PDA

View Full Version : Easy Close button and infotainment color

aussieriky
23-04-2017, 02:47 PM
Hi guys,

I test drove a 162TSI R-Line yesterday and I have a couple of questions that the dealer was totally unhelpful with:

1) I tried the Easy Open boot with the kick under the bumper and it never worked. I've read hit and misses on this so I'm not overly concerned about the actual mechanism. I'm more wondering if it need to be activated in the infotainment at all?

2) I tried the Easy Close boot option that allows for the boot to close automatically when you walk away and it never worked. On top of that, the light LED in the Easy Close button was not lit. Is there again a setting for this to work or did I do anything wrong myself? Should the led be on at all times?

3) finally, I can't recall fully, but I believe the infotainment always displayed the car graphics to be painted in grey instead of the actual white of the model I was driving. Is this normal? can it be changed? Should is go to spec savers?

Thanks,

R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vexed
23-04-2017, 03:20 PM
In my Superb, for the easy open and close function to work, the car has to be locked and ignition is off... It won't work if the car is already unlocked or the engine is running. Give that a try and see how it goes. Also, make sure you have the key with you :)

hcvo1
23-04-2017, 03:34 PM
In my Superb, for the easy open and close function to work, the car has to be locked and ignition is off... It won't work if the car is already unlocked or the engine is running. Give that a try and see how it goes. Also, make sure you have the key with you :)

To get it working, you must have the key close to the boot. Works every time for me.

NZ_GolfR
23-04-2017, 03:43 PM
You definitely have to have the key with you to get the Easy Open and Close functionality to work. Being that the LED didn't light up with you pressed the button to close I am pretty sure it wasn't detecting the key close by. The auto close works by the fact the key is close when you press button and then when it goes out of range it triggers the boot to close (very handy when your hands a full of things you are getting out of boot).

With regard to changing the colour and style of the Tiguan images shown on the Infotainment and AID, I have been playing around with the coding and haven't been able to change this. Can change it to different VW models like Golf and Touran but they are all the same grey colour.

Olle
23-04-2017, 11:07 PM
3) finally, I can't recall fully, but I believe the infotainment always displayed the car graphics to be painted in grey instead of the actual white of the model I was driving. Is this normal? can it be changed? Should is go to spec savers?

Pretty sure it's supposed to be this way. My Golf shows it up as light grey when the car is actually white. It's easier to have one graphic then model specific. Probably easier on the software guys too (less **** for them to stuff up).

wiredless
24-04-2017, 04:51 PM
You definitely have to have the key with you to get the Easy Open and Close functionality to work. Being that the LED didn't light up with you pressed the button to close I am pretty sure it wasn't detecting the key close by. The auto close works by the fact the key is close when you press button and then when it goes out of range it triggers the boot to close (very handy when your hands a full of things you are getting out of boot).

With regard to changing the colour and style of the Tiguan images shown on the Infotainment and AID, I have been playing around with the coding and haven't been able to change this. Can change it to different VW models like Golf and Touran but they are all the same grey colour.

+1 the easy open works fine once you get the hang of it. I think t manual actually says to kick front to back rather than side to side.

Same with the close - as long as you have the key it should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro