PDA

View Full Version : R-Line High Beam

SNOBUM
21-04-2017, 12:46 AM
Do you have High Beam Assist or Dynamic High Beam in Australia? My R-Line has neither in NZ. Hoping to at least enable High Beam Assist via VCDS - anybody got the exact process for. 2017 R-Line?
Also finding when lights are on auto, the headlights turn on way to early - even building shadows in the late afternoon will make them turn on. Any way to adjust the light sensor?
Cheers

bendor
21-04-2017, 08:43 AM
With the Auto sensor, every one of my VWs have had that issue so I'd say its endemic. I used to ask the dealer to check it at service time but it never really improved. I was wondering with DRLs whether its even having them on auto anymore....?

DV52
21-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Do you have High Beam Assist or Dynamic High Beam in Australia? My R-Line has neither in NZ. Hoping to at least enable High Beam Assist via VCDS - anybody got the exact process for. 2017 R-Line?
Also finding when lights are on auto, the headlights turn on way to early - even building shadows in the late afternoon will make them turn on. Any way to adjust the light sensor?
Cheers

SNOWBUM: -Over the years, I've collected quite a few VCDS tweak instructions (from all sorts of web-stes) related in the main to my Golf mk7, which like the Tiggy was built on a MQB platform.

Here's the instructions from this database for activating HBA.

Select the BCM (@ address hex09)
Enter the magic number 31347
Select Adaptation
Find ENG10578-ENG116637-Fernlicht_assistent-Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent and change setting to present (default on the Tiggy is not present)
Select Coding
Go to Byte 2 and change Bit 0-2 to hex3 (i.e Bit 0 = 1, Bit 1=1, Bit 2 =0)
Select the Front Camera module (i.e. Frt Sens. Drv. Assist @ address hexA5)
Select Coding
Go to Byte 2 and check that Bit 0 is set to 1

As I said, these instructions are for a Golf mk7, but the car has the same build platform as the Tiggy. If you implement the instructions, please provide feedback

As for you other question - there is a facility for headlight switch-on level in the MENU. Other than this, there are adjustable threshold levels on the Rain Light Sensor module which is a slave module to the BCM. Here's a screenshot of what's available from my mk7 - your Tiggy will be the same because it uses the same series RLS:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/04/SkoZ8lI-3.jpg

But there is also an adaptation channel in the BCM for the Tiggy with the intriguing name ENG122931-ENG123004-RLS_Lights_on_at_Rain-p_lx_regenlichtschwelle which translates to RLS_Lights_on_at_Rain-p_lx_Rain light threshold. The standard level that lighting engineers use for twilight is notionally 500 Lux, so the default value for this channel on the Tiggy of 600 Lx makes sense. Try altering this value

Don

SNOBUM
21-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Thanks Don - your help very much appreciated - will let you know how I get on.

SNOBUM
27-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Hi Don
I tried the tweaks you suggested to enable High Beam Assist - unfortunately my BCM is the one that only displays all zeros in the coding.
Have you got any further info regarding that module? I see you mentioned this in the Ross-Tech forum.

I have adjusted the other settings as per your suggestions, but do not get the Light Assist check box on the settings menu of the entertainment unit

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 5Q0-937-08X-V2.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 937 084 CF HW: 5Q0 937 084 CF
Component: BCM MQBAB M+ H34 0236
Serial number: 02001700700531
Coding: 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000
Shop #: WSC 01357 011 00200
ASAM Dataset: EV_BCMMQB 017001
ROD: EV_BCMBOSCH_017.rod
VCID: 7EF425BAE16C35B19B-802A

Thanks
Nigel

NZ_GolfR
28-04-2017, 08:00 PM
So I think I have managed to have some success here with activating this wit the R-Line LED lights. Here is what I have done (using OBDeleven):

Make sure Lights are switched off
Control Unit: Central Electronics (Hex09)
Adaption - Fernlicht_assistent - Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent: Change to Present
Adaption - Fernlicht_assistent - Erweiterte_Frenlichtsteuerung: Change to AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS (mine was originally set to: AFS, Fernlicht ueber AFS) - This was the important change that wasn't documented anywhere else and seems to stop the rest of the coding from working.
Coding - Long Coding - Byte 2: Change to Hex3 (Bit 0=1, Bit 1=1)
Control Unit: Front Sensors Driver Assistance System (HexA5)
Coding - AFS_coding_Light_assist: Change to High_Beam_Assist (Long coding Byte 21 - Hex 20 (Bit 5=1))

Once I had done this I now have Light Assist showing in the Car Settings Menu under Light Settings:

And when I flick the lights stalk forward I get the Light with A in it showing on the AID:

Now I just need to test to see how well it works....

theitchy
28-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Great, NZR- can you manage to record the video footage for steps that you ve been doing, due to it is so risky for the dumbest person like me did not know how to backup before coding, thats why if something goes wrong then it would be one step one life ... hehe ... thank you

Gladbach
28-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Great, NZR- can you manage to record the video footage for steps that you ve been doing, due to it is so risky for the dumbest person like me did not know how to backup before coding, thats why if something goes wrong then it would be one step one life ... hehe ... thank you
Are you using OBDEleven? It's pretty easy to do a backup before coding, and to be honest, it's essential.

theitchy
28-04-2017, 11:02 PM
No, I have not ordered mine yet Glad, however I definitely need your instruction on how to perform backing up. Moreover, backup function does available in OBDELEVEN, Glad?

