PDA

View Full Version : Is the 110tsi Power OK ?

curly747
23-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Just wondering if there are any 110tsi owners out there? I am thinking about a 110tsi comfortline with DAP but am just a little worried about the power. I have done a test drive and power seemed OK to me. But i guess 110kw seems a bit low on paper and was wondering how they go in the real world with kids and luggage on board on a highway. I don't need it to be a racing car but would like it to keep up on hills and overtake OK. Is there anyone out there who can comment after owning or doing an extended test drive?

metallibanger05
23-04-2017, 06:00 PM
We bought one 2 months ago, is enough power to do anything normal, overtakes and gets up to speed just fine, happy with the 6spd dsg aswell, went for a long highway drive this weekend and is returning about 5.5l/100. Remember it's the same engine and tune as the highline golf, so it's no real slouch

marcuskmt
23-04-2017, 06:23 PM
It's the accelerator lag in the 110 that annoyed me!

Gladbach
23-04-2017, 07:02 PM
It's the accelerator lag in the 110 that annoyed me!
Even the 162TSI has acceleration lag.

NZ_GolfR
23-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Have you tried resetting the Drive-by-wire throttle system? I did a few weeks back and seemed to make quite a difference (at least I think it did [emoji846]):

With the car off push the accelerator pedal to the floor and leave it down. Turn the ignition on (but don't start car) and wait at least 10 seconds. Release the accelerator and turn the car off.
When you restart the car the throttle should be much more responsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gladbach
23-04-2017, 07:30 PM
I'll try that ;)

ope126
23-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Have you tried resetting the Drive-by-wire throttle system? I did a few weeks back and seemed to make quite a difference (at least I think it did [emoji846]):

With the car off push the accelerator pedal to the floor and leave it down. Turn the ignition on (but don't start car) and wait at least 10 seconds. Release the accelerator and turn the car off.

Does this work across the model range or only MQB based vehicles?

NZ_GolfR
23-04-2017, 08:06 PM
I believe it is any VW that has a Drive-by-wire throttle. I have seen it on Golf and Touareg forum sites.

theitchy
23-04-2017, 10:01 PM
NZ-GOLF .. how can i turn ignition on? I press button once after i sat in the car to start the engine, and press once before leaving. With Audi, as i remember, first press is to turn ignition, but this one doesnt. Maybe im not really good in using these high tech car.... thats why ... please help... thanks

dinot81
23-04-2017, 10:02 PM

Isn't that the procedure to reset the DSG (for those without VCDS)??? Some models differ either 10 or 20 seconds from I have read online.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

NZ_GolfR
23-04-2017, 10:05 PM
NZ-GOLF .. how can i turn ignition on? I press button once after i sat in the car to start the engine, and press once before leaving. With Audi, as i remember, first press is to turn ignition, but this one doesnt. Maybe im not really good in using these high tech car.... thats why ... please help... thanks

If you press the button without having your foot on the brake pedal it turns the ignition on but doesn't start the engine.

mpc
23-04-2017, 10:12 PM
I've also got the 110tsi comfortline. The power is fine. We have 2 kids in car seats in the back and have done a few trips with it fully loaded with luggage and strollers etc with 2 adults, 2 kids. On the freeway overtaking is good, and acceleration from stop lights is as good as you will ever need.

I was also concerned about it being not powerful enough but before we bought we test drove the 110 and 132 back to back and I personally couldn't notice ant difference. It was easily the best driving experience of similar priced SUVs that we test drove all of which had at least 2L engines.

We decided to spend extra money on DAP and luxury pack rather than 4wd and a bigger engine, and have not regretted it at all.

tigger73
23-04-2017, 11:04 PM
The 110TSI is around 170kg lighter than the 132TSI so can get away with less power and not suffer too much as a consequence.

If you don't need AWD then the 110TSI is not a bad option in terms of value/bang for buck.

curly747
24-04-2017, 09:07 AM
We bought one 2 months ago, is enough power to do anything normal, overtakes and gets up to speed just fine, happy with the 6spd dsg aswell, went for a long highway drive this weekend and is returning about 5.5l/100. Remember it's the same engine and tune as the highline golf, so it's no real slouch
Thankyou. Great info. The 5.5l/100 is pretty good.

curly747
24-04-2017, 09:19 AM
I've also got the 110tsi comfortline. The power is fine. We have 2 kids in car seats in the back and have done a few trips with it fully loaded with luggage and strollers etc with 2 adults, 2 kids. On the freeway overtaking is good, and acceleration from stop lights is as good as you will ever need.

I was also concerned about it being not powerful enough but before we bought we test drove the 110 and 132 back to back and I personally couldn't notice ant difference. It was easily the best driving experience of similar priced SUVs that we test drove all of which had at least 2L engines.

We decided to spend extra money on DAP and luxury pack rather than 4wd and a bigger engine, and have not regretted it at all.
Thanks for the info. This sort of real world info you can't really get from a car review site. I am thinking along similar lines with where should i spend my money. I doubt i will ever really need 4WD so i think i will be happy with a 2WD and better fuel economy and save that money for something else. Great to hear the power is OK with kids and luggage on board.

curly747
24-04-2017, 09:36 AM
The 110TSI is around 170kg lighter than the 132TSI so can get away with less power and not suffer too much as a consequence.

If you don't need AWD then the 110TSI is not a bad option in terms of value/bang for buck.

Thanks for the reply. Yes i had noticed the weight difference with the smaller engine and no AWD which must help with economy and power to weight. AWD would be nice but i think i would rarely need it and would be wasted on me. The 9.2 second 0-100 time of the 110tsi seems pretty decent.