PDA

View Full Version : Rear Traffic Alert issue - New Tiguan Gen II

cjmifsud
29-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Hi All,

Took delivery of my new Tiguan first week of April 2017. Everything going great except one issue. I have the 140TDI Highline with DAP. On day 2 I noticed when backing out of my driveway that the rear traffic alert would illuminate on the camera as normal but no audible sounds were made. Tried every possible combination to get the audible sound to work but no joy.

Checked the owners manual and it clearly says on page 232 ....'a sustained warning signal will sound for vehicles with built in park pilot'

Had it back to the dealers twice and they are scratching their heads. Dealer has referred it to VW Germany for assistance. The dealer almost implied it was working correctly. If that's the case the manual is wrong. Has anyone come across this issue before. I've searched the forums without finding anything.

My prior car (Mazda CX-5) had the rear traffic alert feature so I've kind of got used to having it.

Appreciate any comments/help on where to look for a fix.

bestyjny
29-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Rear Traffic Allert is to alert you of on-coming crossing traffic. But only when detect moving car. Maybe you didn't had situation required to alert you?

Did you had any sounds when using parking sensors?

cjmifsud
01-05-2017, 03:21 PM
thanks for reply, yes I have normal sounds for parking sensors front and rear. side alert also works fine. car has been back to VW dealer twice. they confirm there is a fault but so far they do not know how to fix it.

theitchy
01-05-2017, 07:48 PM
I dont think our tiguan do have this kind of Rear traffic alert because i did check in car settting and manoeuvre braking and rear traffice alert were not available ( not highlighted) like the rear tone setting, entertaintment fading ... ( noted my car full option r line)

Eyes24
01-05-2017, 07:56 PM
You might find this option is not on the my17 but will be on my18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IsDon
01-05-2017, 08:27 PM
It's on the MY17

Eyes24
01-05-2017, 08:38 PM
It's on the MY17

Ok

gorey
01-05-2017, 08:44 PM
What is manoeuvre braking supposed to do?

theitchy
01-05-2017, 09:22 PM
oh, can you all please check whether these function available or not , thank you29261

cjmifsud
02-05-2017, 07:36 AM
thankyou, yes these functions are enabled correctly on my car. only problem is no audible sound can be heard. I see a visual warning but no sound.

theitchy
02-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Ah. I heard sound too. That means these functions activated on this year 17 model. Thanks. I did not know much about these...hehe