Gladbach
28-04-2017, 11:09 PM
No, I have not ordered mine yet Glad, however I definitely need your instruction on how to perform backing up. Moreover, backup function does available in OBDELEVEN, Glad?

Yes, there's a backup function with OBDEleven.

theitchy
28-04-2017, 11:10 PM
Thank Glad, thats nice , ill order it soon and ask you how ...hehe ...

SNOBUM
29-04-2017, 05:35 AM
Thanks for that NZ_GolfR - very helpful.
My only concern is coding the Central Electrics module Byte 2 using VCDS, as I have no reference of what to go back to should something go wrong - see my post about showing all zeros.
Does OBDeleven show the coding for that module?
Is your module the same part number (5Q0 937 084 CF)?
Cheers

NZ_GolfR
29-04-2017, 07:20 AM
Yes, there's a backup function with OBDEleven.

It also keeps a history of all your changes so you can easily see what you have done to then go back and undo the changes. Or in my case see the changes made so I can then write up the details for everyone here without having to sit in my car (my wife already looks at me funny for the amount of time I spend in my car without going anywhere [emoji3])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NZ_GolfR
29-04-2017, 07:28 AM
Thanks for that NZ_GolfR - very helpful.
My only concern is coding the Central Electrics module Byte 2 using VCDS, as I have no reference of what to go back to should something go wrong - see my post about showing all zeros.
Does OBDeleven show the coding for that module?
Is your module the same part number (5Q0 937 084 CF)?
Cheers

In Central Electroincs module Byte 2 was set to Hex0 (all bits set to 0) on mine so I just changed it to Hex3 by turning on Bit 0 and Bit 1.

theitchy
29-04-2017, 07:40 AM
Thank you NZR -- I like .......hehe

SNOBUM
29-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Thanks for everyone's help - I have got High Beam Assist to work a treat!

I followed NZ_GolfR instructions, however I found that I did not need to code Byte 2 on my BCM (09) module - just left it as found - just adjusted adaptations as per instructions and coded A5 Byte 21.

Have not been able to find the speed adaptation as yet, so it activates at about 65kmh at the moment. Does not appear to be in module A5, but probably in 09.

artful
18-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Thanks for everyone's help - I have got High Beam Assist to work a treat!

I followed NZ_GolfR instructions, however I found that I did not need to code Byte 2 on my BCM (09) module - just left it as found - just adjusted adaptations as per instructions and coded A5 Byte 21.

Have not been able to find the speed adaptation as yet, so it activates at about 65kmh at the moment. Does not appear to be in module A5, but probably in 09.

I have done the module 09 adaption, but i couldn't find any module A5 in my VCDS.
So i tested to skip module A5 and it does show light assist in my infotainment and at AID, but one activate is say Failed Light assist.

NZ_GolfR
18-08-2017, 02:12 PM
I have done the module 09 adaption, but i couldn't find any module A5 in my VCDS.
So i tested to skip module A5 and it does show light assist in my infotainment and at AID, but one activate is say Failed Light assist.

Module A5 is "Front Sensor Driver Assistance" which controls the camera in the front it uses to dip the headlights as well as Adaptive Cruise Control. Depending on the model you have you might not have this camera so therefore won't be able to code this option.

artful
18-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Module A5 is "Front Sensor Driver Assistance" which controls the camera in the front it uses to dip the headlights as well as Adaptive Cruise Control. Depending on the model you have you might not have this camera so therefore won't be able to code this option.

Thanks NZ_GolfR for your prompt reply, Oh dang my model doesn't come with front camera.

Adz11
25-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Artful what model do you have.

artful
26-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Artful what model do you have.

I'm from Malaysia, which the model doesn't have full DAP system, only partial.
It only come with

Park Assist, parking bay and parallel parking assistance
Active Info Display with customisable menus
LED headlights with dynamic cornering lights

wingzee
02-10-2017, 10:30 AM
So I think I have managed to have some success here with activating this wit the R-Line LED lights. Here is what I have done (using OBDeleven):

Make sure Lights are switched off
Control Unit: Central Electronics (Hex09)
Adaption - Fernlicht_assistent - Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent: Change to Present
Adaption - Fernlicht_assistent - Erweiterte_Frenlichtsteuerung: Change to AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS (mine was originally set to: AFS, Fernlicht ueber AFS) - This was the important change that wasn't documented anywhere else and seems to stop the rest of the coding from working.
Coding - Long Coding - Byte 2: Change to Hex3 (Bit 0=1, Bit 1=1)
Control Unit: Front Sensors Driver Assistance System (HexA5)
Coding - AFS_coding_Light_assist: Change to High_Beam_Assist (Long coding Byte 21 - Hex 20 (Bit 5=1))

Once I had done this I now have Light Assist showing in the Car Settings Menu under Light Settings:

And when I flick the lights stalk forward I get the Light with A in it showing on the AID:

Now I just need to test to see how well it works....

Thanks for this mate! Have you tested and confirm that it works? Does it only gets triggered when above a certain speed? Is it possible to adjust that?

nibose
23-08-2019, 10:40 PM
Hi,

Is there anyway to enable High Beam Assist for Golf with halogen headlights? My car has all the other sensors/camera etc.

Cheers