 08:22 PM
adaptive lane assist and traffic jam assist, and emergency assist std

Isnt this already standard od the 206?

When will MY18's be here you think?

Mr_206
30-04-2017, 08:23 PM
and what does this mean "Internal headlight range control"

Eyes24
30-04-2017, 09:03 PM
adaptive lane assist and traffic jam assist, and emergency assist std

Isnt this already standard od the 206?

When will MY18's be here you think?

About October 9-15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doc_777
01-05-2017, 07:18 AM
Seeing as though different models in the range have different feature levels, it isn't surprising that some or all of these features are standard already on the "upper spec" models.

snala
01-05-2017, 08:05 AM
Yes. My 206 has all of this as standard anyway. Don't have headlight height adjustment with the Dynamic system as it does it automatically.
The memory seat easy access isn't great though as it after time it doesn't always go back to the correct location. Mine seems to drift backwards so has to be adjusted and reset every couple of days.

doc_777
01-05-2017, 10:24 AM
<snip>
The memory seat easy access isn't great though as it after time it doesn't always go back to the correct location. Mine seems to drift backwards so has to be adjusted and reset every couple of days.

Had the same issue with my previous vehicle (Nissan Patrol Y62) - the comfort access system (which included steering column adjustment) in that vehicle also "drifted" :( I know it doesn't help fix the situation, but VW aren't alone with this. In the end, I just turned off the "comfort access" feature to stop the seat and steering column moving on every entry/exit to/from the vehicle.

Mr_206
01-05-2017, 10:34 AM
so only real update for the 206 is the colours and the new display screen by the looks of it!

snala
02-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Would have been nice to get the all over camera view i.e 360 camera, and the close after you walk away button on the back door like the Tiguen has already.

doc_777
02-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Would have been nice to get the <snip> close after you walk away button on the back door like the Tiguen has already.

Wolfsburg has that. Different models in the range, different specs. If they didn't do that, then people would pretty much all buy the base model all the time...

snala
02-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Wolfsburg has that. Different models in the range, different specs. If they didn't do that, then people would pretty much all buy the base model all the time...
Yes fair enough. Id say the 206 must have that or being updated to have that then too then. Mine is a year old so maybe the newer 206s have it already if the Top Alltrack does.

Mr_206
02-05-2017, 12:16 PM
Not sure why they continue to also drop the head up display!!

rave75
02-05-2017, 02:13 PM

But none of the sedan range has automated boot, unlike the overseas model.

doc_777
02-05-2017, 02:24 PM
But none of the sedan range has automated boot, unlike the overseas model.

Which overseas model? Built where? US-spec vehicles are very very different to the Euro manufactured ones we receive, so just trying to clarify which ones you are referring to :)

rave75
03-05-2017, 11:58 AM
Which overseas model? Built where? US-spec vehicles are very very different to the Euro manufactured ones we receive, so just trying to clarify which ones you are referring to :)

I know US Passat is different, even the shape. The Euro manufactured ones for European market have easy open boot for sedan as well, 360 camera, HUD, ventilated seats among other things. Even the ones for Malaysian market has easy open boot for sedan and 162TSI. Sigh.

doc_777
03-05-2017, 01:06 PM
I know US Passat is different, even the shape. The Euro manufactured ones for European market have easy open boot for sedan as well, 360 camera, HUD, ventilated seats among other things. Even the ones for Malaysian market has easy open boot for sedan and 162TSI. Sigh.

When you say "easy open" boot, are you referring to opening or closing? My wife has a 2016 132TSI Comfortline - press the boot button on the remote, and it opens purely by pressure in the spring/hinge system. Same as when you press the badge on the boot lid. Closing is manual of course...

rave75
05-05-2017, 05:16 PM
When you say "easy open" boot, are you referring to opening or closing? My wife has a 2016 132TSI Comfortline - press the boot button on the remote, and it opens purely by pressure in the spring/hinge system. Same as when you press the badge on the boot lid. Closing is manual of course...

No easy open means you kick under the boot and the boot will open, as with closing, you press a button on the boot/your remote as well (i think), and it will close. This feature is only available in wagon version of Passat here.

Jimi
29-05-2017, 11:16 PM
Was hoping the 206 would get the Tiguan's new 7 speed DSG

Mr_206
30-05-2017, 09:32 AM
The Arteon does!

Caddyman
05-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Anyone know if Dynaudio will make a return in the passat as is has with Golf 7.5??

Chiroptera
07-07-2017, 01:58 AM
Any idea when the next batch of MY17 or MY18 Alltracks is getting delivered?

Bucko68
28-07-2017, 02:05 PM
I've just been informed by my dealer that my MY18 206tsi r-line wagon is on the docks in Germany and should be here Mid September. I ordered it end of May through SG Fleet. I had to pick one of the new MY18 colours (Pyrite metallic silver) as the MY17 colour I was after was no longer available.

Apart from that i'm not completely sure what the full upgrades or changes are to the new MY18 model (although the German VW website gives me some idea along with some of the other posted comments here)

Mr_206
03-08-2017, 01:29 PM
I think the main change will be the updated Discovery Pro 2 screen

Bucko68
03-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Thanks, I think you are spot on.

I'm a bit dubious because I have to say goodbye to my pride and joy, my 2013 V6 AWD Wagon...geez that V6 is going to take some beating! Not one issue in 4 years of ownership - to think I used to be an unshakeable Subaru man!

Jimi
12-08-2017, 12:25 AM
I can't believe how little info there is on this. Anywhere. Anyone know for sure? We seem to know all about tiguan and golf updates

tigger73
12-08-2017, 07:47 AM
OK here's the list of changes for MY18 Passat and Passat Alltrack

New generation MIB infotainment systems – 8” Discover Media and 9.2” Discover Pro
Media Control has been introduced to all models
2 (Apple compatible) USB ports in the front for all models
New driver assistance functions – Manoeuvre braking, front and rear on all models
The following paint colours have been discontinued:

Reflex Silver
Tungsten Silver Metallic
Indium Grey Metallic
Night Blue Metallic

New paint colours:

Pyrit Silver Metallic
Manganese Grey Metallic

The Passat Alltrack 18" Kalamata alloy wheel is changing from a single 'star' cover to individual wheel bolt covers
Easy Entry/Easy Exit function as standard for electric seats with memory (not 132TSI)
The disable function for the alarm system interior monitoring is operated via the infotainment system rather than a button on the B-Pillar (Highline, 206TSI R-Line and Alltrack)
The internal headlight range/height adjustment dial has been replaced by a selection in the infotainment ‘car’ menu
The "BlueMotion Technology" badge has been removed, however BlueMotion Technology features and functionality remain unchanged

So yes the major changes are the new Discover Media head units and probably the paint/colour changes.

Jimi
12-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Thanks tigger. You did that easy! (I did try, promise!)

Some good changes confirmed there. 7 sp wet clutch and the Golf R power bump would have tempted me into a 206 wagon. Maybe next year

tigger73
12-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Thanks tigger. You did that easy! (I did try, promise!)

No problems. Sorry I hadn't got around to posting the list of changes for MY18 here. As you said it had been confirmed for a few other models.

Some good changes confirmed there. 7 sp wet clutch and the Golf R power bump would have tempted me into a 206 wagon. Maybe next year

I think the Passat is in the same boat as the Tiguan - too early in the model life to make such large changes as motor and drivetrain updates. My guess is that these will be in a mid-model life refresh.

Wynnston
14-08-2017, 11:18 PM
OK here's the list of changes for MY18 Passat and Passat Alltrack

New generation MIB infotainment systems – 8” Discover Media and 9.2” Discover Pro
Media Control has been introduced to all models
2 (Apple compatible) USB ports in the front for all models
New driver assistance functions – Manoeuvre braking, front and rear on all models
The following paint colours have been discontinued:

Reflex Silver
Tungsten Silver Metallic
Indium Grey Metallic
Night Blue Metallic

New paint colours:

Pyrit Silver Metallic
Manganese Grey Metallic

The Passat Alltrack 18" Kalamata alloy wheel is changing from a single 'star' cover to individual wheel bolt covers
Easy Entry/Easy Exit function as standard for electric seats with memory (not 132TSI)
The disable function for the alarm system interior monitoring is operated via the infotainment system rather than a button on the B-Pillar (Highline, 206TSI R-Line and Alltrack)
The internal headlight range/height adjustment dial has been replaced by a selection in the infotainment ‘car’ menu
The "BlueMotion Technology" badge has been removed, however BlueMotion Technology features and functionality remain unchanged

So yes the major changes are the new Discover Media head units and probably the paint/colour changes.

Volkswagen must have hired someone from Apple to spec this update. "Shh, let's not give them all the current industry leading tech but introduce it in the MY 18.5/19 and make out that it's groundbreaking technology"

tigger73
15-08-2017, 05:21 AM
Volkswagen must have hired someone from Apple to spec this update. "Shh, let's not give them all the current industry leading tech but introduce it in the MY 18.5/19 and make out that it's groundbreaking technology"

Have to drip feed out the options/updates to try and keep the model "fresh".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk